• [PW] Essa Rios & Lite Set To Reunite For The First Time In 20 Years

From ProWrestling.com@21:1/5 to All on Thu Jun 27 15:06:05 2019
    ProWrestling.com

///////////////////////////////////////////
    Essa Rios & Lite Set To Reunite For The First Time In 20 Years

Posted: 27 Jun 2019 11:40 AM PDT https://www.prowrestling.com/essa-rios-lite-set-to-reunite-for-the-first-time-in-20-years/

Expo Lucha issued the following, announcing that Essa Rios & WWE Hall of
    Famer Amy Dumas (aka Lita) will be reuniting at their Aug. 18th event:

Expo Lucha has revealed the star studded lineup for the MEXICO vs. THE
    WORLD SuperShow taking place Sunday night, August 18th in San Diego, CA.

In the main event Penta Zero M, Rey Fenix and Mr. Aguila with Amy Dumas (Aguila & the WWE Hall of Famers first in-ring appearance together in nearly 20 years) will take on the team of Brian Cage, TJ Perkins and Jack Evans.

The rest of the insanely stacked show includes:

Psychosis & Juventud Guerrera & Jack Evans

vs.

MLWs Hart Foundation Teddy Hart & Davey Boy Smith Jr. & Brian Pillman Jr.

Laredo Kid & Puma King & Flamita

vs.

Jake Atlas & Douglas James & Adrian Quest

Taya Valkyrie (AAA) & Christi Jaynes (Crash) & Viva Van (EMW)

vs.

Tessa Blanchard & Zada Zang & Simone Sherie

Daga & La Mascara

vs.

Joey Ryan & Danny Limelight

And a bonus match that is  Mexico vs. Mexico, but was too good to leave off the weekend:

Drago & Aerostar vs. Rey Horus & Septimo Dragon 

Expo Lucha 2019 takes place August 17-18 at the Harry West Gymnasium at San Diego City College.

Tickets to the Sunday night MEXICO vs. THE WORLD SuperShow are only $25 for adults and $10 for children for GA seating.

Additional Expo Lucha packages are available including One-Day and Two-Day passes.  All-day passes start at $50 and include an additional afternoon
    show (Viva La Lucha on Saturday, Legends of Lucha Libre on Sunday) and your opportunity for AUTOGRAPHS FROM & PHOTOS WITH nearly all talent on the
    MEXICO vs. THE WORLD SuperShow INCLUDED in your ticket price.  Expo Lucha truly is the best value in all wrestling related conventions.

For more details visit https://ExpoLucha.com.

The post Essa Rios Lite Set To Reunite For The First Time In 20 Years
    appeared first on ProWrestling.com.

Jon Moxley vs. Joey Janela Is Now "Non-Sanctioned"

Posted: 27 Jun 2019 11:24 AM PDT https://www.prowrestling.com/jon-moxley-vs-joey-janela-is-now-non-sanctioned/

AEW took to Twitter to announce that the upcoming match between Jon Moxley
    & Joey Janela will have no rules and will be non-sanctioned. The match will
    air free in the USA on June 29th  for anyone with a B/R Live account.

This Saturday @JonMoxley vs @JanelaBaby#AEW x @CEOGaming #FyterFest pic.twitter.com/5J1o2oRBco

- All Elite Wrestling (@AEWrestling) June 27, 2019

The post Jon Moxley vs. Joey Janela Is Now Non-Sanctioned appeared first on ProWrestling.com.

Backstage News on Paul Heyman & Eric Bischoff as WWE Executive Directors,
    Vince McMahons Role Going Forward

Posted: 27 Jun 2019 08:20 AM PDT https://www.prowrestling.com/backstage-news-on-paul-heyman-eric-bischoff-as-wwe-executive-directors-vince-mcmahons-role-going-forward/

WWE has now confirmed the breaking news first reported by Sports Illustrated this morning, that Paul Heyman and Eric Bischoff have been
    hired as the new Executive Directors of Monday Night Raw and Smackdown
    Live, respectively.

The company released the following statement:

WWE has named Paul Heyman as Executive Director of Monday Night Raw and Eric Bischoff as Executive Director of SmackDown LIVE, newly created positions reporting directly to WWE Chairman & CEO Vince McMahon.

In their executive roles, Heyman and Bischoff will oversee the creative development of WWE’s flagship programming and ensure integration across all platforms and lines of business. The creation of these roles further establishes WWE’s ability to continuously reinvent its global brand while providing two distinct creative processes for its flagship shows.

PWInsider has now provided some backstage insight behind this major,
    unfolding situation. WWE has reportedly been working on bringing Heyman
    into the creative fold for quite some time now, while the decision to reach
    out to Bischoff came much more recently.

There was a pitch to hire Heyman as a top member of the WWE creative team, apparently in the same time frame that Bruce Prichard was brought back in a similar role. He will now head up the Monday night flagship show, and is expected to maintain his on-screen duties as Brock Lesnars advocate going forward.

One of Mr. Bischoffs biggest strengths is his history working with TV executives both in and out of wrestling, most notable with Turner and Spike
    TV. He will be overseeing Smackdown Live and working directly with FOX executives to establish a unique brand for the network when it relaunches
    later this year.

PWInsider also noted that a source described the situation as being similar
    to Triple H running the NXT brand, as the two will be in charge of all
    aspects pertaining to their respective shows, while Vince McMahon continues
    to run the company and will obviously have final say in any situation. They
    are not simply members of the creative team.

The post Backstage News on Paul Heyman Eric Bischoff as WWE Executive Directors, Vince McMahons Role Going Forward appeared first on ProWrestling.com.

Ryno Wrestling Review Episode 88: Stomping Grounds Recap, Ospreay/Rollins, Taker Returns, & Your Emails!

Posted: 27 Jun 2019 07:10 AM PDT https://www.prowrestling.com/ryno-wrestling-review-episode-88-stomping-grounds-recap-ospreay-rollins-taker-returns-your-emails/

Dan is joined by Jason Calascibetta to recap a hit-and-miss WWE Stomping Grounds show, and the fallout that ensued.  The boys also answer your
    emails, covering the Twitter drama between Will Ospreay and Seth Rollins,
    the return of the Undertaker, and so much more!  Listen here:

Play Episode 88

As always, you can subscribe on Apple Podcasts, or your favorite podcast platform!

The post Ryno Wrestling Review Episode 88: Stomping Grounds Recap, Ospreay/Rollins, Taker Returns, Your Emails! appeared first on ProWrestling.com.

This posting includes a media file: https://rynowrestlingreview.s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/Episode+88.mp3

Paul Heyman & Eric Bischoff Hired as Executive Directors of WWE Television

Posted: 27 Jun 2019 07:06 AM PDT https://www.prowrestling.com/paul-heyman-eric-bischoff-hired-as-executive-directors-of-wwe-television/

A major change is coming to WWE programming.

WWE confirmed with Sports Illustrated this morning that Paul Heyman and
    Eric Bischoff have been hired on as the new Executive Directors of Monday Night Raw and Smackdown Live, respectively.

While both men have famously gone to war in the past as fictional on-screen General Managers, these positions are legitimate WWE executive roles that report directly to Vince McMahon.

Their exact duties at this point have not been spelled out, but Heyman will essentially have very real power to craft his vision for the Monday night flagship show, while Bischoff will work with FOX executives to do the same on Smackdown, which will be moving to Friday nights later this year.

AN UPDATE ON THIS SITUATION IS AVAILABLE.

The post Paul Heyman Eric Bischoff Hired as Executive Directors of WWE Television appeared first on ProWrestling.com.

Becky Lynch Reflects On Her 5 Year Anniversary With WWE

Posted: 27 Jun 2019 07:06 AM PDT https://www.prowrestling.com/becky-lynch-reflects-on-her-5-year-anniversary-with-wwe/

Today marks 5 years since The Man, Becky Lynch debuted with WWE, and she reflected on that time on social media with a Twitter post.

Lynch stated, Its been 5 years since I debuted. 5 years of looking for ways
    to break through and not asking permission. For those whove supported me,
    thank you. For the others, its been fun to watch your heads exploding

It’s been 5 years since I debuted. 5 years of looking for ways to break through and not asking permission. For those who’ve supported me, thank
    you. For the others, it’s been fun to watch your heads exploding pic.twitter.com/cIvyA7bibe

- The Man (@BeckyLynchWWE) June 27, 2019

The post Becky Lynch Reflects On Her 5 Year Anniversary With WWE appeared
    first on ProWrestling.com.

CM Punk Files Lawsuit Against Colt Cabana

Posted: 27 Jun 2019 06:49 AM PDT https://www.prowrestling.com/cm-punk-files-lawsuit-against-colt-cabana/

In a report by PWInsider.com, it has been confirmed that CM Punk has filed
    a new lawsuit this week against his former best friend, Colt Cabana.

Punk has filed a countersuit against Cabana on June 18th, with the former
    WWE Champion seeking $600,000 for general damages as well as interest and
    legal fees in a response to an amended lawsuit filed by Cabana back in
    August of 2018.

Cabana had originally sued Punk in August last year for a breach of
    contract and fraud over legal fees related to the original lawsuit against
    WWE and Dr. Amman. Cabana had claimed Punk promised to cover his legal
    bills, but Punks legal team dropped him as a client.

Cabana then got his own representation after the two men had a personal
    fallout and he is seeking $200,000 for his personal legal costs and
    additional damages.

Punk has now claimed he spent $1.2 million in legal fees between himself
    and Cabana in the original Amann lawsuit and was never reimbursed. Punk
    also added that the infamous podcast he did with Cabana was incredibly
    popular, yet he never received any compensation.

Cabana must respond to this by July 3rd.

The post CM Punk Files Lawsuit Against Colt Cabana appeared first on ProWrestling.com.

Joey Janela Tells Cody Hall To Get His Act Together

Posted: 27 Jun 2019 05:59 AM PDT https://www.prowrestling.com/joey-janela-tells-cody-hall-to-get-his-act-together/

AEW star, Joey Janela got into a war of words with Cody Hall yesterday on social media, telling the son of Scott Hall to get his act together.

The Bad Boy had originally posted a tweet about the bad travel day he was doing, urging people to leave him alone, to which Cody Hall decided to
    respond.

Hall claimed that Joey was posting for attention but then telling people to leave him alone and Janela fired back with a brutal response. Janela stated that Cod is 28, 69 and is the son of Scott Hall, yet he isnt signed
    anywhere and doesnt get notable indie dates, telling him to get his act together.

Dude you’re 28, 6’9 and the son of Scott Hall and you’re not signed anywhere nor get any notable independent dates.
    Get your fucking act together Chico

- Bad Boy Joey Janela (@JANELABABY) June 26, 2019

The post Joey Janela Tells Cody Hall To Get His Act Together appeared first
    on ProWrestling.com.

Watch: Candice LeRae Receives Medical Attention After Attack By Io Shirai

Posted: 27 Jun 2019 05:33 AM PDT https://www.prowrestling.com/watch-candice-lerae-receives-medical-attention-after-attack-by-io-shirai/

WWE has uploaded an exclusive clip to its YouTube channel following last
    nights WWE NXT, showing Candice LeRae receiving medical treatment.

After losing in the main event of NXT last night, Io Shirai brutally
    attacked LeRae, who had come down to the ring during the steel cage match
    to help her.

As the clip below shows, LeRae was left in a bad way after the attack by
    Shirai which saw the WWE Universe turn on her, with the popular WWE
    Superstar needing medical attention.

The post Watch: Candice LeRae Receives Medical Attention After Attack By Io Shirai appeared first on ProWrestling.com.

Christian And Edge Choose Each Others Greatest Matches

Posted: 27 Jun 2019 05:06 AM PDT https://www.prowrestling.com/christian-and-edge-choose-each-others-greatest-matches/

During the recent E&C Pod Of Awesomeness Edge and Christian chose each
    others greatest matches from their in-ring careers. Below are some
    highlights with a H/T to WrestlingInc.com for the transcriptions.

Edge picks Christians best matches:

I always said [Christian] was able to make, and this is not a knock on
    Yoshi Tatsu, but [Christian] was able to make Yoshi Tatsu look like Ricky Steamboat. But there are some [matches]that kind of fly under the radar
    that I really enjoyed. [Christian] had a series with Regal, I believe it
    was on ECW, and I really enjoyed that because of the contrast in styles.
    And it was really one of those instances where [Christian] worked well with
    a guy like Randy [Orton] who has a methodical that thing he does. Well,
    Regal is very much the same way, but involves a lot of chain wrestling and things like that. And then, [Christian] had the ability to pick it up in between and knew when to do it. And I really enjoyed your matches with him. Edge continued, Im saying those because they are under-the-radar, but, I
    mean, there [are]the obvious ones with [Christian] and Randy and SummerSlam Street Fight, but those ones I always just remember watching because some people couldnt adapt to Regals style and I always enjoyed, really enjoyed, working Regal and trying to adapt to it, but [Christian] really did a great
    job with that.

Christian picks Edges best matches:

My favorite match of [Edges] was [his]match, the main event of WrestleMania [24] with The Undertaker, Christian said. I mean, it doesnt get any bigger than that. We dreamt of that as kids growing up. Like, main eventing, being world champion, walking down that aisle at WrestleMania
    as the last match, as the main event, as the headliner. And [Edge] got to
    do it against one of the biggest, if not the biggest and most revered
    Superstar in the history of the company. And I remember too, [Edge] worked
    that match really smart as well. And I think my favorite part of it, and I think I texted [Edge] after because I wasnt there at the time, was that
    [Edge] waited for the Hells Gate and you didnt tease it or attempt it.
    [They] just did it once and I completely forgot that it was in
    [Undertakers] arsenal till he hit it and it was the biggest surprise of the match for me and I thought it was perfectly placed. And I think overall
    that was my favourite match of [Edges] and it was a tough position. [The
    crowd] had seen so much that night and you had them.

The post Christian And Edge Choose Each Others Greatest Matches appeared
    first on ProWrestling.com.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)