• Great final!

From Whisper@21:1/5 to All on Mon Jul 17 03:56:32 2023
    Novak amazing to get this close at age 36. Good chance this is the end
    of Novak's slam winning days. Carlos will be hot fave to retain USO and
    Novak 37 next yr, very old for a tennis player despite his amazing health.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Sawfish@21:1/5 to Whisper on Sun Jul 16 11:17:25 2023
    On 7/16/23 10:56 AM, Whisper wrote:

Novak amazing to get this close at age 36.  Good chance this is the
    end of Novak's slam winning days.  Carlos will be hot fave to retain
    USO and Novak 37 next yr, very old for a tennis player despite his
    amazing health.

For the first time, clearly, Djok looked all of 36.

One of the telling factors was that Alcaraz won in the *front* half of
    the court. He has the best short court game I've seen and for an older
    guy, having to come to the forecourt after drop shots or touch volleys
    was a significant factor. Cumulatively, it sapped Djok.

The boy has A LOT of game, that's for sure.

--
    "It is Pointless, and endless Trouble, to cast a stone at every dog
    that barks at you."

--Sawfish

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From TT@21:1/5 to All on Sun Jul 16 21:29:01 2023
    Sawfish kirjoitti 16.7.2023 klo 21.17:

amazing health.

Yes, I thought so too.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Shakes@21:1/5 to Whisper on Sun Jul 16 12:35:54 2023
    On Sunday, July 16, 2023 at 10:56:40 AM UTC-7, Whisper wrote:
    of Novak's slam winning days. Carlos will be hot fave to retain USO and Novak 37 next yr, very old for a tennis player despite his amazing health.

I thought 2019 F was better in overall quality over 5 sets. Today, I thought the 1st and 3rd sets were a letdown.

I picked Djok in 5 in the pre-final poll. He had a chance early in the 5th set when he missed 2 relatively easy shots in one of Alcaraz's service games. But I am not disappointed as Alcaraz is an exciting player, and a good kid. Good for the game. Now
    all he needs is a young rival.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From grif@21:1/5 to Shakes on Sun Jul 16 20:48:37 2023
    On 16/07/2023 20:35, Shakes wrote:

I thought 2019 F was better in overall quality over 5 sets. Today, I thought the 1st and 3rd sets were a letdown.

I picked Djok in 5 in the pre-final poll. He had a chance early in the 5th set when he missed 2 relatively easy shots in one of Alcaraz's service games. But I am not disappointed as Alcaraz is an exciting player, and a good kid. Good for the game. Now

Alcaraz's draw was not easy. I was surprised how comfortably he dispatched Rune. Rune seems to perform disappointingly in the latter stages of slams.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Sawfish@21:1/5 to grif on Sun Jul 16 13:13:39 2023
    On 7/16/23 12:48 PM, grif wrote:
    Novak 37 next yr, very old for a tennis player despite his amazing
    health.

I thought 2019 F was better in overall quality over 5 sets. Today, I
    thought the 1st and 3rd sets were a letdown.

I picked Djok in 5 in the pre-final poll. He had a chance early in
    the 5th set when he missed 2 relatively easy shots in one of
    Alcaraz's service games. But I am not disappointed as Alcaraz is an
    exciting player, and a good kid. Good for the game. Now all he needs
    is a young rival.

Alcaraz's draw was not easy. I was surprised how comfortably he
    dispatched Rune. Rune seems to perform disappointingly in the latter
    stages of slams.

After losing the 1st set, Rune packed it in. It was about as clear as
    anything like that I've seen.

--
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Favorite tattoo:

BORN TOULOUSE

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From PeteWasLucky@21:1/5 to Sawfish on Sun Jul 16 13:27:44 2023
    On Sunday, July 16, 2023 at 9:17:30 PM UTC+3, Sawfish wrote:

Novak amazing to get this close at age 36. Good chance this is the
    end of Novak's slam winning days. Carlos will be hot fave to retain
    amazing health.

--
    that barks at you."

--Sawfish
    Court says age isn't an issue

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From *skriptis@21:1/5 to PeteWasLucky on Sun Jul 16 22:59:12 2023
    PeteWasLucky <waleed.khedr@gmail.com> Wrote in message:
    On Sunday, July 16, 2023 at 9:17:30 PM UTC+3, Sawfish wrote:> On 7/16/23 10:56 AM, Whisper wrote: > > > > Novak amazing to get this close at age 36. Good chance this is the > > end of Novak's slam winning days. Carlos will be hot fave to retain > >
    USO and Novak 37 next yr, very old for a tennis player despite his > > amazing health.> For the first time, clearly, Djok looked all of 36. > > One of the telling factors was that Alcaraz won in the *front* half of > the court. He has the best short
    court game I've seen and for an older > guy, having to come to the forecourt after drop shots or touch volleys > was a significant factor. Cumulatively, it sapped Djok. > > The boy has A LOT of game, that's for sure. > > -- > "It is Pointless, and
    endless Trouble, to cast a stone at every dog > that barks at you." > > --SawfishCourt says age isn't an issue

Everything is an issue, but you have to measure the factors well.

What drains and affects particular player's game?

He might have prevailed today if he had been younger, no doubt, they ended up with 3-4 pts difference so no one can deny 16 years difference, but otoh as younger he might have totally collapsed entire match not just set 2 and 3. How about that? You'd
    want fresher legs but you might get murkier head?

Djokovic game is all about precision, wind totally blows it. It's not even clay where you can spin your way out of it and work around.

It's death on grass to deal with bad timing plus bad bounce. Imo he should have been more offensive and reckless in parts of the match, as it was futile to rally while at such disadvantage, but it's just me.

Anyway wind was 90% of the score, but it's retarded to say it out loud so he won't do it. As they would say, wind was for both, no?

But if you get the game, you know it hurt him a lot more than Alcaraz, it negated his main advantage.

For sure situation changes rapidly, almost daily, and Alcaraz is growing stronger and stronger as we speak, but today, you just close a roof or have a nice calm day and Djokovic dominates on his serve and it's very easy for him.

Sets 4 and 5 were even and they were played in relatively calmer conditions.

Was he old when he came back vs Murray at USO 2012 from 0-2 only then to lose meekly in the fifth?

I've watched a lot of matches and scoring dynamics among the big 3 or big 4 has taught me that coming back from 1-2 behind is the most difficult thing, it almost never happens.

It's only sometimes possible as an overall 0-2 comeback but big 3 or big 4 have never turned around 0-2 against each other.

Alcaraz was shit in set 1, and was better player in set 2, but in a non-windy conditions Djokovic steals that set 2 tiebreak and is 2-0.

At that point it doesn't matter anymore, he wins one of the next 3 sets, regardless which one.

And he didn't win that tiebreak due to wind fucking with his "superpowers" in tiebreak.

It's also partially lack of hunger, at least subconsciously, similar to Federer at USO 2009 vs del Potro.

--

----Android NewsGroup Reader---- https://piaohong.s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/usenet/index.html

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From gapp111@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Sun Jul 16 14:05:30 2023
    On Sunday, July 16, 2023 at 4:59:12 PM UTC-4, *skriptis wrote:
    PeteWasLucky <waleed...@gmail.com> Wrote in message:
    On Sunday, July 16, 2023 at 9:17:30 PM UTC+3, Sawfish wrote:> On 7/16/23 10:56 AM, Whisper wrote: > > > > Novak amazing to get this close at age 36. Good chance this is the > > end of Novak's slam winning days. Carlos will be hot fave to retain > >
    USO and Novak 37 next yr, very old for a tennis player despite his > > amazing health.> For the first time, clearly, Djok looked all of 36. > > One of the telling factors was that Alcaraz won in the *front* half of > the court. He has the best short
    court game I've seen and for an older > guy, having to come to the forecourt after drop shots or touch volleys > was a significant factor. Cumulatively, it sapped Djok. > > The boy has A LOT of game, that's for sure. > > -- > "It is Pointless, and
    endless Trouble, to cast a stone at every dog > that barks at you." > > --SawfishCourt says age isn't an issue

He might have prevailed today if he had been younger, no doubt, they ended up with 3-4 pts difference so no one can deny 16 years difference, but otoh as younger he might have totally collapsed entire match not just set 2 and 3. How about that? You'd

Djokovic game is all about precision, wind totally blows it. It's not even clay where you can spin your way out of it and work around.

It's death on grass to deal with bad timing plus bad bounce. Imo he should have been more offensive and reckless in parts of the match, as it was futile to rally while at such disadvantage, but it's just me.

Anyway wind was 90% of the score, but it's retarded to say it out loud so he won't do it. As they would say, wind was for both, no?

But if you get the game, you know it hurt him a lot more than Alcaraz, it negated his main advantage.

For sure situation changes rapidly, almost daily, and Alcaraz is growing stronger and stronger as we speak, but today, you just close a roof or have a nice calm day and Djokovic dominates on his serve and it's very easy for him.

Was he old when he came back vs Murray at USO 2012 from 0-2 only then to lose meekly in the fifth?

I've watched a lot of matches and scoring dynamics among the big 3 or big 4 has taught me that coming back from 1-2 behind is the most difficult thing, it almost never happens.

It's only sometimes possible as an overall 0-2 comeback but big 3 or big 4 have never turned around 0-2 against each other.

Alcaraz was shit in set 1, and was better player in set 2, but in a non-windy conditions Djokovic steals that set 2 tiebreak and is 2-0.

At that point it doesn't matter anymore, he wins one of the next 3 sets, regardless which one.

And he didn't win that tiebreak due to wind fucking with his "superpowers" in tiebreak.

It's also partially lack of hunger, at least subconsciously, similar to Federer at USO 2009 vs del Potro.

--

----Android NewsGroup Reader---- https://piaohong.s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/usenet/index.html

Good post, he was not at his best today, should OF won the second set? They stole three slams from him, so he is the GOAT! Fed next, clayboy at 3, Laver, Borg and $pEte follow?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From *skriptis@21:1/5 to skriptis@post.t-com.hr on Sun Jul 16 23:08:36 2023
    *skriptis <skriptis@post.t-com.hr> Wrote in message:r
    PeteWasLucky <waleed.khedr@gmail.com> Wrote in message:> On Sunday, July 16, 2023 at 9:17:30 PM UTC+3, Sawfish wrote:> On 7/16/23 10:56 AM, Whisper wrote: > > > > Novak amazing to get this close at age 36. Good chance this is the > > end of Novak's
    slam winning days. Carlos will be hot fave to retain > > USO and Novak 37 next yr, very old for a tennis player despite his > > amazing health.> For the first time, clearly, Djok looked all of 36. > > One of the telling factors was that Alcaraz won in
    the *front* half of > the court. He has the best short court game I've seen and for an older > guy, having to come to the forecourt after drop shots or touch volleys > was a significant factor. Cumulatively, it sapped Djok. > > The boy has A LOT of game,
    that's for sure. > > -- > "It is Pointless, and endless Trouble, to cast a stone at every dog > that barks at you." > > --SawfishCourt says age isn't an issueEverything is an issue, but you have to measure the factors well.What drains and affects
    particular player's game?He might have prevailed today if he had been younger, no doubt, they ended up with 3-4 pts difference so no one can deny 16 years difference, but otoh as younger he might have totally collapsed entire match not just set 2 and 3.
    How about that? You'd want fresher legs but you might get murkier head?Djokovic game is all about precision, wind totally blows it. It's not even clay where you can spin your way out of it and work around.It's death on grass to deal with bad timing plus
    bad bounce. Imo he should have been more offensive and reckless in parts of the match, as it was futile to rally while at such disadvantage, but it's just me.Anyway wind was 90% of the score, but it's retarded to say it out loud so he won't do it. As
    they would say, wind was for both, no?But if you get the game, you know it hurt him a lot more than Alcaraz, it negated his main advantage.For sure situation changes rapidly, almost daily, and Alcaraz is growing stronger and stronger as we speak, but
    today, you just close a roof or have a nice calm day and Djokovic dominates on his serve and it's very easy for him.Sets 4 and 5 were even and they were played in relatively calmer conditions.Was he old when he came back vs Murray at USO 2012 from 0-2
    only then to lose meekly in the fifth?I've watched a lot of matches and scoring dynamics among the big 3 or big 4 has taught me that coming back from 1-2 behind is the most difficult thing, it almost never happens.It's only sometimes possible as an
    overall 0-2 comeback but big 3 or big 4 have never turned around 0-2 against each other.Alcaraz was shit in set 1, and was better player in set 2, but in a non-windy conditions Djokovic steals that set 2 tiebreak and is 2-0.At that point it doesn't
    matter anymore, he wins one of the next 3 sets, regardless which one.And he didn't win that tiebreak due to wind fucking with his "superpowers" in tiebreak.It's also partially lack of hunger, at least subconsciously, similar to Federer at USO 2009 vs del
    Potro.-- ----Android NewsGroup Reader----https://piaohong.s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/usenet/index.html

I might just add, someone like Edberg, nice kick serve and great volleying skills would have been largely unaffected by these conditions today.

Alcaraz had kickier serve and uses more topsin.

So in a way you could claim Djokovic wasn't good enough technically, as opposed to Alcaraz to deal with everything today?

That's closer to the truth than mere age for this result.

Although I might add since severe winds cause matches to be interrupted then wgy would mild winds be a proper tests of skills? But it is what it is.

Federer bageled Nadal on clay in Hamburg 2007 because they played in mud, superslow clay, not very bouncing, Nadal had no zip on his topspin.

--

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From PeteWasLucky@21:1/5 to skriptis@post.t-com.hr on Mon Jul 17 00:58:44 2023
    PeteWasLucky <waleed.khedr@gmail.com> Wrote in message:> On Sunday, July 16, 2023 at 9:17:30PM UTC+3, Sawfish wrote:> On 7/16/23 10:56 AM, Whisper wrote: > > > > Novak amazing to get this close at age 36. Good chance this is the > > end of Novak's
    slam winning days. Carlos will be hot fave to retain > > USO and Novak 37 next yr, very old for a tennis player despite his > > amazing health.> For the first time, clearly, Djok looked all of 36. > > One of the telling factors was that Alcaraz won in
    the *front* half of > the court. He has the best short court game I've seen and for an older > guy, having to come to the forecourt after drop shots or touch volleys > was a significant factor. Cumulatively, it sapped Djok. > > The boy has A LOT of game,
    that's for sure. > > -- > "It is Pointless, and endless Trouble, to cast a stone at every dog > that barks at you." > > --SawfishCourt says age isn't an issueEverything is an issue, but you have to measure the factors well.What drains and affects
    particular player's game?He might have prevailed today if he had been younger, no doubt, they ended up with 3-4 pts difference so no one can deny 16 years difference, but otoh as younger he might have totally collapsed entire match not just set 2 and 3.
    How about that? You'd want fresher legs but you might get murkier head?Djokovic game is all about precision, wind totally blows it. It's not even clay where you can spin your way out of it and work around.It's death on grass to deal with bad timing plus
    bad bounce. Imo he should have been more offensive and reckless in parts of the match, as it was futile to rally while at such disadvantage, but it's just me.Anyway wind was 90% of the score, but it's retarded to say it out loud so he won't do it. As
    they would say, wind was for both, no?But if you get the game, you know it hurt him a lot more than Alcaraz, it negated his main advantage.For sure situation changes rapidly, almost daily, and Alcaraz is growing stronger and stronger as we speak, but
    today, you just close a roof or have a nice calm day and Djokovic dominates on his serve and it's very easy for him.Sets 4 and 5 were even and they were played in relatively calmer conditions.Was he old when he came back vs Murray at USO 2012 from 0-2
    only then to lose meekly in the fifth?I've watched a lot of matches and scoring dynamics among the big 3 or big 4 has taught me that coming back from 1-2 behind is the most difficult thing, it almost never happens.It's only sometimes possible as an
    overall 0-2 comeback but big 3 or big 4 have never turned around 0-2 against each other.Alcaraz was shit in set 1, and was better player in set 2, but in a non-windy conditions Djokovic steals that set 2 tiebreak and is 2-0.At that point it doesn't
    matter anymore, he wins one of the next 3 sets, regardless which one.And he didn't win that tiebreak due to wind fucking with his "superpowers" in tiebreak.It's also partially lack of hunger, at least subconsciously, similar to Federer at USO 2009 vs del
    Potro.-- ----Android NewsGroup Reader----https://piaohong.s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/usenet/index.html

Three pages reply/post means emotions were high, take it easy. It's about time, first great youngster delivered a message, and this youngster had no experience on grass.
    This is why I gave full credit to Alcaraz.
    --

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From *skriptis@21:1/5 to gap...@gmail.com on Sun Jul 16 23:20:30 2023
    "gap...@gmail.com" <gapp111@gmail.com> Wrote in message:r
    On Sunday, July 16, 2023 at 4:59:12 PM UTC-4, *skriptis wrote:> PeteWasLucky <waleed...@gmail.com> Wrote in message: > > On Sunday, July 16, 2023 at 9:17:30 PM UTC+3, Sawfish wrote:> On 7/16/23 10:56 AM, Whisper wrote: > > > > Novak amazing to get
    this close at age 36. Good chance this is the > > end of Novak's slam winning days. Carlos will be hot fave to retain > > USO and Novak 37 next yr, very old for a tennis player despite his > > amazing health.> For the first time, clearly, Djok looked all
    of 36. > > One of the telling factors was that Alcaraz won in the *front* half of > the court. He has the best short court game I've seen and for an older > guy, having to come to the forecourt after drop shots or touch volleys > was a significant factor.
    Cumulatively, it sapped Djok. > > The boy has A LOT of game, that's for sure. > > -- > "It is Pointless, and endless Trouble, to cast a stone at every dog > that barks at you." > > --SawfishCourt says age isn't an issue > > > > > Everything is an issue,
    but you have to measure the factors well. > > What drains and affects particular player's game? > > > He might have prevailed today if he had been younger, no doubt, they ended up with 3-4 pts difference so no one can deny 16 years difference, but otoh
    as younger he might have totally collapsed entire match not just set 2 and 3. How about that? You'd want fresher legs but you might get murkier head? > > Djokovic game is all about precision, wind totally blows it. It's not even clay where you can spin
    your way out of it and work around. > > It's death on grass to deal with bad timing plus bad bounce. Imo he should have been more offensive and reckless in parts of the match, as it was futile to rally while at such disadvantage, but it's just me. > >
    Anyway wind was 90% of the score, but it's retarded to say it out loud so he won't do it. As they would say, wind was for both, no? > > But if you get the game, you know it hurt him a lot more than Alcaraz, it negated his main advantage. > > For sure
    situation changes rapidly, almost daily, and Alcaraz is growing stronger and stronger as we speak, but today, you just close a roof or have a nice calm day and Djokovic dominates on his serve and it's very easy for him. > > Sets 4 and 5 were even and
    they were played in relatively calmer conditions. > > > Was he old when he came back vs Murray at USO 2012 from 0-2 only then to lose meekly in the fifth? > > I've watched a lot of matches and scoring dynamics among the big 3 or big 4 has taught me that
    coming back from 1-2 behind is the most difficult thing, it almost never happens. > > It's only sometimes possible as an overall 0-2 comeback but big 3 or big 4 have never turned around 0-2 against each other. > > > > Alcaraz was shit in set 1, and was
    better player in set 2, but in a non-windy conditions Djokovic steals that set 2 tiebreak and is 2-0. > > At that point it doesn't matter anymore, he wins one of the next 3 sets, regardless which one. > > And he didn't win that tiebreak due to wind
    fucking with his "superpowers" in tiebreak. > > > It's also partially lack of hunger, at least subconsciously, similar to Federer at USO 2009 vs del Potro. > > > -- > > > > > ----Android NewsGroup Reader---- > https://piaohong.s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/
    usenet/index.htmlGood post, he was not at his best today, should OF won the second set? They stole three slams from him, so he is the GOAT! Fed next, clayboy at 3, Laver, Borg and $pEte follow?

They probably stole Wimbledon 2020 which they canceled, 80% he wins that. That was not against him personally they canceled it for everyone. But in the grand scheme of things, he wins 4 in a row and the one in the middle is canceled? Lol.

Then 50% he wins USO 2020 when he was defaulted but we won't count that since it's not discrimination.

Then real discrimination, 80% AO 2022 and 10% USO 2022 I think.

So altogether cca 240% or 2-3 slams, likely 2. He shouldacoulda been at 25 now.

If you only count those in which he was the only one banned, 2022 AO and USO, then it's 90% so arguably 1 slam.

--

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Court_1@21:1/5 to PeteWasLucky on Sun Jul 16 16:50:46 2023
    On Sunday, July 16, 2023 at 4:27:46 PM UTC-4, PeteWasLucky wrote:

USO and Novak 37 next yr, very old for a tennis player despite his amazing health.

the court. He has the best short court game I've seen and for an older guy, having to come to the forecourt after drop shots or touch volleys

--
    that barks at you."

--Sawfish

It was a five set battle! Djokovic just won three of the last four slams he entered and made the final of the most recent one it what appears to have been a hard-fought battle and now we're calling him "too old?" You crack me up.

I think we need to wait and see if Alcaraz remains injury-free and continues to reach Djokovic in all slam finals and continues to beat him. If he does that, then we can finally put Gumby out to pasture. Not until.

When Gumby loses to an opponent, he usually has a way of humiliating him the next time they play. He's obsessive in that pursuit. He doesn't leave things unchanged for a decade while his main rival continues to crap on him like Federer did vs Nadal in
    their first decade of play. He usually changes things and comes up with a new game plan. Let's see what happens.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From *skriptis@21:1/5 to PeteWasLucky on Mon Jul 17 06:37:37 2023
    PeteWasLucky <waleed.khedr@gmail.com> Wrote in message:r
    *skriptis <skriptis@post.t-com.hr> Wrote in message:r> PeteWasLucky <waleed.khedr@gmail.com> Wrote in message:> On Sunday, July 16, 2023 at 9:17:30PM UTC+3, Sawfish wrote:> On 7/16/23 10:56 AM, Whisper wrote: > > > > Novak amazing to get this close at
    age 36. Good chance this is the > > end of Novak's slam winning days. Carlos will be hot fave to retain > > USO and Novak 37 next yr, very old for a tennis player despite his > > amazing health.> For the first time, clearly, Djok looked all of 36. > >
    One of the telling factors was that Alcaraz won in the *front* half of > the court. He has the best short court game I've seen and for an older > guy, having to come to the forecourt after drop shots or touch volleys > was a significant factor.
    Cumulatively, it sapped Djok. > > The boy has A LOT of game, that's for sure. > > -- > "It is Pointless, and endless Trouble, to cast a stone at every dog > that barks at you." > > --SawfishCourt says age isn't an issueEverything is an issue, but you
    have to measure the factors well.What drains and affects particular player's game?He might have prevailed today if he had been younger, no doubt, they ended up with 3-4 pts difference so no one can deny 16 years difference, but otoh as younger he might
    have totally collapsed entire match not just set 2 and 3. How about that? You'd want fresher legs but you might get murkier head?Djokovic game is all about precision, wind totally blows it. It's not even clay where you can spin your way out of it and
    work around.It's death on grass to deal with bad timing plus bad bounce. Imo he should have been more offensive and reckless in parts of the match, as it was futile to rally while at such disadvantage, but it's just me.Anyway wind was 90% of the score,
    but it's retarded to say it out loud so he won't do it. As they would say, wind was for both, no?But if you get the game, you know it hurt him a lot more than Alcaraz, it negated his main advantage.For sure situation changes rapidly, almost daily, and
    Alcaraz is growing stronger and stronger as we speak, but today, you just close a roof or have a nice calm day and Djokovic dominates on his serve and it's very easy for him.Sets 4 and 5 were even and they were played in relatively calmer conditions.Was
    he old when he came back vs Murray at USO 2012 from 0-2 only then to lose meekly in the fifth?I've watched a lot of matches and scoring dynamics among the big 3 or big 4 has taught me that coming back from 1-2 behind is the most difficult thing, it
    almost never happens.It's only sometimes possible as an overall 0-2 comeback but big 3 or big 4 have never turned around 0-2 against each other.Alcaraz was shit in set 1, and was better player in set 2, but in a non-windy conditions Djokovic steals that
    set 2 tiebreak and is 2-0.At that point it doesn't matter anymore, he wins one of the next 3 sets, regardless which one.And he didn't win that tiebreak due to wind fucking with his "superpowers" in tiebreak.It's also partially lack of hunger, at least
    subconsciously, similar to Federer at USO 2009 vs del Potro.-- ----Android NewsGroup Reader----https://piaohong.s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/usenet/index.htmlThree pages reply/post means emotions were high, take it easy. It's about time, first great
    youngster delivered a message, and this youngster had no experience on grass.This is why I gave full credit to Alcaraz.-- ----Android NewsGroup Reader----https://piaohong.s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/usenet/index.html

Lol

Emotions, says the guy who skipped watching Wimbledon final.

--

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From PeteWasLucky@21:1/5 to skriptis@post.t-com.hr on Mon Jul 17 09:27:21 2023
    PeteWasLucky <waleed.khedr@gmail.com> Wrote in message:r> *skriptis <skriptis@post.t-com.hr> Wrote in message:r> PeteWasLucky <waleed.khedr@gmail.com> Wrote in message:> On Sunday, July 16, 2023 at 9:17:30PM UTC+3, Sawfish wrote:> On 7/16/23 10:56 AM,
    Whisper wrote: > > > > Novak amazing to get this close at age 36. Good chance this is the > > end of Novak's slam winning days. Carlos will be hot fave to retain > > USO and Novak 37 next yr, very old for a tennis player despite his > > amazing health.>
    For the first time, clearly, Djok looked all of 36. > > One of the telling factors was that Alcaraz won in the *front* half of > the court. He has the best short court game I've seen and for an older > guy, having to come to the forecourt after drop
    shots or touch volleys > was a significant factor. Cumulatively, it sapped Djok. > > The boy has A LOT of game, that's for sure. > > -- > "It is Pointless, and endless Trouble, to cast a stone at every dog > that barks at you." > > --SawfishCourt says
    age isn't an issueEverything is an issue, but you have to measure the factors well.What drains and affects particular player's game?He might have prevailed today if he had been younger, no doubt, they ended up with 3-4 pts difference so no one can deny
    16 years difference, but otoh as younger he might have totally collapsed entire match not just set 2 and 3. How about that? You'd want fresher legs but you might get murkier head?Djokovic game is all about precision, wind totally blows it. It's not even
    clay where you can spin your way out of it and work around.It's death on grass to deal with bad timing plus bad bounce. Imo he should have been more offensive and reckless in parts of the match, as it was futile to rally while at such disadvantage, but
    it's just me.Anyway wind was 90% of the score, but it's retarded to say it out loud so he won't do it. As they would say, wind was for both, no?But if you get the game, you know it hurt him a lot more than Alcaraz, it negated his main advantage.For sure
    situation changes rapidly, almost daily, and Alcaraz is growing stronger and stronger as we speak, but today, you just close a roof or have a nice calm day and Djokovic dominates on his serve and it's very easy for him.Sets 4 and 5 were even and they
    were played in relatively calmer conditions.Was he old when he came back vs Murray at USO 2012 from 0-2 only then to lose meekly in the fifth?I've watched a lot of matches and scoring dynamics among the big 3 or big 4 has taught me that coming back from
    1-2 behind is the most difficult thing, it almost never happens.It's only sometimes possible as an overall 0-2 comeback but big 3 or big 4 have never turned around 0-2 against each other.Alcaraz was shit in set 1, and was better player in set 2, but in a
    non-windy conditions Djokovic steals that set 2 tiebreak and is 2-0.At that point it doesn't matter anymore, he wins one of the next 3 sets, regardless which one.And he didn't win that tiebreak due to wind fucking with his "superpowers" in tiebreak.It's
    also partially lack of hunger, at least subconsciously, similar to Federer at USO 2009 vs del Potro.-- ----Android NewsGroup Reader----https://piaohong.s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/usenet/index.htmlThree pages reply/post means emotions were high, take it
    easy. It's about time, first great youngster delivered a message, and this youngster had no experience on grass.This is why I gave full credit to Alcaraz.-- ----Android NewsGroup Reader----https://piaohong.s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/usenet/index.
    htmlLolEmotions, says the guy who skipped watching Wimbledon final.-- ----Android NewsGroup Reader----https://piaohong.s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/usenet/index.html

This is better reply. Keep it short.
    --

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From PeteWasLucky@21:1/5 to olympia0000@yahoo.com on Mon Jul 17 09:35:41 2023
    Court_1 <olympia0000@yahoo.com> Wrote in message:r
    On Sunday, July 16, 2023 at 4:27:46PM UTC-4, PeteWasLucky wrote:> On Sunday, July 16, 2023 at 9:17:30PM UTC+3, Sawfish wrote: > > On 7/16/23 10:56 AM, Whisper wrote: > > > > > > Novak amazing to get this close at age 36. Good chance this is the > > >
    end of Novak's slam winning days. Carlos will be hot fave to retain > > > USO and Novak 37 next yr, very old for a tennis player despite his > > > amazing health. > > For the first time, clearly, Djok looked all of 36. > > > > One of the telling factors
    was that Alcaraz won in the *front* half of > > the court. He has the best short court game I've seen and for an older > > guy, having to come to the forecourt after drop shots or touch volleys > > was a significant factor. Cumulatively, it sapped Djok. >
    The boy has A LOT of game, that's for sure. > > > > -- > > "It is Pointless, and endless Trouble, to cast a stone at every dog > > that barks at you." > > > > --Sawfish> Court says age isn't an issueIt was a five set battle! Djokovic just won
    three of the last four slams he entered and made the final of the most recent one it what appears to have been a hard-fought battle and now we're calling him "too old?" You crack me up.I think we need to wait and see if Alcaraz remains injury-free and
    continues to reach Djokovic in all slam finals and continues to beat him. If he does that, then we can finally put Gumby out to pasture. Not until. When Gumby loses to an opponent, he usually has a way of humiliating him the next time they play. He's
    obsessive in that pursuit. He doesn't leave things unchanged for a decade while his main rival continues to crap on him like Federer did vs Nadal in their first decade of play. He usually changes things and comes up with a new game plan. Let's see what
    happens..

I didn't call him too old. It seems things for you are either black or white. Age difference and youth becomes a factor when the two players are great and are very close in their technical and mental levels.
    Of course djok will reach the final beating the likes of Ruud, Sinner, etc. Federer did the same, and Nadal. Why were we asking for good youngsters? Young legs, explosive movement, etc.
    --

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From *skriptis@21:1/5 to PeteWasLucky on Mon Jul 17 08:36:00 2023
    PeteWasLucky <waleed.khedr@gmail.com> Wrote in message:r
    *skriptis <skriptis@post.t-com.hr> Wrote in message:r> PeteWasLucky <waleed.khedr@gmail.com> Wrote in message:r> *skriptis <skriptis@post.t-com.hr> Wrote in message:r> PeteWasLucky <waleed.khedr@gmail.com> Wrote in message:> On Sunday, July 16, 2023 at
    9:17:30PM UTC+3, Sawfish wrote:> On 7/16/23 10:56 AM, Whisper wrote: > > > > Novak amazing to get this close at age 36. Good chance this is the > > end of Novak's slam winning days. Carlos will be hot fave to retain > > USO and Novak 37 next yr, very
    old for a tennis player despite his > > amazing health.> For the first time, clearly, Djok looked all of 36. > > One of the telling factors was that Alcaraz won in the *front* half of > the court. He has the best short court game I've seen and for an
    older > guy, having to come to the forecourt after drop shots or touch volleys > was a significant factor. Cumulatively, it sapped Djok. > > The boy has A LOT of game, that's for sure. > > -- > "It is Pointless, and endless Trouble, to cast a stone at
    every dog > that barks at you." > > --SawfishCourt says age isn't an issueEverything is an issue, but you have to measure the factors well.What drains and affects particular player's game?He might have prevailed today if he had been younger, no doubt,
    they ended up with 3-4 pts difference so no one can deny 16 years difference, but otoh as younger he might have totally collapsed entire match not just set 2 and 3. How about that? You'd want fresher legs but you might get murkier head?Djokovic game is
    all about precision, wind totally blows it. It's not even clay where you can spin your way out of it and work around.It's death on grass to deal with bad timing plus bad bounce. Imo he should have been more offensive and reckless in parts of the match,
    as it was futile to rally while at such disadvantage, but it's just me.Anyway wind was 90% of the score, but it's retarded to say it out loud so he won't do it. As they would say, wind was for both, no?But if you get the game, you know it hurt him a lot
    more than Alcaraz, it negated his main advantage.For sure situation changes rapidly, almost daily, and Alcaraz is growing stronger and stronger as we speak, but today, you just close a roof or have a nice calm day and Djokovic dominates on his serve and
    it's very easy for him.Sets 4 and 5 were even and they were played in relatively calmer conditions.Was he old when he came back vs Murray at USO 2012 from 0-2 only then to lose meekly in the fifth?I've watched a lot of matches and scoring dynamics among
    the big 3 or big 4 has taught me that coming back from 1-2 behind is the most difficult thing, it almost never happens.It's only sometimes possible as an overall 0-2 comeback but big 3 or big 4 have never turned around 0-2 against each other.Alcaraz was
    shit in set 1, and was better player in set 2, but in a non-windy conditions Djokovic steals that set 2 tiebreak and is 2-0.At that point it doesn't matter anymore, he wins one of the next 3 sets, regardless which one.And he didn't win that tiebreak due
    to wind fucking with his "superpowers" in tiebreak.It's also partially lack of hunger, at least subconsciously, similar to Federer at USO 2009 vs del Potro.-- ----Android NewsGroup Reader----https://piaohong.s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/usenet/index.
    htmlThree pages reply/post means emotions were high, take it easy. It's about time, first great youngster delivered a message, and this youngster had no experience on grass.This is why I gave full credit to Alcaraz.-- ----Android NewsGroup Reader----
    https://piaohong.s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/usenet/index.htmlLolEmotions, says the guy who skipped watching Wimbledon final.-- ----Android NewsGroup Reader----https://piaohong.s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/usenet/index.htmlThis is better reply. Keep it
    short.-- ----Android NewsGroup Reader----https://piaohong.s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/usenet/index.html

Tell us more how Alcaraz is a great talent but only if he wins.

;)

And you don't watch Wimbledon final out of fear Djokovic might win.

🤡😂

--

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From PeteWasLucky@21:1/5 to skriptis@post.t-com.hr on Mon Jul 17 10:21:10 2023
    PeteWasLucky <waleed.khedr@gmail.com> Wrote in message:r> *skriptis <skriptis@post.t-com.hr> Wrote in message:r> PeteWasLucky <waleed.khedr@gmail.com> Wrote in message:r> *skriptis <skriptis@post.t-com.hr> Wrote in message:r> PeteWasLucky <waleed.khedr@
    gmail.com> Wrote in message:> On Sunday, July 16, 2023 at 9:17:30PM UTC+3, Sawfish wrote:> On 7/16/23 10:56 AM, Whisper wrote: > > > > Novak amazing to get this close at age 36. Good chance this is the > > end of Novak's slam winning days. Carlos will
    be hot fave to retain > > USO and Novak 37 next yr, very old for a tennis player despite his > > amazing health.> For the first time, clearly, Djok looked all of 36. > > One of the telling factors was that Alcaraz won in the *front* half of > the court.
    He has the best short court game I've seen and for an older > guy, having to come to the forecourt after drop shots or touch volleys > was a significant factor. Cumulatively, it sapped Djok. > > The boy has A LOT of game, that's for sure. > > -- > "It is
    Pointless, and endless Trouble, to cast a stone at every dog > that barks at you." > > --SawfishCourt says age isn't an issueEverything is an issue, but you have to measure the factors well.What drains and affects particular player's game?He might have
    prevailed today if he had been younger, no doubt, they ended up with 3-4 pts difference so no one can deny 16 years difference, but otoh as younger he might have totally collapsed entire match not just set 2 and 3. How about that? You'd want fresher legs
    but you might get murkier head?Djokovic game is all about precision, wind totally blows it. It's not even clay where you can spin your way out of it and work around.It's death on grass to deal with bad timing plus bad bounce. Imo he should have been more
    offensive and reckless in parts of the match, as it was futile to rally while at such disadvantage, but it's just me.Anyway wind was 90% of the score, but it's retarded to say it out loud so he won't do it. As they would say, wind was for both, no?But if
    you get the game, you know it hurt him a lot more than Alcaraz, it negated his main advantage.For sure situation changes rapidly, almost daily, and Alcaraz is growing stronger and stronger as we speak, but today, you just close a roof or have a nice calm
    day and Djokovic dominates on his serve and it's very easy for him.Sets 4 and 5 were even and they were played in relatively calmer conditions.Was he old when he came back vs Murray at USO 2012 from 0-2 only then to lose meekly in the fifth?I've watched
    a lot of matches and scoring dynamics among the big 3 or big 4 has taught me that coming back from 1-2 behind is the most difficult thing, it almost never happens.It's only sometimes possible as an overall 0-2 comeback but big 3 or big 4 have never
    turned around 0-2 against each other.Alcaraz was shit in set 1, and was better player in set 2, but in a non-windy conditions Djokovic steals that set 2 tiebreak and is 2-0.At that point it doesn't matter anymore, he wins one of the next 3 sets,
    regardless which one.And he didn't win that tiebreak due to wind fucking with his "superpowers" in tiebreak.It's also partially lack of hunger, at least subconsciously, similar to Federer at USO 2009 vs del Potro.-- ----Android NewsGroup Reader----https:/
    /piaohong.s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/usenet/index.htmlThree pages reply/post means emotions were high, take it easy. It's about time, first great youngster delivered a message, and this youngster had no experience on grass.This is why I gave full credit
    to Alcaraz.-- ----Android NewsGroup Reader----https://piaohong.s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/usenet/index.htmlLolEmotions, says the guy who skipped watching Wimbledon final.-- ----Android NewsGroup Reader----https://piaohong.s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/
    usenet/index.htmlThis is better reply. Keep it short.-- ----Android NewsGroup Reader----https://piaohong.s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/usenet/index.htmlTell us more how Alcaraz is a great talent but only if he wins.;)And you don't watch Wimbledon final out
    of fear Djokovic might win.-- ----Android NewsGroup Reader----https://piaohong.s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/usenet/index.html

The way Alcaraz collapsed in the FO was a surprise for every knowledgeable tennis fan. We expected him to beat Djokovic in the FO but he admitted that the tension got to him.

This was a very bad sign to what to come specially playing Djokovic again. This is why I was saying he got himself another chance. But I knew his second chance will be extremely difficult because the guy has no experience on grass. Somehow he managed to do it, and this was a big warning to what to come if he can stay injury
    free.

Enough about me not watching the match, I told I had no access.

--

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From The Iceberg@21:1/5 to Shakes on Mon Jul 17 00:29:29 2023
    On Sunday, 16 July 2023 at 20:35:56 UTC+1, Shakes wrote:
    of Novak's slam winning days. Carlos will be hot fave to retain USO and Novak 37 next yr, very old for a tennis player despite his amazing health.

yeah was hugely surprised at that he could've easily broken Alcaraz on that 1st game of 5th set. No problem with Alcaraz winning at all, it good to see at last a young player who wants to win slams and as you say he an exciting kid to watch! WELL DONE
    Alcaraz!!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From The Iceberg@21:1/5 to grif on Mon Jul 17 00:30:20 2023
    On Sunday, 16 July 2023 at 20:48:40 UTC+1, grif wrote:
    of Novak's slam winning days. Carlos will be hot fave to retain USO and >> Novak 37 next yr, very old for a tennis player despite his amazing health.

I picked Djok in 5 in the pre-final poll. He had a chance early in the 5th set when he missed 2 relatively easy shots in one of Alcaraz's service games. But I am not disappointed as Alcaraz is an exciting player, and a good kid. Good for the game.
    Now all he needs is a young rival.
    Alcaraz's draw was not easy. I was surprised how comfortably he dispatched Rune. Rune seems to perform disappointingly in the latter stages of slams.

Rune seems pretty clueless, very talented, but clueless. Sinner doesn't have that excuse.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From MBDunc@21:1/5 to The Iceberg on Mon Jul 17 01:08:37 2023
    On Monday, July 17, 2023 at 10:30:22 AM UTC+3, The Iceberg wrote:
    I picked Djok in 5 in the pre-final poll. He had a chance early in the 5th set when he missed 2 relatively easy shots in one of Alcaraz's service games. But I am not disappointed as Alcaraz is an exciting player, and a good kid. Good for the game.
    Rune seems pretty clueless, very talented, but clueless. Sinner doesn't have that excuse.

I kind of agree; Rune is most "raw" from new gen (Alcaraz, Sinner) but has more potential than Sinner? At least he seems dedicated enough....

After all Rune came from total nowhere 1,5 years ago while Alcaraz and Sinner were spotted years before.

.mikko

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From =?UTF-8?Q?Pelle_Svansl=c3=b6s?=@21:1/5 to The Iceberg on Mon Jul 17 12:31:57 2023
    On 17.7.2023 10.30, The Iceberg wrote:
    Novak amazing to get this close at age 36. Good chance this is the end >>>> of Novak's slam winning days. Carlos will be hot fave to retain USO and >>>> Novak 37 next yr, very old for a tennis player despite his amazing health. >>>

Rune seems pretty clueless, very talented, but clueless.

The first thing to do is to fire Mom & M.

--
    "And off they went, from here to there,
    The bear, the bear, and the maiden fair"
    -- Traditional

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From The Iceberg@21:1/5 to All on Mon Jul 17 03:05:31 2023
    On Sunday, 16 July 2023 at 21:59:12 UTC+1, *skriptis wrote:

oh come you can't keep ignoring Murray, he could beat him anywhere, except the AO and in 2015 Murray should've won that but went AWOL, he beat Djoker at all the most important places USO, Wimbledon finals, Olympics, YEC O2 exo final, #1 final etc.

really don't think you can say that about Djoker yesterday, he was going for 24 slams, an 8th W and broke his racquet when Alcaraz got the break cos he knew against Alcaraz that was going to be very very difficult to get back from and he hadn't
    concentrated hard enough.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From The Iceberg@21:1/5 to gap...@gmail.com on Mon Jul 17 03:06:55 2023
    On Sunday, 16 July 2023 at 22:05:32 UTC+1, gap...@gmail.com wrote:
    On Sunday, July 16, 2023 at 4:59:12 PM UTC-4, *skriptis wrote:
    On Sunday, July 16, 2023 at 9:17:30 PM UTC+3, Sawfish wrote:> On 7/16/23 10:56 AM, Whisper wrote: > > > > Novak amazing to get this close at age 36. Good chance this is the > > end of Novak's slam winning days. Carlos will be hot fave to retain >

--

Good post, he was not at his best today, should OF won the second set? They stole three slams from him, so he is the GOAT! Fed next, clayboy at 3, Laver, Borg and $pEte follow?

totally wrong, but why is Nadal after Fed? also Laver won the CYGS twice + beat everyone else, yet he's somehow lower down than the others. Sounds you forgot to put Agassi in there.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From The Iceberg@21:1/5 to All on Mon Jul 17 03:11:00 2023
    On Sunday, 16 July 2023 at 22:20:30 UTC+1, *skriptis wrote:
    "gap...@gmail.com" <gap...@gmail.com> Wrote in message:r
    On Sunday, July 16, 2023 at 4:59:12 PM UTC-4, *skriptis wrote:> PeteWasLucky <waleed...@gmail.com> Wrote in message: > > On Sunday, July 16, 2023 at 9:17:30 PM UTC+3, Sawfish wrote:> On 7/16/23 10:56 AM, Whisper wrote: > > > > Novak amazing to
    get this close at age 36. Good chance this is the > > end of Novak's slam winning days. Carlos will be hot fave to retain > > USO and Novak 37 next yr, very old for a tennis player despite his > > amazing health.> For the first time, clearly, Djok looked
    all of 36. > > One of the telling factors was that Alcaraz won in the *front* half of > the court. He has the best short court game I've seen and for an older > guy, having to come to the forecourt after drop shots or touch volleys > was a significant
    factor. Cumulatively, it sapped Djok. > > The boy has A LOT of game, that's for sure. > > -- > "It is Pointless, and endless Trouble, to cast a stone at every dog > that barks at you." > > --SawfishCourt says age isn't an issue > > > > > Everything is an
    issue, but you have to measure the factors well. > > What drains and affects particular player's game? > > > He might have prevailed today if he had been younger, no doubt, they ended up with 3-4 pts difference so no one can deny 16 years difference, but
    otoh as younger he might have totally collapsed entire match not just set 2 and 3. How about that? You'd want fresher legs but you might get murkier head? > > Djokovic game is all about precision, wind totally blows it. It's not even clay where you can
    spin your way out of it and work around. > > It's death on grass to deal with bad timing plus bad bounce. Imo he should have been more offensive and reckless in parts of the match, as it was futile to rally while at such disadvantage, but it's just me. >
    Anyway wind was 90% of the score, but it's retarded to say it out loud so he won't do it. As they would say, wind was for both, no? > > But if you get the game, you know it hurt him a lot more than Alcaraz, it negated his main advantage. > > For sure
    situation changes rapidly, almost daily, and Alcaraz is growing stronger and stronger as we speak, but today, you just close a roof or have a nice calm day and Djokovic dominates on his serve and it's very easy for him. > > Sets 4 and 5 were even and
    they were played in relatively calmer conditions. > > > Was he old when he came back vs Murray at USO 2012 from 0-2 only then to lose meekly in the fifth? > > I've watched a lot of matches and scoring dynamics among the big 3 or big 4 has taught me that
    coming back from 1-2 behind is the most difficult thing, it almost never happens. > > It's only sometimes possible as an overall 0-2 comeback but big 3 or big 4 have never turned around 0-2 against each other. > > > > Alcaraz was shit in set 1, and was
    better player in set 2, but in a non-windy conditions Djokovic steals that set 2 tiebreak and is 2-0. > > At that point it doesn't matter anymore, he wins one of the next 3 sets, regardless which one. > > And he didn't win that tiebreak due to wind
    fucking with his "superpowers" in tiebreak. > > > It's also partially lack of hunger, at least subconsciously, similar to Federer at USO 2009 vs del Potro. > > > -- > > > > > ----Android NewsGroup Reader---- > https://piaohong.s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/
    usenet/index.htmlGood post, he was not at his best today, should OF won the second set? They stole three slams from him, so he is the GOAT! Fed next, clayboy at 3, Laver, Borg and $pEte follow?

They probably stole Wimbledon 2020 which they canceled, 80% he wins that. That was not against him personally they canceled it for everyone. But in the grand scheme of things, he wins 4 in a row and the one in the middle is canceled? Lol.

Then 50% he wins USO 2020 when he was defaulted but we won't count that since it's not discrimination.

Then real discrimination, 80% AO 2022 and 10% USO 2022 I think.

So altogether cca 240% or 2-3 slams, likely 2. He shouldacoulda been at 25 now.

If you only count those in which he was the only one banned, 2022 AO and USO, then it's 90% so arguably 1 slam.

he lost USO to Medvedev in 2021 and he was runner-up in 2019, then in 2020 Thiem was at peak and locked-on for it, so be surprised if he beat both of those guys. Agree real criminal discrimination was the AO he should've been allowed to play at.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From The Iceberg@21:1/5 to All on Mon Jul 17 03:15:07 2023
    On Monday, 17 July 2023 at 00:50:48 UTC+1, Court_1 wrote:

end of Novak's slam winning days. Carlos will be hot fave to retain USO and Novak 37 next yr, very old for a tennis player despite his amazing health.

One of the telling factors was that Alcaraz won in the *front* half of the court. He has the best short court game I've seen and for an older guy, having to come to the forecourt after drop shots or touch volleys was a significant factor. Cumulatively, it sapped Djok.

--
    that barks at you."

--Sawfish
    It was a five set battle! Djokovic just won three of the last four slams he entered and made the final of the most recent one it what appears to have been a hard-fought battle and now we're calling him "too old?" You crack me up.

I think we need to wait and see if Alcaraz remains injury-free and continues to reach Djokovic in all slam finals and continues to beat him. If he does that, then we can finally put Gumby out to pasture. Not until.

When Gumby loses to an opponent, he usually has a way of humiliating him the next time they play. He's obsessive in that pursuit. He doesn't leave things unchanged for a decade while his main rival continues to crap on him like Federer did vs Nadal in
    their first decade of play. He usually changes things and comes up with a new game plan. Let's see what happens.

totally agree, people saying he won't win another slam, despite winning 3/4 last slams and taking the World #1 super best player to 5 close sets LOL who here reckons if it wasn't Alcaraz in the final Djoker would've won in straights?!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From The Iceberg@21:1/5 to MBDunc on Mon Jul 17 03:19:02 2023
    On Monday, 17 July 2023 at 09:08:39 UTC+1, MBDunc wrote:
    On Monday, July 17, 2023 at 10:30:22 AM UTC+3, The Iceberg wrote:
    I kind of agree; Rune is most "raw" from new gen (Alcaraz, Sinner) but has more potential than Sinner? At least he seems dedicated enough....

After all Rune came from total nowhere 1,5 years ago while Alcaraz and Sinner were spotted years before.

yes he prob has more potential than Sinner, he looks more athletic and powerful, also his shots look better to be honest. Sinner though has everything win a slam, just no coach to tell him how to. At least it not like Tsitsi whose Dad apparently told him
    to play doubles with his brother and girlfriend, neglecting the chance to win the singles! amazing just amazing logic <BIG COURT1 STYLE SHRUGS AND ROLLEYES>

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From PeteWasLucky@21:1/5 to The Iceberg on Mon Jul 17 14:43:41 2023
    The Iceberg <iceberg.rules@gmail.com> Wrote in message:r
    On Monday, 17 July 2023 at 00:50:48 UTC+1, Court_1 wrote:> On Sunday, July 16, 2023 at 4:27:46PM UTC-4, PeteWasLucky wrote: > > On Sunday, July 16, 2023 at 9:17:30PM UTC+3, Sawfish wrote: > > > On 7/16/23 10:56 AM, Whisper wrote: > > > > > > > >
    Novak amazing to get this close at age 36. Good chance this is the > > > > end of Novak's slam winning days. Carlos will be hot fave to retain > > > > USO and Novak 37 next yr, very old for a tennis player despite his > > > > amazing health. > > > For
    the first time, clearly, Djok looked all of 36. > > > > > > One of the telling factors was that Alcaraz won in the *front* half of > > > the court. He has the best short court game I've seen and for an older > > > guy, having to come to the forecourt
    after drop shots or touch volleys > > > was a significant factor. Cumulatively, it sapped Djok. > > > > > > The boy has A LOT of game, that's for sure. > > > > > > -- > > > "It is Pointless, and endless Trouble, to cast a stone at every dog > > > that
    barks at you." > > > > > > --Sawfish > > Court says age isn't an issue> It was a five set battle! Djokovic just won three of the last four slams he entered and made the final of the most recent one it what appears to have been a hard-fought battle and
    now we're calling him "too old?" You crack me up. > > I think we need to wait and see if Alcaraz remains injury-free and continues to reach Djokovic in all slam finals and continues to beat him. If he does that, then we can finally put Gumby out to
    pasture. Not until. > > When Gumby loses to an opponent, he usually has a way of humiliating him the next time they play. He's obsessive in that pursuit. He doesn't leave things unchanged for a decade while his main rival continues to crap on him like
    Federer did vs Nadal in their first decade of play. He usually changes things and comes up with a new game plan. Let's see what happens. totally agree, people saying he won't win another slam, despite winning 3/4 last slams and taking the World #1 super
    best player to 5 close sets LOL who here reckons if it wasn't Alcaraz in the final Djoker would've won in straights?!

Before the final, they were saying he is going to win 35 slams (ask Whisper) and after the final he won't another :)

But I understand why both parties believe what they believe, both never thought things can change quickly.

Now people see Alcaraz beating Djokovic in every slam.

--

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From RaspingDrive@21:1/5 to All on Mon Jul 17 06:09:29 2023
    On Sunday, July 16, 2023 at 7:50:48 PM UTC-4, Court_1 wrote:

How true. I am also laughing at the way you expressed your point. Good one.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Whisper@21:1/5 to Sawfish on Tue Jul 18 00:06:58 2023
    On 17/07/2023 6:13 am, Sawfish wrote:
    Novak amazing to get this close at age 36. Good chance this is the end >>>> of Novak's slam winning days. Carlos will be hot fave to retain USO and >>>> Novak 37 next yr, very old for a tennis player despite his amazing
    health.

is a young rival.

stages of slams.

After losing the 1st set, Rune packed it in. It was about as clear as anything like that I've seen.

Rune is getting better too, just not at the rate Carlos is. Unless
    someone new arrives on the scene they should be the top 2.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From MBDunc@21:1/5 to Whisper on Mon Jul 17 07:13:05 2023
    On Monday, July 17, 2023 at 4:44:09 PM UTC+3, Whisper wrote:
    On 17/07/2023 4:29 am, TT wrote:

amazing health.

Yes, I thought so too.

He still played great, would have beaten anyone else in that 5th set
    except Alcaraz.

Alcaraz is the 1st player vs Djoker I've seen Djoker has a) looked old b) looked...helpless?

In one isolated match this can happen: but apart from wind conditions: they played good ball out there.

.mikko

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Whisper@21:1/5 to All on Mon Jul 17 23:43:57 2023

amazing health.

Yes, I thought so too.

except Alcaraz.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Whisper@21:1/5 to MBDunc on Tue Jul 18 00:17:01 2023
    On 18/07/2023 12:13 am, MBDunc wrote:

end of Novak's slam winning days. Carlos will be hot fave to retain >>>>> USO and Novak 37 next yr, very old for a tennis player despite his
    amazing health.

Yes, I thought so too.

except Alcaraz.

Alcaraz is the 1st player vs Djoker I've seen Djoker has a) looked old b) looked...helpless?

In one isolated match this can happen: but apart from wind conditions: they played good ball out there.

.mikko

I think Novak fired up in the 5th set and played great overall. You
    could see from that effort why he beats everyone else in the clutch. He
    should still be fave to beat anyone but Carlos at next 2 slams, after
    that age should finally catch up and he'll start losing to Tsitsipas
    types too : (

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Sawfish@21:1/5 to Whisper on Mon Jul 17 08:06:25 2023
    On 7/17/23 6:43 AM, Whisper wrote:

end of Novak's slam winning days.  Carlos will be hot fave to
    retain USO and Novak 37 next yr, very old for a tennis player
    despite his amazing health.

Yes, I thought so too.

except Alcaraz.

I agree that he would still have beaten almost anyone else.

--
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ "Confidence: the food of the wise man and the liquor of the fool."

--Sawfish ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Sawfish@21:1/5 to All on Mon Jul 17 08:13:45 2023
    T24gNy8xNy8yMyA0OjQzIEFNLCBQZXRlV2FzTHVja3kgd3JvdGU6DQo+IFRoZSBJY2ViZXJn IDxpY2ViZXJnLnJ1bGVzQGdtYWlsLmNvbT4gV3JvdGUgaW4gbWVzc2FnZTpyDQo+PiBPbiBN b25kYXksIDE3IEp1bHkgMjAyMyBhdCAwMDo1MDo0OCBVVEMrMSwgQ291cnRfMSB3cm90ZTo+ IE9uIFN1bmRheSwgSnVseSAxNiwgMjAyMyBhdCA0OjI3OjQ2GlBNIFVUQy00LCBQZXRlV2Fz THVja3kgd3JvdGU6ID4gPiBPbiBTdW5kYXksIEp1bHkgMTYsIDIwMjMgYXQgOToxNzozMBpQ TSBVVEMrMywgU2F3ZmlzaCB3cm90ZTogPiA+ID4gT24gNy8xNi8yMyAxMDo1NiBBTSwgV2hp c3BlciB3cm90ZTogPiA+ID4gPiA+ID4gPiA+IE5vdmFrIGFtYXppbmcgdG8gZ2V0IHRoaXMg Y2xvc2UgYXQgYWdlIDM2LiBHb29kIGNoYW5jZSB0aGlzIGlzIHRoZSA+ID4gPiA+IGVuZCBv ZiBOb3ZhaydzIHNsYW0gd2lubmluZyBkYXlzLiBDYXJsb3Mgd2lsbCBiZSBob3QgZmF2ZSB0 byByZXRhaW4gPiA+ID4gPiBVU08gYW5kIE5vdmFrIDM3IG5leHQgeXIsIHZlcnkgb2xkIGZv ciBhIHRlbm5pcyBwbGF5ZXIgZGVzcGl0ZSBoaXMgPiA+ID4gPiBhbWF6aW5nIGhlYWx0aC4g PiA+ID4gRm9yIHRoZSBmaXJzdCB0aW1lLCBjbGVhcmx5LCBEam9rIGxvb2tlZCBhbGwgb2Yg MzYuID4gPiA+ID4gPiA+IE9uZSBvZiB0aGUgdGVsbGluZyBmYWN0b3JzIHdhcyB0aGF0IEFs Y2FyYXogd29uIGluIHRoZSAqZnJvbnQqIGhhbGYgb2YgPiA+ID4gdGhlIGNvdXJ0LiBIZSBo YXMgdGhlIGJlc3Qgc2hvcnQgY291cnQgZ2FtZSBJJ3ZlIHNlZW4gYW5kIGZvciBhbiBvbGRl ciA+ID4gPiBndXksIGhhdmluZyB0byBjb21lIHRvIHRoZSBmb3JlY291cnQgYWZ0ZXIgZHJv cCBzaG90cyBvciB0b3VjaCB2b2xsZXlzID4gPiA+IHdhcyBhIHNpZ25pZmljYW50IGZhY3Rv ci4gQ3VtdWxhdGl2ZWx5LCBpdCBzYXBwZWQgRGpvay4gPiA+ID4gPiA+ID4gVGhlIGJveSBo YXMgQSBMT1Qgb2YgZ2FtZSwgdGhhdCdzIGZvciBzdXJlLiA+ID4gPiA+ID4gPiAtLSA+ID4g PiAiSXQgaXMgUG9pbnRsZXNzLCBhbmQgZW5kbGVzcyBUcm91YmxlLCB0byBjYXN0IGEgc3Rv bmUgYXQgZXZlcnkgZG9nID4gPiA+IHRoYXQgYmFya3MgYXQgeW91LiIgPiA+ID4gPiA+ID4g LS1TYXdmaXNoID4gPiBDb3VydCBzYXlzIGFnZSBpc24ndCBhbiBpc3N1ZT4gSXQgd2FzIGEg Zml2ZSBzZXQgYmF0dGxlISBEam9rb3ZpYyBqdXN0IHdvbiB0aHJlZSBvZiB0aGUgbGFzdCBm b3VyIHNsYW1zIGhlIGVudGVyZWQgYW5kIG1hZGUgdGhlIGZpbmFsIG9mIHRoZSBtb3N0IHJl Y2VudCBvbmUgaXQgd2hhdCBhcHBlYXJzIHRvIGhhdmUgYmVlbiBhIGhhcmQtZm91Z2h0IGJh dHRsZSBhbmQgbm93IHdlJ3JlIGNhbGxpbmcgaGltICJ0b28gb2xkPyIgWW91IGNyYWNrIG1l IHVwLiA+ID4gSSB0aGluayB3ZSBuZWVkIHRvIHdhaXQgYW5kIHNlZSBpZiBBbGNhcmF6IHJl bWFpbnMgaW5qdXJ5LWZyZWUgYW5kIGNvbnRpbnVlcyB0byByZWFjaCBEam9rb3ZpYyBpbiBh bGwgc2xhbSBmaW5hbHMgYW5kIGNvbnRpbnVlcyB0byBiZWF0IGhpbS4gSWYgaGUgZG9lcyB0 aGF0LCB0aGVuIHdlIGNhbiBmaW5hbGx5IHB1dCBHdW1ieSBvdXQgdG8gcGFzdHVyZS4gTm90 IHVudGlsLiA+ID4gV2hlbiBHdW1ieSBsb3NlcyB0byBhbiBvcHBvbmVudCwgaGUgdXN1YWxs eSBoYXMgYSB3YXkgb2YgaHVtaWxpYXRpbmcgaGltIHRoZSBuZXh0IHRpbWUgdGhleSBwbGF5 LiBIZSdzIG9ic2Vzc2l2ZSBpbiB0aGF0IHB1cnN1aXQuIEhlIGRvZXNuJ3QgbGVhdmUgdGhp bmdzIHVuY2hhbmdlZCBmb3IgYSBkZWNhZGUgd2hpbGUgaGlzIG1haW4gcml2YWwgY29udGlu dWVzIHRvIGNyYXAgb24gaGltIGxpa2UgRmVkZXJlciBkaWQgdnMgTmFkYWwgaW4gdGhlaXIg Zmlyc3QgZGVjYWRlIG9mIHBsYXkuIEhlIHVzdWFsbHkgY2hhbmdlcyB0aGluZ3MgYW5kIGNv bWVzIHVwIHdpdGggYSBuZXcgZ2FtZSBwbGFuLiBMZXQncyBzZWUgd2hhdCBoYXBwZW5zLiB0 b3RhbGx5IGFncmVlLCBwZW9wbGUgc2F5aW5nIGhlIHdvbid0IHdpbiBhbm90aGVyIHNsYW0s IGRlc3BpdGUgd2lubmluZyAzLzQgbGFzdCBzbGFtcyBhbmQgdGFraW5nIHRoZSBXb3JsZCAj MSBzdXBlciBiZXN0IHBsYXllciB0byA1IGNsb3NlIHNldHMgTE9MIHdobyBoZXJlIHJlY2tv bnMgaWYgaXQgd2Fzbid0IEFsY2FyYXogaW4gdGhlIGZpbmFsIERqb2tlciB3b3VsZCd2ZSB3 b24gaW4gc3RyYWlnaHRzPyENCj4gQmVmb3JlIHRoZSBmaW5hbCwgdGhleSB3ZXJlIHNheWlu ZyBoZSBpcyBnb2luZyB0byB3aW4gMzUgc2xhbXMgKGFzayBXaGlzcGVyKSBhbmQgYWZ0ZXIg dGhlIGZpbmFsIGhlIHdvbid0IGFub3RoZXIgOikNCkNvbXB1bHNpdmVseSBtYWtpbmcgcHJl ZGljdGlvbnMgd2hlbiB5b3UgZG9uJ3QgaGF2ZSB0byBpcyBha2luIHRvIGEgDQpnYW1ibGlu ZyBwcm9ibGVtLg0KPg0KPiBCdXQgSSB1bmRlcnN0YW5kIHdoeSBib3RoIHBhcnRpZXMgYmVs aWV2ZSB3aGF0IHRoZXkgYmVsaWV2ZSwgYm90aCBuZXZlciB0aG91Z2h0IHRoaW5ncyBjYW4g Y2hhbmdlIHF1aWNrbHkuDQo+DQo+IE5vdyBwZW9wbGUgc2VlIEFsY2FyYXogYmVhdGluZyBE am9rb3ZpYyBpbiBldmVyeSBzbGFtLg0KPg0KPg0KDQotLSANCiJJdCBpcyBQb2ludGxlc3Ms IGFuZCBlbmRsZXNzIFRyb3VibGUsIHRvIGNhc3QgYSBzdG9uZSBhdCBldmVyeSBkb2cNCnRo YXQgYmFya3MgYXQgeW91LiINCg0KLS1TYXdmaXNoDQoNCg==

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Sawfish@21:1/5 to Whisper on Mon Jul 17 08:17:35 2023
    On 7/17/23 7:06 AM, Whisper wrote:
    end
    of Novak's slam winning days. Carlos will be hot fave to retain
    USO and
    health.

I thought 2019 F was better in overall quality over 5 sets. Today,
    I thought the 1st and 3rd sets were a letdown.

exciting player, and a good kid. Good for the game. Now all he
    needs is a young rival.

stages of slams.

But by comparison, have you *ever* seen Alcaraz pack it in? Some might
    say the FO: maybe, maybe not. But not like Rune or Shapovolov. I've only
    seen Rune once. vs Alcaraz, so maybe it's rare. Shapovolov does it most
    of the time.

But even a little is poison.

--
    that barks at you."

--Sawfish

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Sawfish@21:1/5 to The Iceberg on Mon Jul 17 08:18:26 2023
    On 7/17/23 12:30 AM, The Iceberg wrote:
    Novak amazing to get this close at age 36. Good chance this is the end >>>> of Novak's slam winning days. Carlos will be hot fave to retain USO and >>>> Novak 37 next yr, very old for a tennis player despite his amazing health. >>> I thought 2019 F was better in overall quality over 5 sets. Today, I thought the 1st and 3rd sets were a letdown.

I'm now thinking that Sinner may have a stamina problem that is
    insurmountable.

--
    --Sawfish ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ "The big print gives it to you; the small print takes it away."

Andy, from Amos 'n' Andy, on legal contracts... ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From MBDunc@21:1/5 to Sawfish on Mon Jul 17 08:42:12 2023
    On Monday, July 17, 2023 at 6:18:29 PM UTC+3, Sawfish wrote:
    I'm now thinking that Sinner may have a stamina problem that is insurmountable.

Sinner might remain a good quality yardstick?

That is not bad destiny. Not all of them can be among the best?

But he has a OK hold on Alcaraz h2h? right?, so maybe still?

Of non-named fold. Meds remain dangerous, bit suspect whether Zverev can fully comeback, but Rune, he is dangerous...

.mikko

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Court_1@21:1/5 to The Iceberg on Mon Jul 17 16:59:18 2023
    On Monday, July 17, 2023 at 6:15:10 AM UTC-4, The Iceberg wrote:

Novak amazing to get this close at age 36. Good chance this is the end of Novak's slam winning days. Carlos will be hot fave to retain USO and Novak 37 next yr, very old for a tennis player despite his amazing health.

One of the telling factors was that Alcaraz won in the *front* half of the court. He has the best short court game I've seen and for an older guy, having to come to the forecourt after drop shots or touch volleys was a significant factor. Cumulatively, it sapped Djok.

--
    "It is Pointless, and endless Trouble, to cast a stone at every dog that barks at you."

--Sawfish

When Gumby loses to an opponent, he usually has a way of humiliating him the next time they play. He's obsessive in that pursuit. He doesn't leave things unchanged for a decade while his main rival continues to crap on him like Federer did vs Nadal
    in their first decade of play. He usually changes things and comes up with a new game plan. Let's see what happens.

totally agree, people saying he won't win another slam, despite winning 3/4 last slams and taking the World #1 super best player to 5 close sets LOL who here reckons if it wasn't Alcaraz in the final Djoker would've won in straights?!

Not only that, even with the 16 years younger Alcaraz in the final, it was close and could have gone either way. It's not like Alcaraz came out and crushed Djokovic in straights. Djokovic made a few uncharacteristic errors from what I could see by
    watching some highlights.

They'll have more battles and some will likely go Djokovic's way. It will give Djokovic some motivation because what does he really have to play now for? The CYGS is off the table. All he really should want to do now is separate himself further from
    Federer and Nadal as Nadal could come back and win another FO for all we know. If Djokovic can win a couple of more slams, he'll ensure that the slam record will likely never be broken and that he will sit at the very top of the mountain for all time.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Court_1@21:1/5 to Whisper on Mon Jul 17 17:03:32 2023
    On Monday, July 17, 2023 at 10:17:17 AM UTC-4, Whisper wrote:
    On 18/07/2023 12:13 am, MBDunc wrote:

Novak amazing to get this close at age 36. Good chance this is the >>>>> end of Novak's slam winning days. Carlos will be hot fave to retain >>>>> USO and Novak 37 next yr, very old for a tennis player despite his >>>>> amazing health.

Yes, I thought so too.

except Alcaraz.

.mikko
    I think Novak fired up in the 5th set and played great overall. You
    could see from that effort why he beats everyone else in the clutch. He should still be fave to beat anyone but Carlos at next 2 slams, after
    that age should finally catch up and he'll start losing to Tsitsipas
    types too : (

Djokovic will retire if he ever gets to the point where he loses to Tsitsipas, Ruud. I mean, come on! I say that as somebody who enjoys watching Tsitsipas play. Djokovic is several levels about Tsitsipas.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Court_1@21:1/5 to PeteWasLucky on Mon Jul 17 17:01:16 2023
    On Monday, July 17, 2023 at 7:43:47 AM UTC-4, PeteWasLucky wrote:

Now people see Alcaraz beating Djokovic in every slam.

And I'm pretty sure they'll be wrong. Let's wait and see.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Court_1@21:1/5 to Sawfish on Mon Jul 17 17:08:08 2023
    On Monday, July 17, 2023 at 11:18:29 AM UTC-4, Sawfish wrote:
    Novak amazing to get this close at age 36. Good chance this is the end >>>> of Novak's slam winning days. Carlos will be hot fave to retain USO and >>>> Novak 37 next yr, very old for a tennis player despite his amazing health.

It has nothing to do with stamina IMO. It's his game. He's a much lesser Berdych. Just a dumb ball-basher with zero plan B. At least Berdych pulled off some wins against the Big Three. However, the weird thing is that Sinner seems to be a tough match-up
    for Alcaraz!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From gapp111@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Mon Jul 17 18:32:35 2023
    On Monday, July 17, 2023 at 7:59:21 PM UTC-4, Court_1 wrote:

Novak amazing to get this close at age 36. Good chance this is the end of Novak's slam winning days. Carlos will be hot fave to retain
    USO and Novak 37 next yr, very old for a tennis player despite his amazing health.

--
    "It is Pointless, and endless Trouble, to cast a stone at every dog that barks at you."

--Sawfish

When Gumby loses to an opponent, he usually has a way of humiliating him the next time they play. He's obsessive in that pursuit. He doesn't leave things unchanged for a decade while his main rival continues to crap on him like Federer did vs Nadal
    in their first decade of play. He usually changes things and comes up with a new game plan. Let's see what happens.

Not only that, even with the 16 years younger Alcaraz in the final, it was close and could have gone either way. It's not like Alcaraz came out and crushed Djokovic in straights. Djokovic made a few uncharacteristic errors from what I could see by

They'll have more battles and some will likely go Djokovic's way. It will give Djokovic some motivation because what does he really have to play now for? The CYGS is off the table. All he really should want to do now is separate himself further from
    Federer and Nadal as Nadal could come back and win another FO for all we know. If Djokovic can win a couple of more slams, he'll ensure that the slam record will likely never be broken and that he will sit at the very top of the mountain for all time.

Have to agree with you, close match indeed.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Gracchus@21:1/5 to All on Mon Jul 17 18:55:36 2023
    On Monday, July 17, 2023 at 5:08:10 PM UTC-7, Court_1 wrote:

It has nothing to do with stamina IMO. It's his game. He's a much lesser Berdych. Just a dumb ball-basher with zero plan B. At least Berdych pulled off some wins against the Big Three. However, the weird thing is that Sinner seems to be a tough match-
    up for Alcaraz!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Court_1@21:1/5 to Gracchus on Mon Jul 17 20:00:27 2023
    On Monday, July 17, 2023 at 9:55:38 PM UTC-4, Gracchus wrote:

I picked Djok in 5 in the pre-final poll. He had a chance early in the 5th set when he missed 2 relatively easy shots in one of Alcaraz's service games. But I am not disappointed as Alcaraz is an exciting player, and a good kid. Good for the
    game. Now all he needs is a young rival.

It has nothing to do with stamina IMO. It's his game. He's a much lesser Berdych. Just a dumb ball-basher with zero plan B. At least Berdych pulled off some wins against the Big Three. However, the weird thing is that Sinner seems to be a tough match-
    up for Alcaraz!

Gracchus, I see you responded but I don't see your comment?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Gracchus@21:1/5 to All on Mon Jul 17 20:42:26 2023
    On Monday, July 17, 2023 at 8:00:29 PM UTC-7, Court_1 wrote:
    On Sunday, July 16, 2023 at 10:56:40 AM UTC-7, Whisper wrote: >>>> Novak amazing to get this close at age 36. Good chance this is the end

I picked Djok in 5 in the pre-final poll. He had a chance early in the 5th set when he missed 2 relatively easy shots in one of Alcaraz's service games. But I am not disappointed as Alcaraz is an exciting player, and a good kid. Good for the

It has nothing to do with stamina IMO. It's his game. He's a much lesser Berdych. Just a dumb ball-basher with zero plan B. At least Berdych pulled off some wins against the Big Three. However, the weird thing is that Sinner seems to be a tough
    match-up for Alcaraz!

LOL! I must have lost my train of thought. IIRC, I was going to say that Alcaraz sees Sinner as his toughest *contemporary* rival, but I don't think he'll have the flexibility to keep up with Alcaraz as their games develop further. The h2h is slightly
    misleading too, because Alcaraz clearly had physical problems during their Miami match. Not just cramping--he hurt his left hand and wasn't the same after the first set. The Berdych comparison is apt. He can look awesome when he's zoning, but plays too
    many predictable patterns. Djokovic looked like he was reading Sinner's mind the other day.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Tuan@21:1/5 to All on Mon Jul 17 21:11:12 2023
    On Tuesday, July 18, 2023 at 9:59:21 AM UTC+10, Court_1 wrote:

Novak amazing to get this close at age 36. Good chance this is the end of Novak's slam winning days. Carlos will be hot fave to retain

--

--Sawfish

It APPEARED close only because Alcaraz threw the first set away. And the reason for that is that his confidence in facing Joker was still shaken after the FO. Otherwise it would have been 3-1. Now the baggage is off his shoulders...

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Whisper@21:1/5 to PeteWasLucky on Tue Jul 18 20:10:10 2023
    On 17/07/2023 6:27 am, PeteWasLucky wrote:

It's not an issue yet for Djokovic as he's hot fave to beat every player everywhere except 1 guy, and he was half way to the calendar slam. Are
    you saying he'd have even more success if he was younger than 36? Maybe
    wins every match 60 60 60?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Whisper@21:1/5 to All on Tue Jul 18 20:34:27 2023
    T24gMTcvMDcvMjAyMyA3OjIwIGFtLCAqc2tyaXB0aXMgd3JvdGU6DQo+ICJnYXAuLi5AZ21h aWwuY29tIiA8Z2FwcDExMUBnbWFpbC5jb20+IFdyb3RlIGluIG1lc3NhZ2U6cg0KPj4gT24g U3VuZGF5LCBKdWx5IDE2LCAyMDIzIGF0IDQ6NTk6MTLigK9QTSBVVEMtNCwgKnNrcmlwdGlz IHdyb3RlOj4gUGV0ZVdhc0x1Y2t5IDx3YWxlZWQuLi5AZ21haWwuY29tPiBXcm90ZSBpbiBt ZXNzYWdlOiA+ID4gT24gU3VuZGF5LCBKdWx5IDE2LCAyMDIzIGF0IDk6MTc6MzDigK9QTSBV VEMrMywgU2F3ZmlzaCB3cm90ZTo+IE9uIDcvMTYvMjMgMTA6NTYgQU0sIFdoaXNwZXIgd3Jv dGU6ID4gPiA+ID4gTm92YWsgYW1hemluZyB0byBnZXQgdGhpcyBjbG9zZSBhdCBhZ2UgMzYu IEdvb2QgY2hhbmNlIHRoaXMgaXMgdGhlID4gPiBlbmQgb2YgTm92YWsncyBzbGFtIHdpbm5p bmcgZGF5cy4gQ2FybG9zIHdpbGwgYmUgaG90IGZhdmUgdG8gcmV0YWluID4gPiBVU08gYW5k IE5vdmFrIDM3IG5leHQgeXIsIHZlcnkgb2xkIGZvciBhIHRlbm5pcyBwbGF5ZXIgZGVzcGl0 ZSBoaXMgPiA+IGFtYXppbmcgaGVhbHRoLj4gRm9yIHRoZSBmaXJzdCB0aW1lLCBjbGVhcmx5 LCBEam9rIGxvb2tlZCBhbGwgb2YgMzYuID4gPiBPbmUgb2YgdGhlIHRlbGxpbmcgZmFjdG9y cyB3YXMgdGhhdCBBbGNhcmF6IHdvbiBpbiB0aGUgKmZyb250KiBoYWxmIG9mID4gdGhlIGNv dXJ0LiBIZSBoYXMgdGhlIGJlc3Qgc2hvcnQgY291cnQgZ2FtZSBJJ3ZlIHNlZW4gYW5kIGZv ciBhbiBvbGRlciA+IGd1eSwgaGF2aW5nIHRvIGNvbWUgdG8gdGhlIGZvcmVjb3VydCBhZnRl ciBkcm9wIHNob3RzIG9yIHRvdWNoIHZvbGxleXMgPiB3YXMgYSBzaWduaWZpY2FudCBmYWN0 b3IuIEN1bXVsYXRpdmVseSwgaXQgc2FwcGVkIERqb2suID4gPiBUaGUgYm95IGhhcyBBIExP VCBvZiBnYW1lLCB0aGF0J3MgZm9yIHN1cmUuID4gPiAtLSA+ICJJdCBpcyBQb2ludGxlc3Ms IGFuZCBlbmRsZXNzIFRyb3VibGUsIHRvIGNhc3QgYSBzdG9uZSBhdCBldmVyeSBkb2cgPiB0 aGF0IGJhcmtzIGF0IHlvdS4iID4gPiAtLVNhd2Zpc2hDb3VydCBzYXlzIGFnZSBpc24ndCBh biBpc3N1ZSA+ID4gPiA+ID4gRXZlcnl0aGluZyBpcyBhbiBpc3N1ZSwgYnV0IHlvdSBoYXZl IHRvIG1lYXN1cmUgdGhlIGZhY3RvcnMgd2VsbC4gPiA+IFdoYXQgZHJhaW5zIGFuZCBhZmZl Y3RzIHBhcnRpY3VsYXIgcGxheWVyJ3MgZ2FtZT8gPiA+ID4gSGUgbWlnaHQgaGF2ZSBwcmV2 YWlsZWQgdG9kYXkgaWYgaGUgaGFkIGJlZW4geW91bmdlciwgbm8gZG91YnQsIHRoZXkgZW5k ZWQgdXAgd2l0aCAzLTQgcHRzIGRpZmZlcmVuY2Ugc28gbm8gb25lIGNhbiBkZW55IDE2IHll YXJzIGRpZmZlcmVuY2UsIGJ1dCBvdG9oIGFzIHlvdW5nZXIgaGUgbWlnaHQgaGF2ZSB0b3Rh bGx5IGNvbGxhcHNlZCBlbnRpcmUgbWF0Y2ggbm90IGp1c3Qgc2V0IDIgYW5kIDMuIEhvdyBh Ym91dCB0aGF0PyBZb3UnZCB3YW50IGZyZXNoZXIgbGVncyBidXQgeW91IG1pZ2h0IGdldCBt dXJraWVyIGhlYWQ/ID4gPiBEam9rb3ZpYyBnYW1lIGlzIGFsbCBhYm91dCBwcmVjaXNpb24s IHdpbmQgdG90YWxseSBibG93cyBpdC4gSXQncyBub3QgZXZlbiBjbGF5IHdoZXJlIHlvdSBj YW4gc3BpbiB5b3VyIHdheSBvdXQgb2YgaXQgYW5kIHdvcmsgYXJvdW5kLiA+ID4gSXQncyBk ZWF0aCBvbiBncmFzcyB0byBkZWFsIHdpdGggYmFkIHRpbWluZyBwbHVzIGJhZCBib3VuY2Uu IEltbyBoZSBzaG91bGQgaGF2ZSBiZWVuIG1vcmUgb2ZmZW5zaXZlIGFuZCByZWNrbGVzcyBp biBwYXJ0cyBvZiB0aGUgbWF0Y2gsIGFzIGl0IHdhcyBmdXRpbGUgdG8gcmFsbHkgd2hpbGUg YXQgc3VjaCBkaXNhZHZhbnRhZ2UsIGJ1dCBpdCdzIGp1c3QgbWUuID4gPiBBbnl3YXkgd2lu ZCB3YXMgOTAlIG9mIHRoZSBzY29yZSwgYnV0IGl0J3MgcmV0YXJkZWQgdG8gc2F5IGl0IG91 dCBsb3VkIHNvIGhlIHdvbid0IGRvIGl0LiBBcyB0aGV5IHdvdWxkIHNheSwgd2luZCB3YXMg Zm9yIGJvdGgsIG5vPyA+ID4gQnV0IGlmIHlvdSBnZXQgdGhlIGdhbWUsIHlvdSBrbm93IGl0 IGh1cnQgaGltIGEgbG90IG1vcmUgdGhhbiBBbGNhcmF6LCBpdCBuZWdhdGVkIGhpcyBtYWlu IGFkdmFudGFnZS4gPiA+IEZvciBzdXJlIHNpdHVhdGlvbiBjaGFuZ2VzIHJhcGlkbHksIGFs bW9zdCBkYWlseSwgYW5kIEFsY2FyYXogaXMgZ3Jvd2luZyBzdHJvbmdlciBhbmQgc3Ryb25n ZXIgYXMgd2Ugc3BlYWssIGJ1dCB0b2RheSwgeW91IGp1c3QgY2xvc2UgYSByb29mIG9yIGhh dmUgYSBuaWNlIGNhbG0gZGF5IGFuZCBEam9rb3ZpYyBkb21pbmF0ZXMgb24gaGlzIHNlcnZl IGFuZCBpdCdzIHZlcnkgZWFzeSBmb3IgaGltLiA+ID4gU2V0cyA0IGFuZCA1IHdlcmUgZXZl biBhbmQgdGhleSB3ZXJlIHBsYXllZCBpbiByZWxhdGl2ZWx5IGNhbG1lciBjb25kaXRpb25z LiA+ID4gPiBXYXMgaGUgb2xkIHdoZW4gaGUgY2FtZSBiYWNrIHZzIE11cnJheSBhdCBVU08g MjAxMiBmcm9tIDAtMiBvbmx5IHRoZW4gdG8gbG9zZSBtZWVrbHkgaW4gdGhlIGZpZnRoPyA+ ID4gSSd2ZSB3YXRjaGVkIGEgbG90IG9mIG1hdGNoZXMgYW5kIHNjb3JpbmcgZHluYW1pY3Mg YW1vbmcgdGhlIGJpZyAzIG9yIGJpZyA0IGhhcyB0YXVnaHQgbWUgdGhhdCBjb21pbmcgYmFj ayBmcm9tIDEtMiBiZWhpbmQgaXMgdGhlIG1vc3QgZGlmZmljdWx0IHRoaW5nLCBpdCBhbG1v c3QgbmV2ZXIgaGFwcGVucy4gPiA+IEl0J3Mgb25seSBzb21ldGltZXMgcG9zc2libGUgYXMg YW4gb3ZlcmFsbCAwLTIgY29tZWJhY2sgYnV0IGJpZyAzIG9yIGJpZyA0IGhhdmUgbmV2ZXIg dHVybmVkIGFyb3VuZCAwLTIgYWdhaW5zdCBlYWNoIG90aGVyLiA+ID4gPiA+IEFsY2FyYXog d2FzIHNoaXQgaW4gc2V0IDEsIGFuZCB3YXMgYmV0dGVyIHBsYXllciBpbiBzZXQgMiwgYnV0 IGluIGEgbm9uLXdpbmR5IGNvbmRpdGlvbnMgRGpva292aWMgc3RlYWxzIHRoYXQgc2V0IDIg dGllYnJlYWsgYW5kIGlzIDItMC4gPiA+IEF0IHRoYXQgcG9pbnQgaXQgZG9lc24ndCBtYXR0 ZXIgYW55bW9yZSwgaGUgd2lucyBvbmUgb2YgdGhlIG5leHQgMyBzZXRzLCByZWdhcmRsZXNz IHdoaWNoIG9uZS4gPiA+IEFuZCBoZSBkaWRuJ3Qgd2luIHRoYXQgdGllYnJlYWsgZHVlIHRv IHdpbmQgZnVja2luZyB3aXRoIGhpcyAic3VwZXJwb3dlcnMiIGluIHRpZWJyZWFrLiA+ID4g PiBJdCdzIGFsc28gcGFydGlhbGx5IGxhY2sgb2YgaHVuZ2VyLCBhdCBsZWFzdCBzdWJjb25z Y2lvdXNseSwgc2ltaWxhciB0byBGZWRlcmVyIGF0IFVTTyAyMDA5IHZzIGRlbCBQb3Ryby4g PiA+ID4gLS0gPiA+ID4gPiA+IC0tLS1BbmRyb2lkIE5ld3NHcm91cCBSZWFkZXItLS0tID4g aHR0cHM6Ly9waWFvaG9uZy5zMy11cy13ZXN0LTIuYW1hem9uYXdzLmNvbS91c2VuZXQvaW5k ZXguaHRtbEdvb2QgcG9zdCwgaGUgd2FzIG5vdCBhdCBoaXMgYmVzdCB0b2RheSwgc2hvdWxk IE9GIHdvbiB0aGUgc2Vjb25kIHNldD8gVGhleSBzdG9sZSB0aHJlZSBzbGFtcyBmcm9tIGhp bSwgc28gaGUgaXMgdGhlIEdPQVQhIEZlZCBuZXh0LCBjbGF5Ym95IGF0IDMsIExhdmVyLCBC b3JnIGFuZCAkcEV0ZSBmb2xsb3c/DQo+IA0KPiANCj4gDQo+IFRoZXkgcHJvYmFibHkgc3Rv bGUgV2ltYmxlZG9uIDIwMjAgd2hpY2ggdGhleSBjYW5jZWxlZCwgODAlIGhlIHdpbnMgdGhh dC4gVGhhdCB3YXMgbm90IGFnYWluc3QgaGltIHBlcnNvbmFsbHkgdGhleSBjYW5jZWxlZCBp dCBmb3IgZXZlcnlvbmUuIEJ1dCBpbiB0aGUgZ3JhbmQgc2NoZW1lIG9mIHRoaW5ncywgaGUg d2lucyA0IGluIGEgcm93IGFuZCB0aGUgb25lIGluIHRoZSBtaWRkbGUgaXMgY2FuY2VsZWQ/ IExvbC4NCj4gDQo+IA0KPiBUaGVuIDUwJSBoZSB3aW5zIFVTTyAyMDIwIHdoZW4gaGUgd2Fz IGRlZmF1bHRlZCBidXQgd2Ugd29uJ3QgY291bnQgdGhhdCBzaW5jZSBpdCdzIG5vdCBkaXNj cmltaW5hdGlvbi4NCj4gDQo+IFRoZW4gcmVhbCBkaXNjcmltaW5hdGlvbiwgODAlIEFPIDIw MjIgYW5kIDEwJSBVU08gMjAyMiBJIHRoaW5rLg0KPiANCj4gU28gYWx0b2dldGhlciBjY2Eg MjQwJSBvciAyLTMgc2xhbXMsIGxpa2VseSAyLiBIZSBzaG91bGRhY291bGRhIGJlZW4gYXQg MjUgbm93Lg0KPiANCj4gDQo+IElmIHlvdSBvbmx5IGNvdW50IHRob3NlIGluIHdoaWNoIGhl IHdhcyB0aGUgb25seSBvbmUgYmFubmVkLCAyMDIyIEFPIGFuZCBVU08sIHRoZW4gaXQncyA5 MCUgc28gYXJndWFibHkgMSBzbGFtLg0KPiANCg0KDQoNCkNvdWxkYS93b3VsZGEgaXMgYWx3 YXlzIHRyaWNreSBhcyB3ZSBjYW4gY29tZSB1cCB3aXRoIGFsbCBraW5kcyBvZiANCmxvZ2lj YWwgYXJndW1lbnRzLiAgVGhlc2UgZW5mb3JjZWQgYnJlYWtzL2JhbnMgbWF5IGhhdmUgcHJv bG9uZ2VkIA0KTm92YWsncyBjYXJlZXIuICBNYXliZSBpZiBoZSBwbGF5ZWQgZXZlcnl0aGlu ZyBoZSB3b3VsZCBoYXZlIGhhZCBsZXNzIA0Kc2xhbSBzdWNjZXNzPyAgVGhlIGJyZWFrcyBt YWRlIGhpbSB2ZXJ5IGZyZXNoIGFuZCBoeXBlciBtb3RpdmF0ZWQsIGFuZCANCmV4cGxhaW5z IG1heWJlIHdoeSBoZSB3b24gYWxsIHRoZSBvdGhlciBzbGFtcyBoZSBlbnRlcmVkIGFyb3Vu ZCB0aGUgDQpicmVha3M/ICAgTm9ib2R5IGtub3dzIHdoYXQgd291bGQgaGF2ZSBoYXBwZW5l ZCwgYnV0IGZvciBoaXMgc2FrZSBJJ20gDQpoYXBweSBoZSBoYXMgdGhlIGFsbCB0aW1lIHNs YW0gcmVjb3JkLiAgVGhhdCdzIGEgYmlnIGFyZ3VtZW50IGtpbGxlci4NCg==

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Whisper@21:1/5 to The Iceberg on Tue Jul 18 21:12:44 2023
    On 17/07/2023 5:30 pm, The Iceberg wrote:
    Novak amazing to get this close at age 36. Good chance this is the end >>>> of Novak's slam winning days. Carlos will be hot fave to retain USO and >>>> Novak 37 next yr, very old for a tennis player despite his amazing health. >>>

Sinner and Rune will fight it out for no.2 over the coming yrs.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From =?UTF-8?Q?Pelle_Svansl=c3=b6s?=@21:1/5 to Whisper on Tue Jul 18 14:39:33 2023
    On 18.7.2023 14.12, Whisper wrote:
    Novak amazing to get this close at age 36. Good chance this is the end >>>>> of Novak's slam winning days. Carlos will be hot fave to retain USO
    and
    health.

is a young rival.
    stages of slams.

Rune seems pretty clueless, very talented, but clueless. Sinner
    doesn't have that excuse.

A clowny situation. Not to mention that Mom & M will be constantly around.

--
    "And off they went, from here to there,
    The bear, the bear, and the maiden fair"
    -- Traditional

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Whisper@21:1/5 to Sawfish on Tue Jul 18 21:43:21 2023
    On 18/07/2023 1:17 am, Sawfish wrote:
    On 7/17/23 7:06 AM, Whisper wrote:

But by comparison, have you *ever* seen Alcaraz pack it in? Some might
    say the FO: maybe, maybe not.

No I've never seen Carlos give up, even when cramping at FO. He's taken
    those elements from Djoker and Nadal, who also never give up in a slam
    match. Remember Nadal 2022 AO final v Medvedev, only Rafa thought he
    would win from 2-6 6-7 1-3 down. I've seen Federer give up in big slam
    matches v Novak and Rafa, go through the motions and accepting the
    inevitable.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Whisper@21:1/5 to Sawfish on Tue Jul 18 21:45:03 2023
    On 18/07/2023 1:18 am, Sawfish wrote:
    Novak amazing to get this close at age 36. Good chance this is the end >>>>> of Novak's slam winning days. Carlos will be hot fave to retain USO
    and
    health.

is a young rival.
    stages of slams.

Yes, but it also appears he has a couple other problems too. V Novak in
    semis it looked like he learned nothing in a yr, played exactly the same
    way with no new tricks. He's still young but needs to pull his finger
    out if he wants to be a slam champ.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Sawfish@21:1/5 to Tuan on Tue Jul 18 09:26:20 2023
    On 7/17/23 9:11 PM, Tuan wrote:
    On Tuesday, July 18, 2023 at 9:59:21 AM UTC+10, Court_1 wrote:
    Novak amazing to get this close at age 36. Good chance this is the >>>>>>> end of Novak's slam winning days. Carlos will be hot fave to retain >>>>>>> USO and Novak 37 next yr, very old for a tennis player despite his >>>>>>> amazing health.

One of the telling factors was that Alcaraz won in the *front* half of >>>>>> the court. He has the best short court game I've seen and for an older >>>>>> guy, having to come to the forecourt after drop shots or touch volleys >>>>>> was a significant factor. Cumulatively, it sapped Djok.

--
    "It is Pointless, and endless Trouble, to cast a stone at every dog >>>>>> that barks at you."

--Sawfish

It APPEARED close only because Alcaraz threw the first set away. And the reason for that is that his confidence in facing Joker was still shaken after the FO. Otherwise it would have been 3-1. Now the baggage is off his shoulders...

That's my assessment, too. And that, to a degree, the baggage is now on
    Djok's. As well as Father Time's fat ass...

But what? We've got the USO soon, the year end, and the AO. That'll tell
    us what's what. And there's really no need to predict a winner before
    then. I'll go so far as to say that I'd not favor Djok, but I'd not say
    that Alcaraz will win.

Possibly neither or only one will make it to the final of each.

--
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ "The difference between a democracy and a dictatorship is that in a democracy you vote first and take orders later; in a dictatorship you don’t have to waste your time voting."

--Charles Bukowski ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From TT@21:1/5 to All on Tue Jul 18 22:59:21 2023
    Court_1 kirjoitti 17.7.2023 klo 2.50:

amazing health.

--
    that barks at you."

--Sawfish

Yup. Djoke will come back stronger when he climbs back from his egg.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Court_1@21:1/5 to Gracchus on Tue Jul 18 20:59:34 2023
    On Monday, July 17, 2023 at 11:42:28 PM UTC-4, Gracchus wrote:
    On Monday, July 17, 2023 at 8:00:29 PM UTC-7, Court_1 wrote:
    On Sunday, July 16, 2023 at 10:56:40 AM UTC-7, Whisper wrote: >>>> Novak amazing to get this close at age 36. Good chance this is the end

I picked Djok in 5 in the pre-final poll. He had a chance early in the 5th set when he missed 2 relatively easy shots in one of Alcaraz's service games. But I am not disappointed as Alcaraz is an exciting player, and a good kid. Good for
    the game. Now all he needs is a young rival.

It has nothing to do with stamina IMO. It's his game. He's a much lesser Berdych. Just a dumb ball-basher with zero plan B. At least Berdych pulled off some wins against the Big Three. However, the weird thing is that Sinner seems to be a tough
    match-up for Alcaraz!

LOL! I must have lost my train of thought. IIRC, I was going to say that Alcaraz sees Sinner as his toughest *contemporary* rival, but I don't think he'll have the flexibility to keep up with Alcaraz as their games develop further. The h2h is slightly
    misleading too, because Alcaraz clearly had physical problems during their Miami match. Not just cramping--he hurt his left hand and wasn't the same after the first set. The Berdych comparison is apt. He can look awesome when he's zoning, but plays too
    many predictable patterns. Djokovic looked like he was reading Sinner's mind the other day.

Man, Sinner is just horrible for me to watch. He can hit a maximum of five shots and then he makes an error!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Court_1@21:1/5 to All on Tue Jul 18 21:00:16 2023
    On Tuesday, July 18, 2023 at 3:59:24 PM UTC-4, TT wrote:
    Court_1 kirjoitti 17.7.2023 klo 2.50:

end of Novak's slam winning days. Carlos will be hot fave to retain >>>> USO and Novak 37 next yr, very old for a tennis player despite his
    amazing health.

One of the telling factors was that Alcaraz won in the *front* half of >>> the court. He has the best short court game I've seen and for an older >>> guy, having to come to the forecourt after drop shots or touch volleys >>> was a significant factor. Cumulatively, it sapped Djok.

--
    that barks at you."

--Sawfish

Yup. Djoke will come back stronger when he climbs back from his egg.

No doubt!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From PeteWasLucky@21:1/5 to undecided on Thu Jul 20 17:14:55 2023
    undecided <costasz@gmail.com> Wrote in message:r
    On Monday, July 17, 2023 at 8:08:10PM UTC-4, Court_1 wrote:> On Monday, July 17, 2023 at 11:18:29AM UTC-4, Sawfish wrote: > > On 7/17/23 12:30 AM, The Iceberg wrote: > > > On Sunday, 16 July 2023 at 20:48:40 UTC+1, grif wrote: > > >> On 16/07/2023 20:
    35, Shakes wrote: > > >>> On Sunday, July 16, 2023 at 10:56:40AM UTC-7, Whisper wrote: > > >>>> Novak amazing to get this close at age 36. Good chance this is the end > > >>>> of Novak's slam winning days. Carlos will be hot fave to retain USO and > > >>
    Novak 37 next yr, very old for a tennis player despite his amazing health. > > >>> I thought 2019 F was better in overall quality over 5 sets. Today, I thought the 1st and 3rd sets were a letdown. > > >>> > > >>> I picked Djok in 5 in the pre-final
    poll. He had a chance early in the 5th set when he missed 2 relatively easy shots in one of Alcaraz's service games. But I am not disappointed as Alcaraz is an exciting player, and a good kid. Good for the game. Now all he needs is a young rival. > > >>
    Alcaraz's draw was not easy. I was surprised how comfortably he dispatched Rune. Rune seems to perform disappointingly in the latter stages of slams. > > > Rune seems pretty clueless, very talented, but clueless. Sinner doesn't have that excuse. > > > I'
    m now thinking that Sinner may have a stamina problem that is > > insurmountable.> It has nothing to do with stamina IMO. It's his game. He's a much lesser Berdych. Just a dumb ball-basher with zero plan B. At least Berdych pulled off some wins against
    the Big Three. However, the weird thing is that Sinner seems to be a tough match-up for Alcaraz!He is slightly smaller than Berdych but he hits as hard or harder. And, he seems to be quite mobile. Not Fed/Rafa/Djoker/Alcaraz level but quite good. His
    shots seem to have a lot of margin. That why he gives Alcaraz trouble.

I think Alcaraz will take care of Sinner in their future matches and his last loss to him was the result of overplaying.

Sinner is very overrated and Whisper likes the guy the same way he liked Roddick.
    --

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From undecided@21:1/5 to All on Thu Jul 20 06:24:13 2023
    On Monday, July 17, 2023 at 8:08:10 PM UTC-4, Court_1 wrote:

up for Alcaraz!
    He is slightly smaller than Berdych but he hits as hard or harder. And, he seems to be quite mobile. Not Fed/Rafa/Djoker/Alcaraz level but quite good. His shots seem to have a lot of margin. That why he gives Alcaraz trouble.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Sawfish@21:1/5 to undecided on Thu Jul 20 08:36:37 2023
    On 7/20/23 6:24 AM, undecided wrote:
    Novak amazing to get this close at age 36. Good chance this is the end >>>>>>> of Novak's slam winning days. Carlos will be hot fave to retain USO and >>>>>>> Novak 37 next yr, very old for a tennis player despite his amazing health.

insurmountable.
    up for Alcaraz!
    He is slightly smaller than Berdych but he hits as hard or harder. And, he seems to be quite mobile. Not Fed/Rafa/Djoker/Alcaraz level but quite good. His shots seem to have a lot of margin. That why he gives Alcaraz trouble.

Sinner is frustrating, tantalizing. He shows much better than average
    mobility, yet is tall with the sort of serve that comes with increased
    eight [NOTE: So how the hell does Alcaraz do it, huh? :^) ].  His head
    seems screwed on solid--not like Tsitsi or Zverev.

But he seems to fade toward the end of five sets, and since I do not see
    a mental breakdown (body language still good, etc.) I'm for now
    attributing it to stamina.

...but it could also be bad ju-ju.

--
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ "Those whom the gods wish to destroy, they first make Woke."

--Sawfish ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From undecided@21:1/5 to Sawfish on Fri Jul 21 14:20:53 2023
    On Thursday, July 20, 2023 at 11:36:40 AM UTC-4, Sawfish wrote:
    On Sunday, July 16, 2023 at 10:56:40 AM UTC-7, Whisper wrote: >>>>>>> Novak amazing to get this close at age 36. Good chance this is the end

insurmountable.
    match-up for Alcaraz!
    Sinner is frustrating, tantalizing. He shows much better than average mobility, yet is tall with the sort of serve that comes with increased
    eight [NOTE: So how the hell does Alcaraz do it, huh? :^) ]. His head

-- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ "Those whom the gods wish to destroy, they first make Woke."

Sinner still has belief that he has a chance at beating anyone. Djoker may have helped extinguish that belief. That is crucial in the career trajectory of young players. If they think they have a chance they will work even harder. If they don't then they
    plateau. I think Sinner thought he would do better vs Djoker but he got destroyed. I don't know what that did to him yet.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Whisper@21:1/5 to undecided on Sat Jul 22 19:01:07 2023
    On 22/07/2023 7:20 am, undecided wrote:

Sinner still has belief that he has a chance at beating anyone. Djoker may have helped extinguish that belief. That is crucial in the career trajectory of young players. If they think they have a chance they will work even harder. If >they don't then
    they plateau. I think Sinner thought he would do better vs Djoker but he got destroyed. I don't know what that did to him yet.

Sinner seems to have what it takes to win a few slams, great talent.
    However there must be something missing in his mental makeup given he's
    made no changes or improvements to his game at all. I was stunned to
    see his effort v Novak in semis, like he just played the same as always
    and right into Novak's hands, no new tricks/strategy. Maybe he was
    trying new things, but it didn't look like it to me. He's going to have
    to get some help else he'll end up another Zverev.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From The Iceberg@21:1/5 to All on Sun Jul 23 08:03:32 2023
    On Tuesday, 18 July 2023 at 01:08:10 UTC+1, Court_1 wrote:

up for Alcaraz!

yes totally agreed.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From The Iceberg@21:1/5 to Sawfish on Sun Jul 23 08:12:11 2023
    On Thursday, 20 July 2023 at 16:36:40 UTC+1, Sawfish wrote:
    On Sunday, July 16, 2023 at 10:56:40 AM UTC-7, Whisper wrote: >>>>>>> Novak amazing to get this close at age 36. Good chance this is the end

insurmountable.
    match-up for Alcaraz!
    Sinner is frustrating, tantalizing. He shows much better than average mobility, yet is tall with the sort of serve that comes with increased
    eight [NOTE: So how the hell does Alcaraz do it, huh? :^) ]. His head

Sinner has everything to win Wimbledon, just not a coach who can give him a clue about winning a slam which is what he needs.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From The Iceberg@21:1/5 to All on Sun Jul 23 08:09:42 2023
    On Tuesday, 18 July 2023 at 12:39:36 UTC+1, Pelle Svanslös wrote:
    On 18.7.2023 14.12, Whisper wrote:
    Novak amazing to get this close at age 36. Good chance this is the end >>>>> of Novak's slam winning days. Carlos will be hot fave to retain USO >>>>> and
    Novak 37 next yr, very old for a tennis player despite his amazing >>>>> health.

I thought 2019 F was better in overall quality over 5 sets. Today, I >>>> thought the 1st and 3rd sets were a letdown.

Alcaraz's service games. But I am not disappointed as Alcaraz is an >>>> exciting player, and a good kid. Good for the game. Now all he needs >>>> is a young rival.
    stages of slams.

A clowny situation. Not to mention that Mom & M will be constantly around.

you know Mouratoglou doesn't coach Rune anymore?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Gracchus@21:1/5 to The Iceberg on Sun Jul 23 08:21:00 2023
    On Sunday, July 23, 2023 at 8:12:13 AM UTC-7, The Iceberg wrote:

Sinner has everything to win Wimbledon, just not a coach who can give him a clue about winning a slam which is what he needs.

In an interview the day before their match, Djokovic said of Sinner, "I think I know his game pretty well." That remark should have been a huge clue to Sinner that he'd better have some surprises ready. He didn't, and we saw what happened. So yeah, a
    good coach with some fresh ideas. would be a nice start.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From The Iceberg@21:1/5 to Whisper on Sun Jul 23 08:19:24 2023
    On Saturday, 22 July 2023 at 10:01:26 UTC+1, Whisper wrote:
    On 22/07/2023 7:20 am, undecided wrote:

Sinner still has belief that he has a chance at beating anyone. Djoker may have helped extinguish that belief. That is crucial in the career trajectory of young players. If they think they have a chance they will work even harder. If >they don't then
    they plateau. I think Sinner thought he would do better vs Djoker but he got destroyed. I don't know what that did to him yet.
    Sinner seems to have what it takes to win a few slams, great talent.
    However there must be something missing in his mental makeup given he's
    made no changes or improvements to his game at all. I was stunned to
    see his effort v Novak in semis, like he just played the same as always
    and right into Novak's hands, no new tricks/strategy. Maybe he was
    trying new things, but it didn't look like it to me. He's going to have
    to get some help else he'll end up another Zverev.

yes think it's cos he's the type of player(like a lower-level version of Murray) who need someone else to help him get over the hurdle, to tell/show him how to do it. He cannot believe he can get past semi-final level as Djoker match proved.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Court_1@21:1/5 to The Iceberg on Sun Jul 23 22:51:53 2023
    On Sunday, July 23, 2023 at 11:12:13 AM UTC-4, The Iceberg wrote:
    On Thursday, 20 July 2023 at 16:36:40 UTC+1, Sawfish wrote:

insurmountable.
    match-up for Alcaraz!
    Sinner is frustrating, tantalizing. He shows much better than average mobility, yet is tall with the sort of serve that comes with increased eight [NOTE: So how the hell does Alcaraz do it, huh? :^) ]. His head seems screwed on solid--not like Tsitsi or Zverev.

a mental breakdown (body language still good, etc.) I'm for now attributing it to stamina.

Didn't Cahill coach slam-winners Simona Halep and Andre Agassi?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Court_1@21:1/5 to Gracchus on Sun Jul 23 22:55:57 2023
    On Sunday, July 23, 2023 at 11:21:02 AM UTC-4, Gracchus wrote:
    On Sunday, July 23, 2023 at 8:12:13 AM UTC-7, The Iceberg wrote:

In an interview the day before their match, Djokovic said of Sinner, "I think I know his game pretty well." That remark should have been a huge clue to Sinner that he'd better have some surprises ready. He didn't, and we saw what happened. So yeah, a
    good coach with some fresh ideas. would be a nice start.

Sinner is one-dimensional. Of course Djokovic knows his game. Big serve, three ball-bashing shots and then the fourth shot goes into the net. Federer could come out of retirement right this minute without any practice sessions and probably beat Sinner.
    Any players who have well-rounded games with good tennis IQ's should be able to beat Sinner.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05