• Calabria Boats, Opinions???

From toddmickalson@gmail.com@21:1/5 to Mark Kovalcson on Mon Aug 24 19:02:14 2015
    On Sunday, July 30, 2000 at 12:00:00 AM UTC-7, Mark Kovalcson wrote:
    Considering how things with the Internet are going, it sounds like Calabria will
    have to change how they do business a lot to stand a chance in the future.

A dealer can be a good thing. Over the years I have really come to respect a few
    dealers out there who really love this sport and know their stuff. In particular
    one really sticks out in my mind. The people there live and breath the sport, pull
    tournaments and participate in them. If I get a boat from them I know it will be
    tweaked and set up to pull a tournament as I receive it. I trust them almost enough
    to take it sight unseen and I think they would support me well enough remotely that
    I wouldn't miss having a local dealership most of the time. When you buy a boat
    like this the dealership is doing a great job.

Andy and Mindy Poorman wrote:

Company:
    I got mine directly from the factory to save money and because there is not a
    dealer in the local area. This was a bad idea. They are very slow to respond
    and we had to keep pestering them to just get what we ordered and paid for. And
    we never did get the right trailer. It basically took the threat of lawyer involvement to get the money back that we paid for a tandem axle after the boat
    arrived on a single axle.
    All in all, it took about 6 months after delivery to get the boat to where it
    was supposed to be the day of delivery.

--

Mark Kovalcson
    http://www.perfectpull.com
    Waterski Training Equipment

Considering how things with the Internet are going, it sounds like Calabria will

A dealer can be a good thing. Over the years I have really come to respect a few
    dealers out there who really love this sport and know their stuff. In particular
    one really sticks out in my mind. The people there live and breath the sport, pull
    tournaments and participate in them. If I get a boat from them I know it will be
    tweaked and set up to pull a tournament as I receive it. I trust them almost enough
    to take it sight unseen and I think they would support me well enough remotely that

Company:
    we never did get the right trailer. It basically took the threat of lawyer involvement to get the money back that we paid for a tandem axle after the boat

--

Mark Kovalcson

Company:

--

Mark Kovalcson

I got my 2015 Calabria Pro V II a month and a half ago. Nothing but problems. The quality is bad. The driver seat pulled out and all that was holding it in was basically 3 sheet rock screws. The observer seat is the wrong seat and does not fit the space
    correctly and will blow open when running down the river or lake. The center floor section shifted and is different levels now. the back center seat section now sits an inch lower than the other seats. The ballast switches are backwards. The left switch
    runs the right tank and vice versa. After 3 uses, the right tank will not fill. The display button does nothing, but the speedometer calibration switch runs the display. The padding as you enter the open bow is rattling loose as well. Took the swim
    platform off to wax the boat and the middle bracket was heavily modified. It had a second hole drilled out and some grinding done to it to make the platform lock in. The list keeps growing. I have the dealer trying to get some resolution, but not much
    luck so far. They are dealing with the factory. Turns out Bob is the owner still, but Dave from Wakecraft is building the boats now. Bob was good to talk to, but Dave is a different story and hard to reach. I want them to buy the boat back. I dropped
    alot of money on a brand new boat and it is unsafe and the craftsmanship is poor.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From paulrannis@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Mon May 13 13:03:12 2019
    I bought a 2004 Calabria Cal Air Pro V brand new from Hipp Marine in San Diego then Just sold in April 2019. Never once did I have a major problem with it. A couple things I didnt like though. Didnt cut through choppy water well. Wasn't a big fan of the way they mounted the tower, little slow... but these are similar issues that
    everyone has on other wakeboard boats. The team swim step warped and looked bad but it still worked well. A few times, I contacted Calabria about getting g parts. I wanted to replace the swim step because I hated the warped teak. Their customer service
    was horrible. There was a time where a ski rope broke the part on the boat that measures its speed. I contacted calabria to order the part. Another joke. Could never get ahold of them to order the part. I ended up finding one online as it was a universal
    part. So, overall, the boat was great for 15 years. Never any problems with the boat. The customer service was so lousy. Chances of me ever buying another Calabria are slim. I'm looking for a replacement boat. Probably will end up with a Mastercraft X45,
    Tige or one of Correct Crafts lines (Supreme, Nautique or Centurion). I'm not really a big fan of Malibu yet. May need to check them out more. But definitively not a Calabria at this time specifically because if I'm paying a LOT of money for a boat, I'd
    want it to come from a reputable place that cares about their customers.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)