• Djokovic looked old yesterday

From Ocean Naught@21:1/5 to All on Mon Jul 17 06:06:19 2023
    Old and tired.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From The Iceberg@21:1/5 to Ocean Naught on Mon Jul 17 06:54:06 2023
    On Monday, 17 July 2023 at 14:06:21 UTC+1, Ocean Naught wrote:
    Old and tired.

yes taking the world #1 the best 20 year old we've seen in 20 years to 5 sets, breaking him after a 22 shot rally + being(to credit Pelle)"one drive volley away from the match", yeah really made Djoker look ancient!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Sawfish@21:1/5 to Ocean Naught on Mon Jul 17 07:46:37 2023
    On 7/17/23 6:06 AM, Ocean Naught wrote:
    Old and tired.

Yep. Unmistakable.

The best example was reversal of direction. Very slow and labored.

--
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ "When I was back there in seminary school, there was a person there who put forth the proposition that you can petition the Lord with prayer...

"Petition the lord with prayer...

"YOU CANNOT PETITION THE LORD WITH PRAYER!"

--Sawfish

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Gracchus@21:1/5 to MBDunc on Mon Jul 17 08:41:45 2023
    On Monday, July 17, 2023 at 8:25:58 AM UTC-7, MBDunc wrote:
    On Monday, July 17, 2023 at 4:06:21 PM UTC+3, Ocean Naught wrote:
    Old and tired.
    Subjective:

Similar to Delpo-Fed USO 2009 final.

Ragged you look, ragged you are.

But nah....Djoker played a good ball, this Alcaraz played phenomenal ball. All creds to him. #1 when 20y with tons of titles already.

Propably Djoker's phenomenal ball would have beaten Alcaraz today but according to Jimmy Connors your phenomenal ball events happen only thrice during a career? (Connors listed: Wim 74 final, USO 78 final, USO Edberg match 1989, 3r/4r?)

When did "phenomenal" become the new "awesome"? I'm still trying to pinpoint that. ;)

Must admit, though, it fits in the case of Alcaraz yesterday. On the Tennis Channel, even frame shots hit by middling players are phenomenal.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From MBDunc@21:1/5 to Ocean Naught on Mon Jul 17 08:25:55 2023
    Old and tired.

Subjective:

But nah....Djoker played a good ball, this Alcaraz played phenomenal ball. All creds to him. #1 when 20y with tons of titles already.

Propably Djoker's phenomenal ball would have beaten Alcaraz today but according to Jimmy Connors your phenomenal ball events happen only thrice during a career? (Connors listed: Wim 74 final, USO 78 final, USO Edberg match 1989, 3r/4r?)

.mikko

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From The Iceberg@21:1/5 to Gracchus on Mon Jul 17 08:56:50 2023
    On Monday, 17 July 2023 at 16:41:47 UTC+1, Gracchus wrote:
    Old and tired.
    Subjective:

When did "phenomenal" become the new "awesome"? I'm still trying to pinpoint that. ;)

Must admit, though, it fits in the case of Alcaraz yesterday. On the Tennis Channel, even frame shots hit by middling players are phenomenal.

they all said 36 is the new 26, so he must've looked even older than when he smashed Sinner to bits in the SF! LOL

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From MBDunc@21:1/5 to The Iceberg on Mon Jul 17 09:05:48 2023
    On Monday, July 17, 2023 at 6:56:53 PM UTC+3, The Iceberg wrote:
    they all said 36 is the new 26, so he must've looked even older than when he smashed Sinner to bits in the SF! LOL

Sinner is good but he is like Murray-lite?

He has no killer instinct to go one notch above?

.mikko

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From MBDunc@21:1/5 to Gracchus on Mon Jul 17 09:07:44 2023
    On Monday, July 17, 2023 at 6:41:47 PM UTC+3, Gracchus wrote:
    Old and tired.
    Subjective:

I confess, I invented this "phenomenal" just for selfish interests... :). I tried to find our new terms for awesome, brilliant......)

.mikko

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From TT@21:1/5 to All on Tue Jul 18 00:14:56 2023
    Gracchus kirjoitti 17.7.2023 klo 18.41:
    When did "phenomenal" become the new "awesome"? I'm still trying to pinpoint that.

Probably Robbie Koenig, who also introduced the term "phenomenadal".

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Gracchus@21:1/5 to All on Mon Jul 17 14:36:11 2023
    On Monday, July 17, 2023 at 2:14:59 PM UTC-7, TT wrote:
    Gracchus kirjoitti 17.7.2023 klo 18.41:

When did "phenomenal" become the new "awesome"? I'm still trying to pinpoint that.

Probably Robbie Koenig, who also introduced the term "phenomenadal".

Ugh. Sounds like a wanna-be-cool Brad Gilbertism like "fearhand."

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Court_1@21:1/5 to The Iceberg on Mon Jul 17 16:33:27 2023
    On Monday, July 17, 2023 at 9:54:08 AM UTC-4, The Iceberg wrote:
    Old and tired.

yes taking the world #1 the best 20 year old we've seen in 20 years to 5 sets, breaking him after a 22 shot rally + being(to credit Pelle)"one drive volley away from the match", yeah really made Djoker look ancient!

Yes, exactly! Before the match Ocean and other Djokovic zealots were proclaiming that Djokovic was ageless and would win slams for the next 15 years. Now, Djokovic finally loses to the first decent younger player on the scene in ages but in a closely
    contested battle where he could have easily won if a few shots went differently and all of a sudden we hear, "Djokovic is ancient."

These coping mechanisms used by all fanbases when a favorite player loses are hysterical.

Newsflash: These goat level players are not supreme beings despite what the media may have told us over the years. It's not normal behavior to be so obsessed with a damn tennis player that you have to make up 1000 excuses when said player loses. How
    about the truth for once which is your favorite player lost on the day because another player was a bit better?

Don't worry Ocean, your beloved icon will win more slams. There are only two players currently who are the cream of the crop: Djokovic and Alcaraz. I don't think Alcaraz will make it every single time to meet Djokovic and what other player can beat
    Djokovic? Sinner, Tsitsipas, Ruud? We've seen that movie many times before.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Court_1@21:1/5 to Sawfish on Mon Jul 17 16:40:24 2023
    On Monday, July 17, 2023 at 10:46:41 AM UTC-4, Sawfish wrote:
    Old and tired.
    Yep. Unmistakable.

-- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ "When I was back there in seminary school, there was a person there who put forth the proposition that you can petition the Lord with prayer...

--Sawfish

He doesn't look OLD in any way, shape or form! He's as fit as a fiddle. It was a close match which could have easily gone Djokovic's way. Wait until the next time they play. Djokovic won't sleep for weeks. He'll obsessively study the tapes of the match
    and come out with solutions for the next match they play. He probably does that better than any great player I've ever seen.

He finally has another rival who can challenge him now that Federer is retired and Nadal is absent. That's good.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From MBDunc@21:1/5 to All on Mon Jul 17 16:48:31 2023
    On Tuesday, July 18, 2023 at 2:33:30 AM UTC+3, Court_1 wrote:
    Now, Djokovic finally loses to the first decent younger player on the scene in ages but in a closely contested battle where he could have easily won if a few shots went differently and all of a sudden we hear, "Djokovic is ancient."

I strongly disagree. Djoker lost two important matches: Meds USO 2021 and to Zverev Olympics 2021. They younger than Djoker, right?

In Wimb final (apart from 1st set), Djoker was hanging and hoping. Playing good, not his best, but good still.

All creds to Alcaraz, he is.....new.....something.....

.mikko

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Sawfish@21:1/5 to MBDunc on Mon Jul 17 17:11:13 2023
    On 7/17/23 4:48 PM, MBDunc wrote:
    Now, Djokovic finally loses to the first decent younger player on the scene in ages but in a closely contested battle where he could have easily won if a few shots went differently and all of a sudden we hear, "Djokovic is ancient."

I don't know about others, but I don't see it as binary.

He looked older than in any other match I saw him play. If I did not
    know, and someone said: "Hey. That guy is 36," I'd say "Yep."

I strongly disagree. Djoker lost two important matches: Meds USO 2021 and to Zverev Olympics 2021. They younger than Djoker, right?

In Wimb final (apart from 1st set), Djoker was hanging and hoping. Playing good, not his best, but good still.
    Yes. Might have won, but definitely was not the dominant player at that
    point in the match.

Yes.

.mikko

--
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ "Reality is that thing that does not go away when you stop believing in it."

--Sawfish ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Sawfish@21:1/5 to All on Mon Jul 17 17:14:58 2023
    On 7/17/23 4:40 PM, Court_1 wrote:
    Old and tired.
    Yep. Unmistakable.

--
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ >> "When I was back there in seminary school, there was a person there who put forth the proposition that you can petition the Lord with prayer...

--Sawfish

He doesn't look OLD in any way, shape or form! He's as fit as a fiddle.

In respect Courty, I could see this:

- difficulty in reversing direction;

- inability to reach drop shots with adequate prep

- general sluggishness.

If you are past 40, you'll recognize these symptoms, especially reversal
    of direction.

It was a close match which could have easily gone Djokovic's way. Wait until the next time they play. Djokovic won't sleep for weeks. He'll obsessively study the tapes of the match and come out with solutions for the next match they play. He probably
    does that better than any great player I've ever seen.

He finally has another rival who can challenge him now that Federer is retired and Nadal is absent. That's good.

--
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ "...and your little dog, too!"
    --Sawfish

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Court_1@21:1/5 to MBDunc on Mon Jul 17 17:32:24 2023
    On Monday, July 17, 2023 at 7:48:33 PM UTC-4, MBDunc wrote:

Yes, those were big Djokovic losses to younger players but they were the exceptions and not the rules. Medvedev and Zverev simply aren't consistent enough to trouble Djokovic regularly.

I definitely give a lot of credit to Alcaraz and I hope he can go on and regularly humiliate Djokovic but I'll believe it when I see it. In fairness to Alcaraz, I think he's the player that can do it. But will he? Or will they split match wins?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Court_1@21:1/5 to Sawfish on Mon Jul 17 17:36:05 2023
    On Monday, July 17, 2023 at 8:15:01 PM UTC-4, Sawfish wrote:
    Old and tired.
    Yep. Unmistakable.

--
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "When I was back there in seminary school, there was a person there who put forth the proposition that you can petition the Lord with prayer...

--Sawfish

- general sluggishness.

I agree. I just don't really see much of that with Djokovic. I do see that he's declined physically somewhat but he's made some compensations as well.

Obviously though, Alcaraz looks like a 20 year old beast physically and yet HE cramped during the FO and Oldovic looked like the 20 year old.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Tuan@21:1/5 to All on Mon Jul 17 21:20:54 2023
    On Tuesday, July 18, 2023 at 10:36:07 AM UTC+10, Court_1 wrote:
    On Monday, July 17, 2023 at 8:15:01 PM UTC-4, Sawfish wrote:
    Old and tired.
    Yep. Unmistakable.

--
    "When I was back there in seminary school, there was a person there who put forth the proposition that you can petition the Lord with prayer...

--Sawfish

- general sluggishness.
    I agree. I just don't really see much of that with Djokovic. I do see that he's declined physically somewhat but he's made some compensations as well.

Obviously though, Alcaraz looks like a 20 year old beast physically and yet HE cramped during the FO and Oldovic looked like the 20 year old.

The cramping was due to nerves not physicality.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From MBDunc@21:1/5 to All on Mon Jul 17 22:19:01 2023
    On Tuesday, July 18, 2023 at 3:32:26 AM UTC+3, Court_1 wrote:
    On Monday, July 17, 2023 at 7:48:33 PM UTC-4, MBDunc wrote:

Yes, those were big Djokovic losses to younger players but they were the exceptions and not the rules. Medvedev and Zverev simply aren't consistent enough to trouble Djokovic regularly.

Zverev (before his FO injury 2022 was very consistent). He has creds for "best player ever with no slam title" = 2 x YEC, Olympic Gold, tons of titles.

Meds has been super consistent since 2019 about. Alone this 2023, 5 titles + finals? Also was #1 (and had a recent shot for it).

I definitely give a lot of credit to Alcaraz and I hope he can go on and regularly humiliate Djokovic but I'll believe it when I see it. In fairness to Alcaraz, I think he's the player that can do it. But will he? Or will they split match wins?

Well, as good as Djoker is, he is not 35y anymore..... or ever ....

.mikko

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Whisper@21:1/5 to MBDunc on Tue Jul 18 21:52:50 2023
    On 18/07/2023 2:05 am, MBDunc wrote:

.mikko

I think Sinner has fooled us? Maybe he's one of those guys who peaks at
    20 and never gets better, only worse? Unusual, but possible based on
    evidence so far.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From MBDunc@21:1/5 to Whisper on Tue Jul 18 05:05:30 2023
    On Tuesday, July 18, 2023 at 2:54:26 PM UTC+3, Whisper wrote:
    On 18/07/2023 2:05 am, MBDunc wrote:

.mikko
    I think Sinner has fooled us? Maybe he's one of those guys who peaks at
    20 and never gets better, only worse? Unusual, but possible based on evidence so far.

You never know: Lendl won his 1st slam many years after he was established. It took tons of years for Murray/Wawrinka too.

.mikko

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Whisper@21:1/5 to All on Tue Jul 18 22:08:32 2023
    On 18/07/2023 9:33 am, Court_1 wrote:
    Old and tired.

Yes, exactly! Before the match Ocean and other Djokovic zealots were proclaiming that Djokovic was ageless and would win slams for the next 15 years. Now, Djokovic finally loses to the first decent younger player on the scene in ages but in a closely
    contested battle where he could have easily won if a few shots went differently and all of a sudden we hear, "Djokovic is ancient."

These coping mechanisms used by all fanbases when a favorite player loses are hysterical.

Newsflash: These goat level players are not supreme beings despite what the media may have told us over the years. It's not normal behavior to be so obsessed with a damn tennis player that you have to make up 1000 excuses when said player loses. How
    about the truth for once which is your favorite player lost on the day because another player was a bit better?

Don't worry Ocean, your beloved icon will win more slams. There are only two players currently who are the cream of the crop: Djokovic and Alcaraz. I don't think Alcaraz will make it every single time to meet Djokovic and what other >player can beat
    Djokovic? Sinner, Tsitsipas, Ruud? We've seen that movie many times before.

I agree Novak is not finished, but his age window is closing fast imo.
    Unless he's something truly exceptional and can maintain this level til
    age 40. Be great to see, but not betting on it. I give him til 2025
    AO, age 37.5, so 6 more slam chances where he should be some kind of
    factor. Carlos prob won't win all 6, so Novak better be ready to step
    in when/if he gets the chance.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Whisper@21:1/5 to Ocean Naught on Tue Jul 18 21:28:22 2023
    On 17/07/2023 11:06 pm, Ocean Naught wrote:
    Old and tired.

Same as he's looked last 3 yrs or so. Wasn't far from winning.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From *skriptis@21:1/5 to PeteWasLucky on Tue Jul 18 17:06:32 2023
    PeteWasLucky <waleed.khedr@gmail.com> Wrote in message:r
    MBDunc <michaelb@dnainternet.net> Wrote in message:r> On Tuesday, July 18, 2023 at 3:32:26AM UTC+3, Court_1 wrote:> On Monday, July 17, 2023 at 7:48:33PM UTC-4, MBDunc wrote: > > On Tuesday, July 18, 2023 at 2:33:30AM UTC+3, Court_1 wrote: > > > Now,
    Djokovic finally loses to the first decent younger player on the scene in ages but in a closely contested battle where he could have easily won if a few shots went differently and all of a sudden we hear, "Djokovic is ancient." > > > > I strongly
    disagree. Djoker lost two important matches: Meds USO 2021 and to Zverev Olympics 2021. They younger than Djoker, right?> Yes, those were big Djokovic losses to younger players but they were the exceptions and not the rules. Medvedev and Zverev simply
    aren't consistent enough to trouble Djokovic regularly.Zverev (before his FO injury 2022 was very consistent). He has creds for "best player ever with no slam title" = 2 x YEC, Olympic Gold, tons of titles.Meds has been super consistent since 2019 about.
    Alone this 2023, 5 titles + finals? Also was #1 (and had a recent shot for it).> I definitely give a lot of credit to Alcaraz and I hope he can go on and regularly humiliate Djokovic but I'll believe it when I see it. In fairness to Alcaraz, I think he's
    the player that can do it. But will he? Or will they split match wins?Well, as good as Djoker is, he is not 35y anymore..... or ever .....mikkoBecause he runs and beats every useless tennis player, Court doesn't think he is getting older and that age
    can't be an issue when he has to play a really good young player.When Sampras lost to Hewit in the US open final, I remember him saying something like he wished he had Hewitt younger legs

Djokovic beats useless players?

My, my, shall we analyze guys from peak Federer era who were his Wimbledon opponents when he won the title?

Wimbledon, SF and F opponents

2003, Roddick, Philippoussis
    2004, Grosjean, Roddick
    2005, Hewitt, Roddick
    2006, Bjorkman, Nadal
    2007, Gasquet, Nadal
    2009, Haas, Roddick
    2012, Djokovic, Murray
    2017, Berdych, Čilić

How many of these players you find useful?

You are scared of Grosjean, Bjorkman, Gasquet, Hass on grass?

I've never heard you calling this, and objecting to Federer winning Wimbledon by beating those guys?

--

----Android NewsGroup Reader---- https://piaohong.s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/usenet/index.html

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From PeteWasLucky@21:1/5 to MBDunc on Tue Jul 18 17:46:38 2023
    MBDunc <michaelb@dnainternet.net> Wrote in message:r
    On Tuesday, July 18, 2023 at 3:32:26AM UTC+3, Court_1 wrote:> On Monday, July 17, 2023 at 7:48:33PM UTC-4, MBDunc wrote: > > On Tuesday, July 18, 2023 at 2:33:30AM UTC+3, Court_1 wrote: > > > Now, Djokovic finally loses to the first decent younger
    player on the scene in ages but in a closely contested battle where he could have easily won if a few shots went differently and all of a sudden we hear, "Djokovic is ancient." > > > > I strongly disagree. Djoker lost two important matches: Meds USO 2021
    and to Zverev Olympics 2021. They younger than Djoker, right?> Yes, those were big Djokovic losses to younger players but they were the exceptions and not the rules. Medvedev and Zverev simply aren't consistent enough to trouble Djokovic regularly.Zverev
    (before his FO injury 2022 was very consistent). He has creds for "best player ever with no slam title" = 2 x YEC, Olympic Gold, tons of titles.Meds has been super consistent since 2019 about. Alone this 2023, 5 titles + finals? Also was #1 (and had a
    recent shot for it).> I definitely give a lot of credit to Alcaraz and I hope he can go on and regularly humiliate Djokovic but I'll believe it when I see it. In fairness to Alcaraz, I think he's the player that can do it. But will he? Or will they split
    match wins?Well, as good as Djoker is, he is not 35y anymore..... or ever .....mikko

Because he runs and beats every useless tennis player, Court doesn't think he is getting older and that age can't be an issue when he has to play a really good young player.

When Sampras lost to Hewit in the US open final, I remember him saying something like he wished he had Hewitt younger legs
    --

----Android NewsGroup Reader---- https://piaohong.s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/usenet/index.html

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Gracchus@21:1/5 to PeteWasLucky on Tue Jul 18 08:05:46 2023
    On Tuesday, July 18, 2023 at 7:46:44 AM UTC-7, PeteWasLucky wrote:
    MBDunc <mich...@dnainternet.net> Wrote in message:r
    On Tuesday, July 18, 2023 at 3:32:26 AM UTC+3, Court_1 wrote:> On Monday, July 17, 2023 at 7:48:33 PM UTC-4, MBDunc wrote: > > On Tuesday, July 18, 2023 at 2:33:30 AM UTC+3, Court_1 wrote: > > > Now, Djokovic finally loses to the first decent younger
    player on the scene in ages but in a closely contested battle where he could have easily won if a few shots went differently and all of a sudden we hear, "Djokovic is ancient." > > > > I strongly disagree. Djoker lost two important matches: Meds USO 2021
    and to Zverev Olympics 2021. They younger than Djoker, right?> Yes, those were big Djokovic losses to younger players but they were the exceptions and not the rules. Medvedev and Zverev simply aren't consistent enough to trouble Djokovic regularly.Zverev
    (before his FO injury 2022 was very consistent). He has creds for "best player ever with no slam title" = 2 x YEC, Olympic Gold, tons of titles.Meds has been super consistent since 2019 about. Alone this 2023, 5 titles + finals? Also was #1 (and had a
    recent shot for it).> I definitely give a lot of credit to Alcaraz and I hope he can go on and regularly humiliate Djokovic but I'll believe it when I see it. In fairness to Alcaraz, I think he's the player that can do it. But will he? Or will they split
    match wins?Well, as good as Djoker is, he is not 35y anymore..... or ever .....mikko

Because he runs and beats every useless tennis player, Court doesn't think he is getting older and that age can't be an issue when he has to play a really good young player.

When Sampras lost to Hewit in the US open final, I remember him saying something like he wished he had Hewitt younger legs

Because One-Dollar Pete was a geezer of 30 at the time? He should have just said, "I wish he hadn't run me ragged today."

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From PeteWasLucky@21:1/5 to skriptis@post.t-com.hr on Tue Jul 18 18:36:01 2023
    *skriptis <skriptis@post.t-com.hr> Wrote in message:r
    PeteWasLucky <waleed.khedr@gmail.com> Wrote in message:r> MBDunc <michaelb@dnainternet.net> Wrote in message:r> On Tuesday, July 18, 2023 at 3:32:26AM UTC+3, Court_1 wrote:> On Monday, July 17, 2023 at 7:48:33PM UTC-4, MBDunc wrote: > > On Tuesday,
    July 18, 2023 at 2:33:30AM UTC+3, Court_1 wrote: > > > Now, Djokovic finally loses to the first decent younger player on the scene in ages but in a closely contested battle where he could have easily won if a few shots went differently and all of a
    sudden we hear, "Djokovic is ancient." > > > > I strongly disagree. Djoker lost two important matches: Meds USO 2021 and to Zverev Olympics 2021. They younger than Djoker, right?> Yes, those were big Djokovic losses to younger players but they were the
    exceptions and not the rules. Medvedev and Zverev simply aren't consistent enough to trouble Djokovic regularly.Zverev (before his FO injury 2022 was very consistent). He has creds for "best player ever with no slam title" = 2 x YEC, Olympic Gold, tons
    of titles.Meds has been super consistent since 2019 about. Alone this 2023, 5 titles + finals? Also was #1 (and had a recent shot for it).> I definitely give a lot of credit to Alcaraz and I hope he can go on and regularly humiliate Djokovic but I'll
    believe it when I see it. In fairness to Alcaraz, I think he's the player that can do it. But will he? Or will they split match wins?Well, as good as Djoker is, he is not 35y anymore..... or ever .....mikkoBecause he runs and beats every useless tennis
    player, Court doesn't think he is getting older and that age can't be an issue when he has to play a really good young player.When Sampras lost to Hewit in the US open final, I remember him saying something like he wished he had Hewitt younger
    legsDjokovic beats useless players?My, my, shall we analyze guys from peak Federer era who were his Wimbledon opponents when he won the title?Wimbledon, SF and F opponents 2003, Roddick, Philippoussis2004, Grosjean, Roddick2005, Hewitt, Roddick2006,
    Bjorkman, Nadal2007, Gasquet, Nadal2009, Haas, Roddick2012, Djokovic, Murray2017, Berdych, iliHow many of these players you find useful?You are scared of Grosjean, Bjorkman, Gasquet, Hass on grass?I've never heard you calling this, and objecting to
    Federer winning Wimbledon by beating those guys?-- ----Android NewsGroup Reader----https://piaohong.s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/usenet/index.html

Don't get sensitive, any of these players were better than the likes of Sinner and the other tall Italian pizza guy and that shapavolov ADHD guy.

But this isn't my point, the point is, when you are a very good tennis player you can beat younger less talented players, but once you have to face a person with the same skills and/or talent but younger than you, then youth becomes a big factor in
    deciding the outcome.

If both players manage to play each other more the next few years, this will become more obvious.
    --

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From *skriptis@21:1/5 to PeteWasLucky on Tue Jul 18 17:57:15 2023
    *skriptis <skriptis@post.t-com.hr> Wrote in message:r> PeteWasLucky <waleed.khedr@gmail.com> Wrote in message:r> MBDunc <michaelb@dnainternet.net> Wrote in message:r> On Tuesday, July 18, 2023 at 3:32:26AM UTC+3, Court_1 wrote:> On Monday, July 17,
    2023 at 7:48:33PM UTC-4, MBDunc wrote: > > On Tuesday, July 18, 2023 at 2:33:30AM UTC+3, Court_1 wrote: > > > Now, Djokovic finally loses to the first decent younger player on the scene in ages but in a closely contested battle where he could have
    easily won if a few shots went differently and all of a sudden we hear, "Djokovic is ancient." > > > > I strongly disagree. Djoker lost two important matches: Meds USO 2021 and to Zverev Olympics 2021. They younger than Djoker, right?> Yes, those were
    big Djokovic losses to younger players but they were the exceptions and not the rules. Medvedev and Zverev simply aren't consistent enough to trouble Djokovic regularly.Zverev (before his FO injury 2022 was very consistent). He has creds for "best player
    ever with no slam title" = 2 x YEC, Olympic Gold, tons of titles.Meds has been super consistent since 2019 about. Alone this 2023, 5 titles + finals? Also was #1 (and had a recent shot for it).> I definitely give a lot of credit to Alcaraz and I hope he
    can go on and regularly humiliate Djokovic but I'll believe it when I see it. In fairness to Alcaraz, I think he's the player that can do it. But will he? Or will they split match wins?Well, as good as Djoker is, he is not 35y anymore..... or ever .....
    mikkoBecause he runs and beats every useless tennis player, Court doesn't think he is getting older and that age can't be an issue when he has to play a really good young player.When Sampras lost to Hewit in the US open final, I remember him saying
    something like he wished he had Hewitt younger legsDjokovic beats useless players?My, my, shall we analyze guys from peak Federer era who were his Wimbledon opponents when he won the title?Wimbledon, SF and F opponents 2003, Roddick, Philippoussis2004,
    Grosjean, Roddick2005, Hewitt, Roddick2006, Bjorkman, Nadal2007, Gasquet, Nadal2009, Haas, Roddick2012, Djokovic, Murray2017, Berdych, iliHow many of these players you find useful?You are scared of Grosjean, Bjorkman, Gasquet, Hass on grass?I've never
    heard you calling this, and objecting to Federer winning Wimbledon by beating those guys?-- ----Android NewsGroup Reader----https://piaohong.s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/usenet/index.htmlDon't get sensitive, any of these players were better than the likes
    of Sinner and the other tall Italian pizza guy and that shapavolov ADHD guy.But this isn't my point, the point is, when you are a very good tennis player you can beat younger less talented players, but once you have to face a person with the same skills
    and/or talent but younger than you, then youth becomes a big factor in deciding the outcome.If both players manage to play each other more the next few years, this will become more obvious.-- ----Android NewsGroup Reader----https://piaohong.s3-us-west-2.
    amazonaws.com/usenet/index.html

Dude, no matter how huge of a fedfucker you are, Grosjean is not better than Sinner.

Nobody will buy it.

As for this, while I'd like to use age as an excuse, it's perfect excuse, and age surely contributed to the final result in some way, but the truth is, Alcaraz is better at windy conditions and wind was the deal breaker.

Alcaraz won 168 pts to Djokovic 166.

Wind fucked at least 5% of Djokovic's game more than it fucked Alcaraz. Flip around 5% and see what you get, and that's 174 to 160 for Djokovic in pts?

With 14 pts difference, even though Alcaraz might still win the match with fewer pts won (as it happened in 2019) you wouldn't bet on it, that's an anomaly, and unlikely, usually if you win 14 pts less, winning the match becomes increasingly more
    difficult and less likely.

--

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Sawfish@21:1/5 to All on Tue Jul 18 09:02:06 2023
    T24gNy8xOC8yMyA4OjM2IEFNLCBQZXRlV2FzTHVja3kgd3JvdGU6DQo+ICpza3JpcHRpcyA8 c2tyaXB0aXNAcG9zdC50LWNvbS5ocj4gV3JvdGUgaW4gbWVzc2FnZTpyDQo+PiBQZXRlV2Fz THVja3kgPHdhbGVlZC5raGVkckBnbWFpbC5jb20+IFdyb3RlIGluIG1lc3NhZ2U6cj4gTUJE dW5jIDxtaWNoYWVsYkBkbmFpbnRlcm5ldC5uZXQ+IFdyb3RlIGluIG1lc3NhZ2U6cj4gT24g VHVlc2RheSwgSnVseSAxOCwgMjAyMyBhdCAzOjMyOjI2GkFNIFVUQyszLCBDb3VydF8xIHdy b3RlOj4gT24gTW9uZGF5LCBKdWx5IDE3LCAyMDIzIGF0IDc6NDg6MzMaUE0gVVRDLTQsIE1C RHVuYyB3cm90ZTogPiA+IE9uIFR1ZXNkYXksIEp1bHkgMTgsIDIwMjMgYXQgMjozMzozMBpB TSBVVEMrMywgQ291cnRfMSB3cm90ZTogPiA+ID4gTm93LCBEam9rb3ZpYyBmaW5hbGx5IGxv c2VzIHRvIHRoZSBmaXJzdCBkZWNlbnQgeW91bmdlciBwbGF5ZXIgb24gdGhlIHNjZW5lIGlu IGFnZXMgYnV0IGluIGEgY2xvc2VseSBjb250ZXN0ZWQgYmF0dGxlIHdoZXJlIGhlIGNvdWxk IGhhdmUgZWFzaWx5IHdvbiBpZiBhIGZldyBzaG90cyB3ZW50IGRpZmZlcmVudGx5IGFuZCBh bGwgb2YgYSBzdWRkZW4gd2UgaGVhciwgIkRqb2tvdmljIGlzIGFuY2llbnQuIiA+ID4gPiA+ IEkgc3Ryb25nbHkgZGlzYWdyZWUuIERqb2tlciBsb3N0IHR3byBpbXBvcnRhbnQgbWF0Y2hl czogTWVkcyBVU08gMjAyMSBhbmQgdG8gWnZlcmV2IE9seW1waWNzIDIwMjEuIFRoZXkgeW91 bmdlciB0aGFuIERqb2tlciwgcmlnaHQ/PiBZZXMsIHRob3NlIHdlcmUgYmlnIERqb2tvdmlj IGxvc3NlcyB0byB5b3VuZ2VyIHBsYXllcnMgYnV0IHRoZXkgd2VyZSB0aGUgZXhjZXB0aW9u cyBhbmQgbm90IHRoZSBydWxlcy4gTWVkdmVkZXYgYW5kIFp2ZXJldiBzaW1wbHkgYXJlbid0 IGNvbnNpc3RlbnQgZW5vdWdoIHRvIHRyb3VibGUgRGpva292aWMgcmVndWxhcmx5Llp2ZXJl diAoYmVmb3JlIGhpcyBGTyBpbmp1cnkgMjAyMiB3YXMgdmVyeSBjb25zaXN0ZW50KS4gSGUg aGFzIGNyZWRzIGZvciAiYmVzdCBwbGF5ZXIgZXZlciB3aXRoIG5vIHNsYW0gdGl0bGUiID0g MiB4IFlFQywgT2x5bXBpYyBHb2xkLCB0b25zIG9mIHRpdGxlcy5NZWRzIGhhcyBiZWVuIHN1 cGVyIGNvbnNpc3RlbnQgc2luY2UgMjAxOSBhYm91dC4gQWxvbmUgdGhpcyAyMDIzLCA1IHRp dGxlcyArIGZpbmFscz8gQWxzbyB3YXMgIzEgKGFuZCBoYWQgYSByZWNlbnQgc2hvdCBmb3Ig aXQpLj4gSSBkZWZpbml0ZWx5IGdpdmUgYSBsb3Qgb2YgY3JlZGl0IHRvIEFsY2FyYXogYW5k IEkgaG9wZSBoZSBjYW4gZ28gb24gYW5kIHJlZ3VsYXJseSBodW1pbGlhdGUgRGpva292aWMg YnV0IEknbGwgYmVsaWV2ZSBpdCB3aGVuIEkgc2VlIGl0LiBJbiBmYWlybmVzcyB0byBBbGNh cmF6LCBJIHRoaW5rIGhlJ3MgdGhlIHBsYXllciB0aGF0IGNhbiBkbyBpdC4gQnV0IHdpbGwg aGU/IE9yIHdpbGwgdGhleSBzcGxpdCBtYXRjaCB3aW5zP1dlbGwsIGFzIGdvb2QgYXMgRGpv a2VyIGlzLCBoZSBpcyBub3QgMzV5IGFueW1vcmUuLi4uLiAgb3IgZXZlciAuLi4uLm1pa2tv QmVjYXVzZSBoZSBydW5zIGFuZCBiZWF0cyBldmVyeSB1c2VsZXNzIHRlbm5pcyBwbGF5ZXIs IENvdXJ0IGRvZXNuJ3QgdGhpbmsgaGUgaXMgZ2V0dGluZyBvbGRlciBhbmQgdGhhdCBhZ2Ug Y2FuJ3QgYmUgYW4gaXNzdWUgd2hlbiBoZSBoYXMgdG8gcGxheSBhIHJlYWxseSBnb29kIHlv dW5nIHBsYXllci5XaGVuIFNhbXByYXMgbG9zdCB0byBIZXdpdCBpbiB0aGUgVVMgb3BlbiBm aW5hbCwgSSByZW1lbWJlciBoaW0gc2F5aW5nIHNvbWV0aGluZyBsaWtlIGhlIHdpc2hlZCBo ZSBoYWQgSGV3aXR0IHlvdW5nZXIgbGVnc0Rqb2tvdmljIGJlYXRzIHVzZWxlc3MgcGxheWVy cz9NeSwgbXksIHNoYWxsIHdlIGFuYWx5emUgZ3V5cyBmcm9tIHBlYWsgRmVkZXJlciBlcmEg d2hvIHdlcmUgaGlzIFdpbWJsZWRvbiBvcHBvbmVudHMgd2hlbiBoZSB3b24gdGhlIHRpdGxl P1dpbWJsZWRvbiwgU0YgYW5kIEYgb3Bwb25lbnRzIDIwMDMsIFJvZGRpY2ssIFBoaWxpcHBv dXNzaXMyMDA0LCBHcm9zamVhbiwgUm9kZGljazIwMDUsIEhld2l0dCwgUm9kZGljazIwMDYs IEJqb3JrbWFuLCBOYWRhbDIwMDcsIEdhc3F1ZXQsIE5hZGFsMjAwOSwgSGFhcywgUm9kZGlj azIwMTIsIERqb2tvdmljLCBNdXJyYXkyMDE3LCBCZXJkeWNoLCAaaWxpGkhvdyBtYW55IG9m IHRoZXNlIHBsYXllcnMgeW91IGZpbmQgdXNlZnVsP1lvdSBhcmUgc2NhcmVkIG9mIEdyb3Nq ZWFuLCBCam9ya21hbiwgR2FzcXVldCwgSGFzcyBvbiBncmFzcz9JJ3ZlIG5ldmVyIGhlYXJk IHlvdSBjYWxsaW5nIHRoaXMsIGFuZCBvYmplY3RpbmcgdG8gRmVkZXJlciB3aW5uaW5nIFdp bWJsZWRvbiBieSBiZWF0aW5nIHRob3NlIGd1eXM/LS0gLS0tLUFuZHJvaWQgTmV3c0dyb3Vw IFJlYWRlci0tLS1odHRwczovL3BpYW9ob25nLnMzLXVzLXdlc3QtMi5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29t L3VzZW5ldC9pbmRleC5odG1sDQo+IERvbid0IGdldCBzZW5zaXRpdmUsIGFueSBvZiB0aGVz ZSBwbGF5ZXJzIHdlcmUgYmV0dGVyIHRoYW4gdGhlIGxpa2VzIG9mIFNpbm5lciBhbmQgdGhl IG90aGVyIHRhbGwgSXRhbGlhbiBwaXp6YSBndXkgYW5kIHRoYXQgc2hhcGF2b2xvdiBBREhE IGd1eS4NCj4NCj4gQnV0IHRoaXMgaXNuJ3QgbXkgcG9pbnQsIHRoZSBwb2ludCBpcywgd2hl biB5b3UgYXJlIGEgdmVyeSBnb29kIHRlbm5pcyBwbGF5ZXIgeW91IGNhbiBiZWF0IHlvdW5n ZXIgbGVzcyB0YWxlbnRlZCBwbGF5ZXJzLCBidXQgb25jZSB5b3UgaGF2ZSB0byBmYWNlIGEg cGVyc29uIHdpdGggdGhlIHNhbWUgc2tpbGxzIGFuZC9vciB0YWxlbnQgYnV0IHlvdW5nZXIg dGhhbiB5b3UsIHRoZW4geW91dGggYmVjb21lcyBhIGJpZyBmYWN0b3IgaW4gZGVjaWRpbmcg dGhlIG91dGNvbWUuDQoNClRoaXMgc2VlbXMgY29tcGxldGVseSBvYnZpb3VzIHRvIG1lLiBG b3IgYW55IGdpdmVuIHBvaW50IHRoZSB5b3VuZ2VyIA0KcGxheWVyIHdpbGwgaGF2ZSBhIHBo eXNpY2FsIGVkZ2UsIGFuZCB0aGlzIGluY3JlYXNlcyBkdXJpbmcgdGhlIGNvdXJzZSANCm9m IHRoZSBtYXRjaCwgb2Z0ZW4uDQoNCk5vdywgd2hldGhlciB0aGUgeW91bmdlciBwbGF5ZXIg Y2FuIGNhcGl0YWxpemUgb24gdGhpcyBhZHZhbnRhZ2UgaXMgd2hhdCANCnNlcGFyYXRlcyBB bGNhcmF6IGZyb20gWnZlcmV2Lg0KDQo+DQo+IElmIGJvdGggcGxheWVycyBtYW5hZ2UgdG8g cGxheSBlYWNoIG90aGVyIG1vcmUgdGhlIG5leHQgZmV3IHllYXJzLCB0aGlzIHdpbGwgYmVj b21lIG1vcmUgb2J2aW91cy4NCg0KDQotLSANCn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+ fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fg0KIklm IHdlIHVzZSBPY2NhbSdzIFJhem9yLCB3aG9zZSByYXpvciB3aWxsICpoZSogdXNlPyIgIC0t U2F3ZmlzaA0Kfn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+ fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+DQoNCg==

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From TT@21:1/5 to All on Tue Jul 18 23:13:38 2023
    KnNrcmlwdGlzIGtpcmpvaXR0aSAxOC43LjIwMjMga2xvIDE4LjU3Og0KPiBQZXRlV2FzTHVj a3kgPHdhbGVlZC5raGVkckBnbWFpbC5jb20+IFdyb3RlIGluIG1lc3NhZ2U6cg0KPj4gKnNr cmlwdGlzIDxza3JpcHRpc0Bwb3N0LnQtY29tLmhyPiBXcm90ZSBpbiBtZXNzYWdlOnI+IFBl dGVXYXNMdWNreSA8d2FsZWVkLmtoZWRyQGdtYWlsLmNvbT4gV3JvdGUgaW4gbWVzc2FnZTpy PiBNQkR1bmMgPG1pY2hhZWxiQGRuYWludGVybmV0Lm5ldD4gV3JvdGUgaW4gbWVzc2FnZTpy PiBPbiBUdWVzZGF5LCBKdWx5IDE4LCAyMDIzIGF0IDM6MzI6MjYaQU0gVVRDKzMsIENvdXJ0 XzEgd3JvdGU6PiBPbiBNb25kYXksIEp1bHkgMTcsIDIwMjMgYXQgNzo0ODozMxpQTSBVVEMt NCwgTUJEdW5jIHdyb3RlOiA+ID4gT24gVHVlc2RheSwgSnVseSAxOCwgMjAyMyBhdCAyOjMz OjMwGkFNIFVUQyszLCBDb3VydF8xIHdyb3RlOiA+ID4gPiBOb3csIERqb2tvdmljIGZpbmFs bHkgbG9zZXMgdG8gdGhlIGZpcnN0IGRlY2VudCB5b3VuZ2VyIHBsYXllciBvbiB0aGUgc2Nl bmUgaW4gYWdlcyBidXQgaW4gYSBjbG9zZWx5IGNvbnRlc3RlZCBiYXR0bGUgd2hlcmUgaGUg Y291bGQgaGF2ZSBlYXNpbHkgd29uIGlmIGEgZmV3IHNob3RzIHdlbnQgZGlmZmVyZW50bHkg YW5kIGFsbCBvZiBhIHN1ZGRlbiB3ZSBoZWFyLCAiRGpva292aWMgaXMgYW5jaWVudC4iID4g PiA+ID4gSSBzdHJvbmdseSBkaXNhZ3JlZS4gRGpva2VyIGxvc3QgdHdvIGltcG9ydGFudCBt YXRjaGVzOiBNZWRzIFVTTyAyMDIxIGFuZCB0byBadmVyZXYgT2x5bXBpY3MgMjAyMS4gVGhl eSB5b3VuZ2VyIHRoYW4gRGpva2VyLCByaWdodD8+IFllcywgdGhvc2Ugd2VyZSBiaWcgRGpv a292aWMgbG9zc2VzIHRvIHlvdW5nZXIgcGxheWVycyBidXQgdGhleSB3ZXJlIHRoZSBleGNl cHRpb25zIGFuZCBub3QgdGhlIHJ1bGVzLiBNZWR2ZWRldiBhbmQgWnZlcmV2IHNpbXBseSBh cmVuJ3QgY29uc2lzdGVudCBlbm91Z2ggdG8gdHJvdWJsZSBEam9rb3ZpYyByZWd1bGFybHku WnZlcmV2IChiZWZvcmUgaGlzIEZPIGluanVyeSAyMDIyIHdhcyB2ZXJ5IGNvbnNpc3RlbnQp LiBIZSBoYXMgY3JlZHMgZm9yICJiZXN0IHBsYXllciBldmVyIHdpdGggbm8gc2xhbSB0aXRs ZSIgPSAyIHggWUVDLCBPbHltcGljIEdvbGQsIHRvbnMgb2YgdGl0bGVzLk1lZHMgaGFzIGJl ZW4gc3VwZXIgY29uc2lzdGVudCBzaW5jZSAyMDE5IGFib3V0LiBBbG9uZSB0aGlzIDIwMjMs IDUgdGl0bGVzICsgZmluYWxzPyBBbHNvIHdhcyAjMSAoYW5kIGhhZCBhIHJlY2VudCBzaG90 IGZvciBpdCkuPiBJIGRlZmluaXRlbHkgZ2l2ZSBhIGxvdCBvZiBjcmVkaXQgdG8gQWxjYXJh eiBhbmQgSSBob3BlIGhlIGNhbiBnbyBvbiBhbmQgcmVndWxhcmx5IGh1bWlsaWF0ZSBEam9r b3ZpYyBidXQgSSdsbCBiZWxpZXZlIGl0IHdoZW4gSSBzZWUgaXQuIEluIGZhaXJuZXNzIHRv IEFsY2FyYXosIEkgdGhpbmsgaGUncyB0aGUgcGxheWVyIHRoYXQgY2FuIGRvIGl0LiBCdXQg d2lsbCBoZT8gT3Igd2lsbCB0aGV5IHNwbGl0IG1hdGNoIHdpbnM/V2VsbCwgYXMgZ29vZCBh cyBEam9rZXIgaXMsIGhlIGlzIG5vdCAzNXkgYW55bW9yZS4uLi4uICBvciBldmVyIC4uLi4u bWlra29CZWNhdXNlIGhlIHJ1bnMgYW5kIGJlYXRzIGV2ZXJ5IHVzZWxlc3MgdGVubmlzIHBs YXllciwgQ291cnQgZG9lc24ndCB0aGluayBoZSBpcyBnZXR0aW5nIG9sZGVyIGFuZCB0aGF0 IGFnZSBjYW4ndCBiZSBhbiBpc3N1ZSB3aGVuIGhlIGhhcyB0byBwbGF5IGEgcmVhbGx5IGdv b2QgeW91bmcgcGxheWVyLldoZW4gU2FtcHJhcyBsb3N0IHRvIEhld2l0IGluIHRoZSBVUyBv cGVuIGZpbmFsLCBJIHJlbWVtYmVyIGhpbSBzYXlpbmcgc29tZXRoaW5nIGxpa2UgaGUgd2lz aGVkIGhlIGhhZCBIZXdpdHQgeW91bmdlciBsZWdzRGpva292aWMgYmVhdHMgdXNlbGVzcyBw bGF5ZXJzP015LCBteSwgc2hhbGwgd2UgYW5hbHl6ZSBndXlzIGZyb20gcGVhayBGZWRlcmVy IGVyYSB3aG8gd2VyZSBoaXMgV2ltYmxlZG9uIG9wcG9uZW50cyB3aGVuIGhlIHdvbiB0aGUg dGl0bGU/V2ltYmxlZG9uLCBTRiBhbmQgRiBvcHBvbmVudHMgMjAwMywgUm9kZGljaywgUGhp bGlwcG91c3NpczIwMDQsIEdyb3NqZWFuLCBSb2RkaWNrMjAwNSwgSGV3aXR0LCBSb2RkaWNr MjAwNiwgQmpvcmttYW4sIE5hZGFsMjAwNywgR2FzcXVldCwgTmFkYWwyMDA5LCBIYWFzLCBS b2RkaWNrMjAxMiwgRGpva292aWMsIE11cnJheTIwMTcsIEJlcmR5Y2gsIBppbGkaSG93IG1h bnkgb2YgdGhlc2UgcGxheWVycyB5b3UgZmluZCB1c2VmdWw/WW91IGFyZSBzY2FyZWQgb2Yg R3Jvc2plYW4sIEJqb3JrbWFuLCBHYXNxdWV0LCBIYXNzIG9uIGdyYXNzP0kndmUgbmV2ZXIg aGVhcmQgeW91IGNhbGxpbmcgdGhpcywgYW5kIG9iamVjdGluZyB0byBGZWRlcmVyIHdpbm5p bmcgV2ltYmxlZG9uIGJ5IGJlYXRpbmcgdGhvc2UgZ3V5cz8tLSAtLS0tQW5kcm9pZCBOZXdz R3JvdXAgUmVhZGVyLS0tLWh0dHBzOi8vcGlhb2hvbmcuczMtdXMtd2VzdC0yLmFtYXpvbmF3 cy5jb20vdXNlbmV0L2luZGV4Lmh0bWxEb24ndCBnZXQgc2Vuc2l0aXZlLCBhbnkgb2YgdGhl c2UgcGxheWVycyB3ZXJlIGJldHRlciB0aGFuIHRoZSBsaWtlcyBvZiBTaW5uZXIgYW5kIHRo ZSBvdGhlciB0YWxsIEl0YWxpYW4gcGl6emEgZ3V5IGFuZCB0aGF0IHNoYXBhdm9sb3YgQURI RCBndXkuQnV0IHRoaXMgaXNuJ3QgbXkgcG9pbnQsIHRoZSBwb2ludCBpcywgd2hlbiB5b3Ug YXJlIGEgdmVyeSBnb29kIHRlbm5pcyBwbGF5ZXIgeW91IGNhbiBiZWF0IHlvdW5nZXIgbGVz cyB0YWxlbnRlZCBwbGF5ZXJzLCBidXQgb25jZSB5b3UgaGF2ZSB0byBmYWNlIGEgcGVyc29u IHdpdGggdGhlIHNhbWUgc2tpbGxzIGFuZC9vciB0YWxlbnQgYnV0IHlvdW5nZXIgdGhhbiB5 b3UsIHRoZW4geW91dGggYmVjb21lcyBhIGJpZyBmYWN0b3IgaW4gZGVjaWRpbmcgdGhlIG91 dGNvbWUuSWYgYm90aCBwbGF5ZXJzIG1hbmFnZSB0byBwbGF5IGVhY2ggb3RoZXIgbW9yZSB0 aGUgbmV4dCBmZXcgeWVhcnMsIHRoaXMgd2lsbCBiZWNvbWUgbW9yZSBvYnZpb3VzLi0tIC0t LS1BbmRyb2lkIE5ld3NHcm91cCBSZWFkZXItLS0taHR0cHM6Ly9waWFvaG9uZy5zMy11cy13 ZXN0LTIuYW1hem9uYXdzLmNvbS91c2VuZXQvaW5kZXguaHRtbA0KPiANCj4gDQo+IA0KPiBE dWRlLCBubyBtYXR0ZXIgaG93IGh1Z2Ugb2YgYSBmZWRmdWNrZXIgeW91IGFyZSwgR3Jvc2pl YW4gaXMgbm90IGJldHRlciB0aGFuIFNpbm5lci4NCj4gDQo+IE5vYm9keSB3aWxsIGJ1eSBp dC4NCj4gDQo+IA0KPiANCj4gDQo+IEFzIGZvciB0aGlzLCB3aGlsZSBJJ2QgbGlrZSB0byB1 c2UgYWdlIGFzIGFuIGV4Y3VzZSwgaXQncyBwZXJmZWN0IGV4Y3VzZSwgYW5kIGFnZSBzdXJl bHkgY29udHJpYnV0ZWQgdG8gdGhlIGZpbmFsIHJlc3VsdCBpbiBzb21lIHdheSwgYnV0IHRo ZSB0cnV0aCBpcywgQWxjYXJheiBpcyBiZXR0ZXIgYXQgd2luZHkgY29uZGl0aW9ucyBhbmQg d2luZCB3YXMgdGhlIGRlYWwgYnJlYWtlci4NCj4gDQo+IEFsY2FyYXogd29uIDE2OCBwdHMg dG8gRGpva292aWMgMTY2Lg0KPiANCj4gV2luZCBmdWNrZWQgYXQgbGVhc3QgNSUgb2YgRGpv a292aWMncyBnYW1lIG1vcmUgdGhhbiBpdCBmdWNrZWQgQWxjYXJhei4gRmxpcCBhcm91bmQg NSUgYW5kIHNlZSB3aGF0IHlvdSBnZXQsIGFuZCB0aGF0J3MgMTc0IHRvIDE2MCBmb3IgRGpv a292aWMgaW4gcHRzPw0KPiANCj4gV2l0aCAxNCBwdHMgZGlmZmVyZW5jZSwgZXZlbiB0aG91 Z2ggQWxjYXJheiBtaWdodCBzdGlsbCB3aW4gdGhlIG1hdGNoIHdpdGggZmV3ZXIgcHRzIHdv biAoYXMgaXQgaGFwcGVuZWQgaW4gMjAxOSkgeW91IHdvdWxkbid0IGJldCBvbiBpdCwgdGhh dCdzIGFuIGFub21hbHksIGFuZCB1bmxpa2VseSwgdXN1YWxseSBpZiB5b3Ugd2luIDE0IHB0 cyBsZXNzLCB3aW5uaW5nIHRoZSBtYXRjaCBiZWNvbWVzIGluY3JlYXNpbmdseSBtb3JlIGRp ZmZpY3VsdCBhbmQgbGVzcyBsaWtlbHkuDQo+IA0KDQpEam9rb3ZpYyBkaWRuJ3QgbG9zZSBi ZWNhdXNlIG9mIHdpbmQuDQoNCkhlIGhhZCBoaXMgY2hhbmNlcyB0byB3aW4gMm5kIHNldCBU QiBidXQgZ290IHRpZ2h0IGV0Yy4uLg0K

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From TT@21:1/5 to All on Tue Jul 18 23:16:33 2023
    Whisper kirjoitti 18.7.2023 klo 15.08:
    On 18/07/2023 9:33 am, Court_1 wrote:
    Old and tired.

yes taking the world #1 the best 20 year old we've seen in 20 years
    to 5 sets, breaking him after a 22 shot rally + being(to credit
    Pelle)"one drive volley away from the match", yeah really made Djoker
    look ancient!

Yes, exactly! Before the match Ocean and other Djokovic zealots were
    proclaiming that Djokovic was ageless and would win slams for the next
    15 years. Now, Djokovic finally loses to the first decent younger
    player on the scene in ages but in a closely contested battle where he
    could have easily won if a few shots went differently and all of a
    sudden we hear, "Djokovic is ancient."

These coping mechanisms used by all fanbases when a favorite player
    loses are hysterical.

Newsflash:  These goat level players are not supreme beings despite
    what the media may have told us over the years. It's not normal
    behavior to be so obsessed with a damn tennis player that you have to
    make up 1000 excuses when said player loses. How about the truth for
    once which is your favorite player lost on the day because another
    player was a bit better?

Don't worry Ocean, your beloved icon will win more slams. There are
    only two players currently who are the cream of the crop:  Djokovic
    and Alcaraz. I don't think Alcaraz will make it every single time to
    meet Djokovic and what other >player can beat Djokovic? Sinner,
    Tsitsipas, Ruud?   We've seen that movie many times before.

Unless he's something truly exceptional and can maintain this level til
    age 40.  Be great to see, but not betting on it.  I give him til 2025
    AO, age 37.5, so 6 more slam chances where he should be some kind of factor.  Carlos prob won't win all 6, so Novak better be ready to step
    in when/if he gets the chance.

It's far from given that Alkie will make all slam finals from now on.

Also, Djokovic will again be the more fit player after his year-end egg treatment and gluten-free diet..

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From *skriptis@21:1/5 to TT@dprk.kp on Tue Jul 18 22:42:03 2023
    TT <TT@dprk.kp> Wrote in message:r
    *skriptis kirjoitti 18.7.2023 klo 18.57:> PeteWasLucky <waleed.khedr@gmail.com> Wrote in message:r>> *skriptis <skriptis@post.t-com.hr> Wrote in message:r> PeteWasLucky <waleed.khedr@gmail.com> Wrote in message:r> MBDunc <michaelb@dnainternet.net>
    Wrote in message:r> On Tuesday, July 18, 2023 at 3:32:26AM UTC+3, Court_1 wrote:> On Monday, July 17, 2023 at 7:48:33PM UTC-4, MBDunc wrote: > > On Tuesday, July 18, 2023 at 2:33:30AM UTC+3, Court_1 wrote: > > > Now, Djokovic finally loses to the
    first decent younger player on the scene in ages but in a closely contested battle where he could have easily won if a few shots went differently and all of a sudden we hear, "Djokovic is ancient." > > > > I strongly disagree. Djoker lost two important
    matches: Meds USO 2021 and to Zverev Olympics 2021. They younger than Djoker, right?> Yes, those were big Djokovic losses to younger players but they were the exceptions and not the rules. Medvedev and Zverev simply aren't consistent enough to trouble
    Djokovic regularly.Zverev (before his FO injury 2022 was very consistent). He has creds for "best player ever with no slam title" = 2 x YEC, Olympic Gold, tons of titles.Meds has been super consistent since 2019 about. Alone this 2023, 5 titles + finals?
    Also was #1 (and had a recent shot for it).> I definitely give a lot of credit to Alcaraz and I hope he can go on and regularly humiliate Djokovic but I'll believe it when I see it. In fairness to Alcaraz, I think he's the player that can do it. But will
    he? Or will they split match wins?Well, as good as Djoker is, he is not 35y anymore..... or ever .....mikkoBecause he runs and beats every useless tennis player, Court doesn't think he is getting older and that age can't be an issue when he has to play
    a really good young player.When Sampras lost to Hewit in the US open final, I remember him saying something like he wished he had Hewitt younger legsDjokovic beats useless players?My, my, shall we analyze guys from peak Federer era who were his Wimbledon
    opponents when he won the title?Wimbledon, SF and F opponents 2003, Roddick, Philippoussis2004, Grosjean, Roddick2005, Hewitt, Roddick2006, Bjorkman, Nadal2007, Gasquet, Nadal2009, Haas, Roddick2012, Djokovic, Murray2017, Berdych, iliHow many of these
    players you find useful?You are scared of Grosjean, Bjorkman, Gasquet, Hass on grass?I've never heard you calling this, and objecting to Federer winning Wimbledon by beating those guys?-- ----Android NewsGroup Reader----https://piaohong.s3-us-west-2.
    amazonaws.com/usenet/index.htmlDon't get sensitive, any of these players were better than the likes of Sinner and the other tall Italian pizza guy and that shapavolov ADHD guy.But this isn't my point, the point is, when you are a very good tennis player
    you can beat younger less talented players, but once you have to face a person with the same skills and/or talent but younger than you, then youth becomes a big factor in deciding the outcome.If both players manage to play each other more the next few
    years, this will become more obvious.-- ----Android NewsGroup Reader----https://piaohong.s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/usenet/index.html> > > > Dude, no matter how huge of a fedfucker you are, Grosjean is not better than Sinner.> > Nobody will buy it.> > > >
    As for this, while I'd like to use age as an excuse, it's perfect excuse, and age surely contributed to the final result in some way, but the truth is, Alcaraz is better at windy conditions and wind was the deal breaker.> > Alcaraz won 168 pts to
    Djokovic 166.> > Wind fucked at least 5% of Djokovic's game more than it fucked Alcaraz. Flip around 5% and see what you get, and that's 174 to 160 for Djokovic in pts?> > With 14 pts difference, even though Alcaraz might still win the match with fewer
    pts won (as it happened in 2019) you wouldn't bet on it, that's an anomaly, and unlikely, usually if you win 14 pts less, winning the match becomes increasingly more difficult and less likely.> Djokovic didn't lose because of wind.He had his chances to
    win 2nd set TB but got tight etc...

We can do this ad nauaeam...

Losing to wind is actually a detriment to his stature, it's the opposite from excuse. It's a bad thing that he's so susceptible to it.

But it is who he is and it is what happened. He couldn't play his game to perfection and against a 20-year old upcoming boat/goat you need your best.

His timing and precision are crucial for such occasions as set 2 tiebreak. He can't do it in windy conditions he has to compromise either in power or length and so on and mistakes or misshits creep in.

If there was no wind, they wouldn't have been in set 5, that's near certain, it would have been all over in 3 or 4.

Later on they were kinda even and wind subsided a bit, Djokovic was ok but Alcaraz had this youthful energy all over the place and was more energetic, but imo it's not age that much that won him the match, it's the style.

He's the true attacker in his soul, like Sampras, and unlike Federer.

For Djokovic, it's a shame as he kinda got the taste of Federer's 2008, but in reality he should have gotten Federer's 2007. One last win against younger boat.

Alcaraz "is not yet there" to have beaten Djokovic on grass. Maybe he's not in indoors as well. He is definitely there on clay and hardcourt, but not on grass.

Then again, Djokovic kinda stole FO from him and now it was the reverse. It's ok.

Djokovic split many slams and matches with great players such as Nadal and Federer, he's older now and if he wins one third of matches against Alcaraz in the next year or two, I'm pleased.

--

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Tuan@21:1/5 to All on Tue Jul 18 16:14:24 2023
    On Wednesday, July 19, 2023 at 6:42:03 AM UTC+10, *skriptis wrote:
    TT <T...@dprk.kp> Wrote in message:r
    *skriptis kirjoitti 18.7.2023 klo 18.57:> PeteWasLucky <waleed...@gmail.com> Wrote in message:r>> *skriptis <skri...@post.t-com.hr> Wrote in message:r> PeteWasLucky <waleed...@gmail.com> Wrote in message:r> MBDunc <mich...@dnainternet.net> Wrote in
    message:r> On Tuesday, July 18, 2023 at 3:32:26 AM UTC+3, Court_1 wrote:> On Monday, July 17, 2023 at 7:48:33 PM UTC-4, MBDunc wrote: > > On Tuesday, July 18, 2023 at 2:33:30 AM UTC+3, Court_1 wrote: > > > Now, Djokovic finally loses to the first decent
    younger player on the scene in ages but in a closely contested battle where he could have easily won if a few shots went differently and all of a sudden we hear, "Djokovic is ancient." > > > > I strongly disagree. Djoker lost two important matches: Meds
    USO 2021 and to Zverev Olympics 2021. They younger than Djoker, right?> Yes, those were big Djokovic losses to younger players but they were the exceptions and not the rules. Medvedev and Zverev simply aren't consistent enough to trouble Djokovic
    regularly.Zverev (before his FO injury 2022 was very consistent). He has creds for "best player ever with no slam title" = 2 x YEC, Olympic Gold, tons of titles.Meds has been super consistent since 2019 about. Alone this 2023, 5 titles + finals? Also was
    #1 (and had a recent shot for it).> I definitely give a lot of credit to Alcaraz and I hope he can go on and regularly humiliate Djokovic but I'll believe it when I see it. In fairness to Alcaraz, I think he's the player that can do it. But will he? Or
    will they split match wins?Well, as good as Djoker is, he is not 35y anymore..... or ever .....mikkoBecause he runs and beats every useless tennis player, Court doesn't think he is getting older and that age can't be an issue when he has to play a really
    good young player.When Sampras lost to Hewit in the US open final, I remember him saying something like he wished he had Hewitt younger legsDjokovic beats useless players?My, my, shall we analyze guys from peak Federer era who were his Wimbledon
    opponents when he won the title?Wimbledon, SF and F opponents 2003, Roddick, Philippoussis2004, Grosjean, Roddick2005, Hewitt, Roddick2006, Bjorkman, Nadal2007, Gasquet, Nadal2009, Haas, Roddick2012, Djokovic, Murray2017, Berdych, ili How many of these
    players you find useful?You are scared of Grosjean, Bjorkman, Gasquet, Hass on grass?I've never heard you calling this, and objecting to Federer winning Wimbledon by beating those guys?-- ----Android NewsGroup Reader----https://piaohong.s3-us-west-2.
    amazonaws.com/usenet/index.htmlDon't get sensitive, any of these players were better than the likes of Sinner and the other tall Italian pizza guy and that shapavolov ADHD guy.But this isn't my point, the point is, when you are a very good tennis player
    you can beat younger less talented players, but once you have to face a person with the same skills and/or talent but younger than you, then youth becomes a big factor in deciding the outcome.If both players manage to play each other more the next few
    years, this will become more obvious.-- ----Android NewsGroup Reader----https://piaohong.s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/usenet/index.html> > > > Dude, no matter how huge of a fedfucker you are, Grosjean is not better than Sinner.> > Nobody will buy it.> > > >
    As for this, while I'd like to use age as an excuse, it's perfect excuse, and age surely contributed to the final result in some way, but the truth is, Alcaraz is better at windy conditions and wind was the deal breaker.> > Alcaraz won 168 pts to
    Djokovic 166.> > Wind fucked at least 5% of Djokovic's game more than it fucked Alcaraz. Flip around 5% and see what you get, and that's 174 to 160 for Djokovic in pts?> > With 14 pts difference, even though Alcaraz might still win the match with fewer
    pts won (as it happened in 2019) you wouldn't bet on it, that's an anomaly, and unlikely, usually if you win 14 pts less, winning the match becomes increasingly more difficult and less likely.> Djokovic didn't lose because of wind.He had his chances to
    win 2nd set TB but got tight etc...

We can do this ad nauaeam...

Losing to wind is actually a detriment to his stature, it's the opposite from excuse. It's a bad thing that he's so susceptible to it.

But it is who he is and it is what happened. He couldn't play his game to perfection and against a 20-year old upcoming boat/goat you need your best.

His timing and precision are crucial for such occasions as set 2 tiebreak. He can't do it in windy conditions he has to compromise either in power or length and so on and mistakes or misshits creep in.

If there was no wind, they wouldn't have been in set 5, that's near certain, it would have been all over in 3 or 4.

Later on they were kinda even and wind subsided a bit, Djokovic was ok but Alcaraz had this youthful energy all over the place and was more energetic, but imo it's not age that much that won him the match, it's the style.

He's the true attacker in his soul, like Sampras, and unlike Federer.

For Djokovic, it's a shame as he kinda got the taste of Federer's 2008, but in reality he should have gotten Federer's 2007. One last win against younger boat.

Alcaraz "is not yet there" to have beaten Djokovic on grass. Maybe he's not in indoors as well. He is definitely there on clay and hardcourt, but not on grass.

Then again, Djokovic kinda stole FO from him and now it was the reverse. It's ok.

Djokovic split many slams and matches with great players such as Nadal and Federer, he's older now and if he wins one third of matches against Alcaraz in the next year or two, I'm pleased.
    --

Djokovic didn't lose because of the wind. He lost because Alcaraz took advantage of the wind and repeatedly fed him with high floating balls, earning several cheap points.

Alcaraz didn't "steal" the match from him. In fact he gave the first set away because of residual nerves from the FO experience, otherwise he would have won in 4.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Court_1@21:1/5 to PeteWasLucky on Tue Jul 18 19:55:40 2023
    On Tuesday, July 18, 2023 at 10:46:44 AM UTC-4, PeteWasLucky wrote:
    MBDunc <mich...@dnainternet.net> Wrote in message:r
    On Tuesday, July 18, 2023 at 3:32:26 AM UTC+3, Court_1 wrote:> On Monday, July 17, 2023 at 7:48:33 PM UTC-4, MBDunc wrote: > > On Tuesday, July 18, 2023 at 2:33:30 AM UTC+3, Court_1 wrote: > > > Now, Djokovic finally loses to the first decent younger

I never said Djokovic is not getting older! I said 35 year old players in today's game are not the same as 35+ year old players of the past. First of all, in the past, most players were retired by 30 or 31.
    Of course Djokovic is older and has declined a little bit in some ways but not by a lot, that's for sure. Plus, whatever ways he has physically declined, he's made some improvements in other areas to compensate.

Alcaraz didn't thrash Djokovic in straights in the Wimbledon final! It was a closely contested match. That shows that Djokovic still has what it takes to contest for slams. He finally has a younger competitor in Alcaraz. This fact will help keep him
    motivated. The man is an animal. He's obsessed with having all the pertinent records. You can't see that? All you can see is Federer in your thoughts and dreams so you come up with a narrative to keep Federer the goat.

Djokovic is a lot fitter at 36 than Sampras was at 30. But even more importantly, Sampras' motivation was gone at 30 whereas that's clearly not the case with 36 year old Djokovic.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Whisper@21:1/5 to All on Wed Jul 19 15:10:16 2023
    T24gMTkvMDcvMjAyMyAxOjM2IGFtLCBQZXRlV2FzTHVja3kgd3JvdGU6DQo+ICpza3JpcHRp cyA8c2tyaXB0aXNAcG9zdC50LWNvbS5ocj4gV3JvdGUgaW4gbWVzc2FnZTpyDQo+PiBQZXRl V2FzTHVja3kgPHdhbGVlZC5raGVkckBnbWFpbC5jb20+IFdyb3RlIGluIG1lc3NhZ2U6cj4g TUJEdW5jIDxtaWNoYWVsYkBkbmFpbnRlcm5ldC5uZXQ+IFdyb3RlIGluIG1lc3NhZ2U6cj4g T24gVHVlc2RheSwgSnVseSAxOCwgMjAyMyBhdCAzOjMyOjI2GkFNIFVUQyszLCBDb3VydF8x IHdyb3RlOj4gT24gTW9uZGF5LCBKdWx5IDE3LCAyMDIzIGF0IDc6NDg6MzMaUE0gVVRDLTQs IE1CRHVuYyB3cm90ZTogPiA+IE9uIFR1ZXNkYXksIEp1bHkgMTgsIDIwMjMgYXQgMjozMzoz MBpBTSBVVEMrMywgQ291cnRfMSB3cm90ZTogPiA+ID4gTm93LCBEam9rb3ZpYyBmaW5hbGx5 IGxvc2VzIHRvIHRoZSBmaXJzdCBkZWNlbnQgeW91bmdlciBwbGF5ZXIgb24gdGhlIHNjZW5l IGluIGFnZXMgYnV0IGluIGEgY2xvc2VseSBjb250ZXN0ZWQgYmF0dGxlIHdoZXJlIGhlIGNv dWxkIGhhdmUgZWFzaWx5IHdvbiBpZiBhIGZldyBzaG90cyB3ZW50IGRpZmZlcmVudGx5IGFu ZCBhbGwgb2YgYSBzdWRkZW4gd2UgaGVhciwgIkRqb2tvdmljIGlzIGFuY2llbnQuIiA+ID4g PiA+IEkgc3Ryb25nbHkgZGlzYWdyZWUuIERqb2tlciBsb3N0IHR3byBpbXBvcnRhbnQgbWF0 Y2hlczogTWVkcyBVU08gMjAyMSBhbmQgdG8gWnZlcmV2IE9seW1waWNzIDIwMjEuIFRoZXkg eW91bmdlciB0aGFuIERqb2tlciwgcmlnaHQ/PiBZZXMsIHRob3NlIHdlcmUgYmlnIERqb2tv dmljIGxvc3NlcyB0byB5b3VuZ2VyIHBsYXllcnMgYnV0IHRoZXkgd2VyZSB0aGUgZXhjZXB0 aW9ucyBhbmQgbm90IHRoZSBydWxlcy4gTWVkdmVkZXYgYW5kIFp2ZXJldiBzaW1wbHkgYXJl bid0IGNvbnNpc3RlbnQgZW5vdWdoIHRvIHRyb3VibGUgRGpva292aWMgcmVndWxhcmx5Llp2 ZXJldiAoYmVmb3JlIGhpcyBGTyBpbmp1cnkgMjAyMiB3YXMgdmVyeSBjb25zaXN0ZW50KS4g SGUgaGFzIGNyZWRzIGZvciAiYmVzdCBwbGF5ZXIgZXZlciB3aXRoIG5vIHNsYW0gdGl0bGUi ID0gMiB4IFlFQywgT2x5bXBpYyBHb2xkLCB0b25zIG9mIHRpdGxlcy5NZWRzIGhhcyBiZWVu IHN1cGVyIGNvbnNpc3RlbnQgc2luY2UgMjAxOSBhYm91dC4gQWxvbmUgdGhpcyAyMDIzLCA1 IHRpdGxlcyArIGZpbmFscz8gQWxzbyB3YXMgIzEgKGFuZCBoYWQgYSByZWNlbnQgc2hvdCBm b3IgaXQpLj4gSSBkZWZpbml0ZWx5IGdpdmUgYSBsb3Qgb2YgY3JlZGl0IHRvIEFsY2FyYXog YW5kIEkgaG9wZSBoZSBjYW4gZ28gb24gYW5kIHJlZ3VsYXJseSBodW1pbGlhdGUgRGpva292 aWMgYnV0IEknbGwgYmVsaWV2ZSBpdCB3aGVuIEkgc2VlIGl0LiBJbiBmYWlybmVzcyB0byBB bGNhcmF6LCBJIHRoaW5rIGhlJ3MgdGhlIHBsYXllciB0aGF0IGNhbiBkbyBpdC4gQnV0IHdp bGwgaGU/IE9yIHdpbGwgdGhleSBzcGxpdCBtYXRjaCB3aW5zP1dlbGwsIGFzIGdvb2QgYXMg RGpva2VyIGlzLCBoZSBpcyBub3QgMzV5IGFueW1vcmUuLi4uLiAgb3IgZXZlciAuLi4uLm1p a2tvQmVjYXVzZSBoZSBydW5zIGFuZCBiZWF0cyBldmVyeSB1c2VsZXNzIHRlbm5pcyBwbGF5 ZXIsIENvdXJ0IGRvZXNuJ3QgdGhpbmsgaGUgaXMgZ2V0dGluZyBvbGRlciBhbmQgdGhhdCBh Z2UgY2FuJ3QgYmUgYW4gaXNzdWUgd2hlbiBoZSBoYXMgdG8gcGxheSBhIHJlYWxseSBnb29k IHlvdW5nIHBsYXllci5XaGVuIFNhbXByYXMgbG9zdCB0byBIZXdpdCBpbiB0aGUgVVMgb3Bl biBmaW5hbCwgSSByZW1lbWJlciBoaW0gc2F5aW5nIHNvbWV0aGluZyBsaWtlIGhlIHdpc2hl ZCBoZSBoYWQgSGV3aXR0IHlvdW5nZXIgbGVnc0Rqb2tvdmljIGJlYXRzIHVzZWxlc3MgcGxh eWVycz9NeSwgbXksIHNoYWxsIHdlIGFuYWx5emUgZ3V5cyBmcm9tIHBlYWsgRmVkZXJlciBl cmEgd2hvIHdlcmUgaGlzIFdpbWJsZWRvbiBvcHBvbmVudHMgd2hlbiBoZSB3b24gdGhlIHRp dGxlP1dpbWJsZWRvbiwgU0YgYW5kIEYgb3Bwb25lbnRzIDIwMDMsIFJvZGRpY2ssIFBoaWxp cHBvdXNzaXMyMDA0LCBHcm9zamVhbiwgUm9kZGljazIwMDUsIEhld2l0dCwgUm9kZGljazIw MDYsIEJqb3JrbWFuLCBOYWRhbDIwMDcsIEdhc3F1ZXQsIE5hZGFsMjAwOSwgSGFhcywgUm9k ZGljazIwMTIsIERqb2tvdmljLCBNdXJyYXkyMDE3LCBCZXJkeWNoLCAaaWxpGkhvdyBtYW55 IG9mIHRoZXNlIHBsYXllcnMgeW91IGZpbmQgdXNlZnVsP1lvdSBhcmUgc2NhcmVkIG9mIEdy b3NqZWFuLCBCam9ya21hbiwgR2FzcXVldCwgSGFzcyBvbiBncmFzcz9JJ3ZlIG5ldmVyIGhl YXJkIHlvdSBjYWxsaW5nIHRoaXMsIGFuZCBvYmplY3RpbmcgdG8gRmVkZXJlciB3aW5uaW5n IFdpbWJsZWRvbiBieSBiZWF0aW5nIHRob3NlIGd1eXM/LS0gLS0tLUFuZHJvaWQgTmV3c0dy b3VwIFJlYWRlci0tLS1odHRwczovL3BpYW9ob25nLnMzLXVzLXdlc3QtMi5hbWF6b25hd3Mu Y29tL3VzZW5ldC9pbmRleC5odG1sDQo+IA0KPiBEb24ndCBnZXQgc2Vuc2l0aXZlLCBhbnkg b2YgdGhlc2UgcGxheWVycyB3ZXJlIGJldHRlciB0aGFuIHRoZSBsaWtlcyBvZiBTaW5uZXIg YW5kIHRoZSBvdGhlciB0YWxsIEl0YWxpYW4gcGl6emEgZ3V5IGFuZCB0aGF0IHNoYXBhdm9s b3YgQURIRCBndXkuDQo+IA0KPiBCdXQgdGhpcyBpc24ndCBteSBwb2ludCwgdGhlIHBvaW50 IGlzLCB3aGVuIHlvdSBhcmUgYSB2ZXJ5IGdvb2QgdGVubmlzIHBsYXllciB5b3UgY2FuIGJl YXQgeW91bmdlciBsZXNzIHRhbGVudGVkIHBsYXllcnMsIGJ1dCBvbmNlIHlvdSBoYXZlIHRv IGZhY2UgYSBwZXJzb24gd2l0aCB0aGUgc2FtZSBza2lsbHMgYW5kL29yIHRhbGVudCBidXQg eW91bmdlciB0aGFuIHlvdSwgdGhlbiB5b3V0aCBiZWNvbWVzIGEgYmlnIGZhY3RvciBpbiBk ZWNpZGluZyB0aGUgb3V0Y29tZS4NCj4gDQo+IElmIGJvdGggcGxheWVycyBtYW5hZ2UgdG8g cGxheSBlYWNoIG90aGVyIG1vcmUgdGhlIG5leHQgZmV3IHllYXJzLCB0aGlzIHdpbGwgYmVj b21lIG1vcmUgb2J2aW91cy4NCg0KDQpZb3UncmUgc3RpbGwgbWFraW5nIGV4Y3VzZXMgZm9y IEZlZCBjb21pbmcgb3V0IDNyZCBiZXN0IG9mIGJpZyAzIGxvbC4gDQpLZWVwIGl0IHVwIGl0 IHJlYWxseSBpcyBhbXVzaW5nIDogKQ0K

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Whisper@21:1/5 to Sawfish on Wed Jul 19 15:35:58 2023
    On 19/07/2023 2:02 am, Sawfish wrote:
    On 7/18/23 8:36 AM, PeteWasLucky wrote:
    *skriptis <skriptis@post.t-com.hr> Wrote in message:r
    But this isn't my point, the point is, when you are a very good tennis
    player you can beat younger less talented players, but once you have
    to face a person with the same skills and/or talent but younger than
    you, then youth becomes a big factor in deciding the outcome.

This seems completely obvious to me. For any given point the younger
    player will have a physical edge, and this increases during the course
    of the match, often.

Now, whether the younger player can capitalize on this advantage is what separates Alcaraz from Zverev.

But then the older guy has a huge experience advantage, often that's the deciding factor.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Whisper@21:1/5 to All on Wed Jul 19 15:51:05 2023
    On 19/07/2023 6:16 am, TT wrote:

Unless he's something truly exceptional and can maintain this level
    til age 40.  Be great to see, but not betting on it.  I give him til
    2025 AO, age 37.5, so 6 more slam chances where he should be some kind
    of factor.  Carlos prob won't win all 6, so Novak better be ready to
    step in when/if he gets the chance.

Yes, but he will start fave in every match he plays - a prohibitive fave.

Also, Djokovic will again be the more fit player after his year-end egg treatment and gluten-free diet..

Novak will be fave v every other player next 2 slams at least.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Whisper@21:1/5 to All on Wed Jul 19 15:54:23 2023
    On 19/07/2023 6:42 am, *skriptis wrote:
    TT <TT@dprk.kp> Wrote in message:r

In hindsight this loss will be a feather in Novak's cap imo. In 15
    years we may be saying 'wow look how close Novak came to beating goat/boat/Wimbledon king at age 36!'.

: )

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Sawfish@21:1/5 to Whisper on Wed Jul 19 09:39:00 2023
    On 7/18/23 10:51 PM, Whisper wrote:
    On 19/07/2023 6:16 am, TT wrote:

I agree Novak is not finished, but his age window is closing fast
    imo. Unless he's something truly exceptional and can maintain this
    level til age 40.  Be great to see, but not betting on it.  I give
    him til 2025 AO, age 37.5, so 6 more slam chances where he should be
    some kind of factor.  Carlos prob won't win all 6, so Novak better
    be ready to step in when/if he gets the chance.

Yes, but he will start fave in every match he plays - a prohibitive fave.

Also, Djokovic will again be the more fit player after his year-end
    egg treatment and gluten-free diet..

Novak will be fave v every other player next 2 slams at least.

I'd agree with all that.

--
    --Sawfish ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ "The Ayatolla of Rock and Rolla!" ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From The Iceberg@21:1/5 to Sawfish on Thu Jul 20 10:52:53 2023
    On Tuesday, 18 July 2023 at 17:02:11 UTC+1, Sawfish wrote:
    On 7/18/23 8:36 AM, PeteWasLucky wrote:
    *skriptis <skri...@post.t-com.hr> Wrote in message:r
    PeteWasLucky <waleed...@gmail.com> Wrote in message:r> MBDunc <mich...@dnainternet.net> Wrote in message:r> On Tuesday, July 18, 2023 at 3:32:26 AM UTC+3, Court_1 wrote:> On Monday, July 17, 2023 at 7:48:33 PM UTC-4, MBDunc wrote: > > On Tuesday,
    July 18, 2023 at 2:33:30 AM UTC+3, Court_1 wrote: > > > Now, Djokovic finally loses to the first decent younger player on the scene in ages but in a closely contested battle where he could have easily won if a few shots went differently and all of a
    sudden we hear, "Djokovic is ancient." > > > > I strongly disagree. Djoker lost two important matches: Meds USO 2021 and to Zverev Olympics 2021. They younger than Djoker, right?> Yes, those were big Djokovic losses to younger players but they were the
    exceptions and not the rules. Medvedev and Zverev simply aren't consistent enough to trouble Djokovic regularly.Zverev (before his FO injury 2022 was very consistent). He has creds for "best player ever with no slam title" = 2 x YEC, Olympic Gold, tons
    of titles.Meds has been super consistent since 2019 about. Alone this 2023, 5 titles + finals? Also was #1 (and had a recent shot for it).> I definitely give a lot of credit to Alcaraz and I hope he can go on and regularly humiliate Djokovic but I'll
    believe it when I see it. In fairness to Alcaraz, I think he's the player that can do it. But will he? Or will they split match wins?Well, as good as Djoker is, he is not 35y anymore..... or ever .....mikkoBecause he runs and beats every useless tennis
    player, Court doesn't think he is getting older and that age can't be an issue when he has to play a really good young player.When Sampras lost to Hewit in the US open final, I remember him saying something like he wished he had Hewitt younger
    legsDjokovic beats useless players?My, my, shall we analyze guys from peak Federer era who were his Wimbledon opponents when he won the title?Wimbledon, SF and F opponents 2003, Roddick, Philippoussis2004, Grosjean, Roddick2005, Hewitt, Roddick2006,
    Bjorkman, Nadal2007, Gasquet, Nadal2009, Haas, Roddick2012, Djokovic, Murray2017, Berdych, ili How many of these players you find useful?You are scared of Grosjean, Bjorkman, Gasquet, Hass on grass?I've never heard you calling this, and objecting to
    Federer winning Wimbledon by beating those guys?-- ----Android NewsGroup Reader----https://piaohong.s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/usenet/index.html
    Don't get sensitive, any of these players were better than the likes of Sinner and the other tall Italian pizza guy and that shapavolov ADHD guy.

But this isn't my point, the point is, when you are a very good tennis player you can beat younger less talented players, but once you have to face a person with the same skills and/or talent but younger than you, then youth becomes a big factor in
    deciding the outcome.
    This seems completely obvious to me. For any given point the younger
    player will have a physical edge, and this increases during the course
    of the match, often.

Now, whether the younger player can capitalize on this advantage is what separates Alcaraz from Zverev.

are Sinner, Berrettini, Rublev and co not included in this physical edge thing? so it's only Alcaraz, but not at the FO.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Sawfish@21:1/5 to All on Thu Jul 20 11:10:20 2023
    T24gNy8yMC8yMyAxMDo1MiBBTSwgVGhlIEljZWJlcmcgd3JvdGU6DQo+IE9uIFR1ZXNkYXks IDE4IEp1bHkgMjAyMyBhdCAxNzowMjoxMSBVVEMrMSwgU2F3ZmlzaCB3cm90ZToNCj4+IE9u IDcvMTgvMjMgODozNiBBTSwgUGV0ZVdhc0x1Y2t5IHdyb3RlOg0KPj4+ICpza3JpcHRpcyA8 c2tyaS4uLkBwb3N0LnQtY29tLmhyPiBXcm90ZSBpbiBtZXNzYWdlOnINCj4+Pj4gUGV0ZVdh c0x1Y2t5IDx3YWxlZWQuLi5AZ21haWwuY29tPiBXcm90ZSBpbiBtZXNzYWdlOnI+IE1CRHVu YyA8bWljaC4uLkBkbmFpbnRlcm5ldC5uZXQ+IFdyb3RlIGluIG1lc3NhZ2U6cj4gT24gVHVl c2RheSwgSnVseSAxOCwgMjAyMyBhdCAzOjMyOjI2IEFNIFVUQyszLCBDb3VydF8xIHdyb3Rl Oj4gT24gTW9uZGF5LCBKdWx5IDE3LCAyMDIzIGF0IDc6NDg6MzMgUE0gVVRDLTQsIE1CRHVu YyB3cm90ZTogPiA+IE9uIFR1ZXNkYXksIEp1bHkgMTgsIDIwMjMgYXQgMjozMzozMCBBTSBV VEMrMywgQ291cnRfMSB3cm90ZTogPiA+ID4gTm93LCBEam9rb3ZpYyBmaW5hbGx5IGxvc2Vz IHRvIHRoZSBmaXJzdCBkZWNlbnQgeW91bmdlciBwbGF5ZXIgb24gdGhlIHNjZW5lIGluIGFn ZXMgYnV0IGluIGEgY2xvc2VseSBjb250ZXN0ZWQgYmF0dGxlIHdoZXJlIGhlIGNvdWxkIGhh dmUgZWFzaWx5IHdvbiBpZiBhIGZldyBzaG90cyB3ZW50IGRpZmZlcmVudGx5IGFuZCBhbGwg b2YgYSBzdWRkZW4gd2UgaGVhciwgIkRqb2tvdmljIGlzIGFuY2llbnQuIiA+ID4gPiA+IEkg c3Ryb25nbHkgZGlzYWdyZWUuIERqb2tlciBsb3N0IHR3byBpbXBvcnRhbnQgbWF0Y2hlczog TWVkcyBVU08gMjAyMSBhbmQgdG8gWnZlcmV2IE9seW1waWNzIDIwMjEuIFRoZXkgeW91bmdl ciB0aGFuIERqb2tlciwgcmlnaHQ/PiBZZXMsIHRob3NlIHdlcmUgYmlnIERqb2tvdmljIGxv c3NlcyB0byB5b3VuZ2VyIHBsYXllcnMgYnV0IHRoZXkgd2VyZSB0aGUgZXhjZXB0aW9ucyBh bmQgbm90IHRoZSBydWxlcy4gTWVkdmVkZXYgYW5kIFp2ZXJldiBzaW1wbHkgYXJlbid0IGNv bnNpc3RlbnQgZW5vdWdoIHRvIHRyb3VibGUgRGpva292aWMgcmVndWxhcmx5Llp2ZXJldiAo YmVmb3JlIGhpcyBGTyBpbmp1cnkgMjAyMiB3YXMgdmVyeSBjb25zaXN0ZW50KS4gSGUgaGFz IGNyZWRzIGZvciAiYmVzdCBwbGF5ZXIgZXZlciB3aXRoIG5vIHNsYW0gdGl0bGUiID0gMiB4 IFlFQywgT2x5bXBpYyBHb2xkLCB0b25zIG9mIHRpdGxlcy5NZWRzIGhhcyBiZWVuIHN1cGVy IGNvbnNpc3RlbnQgc2luY2UgMjAxOSBhYm91dC4gQWxvbmUgdGhpcyAyMDIzLCA1IHRpdGxl cyArIGZpbmFscz8gQWxzbyB3YXMgIzEgKGFuZCBoYWQgYSByZWNlbnQgc2hvdCBmb3IgaXQp Lj4gSSBkZWZpbml0ZWx5IGdpdmUgYSBsb3Qgb2YgY3JlZGl0IHRvIEFsY2FyYXogYW5kIEkg aG9wZSBoZSBjYW4gZ28gb24gYW5kIHJlZ3VsYXJseSBodW1pbGlhdGUgRGpva292aWMgYnV0 IEknbGwgYmVsaWV2ZSBpdCB3aGVuIEkgc2VlIGl0LiBJbiBmYWlybmVzcyB0byBBbGNhcmF6 LCBJIHRoaW5rIGhlJ3MgdGhlIHBsYXllciB0aGF0IGNhbiBkbyBpdC4gQnV0IHdpbGwgaGU/ IE9yIHdpbGwgdGhleSBzcGxpdCBtYXRjaCB3aW5zP1dlbGwsIGFzIGdvb2QgYXMgRGpva2Vy IGlzLCBoZSBpcyBub3QgMzV5IGFueW1vcmUuLi4uLiBvciBldmVyIC4uLi4ubWlra29CZWNh dXNlIGhlIHJ1bnMgYW5kIGJlYXRzIGV2ZXJ5IHVzZWxlc3MgdGVubmlzIHBsYXllciwgQ291 cnQgZG9lc24ndCB0aGluayBoZSBpcyBnZXR0aW5nIG9sZGVyIGFuZCB0aGF0IGFnZSBjYW4n dCBiZSBhbiBpc3N1ZSB3aGVuIGhlIGhhcyB0byBwbGF5IGEgcmVhbGx5IGdvb2QgeW91bmcg cGxheWVyLldoZW4gU2FtcHJhcyBsb3N0IHRvIEhld2l0IGluIHRoZSBVUyBvcGVuIGZpbmFs LCBJIHJlbWVtYmVyIGhpbSBzYXlpbmcgc29tZXRoaW5nIGxpa2UgaGUgd2lzaGVkIGhlIGhh ZCBIZXdpdHQgeW91bmdlciBsZWdzRGpva292aWMgYmVhdHMgdXNlbGVzcyBwbGF5ZXJzP015 LCBteSwgc2hhbGwgd2UgYW5hbHl6ZSBndXlzIGZyb20gcGVhayBGZWRlcmVyIGVyYSB3aG8g d2VyZSBoaXMgV2ltYmxlZG9uIG9wcG9uZW50cyB3aGVuIGhlIHdvbiB0aGUgdGl0bGU/V2lt YmxlZG9uLCBTRiBhbmQgRiBvcHBvbmVudHMgMjAwMywgUm9kZGljaywgUGhpbGlwcG91c3Np czIwMDQsIEdyb3NqZWFuLCBSb2RkaWNrMjAwNSwgSGV3aXR0LCBSb2RkaWNrMjAwNiwgQmpv cmttYW4sIE5hZGFsMjAwNywgR2FzcXVldCwgTmFkYWwyMDA5LCBIYWFzLCBSb2RkaWNrMjAx MiwgRGpva292aWMsIE11cnJheTIwMTcsIEJlcmR5Y2gsIGlsaSBIb3cgbWFueSBvZiB0aGVz ZSBwbGF5ZXJzIHlvdSBmaW5kIHVzZWZ1bD9Zb3UgYXJlIHNjYXJlZCBvZiBHcm9zamVhbiwg QmpvcmttYW4sIEdhc3F1ZXQsIEhhc3Mgb24gZ3Jhc3M/SSd2ZSBuZXZlciBoZWFyZCB5b3Ug Y2FsbGluZyB0aGlzLCBhbmQgb2JqZWN0aW5nIHRvIEZlZGVyZXIgd2lubmluZyBXaW1ibGVk b24gYnkgYmVhdGluZyB0aG9zZSBndXlzPy0tIC0tLS1BbmRyb2lkIE5ld3NHcm91cCBSZWFk ZXItLS0taHR0cHM6Ly9waWFvaG9uZy5zMy11cy13ZXN0LTIuYW1hem9uYXdzLmNvbS91c2Vu ZXQvaW5kZXguaHRtbA0KPj4+IERvbid0IGdldCBzZW5zaXRpdmUsIGFueSBvZiB0aGVzZSBw bGF5ZXJzIHdlcmUgYmV0dGVyIHRoYW4gdGhlIGxpa2VzIG9mIFNpbm5lciBhbmQgdGhlIG90 aGVyIHRhbGwgSXRhbGlhbiBwaXp6YSBndXkgYW5kIHRoYXQgc2hhcGF2b2xvdiBBREhEIGd1 eS4NCj4+Pg0KPj4+IEJ1dCB0aGlzIGlzbid0IG15IHBvaW50LCB0aGUgcG9pbnQgaXMsIHdo ZW4geW91IGFyZSBhIHZlcnkgZ29vZCB0ZW5uaXMgcGxheWVyIHlvdSBjYW4gYmVhdCB5b3Vu Z2VyIGxlc3MgdGFsZW50ZWQgcGxheWVycywgYnV0IG9uY2UgeW91IGhhdmUgdG8gZmFjZSBh IHBlcnNvbiB3aXRoIHRoZSBzYW1lIHNraWxscyBhbmQvb3IgdGFsZW50IGJ1dCB5b3VuZ2Vy IHRoYW4geW91LCB0aGVuIHlvdXRoIGJlY29tZXMgYSBiaWcgZmFjdG9yIGluIGRlY2lkaW5n IHRoZSBvdXRjb21lLg0KPj4gVGhpcyBzZWVtcyBjb21wbGV0ZWx5IG9idmlvdXMgdG8gbWUu IEZvciBhbnkgZ2l2ZW4gcG9pbnQgdGhlIHlvdW5nZXINCj4+IHBsYXllciB3aWxsIGhhdmUg YSBwaHlzaWNhbCBlZGdlLCBhbmQgdGhpcyBpbmNyZWFzZXMgZHVyaW5nIHRoZSBjb3Vyc2UN Cj4+IG9mIHRoZSBtYXRjaCwgb2Z0ZW4uDQo+Pg0KPj4gTm93LCB3aGV0aGVyIHRoZSB5b3Vu Z2VyIHBsYXllciBjYW4gY2FwaXRhbGl6ZSBvbiB0aGlzIGFkdmFudGFnZSBpcyB3aGF0DQo+ PiBzZXBhcmF0ZXMgQWxjYXJheiBmcm9tIFp2ZXJldi4NCj4gYXJlIFNpbm5lciwgQmVycmV0 dGluaSwgUnVibGV2IGFuZCBjbyBub3QgaW5jbHVkZWQgaW4gdGhpcyBwaHlzaWNhbCBlZGdl IHRoaW5nPyBzbyBpdCdzIG9ubHkgQWxjYXJheiwgYnV0IG5vdCBhdCB0aGUgRk8uDQoNCkkg dGhpbmsgaXQncyBjbG9zZSB3aXRoIHNvbWUgb2YgdGhlc2UgZ3V5cywgdG8gdmFyeWluZyBk ZWdyZWVzLCBidXQgYWxsIA0Kb2YgdGhlc2UgZ3V5cyBhcmUgYWxzbyBzY2FyZWQgb2YgRGpv aywgdG8gb25lIGRlZ3JlZSBvciBhbm90aGVyLiBNYXliZSANCk1lZHZlZGV2IGxlYXN0IG9m IGFsbC4NCg0KSSB0aGluayBBbGNhcmF6IGRvZXMgbm90IGhhdmUgdGhlIGxldmVsIG9mIHNl bGYtZG91YnQgdGhlc2Ugb3RoZXIgZ3V5cyANCmhhdmUuIERqb2sgc2VsZG9tIGhhcyBhbnkg ZG91YnQtLWJ1dCBoZSB3aWxsIG5vdywgdnMgQWxjYXJhei4NCg0KSSBob3BlIGhlIGNhbiBi ZWF0IEFsY2FyYXogb25lIG1vcmUgdGltZSBpbiBhIG1ham9ycyBmaW5hbC4gSXQncyBnb29k IHRvIA0KcXVpdCBhZnRlciBoYXZpbmcgZ290IHJpZCBvZiB0aGF0IGRvdWJ0Lg0KDQotLSAN Cn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+ fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fg0KIlJlYWxpdHkgaXMgdGhhdCB0aGluZyB0aGF0IGRv ZXMgbm90IGdvIGF3YXkgd2hlbiB5b3Ugc3RvcCBiZWxpZXZpbmcgaW4gaXQuIg0KDQotLVNh d2Zpc2gNCn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+ fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fg0KDQo=

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Gracchus@21:1/5 to Sawfish on Thu Jul 20 12:00:37 2023
    On Thursday, July 20, 2023 at 11:10:25 AM UTC-7, Sawfish wrote:

I think Alcaraz does not have the level of self-doubt these other guys
    have. Djok seldom has any doubt--but he will now, vs Alcaraz.

I hope he can beat Alcaraz one more time in a majors final. It's good to quit after having got rid of that doubt.

Better that Alcaraz crushes him flat in a straight-set final, silencing any desperate to think Sunday's result came from the wind or other such foolishness. Let the bastard cup his little round ear to the crowd with jeers ringing in it this time.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Court_1@21:1/5 to Gracchus on Thu Jul 20 12:10:15 2023
    On Thursday, July 20, 2023 at 3:00:39 PM UTC-4, Gracchus wrote:

I think Alcaraz does not have the level of self-doubt these other guys have. Djok seldom has any doubt--but he will now, vs Alcaraz.

I hope he can beat Alcaraz one more time in a majors final. It's good to quit after having got rid of that doubt.

Better that Alcaraz crushes him flat in a straight-set final, silencing any desperate to think Sunday's result came from the wind or other such foolishness. Let the bastard cup his little round ear to the crowd with jeers ringing in it this time.

Honestly, Djokovic is an atrocious wind player for an all time great. You can't use it as an excuse for his loss as both players had to deal with the wind but it is a fact that Djokovic, for all of his smarts on a tennis court and all of the improvements
    he continually makes, hasn't mastered windy conditions. If the roof was closed would the results have been different? Maybe.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Sawfish@21:1/5 to All on Thu Jul 20 12:31:47 2023
    On 7/20/23 12:10 PM, Court_1 wrote:

I hope he can beat Alcaraz one more time in a majors final. It's good to >>> quit after having got rid of that doubt.
    Honestly, Djokovic is an atrocious wind player for an all time great. You can't use it as an excuse for his loss as both players had to deal with the wind but it is a fact that Djokovic, for all of his smarts on a tennis court and all of the
    improvements he continually makes, hasn't mastered windy conditions. If the roof was closed would the results have been different? Maybe.

This is no knock, but since the final several people say that Djok is a notorious poor wind player, but on what objective metric is that based?

Unsupported statements are in the category of "common knowledge" of
    which I am skeptical until I at least see some kind of support.

--
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Sawfish: A totally unreconstructed elasmobranch. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Gracchus@21:1/5 to Sawfish on Thu Jul 20 12:43:02 2023
    On Thursday, July 20, 2023 at 12:31:51 PM UTC-7, Sawfish wrote:

I think Alcaraz does not have the level of self-doubt these other guys >>> have. Djok seldom has any doubt--but he will now, vs Alcaraz.
    I hope he can beat Alcaraz one more time in a majors final. It's good to >>> quit after having got rid of that doubt

Honestly, Djokovic is an atrocious wind player for an all time great. You can't use it as an excuse for his loss as both players had to deal with the wind but it is a fact that Djokovic, for all of his smarts on a tennis court and all of the
    improvements he continually makes, hasn't mastered windy conditions. If the roof was closed would the results have been different? Maybe

This is no knock, but since the final several people say that Djok is a notorious poor wind player, but on what objective metric is that based?

Good point. At least in the case of McEnroe, he admitted he hated playing in wind, avoided playing in Florida because it was so often windy, and had some bad losses there. I'm not sure where this narrative about Djokovic and the wind began. It sounds
    like an old-fashioned excuse, even if made on his behalf by others. But if there's a case to be made, I'd like to hear it too.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Court_1@21:1/5 to Sawfish on Thu Jul 20 19:06:26 2023
    On Thursday, July 20, 2023 at 3:31:51 PM UTC-4, Sawfish wrote:

I think Alcaraz does not have the level of self-doubt these other guys >>> have. Djok seldom has any doubt--but he will now, vs Alcaraz.
    I hope he can beat Alcaraz one more time in a majors final. It's good to >>> quit after having got rid of that doubt.
    improvements he continually makes, hasn't mastered windy conditions. If the roof was closed would the results have been different? Maybe.

Are you serious? What objective metric is it based on? You've followed tennis for all these years and you aren't aware of the fact that Djokovic underperforms and is visibly uncomfortable playing in windy conditions?

It's been talked about on social media and by commentators for a long time. Djokovic himself has talked about it. You can actually see his disdain for windy conditions during the times he has to play big matches when it's windy. It's one of those things
    that's as well-known about Djokovic as his misadventures with overheads.

As for why he tends to play poorly in windy conditions, that's for somebody else to go into in more detail. Maybe a big Djokovic fan like Pelle can shed some light on it? I've read a lot of different theories over the years as to why the wind affects
    his game in particular(i.e. because he's a master at re-directing the ball, the wind gets in the way of that skill for him.) You can go anywhere on the internet where there is tennis discussion and see tons of theories about it if that's what floats your
    boat. Maybe his parents locked him in a cellar as a kid when he lost a match and turned on a wind machine to torment him?

Who knows but his troubles in windy conditions are well-known that's for sure. I'm not using it as an excuse for him as both players have to deal with the wind during a match. I'm just saying in every windy match I've seen him play, he has had his issues
    with it.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Court_1@21:1/5 to Gracchus on Thu Jul 20 19:07:51 2023
    On Thursday, July 20, 2023 at 3:43:04 PM UTC-4, Gracchus wrote:
    On Thursday, July 20, 2023 at 12:31:51 PM UTC-7, Sawfish wrote:

I hope he can beat Alcaraz one more time in a majors final. It's good to
    quit after having got rid of that doubt

improvements he continually makes, hasn't mastered windy conditions. If the roof was closed would the results have been different? Maybe

Good point. At least in the case of McEnroe, he admitted he hated playing in wind, avoided playing in Florida because it was so often windy, and had some bad losses there. I'm not sure where this narrative about Djokovic and the wind began. It sounds
    like an old-fashioned excuse, even if made on his behalf by others. But if there's a case to be made, I'd like to hear it too.

Djokovic has admitted to it as well. There have been articles mentioning this over the years.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Sawfish@21:1/5 to I never heard of it until someone on Thu Jul 20 19:17:22 2023
    On 7/20/23 7:06 PM, Court_1 wrote:

I think Alcaraz does not have the level of self-doubt these other guys >>>>> have. Djok seldom has any doubt--but he will now, vs Alcaraz.
    I hope he can beat Alcaraz one more time in a majors final. It's good to >>>>> quit after having got rid of that doubt.
    This is no knock, but since the final several people say that Djok is a
    notorious poor wind player, but on what objective metric is that based?

Are you serious? What objective metric is it based on? You've followed tennis for all these years and you aren't aware of the fact that Djokovic underperforms and is visibly uncomfortable playing in windy conditions?

Yes, I'm serious, and no< I'd never seen evidence of it.

I never heard of it until someone wrote it here.

It's been talked about on social media and by commentators for a long time. Djokovic himself has talked about it. You can actually see his disdain for windy conditions during the times he has to play big matches when it's windy. It's one of those
    things that's as well-known about Djokovic as his misadventures with overheads.

I just did a couple of searches: "does djokovic have trouble in the
    wind" and "djokovic in the wind" and the only mention I see relates to
    the 2023 final, 2021 Monte Carlo.

So far, I have your word that it's a well-known fact.

As for why he tends to play poorly in windy conditions, that's for somebody else to go into in more detail. Maybe a big Djokovic fan like Pelle can shed some light on it? I've read a lot of different theories over the years as to why the wind affects
    his game in particular(i.e. because he's a master at re-directing the ball, the wind gets in the way of that skill for him.) You can go anywhere on the internet where there is tennis discussion and see tons of theories about it if that's what floats your
    boat. Maybe his parents locked him in a cellar as a kid when he lost a match and turned on a wind machine to torment him?

Who knows but his troubles in windy conditions are well-known that's for sure.
    Not that I can see yet.
    I'm not using it as an excuse for him as both players have to deal with the wind during a match. I'm just saying in every windy match I've seen him play, he has had his issues with it.

--
    "I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandpa, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car."

--Sawfish ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Gracchus@21:1/5 to All on Thu Jul 20 19:30:41 2023
    On Thursday, July 20, 2023 at 7:06:28 PM UTC-7, Court_1 wrote:

Probably not, but the thought of it brings a smile to my face.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Court_1@21:1/5 to Sawfish on Thu Jul 20 19:55:55 2023
    On Thursday, July 20, 2023 at 10:17:26 PM UTC-4, Sawfish wrote:

I think Alcaraz does not have the level of self-doubt these other guys >>>>> have. Djok seldom has any doubt--but he will now, vs Alcaraz.
    quit after having got rid of that doubt.
    This is no knock, but since the final several people say that Djok is a >> notorious poor wind player, but on what objective metric is that based? >>

It's been talked about on social media and by commentators for a long time. Djokovic himself has talked about it. You can actually see his disdain for windy conditions during the times he has to play big matches when it's windy. It's one of those

Not that I can see yet.

Well, try harder. It's there and is well-known. As I said, Djokovic himself has referred to his dislike of windy conditions. Commentators have been talking about it for a decade.

We see things differently. You didn't see any issues Djokovic had with the wind in the Wimbledon final and I didn't see any big Djokovic age factors in that match.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Court_1@21:1/5 to Gracchus on Thu Jul 20 19:55:59 2023
    On Thursday, July 20, 2023 at 10:30:43 PM UTC-4, Gracchus wrote:
    On Thursday, July 20, 2023 at 7:06:28 PM UTC-7, Court_1 wrote:

Probably not, but the thought of it brings a smile to my face.

LOL. His parents seem like the type that would have done something like that.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Sawfish@21:1/5 to All on Thu Jul 20 20:14:57 2023
    On 7/20/23 7:55 PM, Court_1 wrote:

I think Alcaraz does not have the level of self-doubt these other guys >>>>>>> have. Djok seldom has any doubt--but he will now, vs Alcaraz.
    This is no knock, but since the final several people say that Djok is a >>>> notorious poor wind player, but on what objective metric is that based? >>>>

things that's as well-known about Djokovic as his misadventures with overheads. >> I just did a couple of searches: "does djokovic have trouble in the

Not that I can see yet.
    Well, try harder. It's there and is well-known.
    You say...
    As I said, Djokovic himself has referred to his dislike of windy conditions. Commentators have been talking about it for a decade.
    Not that I found.

We see things differently. You didn't see any issues Djokovic had with the wind

Oh, I saw it a bit.

It was the same wind that Alcaraz dealt with, is how I saw it.

in the Wimbledon final and I didn't see any big Djokovic age factors in that match.
    So you did get around to watching it?

--
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ "Reality is that thing that does not go away when you stop believing in it."

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Court_1@21:1/5 to Sawfish on Thu Jul 20 20:20:03 2023
    On Thursday, July 20, 2023 at 11:15:01 PM UTC-4, Sawfish wrote:

Not that I can see yet.

You say...

I'm not making it up, lol. It IS well-known.

As I said, Djokovic himself has referred to his dislike of windy conditions. Commentators have been talking about it for a decade.
    Not that I found.

Oh, I saw it a bit.

in the Wimbledon final and I didn't see any big Djokovic age factors in that match.

I agree that it was the same wind Alcaraz dealt with but that doesn't change the reality that for whatever reason, Djokovic hates and has issues with windy conditions. Grif, are you there? You're a big Djokovic fan. Tell Sawfish what you know on the
    subject of Djokovic's struggles with the wind.

Ok, I have to go stack the dishwasher and read a bit before bed.

Ciao.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From PeteWasLucky@21:1/5 to All on Fri Jul 21 00:47:27 2023
    On Friday, July 21, 2023 at 5:55:57 AM UTC+3, Court_1 wrote:
    On Thursday, July 20, 2023 at 11:10:25 AM UTC-7, Sawfish wrote: >>>>

This is no knock, but since the final several people say that Djok is a >> notorious poor wind player, but on what objective metric is that based? >>

As for why he tends to play poorly in windy conditions, that's for somebody else to go into in more detail. Maybe a big Djokovic fan like Pelle can shed some light on it? I've read a lot of different theories over the years as to why the wind
    affects his game in particular(i.e. because he's a master at re-directing the ball, the wind gets in the way of that skill for him.) You can go anywhere on the internet where there is tennis discussion and see tons of theories about it if that's what
    floats your boat. Maybe his parents locked him in a cellar as a kid when he lost a match and turned on a wind machine to torment him?

Not that I can see yet.
    Well, try harder. It's there and is well-known. As I said, Djokovic himself has referred to his dislike of windy conditions. Commentators have been talking about it for a decade.

We see things differently. You didn't see any issues Djokovic had with the wind in the Wimbledon final and I didn't see any big Djokovic age factors in that match.

And Federer and Nadal admitted to love playing in the wind?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From *skriptis@21:1/5 to PeteWasLucky on Fri Jul 21 09:51:19 2023
    On Friday, July 21, 2023 at 5:55:57 AM UTC+3, Court_1 wrote:> On Thursday, July 20, 2023 at 10:17:26 PM UTC-4, Sawfish wrote: > > On 7/20/23 7:06 PM, Court_1 wrote: > > > On Thursday, July 20, 2023 at 3:31:51 PM UTC-4, Sawfish wrote: > > >> On 7/
    20/23 12:10 PM, Court_1 wrote: > > >>> On Thursday, July 20, 2023 at 3:00:39 PM UTC-4, Gracchus wrote: > > >>>> On Thursday, July 20, 2023 at 11:10:25 AM UTC-7, Sawfish wrote: > > >>>> > > >>>>> I think Alcaraz does not have the level of self-doubt
    these other guys > > >>>>> have. Djok seldom has any doubt--but he will now, vs Alcaraz. > > >>>>> I hope he can beat Alcaraz one more time in a majors final. It's good to > > >>>>> quit after having got rid of that doubt. > > >>>> Better that Alcaraz
    crushes him flat in a straight-set final, silencing any desperate to think Sunday's result came from the wind or other such foolishness. Let the bastard cup his little round ear to the crowd with jeers ringing in it this time. > > >>> Honestly, Djokovic
    is an atrocious wind player for an all time great. You can't use it as an excuse for his loss as both players had to deal with the wind but it is a fact that Djokovic, for all of his smarts on a tennis court and all of the improvements he continually
    makes, hasn't mastered windy conditions. If the roof was closed would the results have been different? Maybe. > > >> This is no knock, but since the final several people say that Djok is a > > >> notorious poor wind player, but on what objective metric
    is that based? > > >> > > >> Unsupported statements are in the category of "common knowledge" of > > >> which I am skeptical until I at least see some kind of support. > > > Are you serious? What objective metric is it based on? You've followed tennis
    for all these years and you aren't aware of the fact that Djokovic underperforms and is visibly uncomfortable playing in windy conditions? > > Yes, I'm serious, and no< I'd never seen evidence of it. > > > > I never heard of it until someone wrote it
    here. > > > > > > It's been talked about on social media and by commentators for a long time. Djokovic himself has talked about it. You can actually see his disdain for windy conditions during the times he has to play big matches when it's windy. It's
    one of those things that's as well-known about Djokovic as his misadventures with overheads. > > I just did a couple of searches: "does djokovic have trouble in the > > wind" and "djokovic in the wind" and the only mention I see relates to > > the 2023
    final, 2021 Monte Carlo. > > > > So far, I have your word that it's a well-known fact. > > > > > > As for why he tends to play poorly in windy conditions, that's for somebody else to go into in more detail. Maybe a big Djokovic fan like Pelle can shed
    some light on it? I've read a lot of different theories over the years as to why the wind affects his game in particular(i.e. because he's a master at re-directing the ball, the wind gets in the way of that skill for him.) You can go anywhere on the
    internet where there is tennis discussion and see tons of theories about it if that's what floats your boat. Maybe his parents locked him in a cellar as a kid when he lost a match and turned on a wind machine to torment him? > > > > > > Who knows but his
    troubles in windy conditions are well-known that's for sure. > > Not that I can see yet.> Well, try harder. It's there and is well-known. As I said, Djokovic himself has referred to his dislike of windy conditions. Commentators have been talking about it
    for a decade. > > We see things differently. You didn't see any issues Djokovic had with the wind in the Wimbledon final and I didn't see any big Djokovic age factors in that match.And Federer and Nadal admitted to love playing in the wind?

I guess nobody likes if really, but Nadal with his topspin and safety margins is least affected.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2009/mar/23/andy-murray-rafael-nadal-atp-masters-series-tennis

Murray outclassed as Nadal claims Masters title in Indian Wells

Spaniard wins comfortably, 6-1, 6-2
    Scot fails to handle windy conditions

The flater you hit, the more you're troubled by the wind.
    --

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From PeteWasLucky@21:1/5 to All on Fri Jul 21 00:57:47 2023
    On Friday, July 21, 2023 at 10:51:22 AM UTC+3, *skriptis wrote:
    PeteWasLucky <waleed...@gmail.com> Wrote in message:r
    On Friday, July 21, 2023 at 5:55:57 AM UTC+3, Court_1 wrote:> On Thursday, July 20, 2023 at 10:17:26 PM UTC-4, Sawfish wrote: > > On 7/20/23 7:06 PM, Court_1 wrote: > > > On Thursday, July 20, 2023 at 3:31:51 PM UTC-4, Sawfish wrote: > > >> On
    7/20/23 12:10 PM, Court_1 wrote: > > >>> On Thursday, July 20, 2023 at 3:00:39 PM UTC-4, Gracchus wrote: > > >>>> On Thursday, July 20, 2023 at 11:10:25 AM UTC-7, Sawfish wrote: > > >>>> > > >>>>> I think Alcaraz does not have the level of self-doubt
    these other guys > > >>>>> have. Djok seldom has any doubt--but he will now, vs Alcaraz. > > >>>>> I hope he can beat Alcaraz one more time in a majors final. It's good to > > >>>>> quit after having got rid of that doubt. > > >>>> Better that Alcaraz
    crushes him flat in a straight-set final, silencing any desperate to think Sunday's result came from the wind or other such foolishness. Let the bastard cup his little round ear to the crowd with jeers ringing in it this time. > > >>> Honestly, Djokovic
    is an atrocious wind player for an all time great. You can't use it as an excuse for his loss as both players had to deal with the wind but it is a fact that Djokovic, for all of his smarts on a tennis court and all of the improvements he continually
    makes, hasn't mastered windy conditions. If the roof was closed would the results have been different? Maybe. > > >> This is no knock, but since the final several people say that Djok is a > > >> notorious poor wind player, but on what objective metric
    is that based? > > >> > > >> Unsupported statements are in the category of "common knowledge" of > > >> which I am skeptical until I at least see some kind of support. > > > Are you serious? What objective metric is it based on? You've followed tennis
    for all these years and you aren't aware of the fact that Djokovic underperforms and is visibly uncomfortable playing in windy conditions? > > Yes, I'm serious, and no< I'd never seen evidence of it. > > > > I never heard of it until someone wrote it
    here. > > > > > > It's been talked about on social media and by commentators for a long time. Djokovic himself has talked about it. You can actually see his disdain for windy conditions during the times he has to play big matches when it's windy. It's
    one of those things that's as well-known about Djokovic as his misadventures with overheads. > > I just did a couple of searches: "does djokovic have trouble in the > > wind" and "djokovic in the wind" and the only mention I see relates to > > the 2023
    final, 2021 Monte Carlo. > > > > So far, I have your word that it's a well-known fact. > > > > > > As for why he tends to play poorly in windy conditions, that's for somebody else to go into in more detail. Maybe a big Djokovic fan like Pelle can shed
    some light on it? I've read a lot of different theories over the years as to why the wind affects his game in particular(i.e. because he's a master at re-directing the ball, the wind gets in the way of that skill for him.) You can go anywhere on the
    internet where there is tennis discussion and see tons of theories about it if that's what floats your boat. Maybe his parents locked him in a cellar as a kid when he lost a match and turned on a wind machine to torment him? > > > > > > Who knows but his
    troubles in windy conditions are well-known that's for sure. > > Not that I can see yet.> Well, try harder. It's there and is well-known. As I said, Djokovic himself has referred to his dislike of windy conditions. Commentators have been talking about it
    for a decade. > > We see things differently. You didn't see any issues Djokovic had with the wind in the Wimbledon final and I didn't see any big Djokovic age factors in that match.And Federer and Nadal admitted to love playing in the wind?

I guess nobody likes if really, but Nadal with his topspin and safety margins is least affected.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2009/mar/23/andy-murray-rafael-nadal-atp-masters-series-tennis

Murray outclassed as Nadal claims Masters title in Indian Wells

Spaniard wins comfortably, 6-1, 6-2
    Scot fails to handle windy conditions

The flater you hit, the more you're troubled by the wind.
    --

Is this an excuse?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Sawfish@21:1/5 to All on Fri Jul 21 05:23:20 2023
    T24gNy8yMS8yMyAxMjo1MSBBTSwgKnNrcmlwdGlzIHdyb3RlOg0KPiBQZXRlV2FzTHVja3kg PHdhbGVlZC5raGVkckBnbWFpbC5jb20+IFdyb3RlIGluIG1lc3NhZ2U6cg0KPj4gT24gRnJp ZGF5LCBKdWx5IDIxLCAyMDIzIGF0IDU6NTU6NTfigK9BTSBVVEMrMywgQ291cnRfMSB3cm90 ZTo+IE9uIFRodXJzZGF5LCBKdWx5IDIwLCAyMDIzIGF0IDEwOjE3OjI24oCvUE0gVVRDLTQs IFNhd2Zpc2ggd3JvdGU6ID4gPiBPbiA3LzIwLzIzIDc6MDYgUE0sIENvdXJ0XzEgd3JvdGU6 ID4gPiA+IE9uIFRodXJzZGF5LCBKdWx5IDIwLCAyMDIzIGF0IDM6MzE6NTHigK9QTSBVVEMt NCwgU2F3ZmlzaCB3cm90ZTogPiA+ID4+IE9uIDcvMjAvMjMgMTI6MTAgUE0sIENvdXJ0XzEg d3JvdGU6ID4gPiA+Pj4gT24gVGh1cnNkYXksIEp1bHkgMjAsIDIwMjMgYXQgMzowMDozOeKA r1BNIFVUQy00LCBHcmFjY2h1cyB3cm90ZTogPiA+ID4+Pj4gT24gVGh1cnNkYXksIEp1bHkg MjAsIDIwMjMgYXQgMTE6MTA6MjXigK9BTSBVVEMtNywgU2F3ZmlzaCB3cm90ZTogPiA+ID4+ Pj4gPiA+ID4+Pj4+IEkgdGhpbmsgQWxjYXJheiBkb2VzIG5vdCBoYXZlIHRoZSBsZXZlbCBv ZiBzZWxmLWRvdWJ0IHRoZXNlIG90aGVyIGd1eXMgPiA+ID4+Pj4+IGhhdmUuIERqb2sgc2Vs ZG9tIGhhcyBhbnkgZG91YnQtLWJ1dCBoZSB3aWxsIG5vdywgdnMgQWxjYXJhei4gPiA+ID4+ Pj4+IEkgaG9wZSBoZSBjYW4gYmVhdCBBbGNhcmF6IG9uZSBtb3JlIHRpbWUgaW4gYSBtYWpv cnMgZmluYWwuIEl0J3MgZ29vZCB0byA+ID4gPj4+Pj4gcXVpdCBhZnRlciBoYXZpbmcgZ290 IHJpZCBvZiB0aGF0IGRvdWJ0LiA+ID4gPj4+PiBCZXR0ZXIgdGhhdCBBbGNhcmF6IGNydXNo ZXMgaGltIGZsYXQgaW4gYSBzdHJhaWdodC1zZXQgZmluYWwsIHNpbGVuY2luZyBhbnkgZGVz cGVyYXRlIHRvIHRoaW5rIFN1bmRheSdzIHJlc3VsdCBjYW1lIGZyb20gdGhlIHdpbmQgb3Ig b3RoZXIgc3VjaCBmb29saXNobmVzcy4gTGV0IHRoZSBiYXN0YXJkIGN1cCBoaXMgbGl0dGxl IHJvdW5kIGVhciB0byB0aGUgY3Jvd2Qgd2l0aCBqZWVycyByaW5naW5nIGluIGl0IHRoaXMg dGltZS4gPiA+ID4+PiBIb25lc3RseSwgRGpva292aWMgaXMgYW4gYXRyb2Npb3VzIHdpbmQg cGxheWVyIGZvciBhbiBhbGwgdGltZSBncmVhdC4gWW91IGNhbid0IHVzZSBpdCBhcyBhbiBl eGN1c2UgZm9yIGhpcyBsb3NzIGFzIGJvdGggcGxheWVycyBoYWQgdG8gZGVhbCB3aXRoIHRo ZSB3aW5kIGJ1dCBpdCBpcyBhIGZhY3QgdGhhdCBEam9rb3ZpYywgZm9yIGFsbCBvZiBoaXMg c21hcnRzIG9uIGEgdGVubmlzIGNvdXJ0IGFuZCBhbGwgb2YgdGhlIGltcHJvdmVtZW50cyBo ZSBjb250aW51YWxseSBtYWtlcywgaGFzbid0IG1hc3RlcmVkIHdpbmR5IGNvbmRpdGlvbnMu IElmIHRoZSByb29mIHdhcyBjbG9zZWQgd291bGQgdGhlIHJlc3VsdHMgaGF2ZSBiZWVuIGRp ZmZlcmVudD8gTWF5YmUuID4gPiA+PiBUaGlzIGlzIG5vIGtub2NrLCBidXQgc2luY2UgdGhl IGZpbmFsIHNldmVyYWwgcGVvcGxlIHNheSB0aGF0IERqb2sgaXMgYSA+ID4gPj4gbm90b3Jp b3VzIHBvb3Igd2luZCBwbGF5ZXIsIGJ1dCBvbiB3aGF0IG9iamVjdGl2ZSBtZXRyaWMgaXMg dGhhdCBiYXNlZD8gPiA+ID4+ID4gPiA+PiBVbnN1cHBvcnRlZCBzdGF0ZW1lbnRzIGFyZSBp biB0aGUgY2F0ZWdvcnkgb2YgImNvbW1vbiBrbm93bGVkZ2UiIG9mID4gPiA+PiB3aGljaCBJ IGFtIHNrZXB0aWNhbCB1bnRpbCBJIGF0IGxlYXN0IHNlZSBzb21lIGtpbmQgb2Ygc3VwcG9y dC4gPiA+ID4gQXJlIHlvdSBzZXJpb3VzPyBXaGF0IG9iamVjdGl2ZSBtZXRyaWMgaXMgaXQg YmFzZWQgb24/IFlvdSd2ZSBmb2xsb3dlZCB0ZW5uaXMgZm9yIGFsbCB0aGVzZSB5ZWFycyBh bmQgeW91IGFyZW4ndCBhd2FyZSBvZiB0aGUgZmFjdCB0aGF0IERqb2tvdmljIHVuZGVycGVy Zm9ybXMgYW5kIGlzIHZpc2libHkgdW5jb21mb3J0YWJsZSBwbGF5aW5nIGluIHdpbmR5IGNv bmRpdGlvbnM/ID4gPiBZZXMsIEknbSBzZXJpb3VzLCBhbmQgbm88IEknZCBuZXZlciBzZWVu IGV2aWRlbmNlIG9mIGl0LiA+ID4gPiA+IEkgbmV2ZXIgaGVhcmQgb2YgaXQgdW50aWwgc29t ZW9uZSB3cm90ZSBpdCBoZXJlLiA+ID4gPiA+ID4gPiBJdCdzIGJlZW4gdGFsa2VkIGFib3V0 IG9uIHNvY2lhbCBtZWRpYSBhbmQgYnkgY29tbWVudGF0b3JzIGZvciBhIGxvbmcgdGltZS4g RGpva292aWMgaGltc2VsZiBoYXMgdGFsa2VkIGFib3V0IGl0LiBZb3UgY2FuIGFjdHVhbGx5 IHNlZSBoaXMgZGlzZGFpbiBmb3Igd2luZHkgY29uZGl0aW9ucyBkdXJpbmcgdGhlIHRpbWVz IGhlIGhhcyB0byBwbGF5IGJpZyBtYXRjaGVzIHdoZW4gaXQncyB3aW5keS4gSXQncyBvbmUg b2YgdGhvc2UgdGhpbmdzIHRoYXQncyBhcyB3ZWxsLWtub3duIGFib3V0IERqb2tvdmljIGFz IGhpcyBtaXNhZHZlbnR1cmVzIHdpdGggb3ZlcmhlYWRzLiA+ID4gSSBqdXN0IGRpZCBhIGNv dXBsZSBvZiBzZWFyY2hlczogImRvZXMgZGpva292aWMgaGF2ZSB0cm91YmxlIGluIHRoZSA+ ID4gd2luZCIgYW5kICJkam9rb3ZpYyBpbiB0aGUgd2luZCIgYW5kIHRoZSBvbmx5IG1lbnRp b24gSSBzZWUgcmVsYXRlcyB0byA+ID4gdGhlIDIwMjMgZmluYWwsIDIwMjEgTW9udGUgQ2Fy bG8uID4gPiA+ID4gU28gZmFyLCBJIGhhdmUgeW91ciB3b3JkIHRoYXQgaXQncyBhIHdlbGwt a25vd24gZmFjdC4gPiA+ID4gPiA+ID4gQXMgZm9yIHdoeSBoZSB0ZW5kcyB0byBwbGF5IHBv b3JseSBpbiB3aW5keSBjb25kaXRpb25zLCB0aGF0J3MgZm9yIHNvbWVib2R5IGVsc2UgdG8g Z28gaW50byBpbiBtb3JlIGRldGFpbC4gTWF5YmUgYSBiaWcgRGpva292aWMgZmFuIGxpa2Ug UGVsbGUgY2FuIHNoZWQgc29tZSBsaWdodCBvbiBpdD8gSSd2ZSByZWFkIGEgbG90IG9mIGRp ZmZlcmVudCB0aGVvcmllcyBvdmVyIHRoZSB5ZWFycyBhcyB0byB3aHkgdGhlIHdpbmQgYWZm ZWN0cyBoaXMgZ2FtZSBpbiBwYXJ0aWN1bGFyKGkuZS4gYmVjYXVzZSBoZSdzIGEgbWFzdGVy IGF0IHJlLWRpcmVjdGluZyB0aGUgYmFsbCwgdGhlIHdpbmQgZ2V0cyBpbiB0aGUgd2F5IG9m IHRoYXQgc2tpbGwgZm9yIGhpbS4pIFlvdSBjYW4gZ28gYW55d2hlcmUgb24gdGhlIGludGVy bmV0IHdoZXJlIHRoZXJlIGlzIHRlbm5pcyBkaXNjdXNzaW9uIGFuZCBzZWUgdG9ucyBvZiB0 aGVvcmllcyBhYm91dCBpdCBpZiB0aGF0J3Mgd2hhdCBmbG9hdHMgeW91ciBib2F0LiBNYXli ZSBoaXMgcGFyZW50cyBsb2NrZWQgaGltIGluIGEgY2VsbGFyIGFzIGEga2lkIHdoZW4gaGUg bG9zdCBhIG1hdGNoIGFuZCB0dXJuZWQgb24gYSB3aW5kIG1hY2hpbmUgdG8gdG9ybWVudCBo aW0/ID4gPiA+ID4gPiA+IFdobyBrbm93cyBidXQgaGlzIHRyb3VibGVzIGluIHdpbmR5IGNv bmRpdGlvbnMgYXJlIHdlbGwta25vd24gdGhhdCdzIGZvciBzdXJlLiA+ID4gTm90IHRoYXQg SSBjYW4gc2VlIHlldC4+IFdlbGwsIHRyeSBoYXJkZXIuIEl0J3MgdGhlcmUgYW5kIGlzIHdl bGwta25vd24uIEFzIEkgc2FpZCwgRGpva292aWMgaGltc2VsZiBoYXMgcmVmZXJyZWQgdG8g aGlzIGRpc2xpa2Ugb2Ygd2luZHkgY29uZGl0aW9ucy4gQ29tbWVudGF0b3JzIGhhdmUgYmVl biB0YWxraW5nIGFib3V0IGl0IGZvciBhIGRlY2FkZS4gPiA+IFdlIHNlZSB0aGluZ3MgZGlm ZmVyZW50bHkuIFlvdSBkaWRuJ3Qgc2VlIGFueSBpc3N1ZXMgRGpva292aWMgaGFkIHdpdGgg dGhlIHdpbmQgaW4gdGhlIFdpbWJsZWRvbiBmaW5hbCBhbmQgSSBkaWRuJ3Qgc2VlIGFueSBi aWcgRGpva292aWMgYWdlIGZhY3RvcnMgaW4gdGhhdCBtYXRjaC5BbmQgRmVkZXJlciBhbmQg TmFkYWwgYWRtaXR0ZWQgdG8gbG92ZSBwbGF5aW5nIGluIHRoZSB3aW5kPw0KPg0KPg0KPiBJ IGd1ZXNzIG5vYm9keSBsaWtlcyBpZiByZWFsbHksIGJ1dCBOYWRhbCB3aXRoIGhpcyB0b3Bz cGluIGFuZCBzYWZldHkgbWFyZ2lucyBpcyBsZWFzdCBhZmZlY3RlZC4NCj4NCj4NCj4NCj4g aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cudGhlZ3VhcmRpYW4uY29tL3Nwb3J0LzIwMDkvbWFyLzIzL2FuZHktbXVy cmF5LXJhZmFlbC1uYWRhbC1hdHAtbWFzdGVycy1zZXJpZXMtdGVubmlzDQo+DQo+IE11cnJh eSBvdXRjbGFzc2VkIGFzIE5hZGFsIGNsYWltcyBNYXN0ZXJzIHRpdGxlIGluIEluZGlhbiBX ZWxscw0KPg0KPiAgIFNwYW5pYXJkIHdpbnMgY29tZm9ydGFibHksIDYtMSwgNi0yDQo+ICAg U2NvdCBmYWlscyB0byBoYW5kbGUgd2luZHkgY29uZGl0aW9ucw0KPg0KPg0KPg0KPiBUaGUg ZmxhdGVyIHlvdSBoaXQsIHRoZSBtb3JlIHlvdSdyZSB0cm91YmxlZCBieSB0aGUgd2luZC4N Cg0KWW91IGJvdGgga25vdyB0aGUgd2F5IGl0IHdvcmtzLiBUUyBraW5kYSAiYml0ZXMiIGlm IHRoZSBSUE1zIGFyZSANCnJlbGF0aXZlbHkgaGlnaCBhbmQgaWYgeW91IGVpdGhlciBoaXQg dGhlIGJhbGwgaGFyZGVyLCBhbmQvb3IgaW50byB0aGUgDQp3aW5kLCBpdCB0ZW5kcyB0byBk cm9wIGZhc3QgYXQgdGhlIGVuZCBvZiB0aGUgdHJhamVjdG9yeS4NCg0KSSBkaWRuJ3QgaGl0 IGZsYXQgc28gSSBkb24ndCBrbm93IGZpcnN0IGhhbmQsIGJ1dCBJJ2Qgc3VwcG9zZSBpdCB3 YXMgDQpzb21ldGhpbmcgbGlrZSBoYWxmd2F5IGJldHdlZW4gc2xpY2UgKG1pZ2h0ICpyaXNl KiBpbnRvIHRoZSB3aW5kKSBhbmQgVFMgDQooZHJvcCBmYXN0ZXIgdGhhbiBubyB3aW5kKS4N Cg0KVGhvc2UgcG9vciBndXlzIHdpdGggYSBoaWdoIHNlcnZpY2UgdG9zcywgaXQncyBwcm9i YWJseSByZWFsbHkgdG91Z2guDQoNCg0KLS0gDQp+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+ fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn4NCiJX aGVuIEkgd2FzIGJhY2sgdGhlcmUgaW4gc2VtaW5hcnkgc2Nob29sLCB0aGVyZSB3YXMgYSBw ZXJzb24gdGhlcmUgd2hvIHB1dCBmb3J0aCB0aGUgcHJvcG9zaXRpb24gdGhhdCB5b3UgY2Fu IHBldGl0aW9uIHRoZSBMb3JkIHdpdGggcHJheWVyLi4uDQoNCiJQZXRpdGlvbiB0aGUgbG9y ZCB3aXRoIHByYXllci4uLg0KDQoiUGV0aXRpb24gdGhlIGxvcmQgd2l0aCBwcmF5ZXIuLi4N Cg0KIllPVSBDQU5OT1QgUEVUSVRJT04gVEhFIExPUkQgV0lUSCBQUkFZRVIhIg0KDQotLVNh d2Zpc2gNCg0K

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From *skriptis@21:1/5 to Sawfish on Fri Jul 21 14:26:24 2023
    Sawfish <sawfish666@gmail.com> Wrote in message:r
    On 7/20/23 8:20 PM, Court_1 wrote:> On Thursday, July 20, 2023 at 11:15:01 PM UTC-4, Sawfish wrote:>> On 7/20/23 7:55 PM, Court_1 wrote:>>>>> Who knows but his troubles in windy conditions are well-known that's for sure.>>>> Not that I can see yet.>>>
    Well, try harder. It's there and is well-known.>> You say...> I'm not making it up, lol. It IS well-known.>>>>>> As I said, Djokovic himself has referred to his dislike of windy conditions. Commentators have been talking about it for a decade.>> Not
    that I found.>>> We see things differently. You didn't see any issues Djokovic had with the wind>> Oh, I saw it a bit.>>>> It was the same wind that Alcaraz dealt with, is how I saw it.>>> in the Wimbledon final and I didn't see any big Djokovic age
    factors in that match.>> So you did get around to watching it?> I agree that it was the same wind Alcaraz dealt with but that doesn't change the reality that for whatever reason, Djokovic hates and has issues with windy conditions. Grif, are you there?
    You're a big Djokovic fan. Tell Sawfish what you know on the subject of Djokovic's struggles with the wind.>> Ok, I have to go stack the dishwasher and read a bit before bed.I'm reading McCarthy's next to last novel, The Passenger. I forget just how good
    he can be. This is not one of them, but was still no waste of time.>> Ciao.I'm going to drop the thread, Court. Neither one of us will give in, it's relatively unimportant (it is what it is), and I don't want to argue anymore. But no hard feelings, for
    sure.I'll be on another thread, maybe after we see some more of both guys.

I feel you're missing the big picture here.

Everyone has an ego and it's almost normal that they want to take credits for their predictions or brag that they saw something which others didn't.

And then there are some with an agenda.

Whrkdr wants to absolve Federer from his loss.

--

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Sawfish@21:1/5 to All on Fri Jul 21 05:17:53 2023
    On 7/20/23 8:20 PM, Court_1 wrote:
    On Thursday, July 20, 2023 at 11:15:01 PM UTC-4, Sawfish wrote:
    Not that I can see yet.
    You say...

Not that I found.
    Oh, I saw it a bit.

I agree that it was the same wind Alcaraz dealt with but that doesn't change the reality that for whatever reason, Djokovic hates and has issues with windy conditions. Grif, are you there? You're a big Djokovic fan. Tell Sawfish what you know on the

I'm reading McCarthy's next to last novel, The Passenger. I forget just
    how good he can be. This is not one of them, but was still no waste of time.

Ciao.

I'm going to drop the thread, Court. Neither one of us will give in,
    it's relatively unimportant (it is what it is), and I don't want to
    argue anymore. But no hard feelings, for sure.

I'll be on another thread, maybe after we see some more of both guys.

--
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ I’ve seen things you people wouldn’t believe.

Barbecue grills on fire behind the condominiums that line the 9th fairway.

I watched casual strollers slip on dog excrement on the boardwalk near the amusement pier.

All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Time for lunch.

--Sawfish

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Sawfish@21:1/5 to All on Fri Jul 21 05:44:01 2023
    T24gNy8yMS8yMyA1OjI2IEFNLCAqc2tyaXB0aXMgd3JvdGU6DQo+IFNhd2Zpc2ggPHNhd2Zp c2g2NjZAZ21haWwuY29tPiBXcm90ZSBpbiBtZXNzYWdlOnINCj4+IE9uIDcvMjAvMjMgODoy MCBQTSwgQ291cnRfMSB3cm90ZTo+IE9uIFRodXJzZGF5LCBKdWx5IDIwLCAyMDIzIGF0IDEx OjE1OjAx4oCvUE0gVVRDLTQsIFNhd2Zpc2ggd3JvdGU6Pj4gT24gNy8yMC8yMyA3OjU1IFBN LCBDb3VydF8xIHdyb3RlOj4+Pj4+IFdobyBrbm93cyBidXQgaGlzIHRyb3VibGVzIGluIHdp bmR5IGNvbmRpdGlvbnMgYXJlIHdlbGwta25vd24gdGhhdCdzIGZvciBzdXJlLj4+Pj4gTm90 IHRoYXQgSSBjYW4gc2VlIHlldC4+Pj4gV2VsbCwgdHJ5IGhhcmRlci4gSXQncyB0aGVyZSBh bmQgaXMgd2VsbC1rbm93bi4+PiBZb3Ugc2F5Li4uPiBJJ20gbm90IG1ha2luZyBpdCB1cCwg bG9sLiBJdCBJUyB3ZWxsLWtub3duLj4+Pj4+PiBBcyBJIHNhaWQsIERqb2tvdmljIGhpbXNl bGYgaGFzIHJlZmVycmVkIHRvIGhpcyBkaXNsaWtlIG9mIHdpbmR5IGNvbmRpdGlvbnMuIENv bW1lbnRhdG9ycyBoYXZlIGJlZW4gdGFsa2luZyBhYm91dCBpdCBmb3IgYSBkZWNhZGUuPj4g Tm90IHRoYXQgSSBmb3VuZC4+Pj4gV2Ugc2VlIHRoaW5ncyBkaWZmZXJlbnRseS4gWW91IGRp ZG4ndCBzZWUgYW55IGlzc3VlcyBEam9rb3ZpYyBoYWQgd2l0aCB0aGUgd2luZD4+IE9oLCBJ IHNhdyBpdCBhIGJpdC4+Pj4+IEl0IHdhcyB0aGUgc2FtZSB3aW5kIHRoYXQgQWxjYXJheiBk ZWFsdCB3aXRoLCBpcyBob3cgSSBzYXcgaXQuPj4+IGluIHRoZSBXaW1ibGVkb24gZmluYWwg YW5kIEkgZGlkbid0IHNlZSBhbnkgYmlnIERqb2tvdmljIGFnZSBmYWN0b3JzIGluIHRoYXQg bWF0Y2guPj4gU28geW91IGRpZCBnZXQgYXJvdW5kIHRvIHdhdGNoaW5nIGl0Pz4gSSBhZ3Jl ZSB0aGF0IGl0IHdhcyB0aGUgc2FtZSB3aW5kIEFsY2FyYXogZGVhbHQgd2l0aCBidXQgdGhh dCBkb2Vzbid0IGNoYW5nZSB0aGUgcmVhbGl0eSB0aGF0IGZvciB3aGF0ZXZlciByZWFzb24s IERqb2tvdmljIGhhdGVzIGFuZCBoYXMgaXNzdWVzIHdpdGggd2luZHkgY29uZGl0aW9ucy4g R3JpZiwgYXJlIHlvdSB0aGVyZT8gWW91J3JlIGEgYmlnIERqb2tvdmljIGZhbi4gVGVsbCBT YXdmaXNoIHdoYXQgeW91IGtub3cgb24gdGhlIHN1YmplY3Qgb2YgRGpva292aWMncyBzdHJ1 Z2dsZXMgd2l0aCB0aGUgd2luZC4+PiBPaywgSSBoYXZlIHRvIGdvIHN0YWNrIHRoZSBkaXNo d2FzaGVyIGFuZCByZWFkIGEgYml0IGJlZm9yZSBiZWQuSSdtIHJlYWRpbmcgTWNDYXJ0aHkn cyBuZXh0IHRvIGxhc3Qgbm92ZWwsIFRoZSBQYXNzZW5nZXIuIEkgZm9yZ2V0IGp1c3QgaG93 IGdvb2QgaGUgY2FuIGJlLiBUaGlzIGlzIG5vdCBvbmUgb2YgdGhlbSwgYnV0IHdhcyBzdGls bCBubyB3YXN0ZSBvZiB0aW1lLj4+IENpYW8uSSdtIGdvaW5nIHRvIGRyb3AgdGhlIHRocmVh ZCwgQ291cnQuIE5laXRoZXIgb25lIG9mIHVzIHdpbGwgZ2l2ZSBpbiwgaXQncyByZWxhdGl2 ZWx5IHVuaW1wb3J0YW50IChpdCBpcyB3aGF0IGl0IGlzKSwgYW5kIEkgZG9uJ3Qgd2FudCB0 byBhcmd1ZSBhbnltb3JlLiBCdXQgbm8gaGFyZCBmZWVsaW5ncywgZm9yIHN1cmUuSSdsbCBi ZSBvbiBhbm90aGVyIHRocmVhZCwgbWF5YmUgYWZ0ZXIgd2Ugc2VlIHNvbWUgbW9yZSBvZiBi b3RoIGd1eXMuDQo+DQo+IEkgZmVlbCB5b3UncmUgbWlzc2luZyB0aGUgYmlnIHBpY3R1cmUg aGVyZS4NClZlcnkgcG9zc2libGUuDQo+DQo+IEV2ZXJ5b25lIGhhcyBhbiBlZ28NCg0KWWVw IGFuZCBtaW5lJ3Mgbm90IGhlcmUsIG1vc3RseS4NCg0KVXN1YWxseSB3aGVuIEkgZ2V0IHdv cmtlZCB1cCBpdCdzIGJlY2F1c2Ugb2YgYWJzdXJkaXR5LiBJdCBzZWVtcyBsaWtlIA0Kc29t ZXRoaW5nIHRoYXQgYnkgdGhlIGxhd3Mgb2YgcGh5c2ljcyBjYW5ub3QgYmU7IG5ldmVyIGhh cywgbmV2ZXIgd2lsbC4gDQpUaGlzIGlzIGFuIG9mZmVuc2UgdG8gbWFua2luZCdzIHN0cnVn Z2xlIGFnYWluc3QgY2hhb3MuLi4gOl4pDQoNClRoZSBvdGhlciB0aW1lIGFyZSB3aGVuIEkg ZmVlbCB0aGF0IHBlb3BsZSBhcmUgb3V0IHRvIGdldCBtZSwgDQpwZXJzb25hbGx5LiBLaW5k IG9mIGEgQmFsa2FuIHRoaW5nLCBodWg/DQoNCjteKQ0KDQo+IGFuZCBpdCdzIGFsbW9zdCBu b3JtYWwgdGhhdCB0aGV5IHdhbnQgdG8gdGFrZSBjcmVkaXRzIGZvciB0aGVpciBwcmVkaWN0 aW9ucyBvciBicmFnIHRoYXQgdGhleSBzYXcgc29tZXRoaW5nIHdoaWNoIG90aGVycyBkaWRu J3QuDQo+DQo+IEFuZCB0aGVuIHRoZXJlIGFyZSBzb21lIHdpdGggYW4gYWdlbmRhLg0KVXN1 YWxseSBJIGRvbid0IGNhcmUgc28gbG9uZyBhcyBpdCdzIG5vdCBhYnN1cmQgb3IgcGVyc29u YWwuDQo+DQo+DQo+IFdocmtkciB3YW50cyB0byBhYnNvbHZlIEZlZGVyZXIgZnJvbSBoaXMg bG9zcy4NCj4NCj4NCj4NCj4NCg0KLS0gDQotLVNhd2Zpc2gNCn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+ fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+ fn5+fg0KICAgICAgICAgIklmIHRoZXJlJ3Mgb25lIHRoaW5nIEkgY2FuJ3Qgc3RhbmQsIGl0 J3MgaW50b2xlcmFuY2UuIg0Kfn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+ fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+fn5+DQoNCg==

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Court_1@21:1/5 to Sawfish on Fri Jul 21 21:06:10 2023
    On Friday, July 21, 2023 at 8:17:57 AM UTC-4, Sawfish wrote:

You say...

Not that I found.
    Oh, I saw it a bit.

I'm reading McCarthy's next to last novel, The Passenger. I forget just
    how good he can be. This is not one of them, but was still no waste of time.

I really dislike Cormac McCarthy's writing style. Many years ago I tried to read The Road and I hated it. I didn't finish it.

I'm going to drop the thread, Court. Neither one of us will give in,
    it's relatively unimportant (it is what it is), and I don't want to
    argue anymore. But no hard feelings, for sure.

I'll be on another thread, maybe after we see some more of both guys.

It's not a matter of giving in. It's an established thing that Djokovic struggles with windy conditions. Grif posted some things in another thread where Djokovic's hatred of windy conditions for match play were discussed, parodied, etc.

I'm not sure how you missed it. It's been extensively talked about for years.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05