• [PW] AEW All Out Sells Out In 15 Minutes, More Than 65K People Left In

From ProWrestling.com@21:1/5 to All on Fri Jun 14 15:50:14 2019
    ProWrestling.com

///////////////////////////////////////////
    AEW All Out Sells Out In 15 Minutes, More Than 65K People Left In Queue

Posted: 14 Jun 2019 10:23 AM PDT https://www.prowrestling.com/aew-all-out-sells-out-in-15-minutes-more-than-65k-people-left-without-tickets/

All Elite Wrestling has done it again.

Tickets for their Labor Day weekend All Out event went on sale this
    afternoon at 12PM eastern, and promptly sold out in just under 15 minutes.

Fans attempting to purchase tickets, ranging from just $30 to $190 a head,
    were placed into a virtual waiting room prior to the on-sale beginning. At
    the stroke of noon, everyone waiting was given a random position in the
    queue, with all those who logged on late added to the end of the line.

By the time tickets sold out, there were more than 65,000 people still
    waiting in the queue and over 200 tickets had already begun popping up on
    the secondary market, at drastically inflated prices.

AEW All Out takes place at the Sears Center outside of Chicago, IL on
    Saturday, August 31st. Announced for the show is Chris Jericho vs. Hangman
    Page to crown the first ever AEW World Champion, and Kenny Omega vs. Jon Moxley.

The post AEW All Out Sells Out In 15 Minutes, More Than 65K People Left In Queue appeared first on ProWrestling.com.

Watch: Nia Jax Provides Update On Her Recovery

Posted: 14 Jun 2019 07:06 AM PDT https://www.prowrestling.com/watch-nia-jax-provides-update-on-her-recovery/

WWE Superstar, Nia Jax has provided an update on her recovery from injury
    on her social media, showing a video of her working out for her road back.

Rehab is going well. 7 weeks post double ACL surgery. pic.twitter.com/uAn8ztgwqz

- (@NiaJaxWWE) June 13, 2019

The post Watch: Nia Jax Provides Update On Her Recovery appeared first on ProWrestling.com.

Kofi Kingston On Representing More Than Just Race, Brock Lesnar Possibly Cashing In, More

Posted: 14 Jun 2019 06:27 AM PDT https://www.prowrestling.com/kofi-kingston-on-representing-more-than-just-race-brock-lesnar-possibly-cashing-in-more/

WWE Champion, Kofi Kingston recently spoke with Sports Illustrated about a range of topics, including his recent trip to Ghana.

On returning to Ghana:

I didn’t know what to expect, but I definitely didn’t expect the reception to be nearly as energetic and wild as it was. The level of elation I felt
    for coming home made me feel blessed, and it really meant a lot to me to
    come back home as WWE Champion.

On representing more than just race:

My story is not just about race, it has transcended race. My story had been
    one of struggle. Anyone, from any background, can relate to struggling.
    Having a conflict, not believing you could accomplish your goal, and people holding you down and telling you that you can’t do something; I have been
    in all of those positions. I’ve had the option of quitting or to keep fighting. I want to set the example for everyone, and that doesn’t matter about race, as long as you’re willing to fight to achieve what you want to achieve.
    I think that’s why people were so happy I won at WrestleMania—my story is much bigger than one race. It’s a story where people of all ethnicities can relate. That’s why I’ve put so much pressure on myself to be the best WWE champion I can be.

On Brock Lesnar possibly cashing in on him:

I’m not ruling out Paul Heyman and Brock Lesnar showing up on SmackDown and cashing in. Until Brock actually cashes in his contract, there is always a target on my back.
    That has been the story of my career. I’m not necessarily believed in. But
    I would love for him to cash in his contract on me, putting me in that
    David vs. Goliath role. That’s something I would welcome. I want to become the best WWE champion of all time, so I want to go up against the best competition. And Brock is one of the best. Brock is going to have to be up
    for a fight if he challenges me, but I’d welcome it.

The post Kofi Kingston On Representing More Than Just Race, Brock Lesnar Possibly Cashing In, More appeared first on ProWrestling.com.

*SPOILERS* WWE NXT TV Taping Results For July & August

Posted: 14 Jun 2019 05:47 AM PDT https://www.prowrestling.com/spoilers-wwe-nxt-tv-taping-results-for-july-august/

Last night saw the latest WWE NXT TV Taping take place, with the company
    taping episodes for July and August heading into the next Takeover event.

Below are the results from the tapings courtesy of Jacob Cohen, and
    obviously from this point on the article is spoiler heavy.

-This set of tapings opens with a promo from a newly heel Io Shirai, and a recap of the steel cage match against Shayna Baszler. Shirai gets booed heavily, then says he doesn’t have any friends, and she doesn’t need any of us.

Matt Riddle defeated Arturo Ruas. Ruas is a rebranded Adrian Jaoude. Riddle wins by ref stoppage. After the match, Killian Dain returns and attacks
    Riddle, putting him through the stage with a running senton.
    KUSHIDA defeated Apollo Crews. Another NXT return. KUSHIDA wins by
    submission with the Hoverboard Lock. After the match, the two men shook
    hands.

-Adam Cole cuts a promo and says he’s going to defend the NXT Championship against Twan Tucker, a Johnny Gargano and Candice LeRae trainee. Gargano
    makes an appearance and brawls with Cole, culminating with Gargano diving
    off the stage onto Cole.

NXT Tag Team Championship Match: The Street Profits (c) defeated Oney
    Lorcan and Danny Burch. The Profits retained with their spinebuster/frog splash combination. After the match, the Undisputed Era appeared on the
    stage and clapped for them.

–The Cole/Gargano brawl continued, with Gargano tapping out Cole with the Gargano Escape.

NXT Breakout Tournament Semifinal: Jordan Myles defeated Angel Garza. Apparently the brackets have changed from the graphic shown during Wednesday’s taping. Shane Thorne stormed out to the commentary table as the match was ending.
    Bianca Belair defeated Xia Li. Belair won with the KOD.

–Velveteen Dream cuts a promo challenging someone to step up and challenge him for the North American Championship. Roderick Strong steps up, but
    Dream tells him he’s not worthy. Pete Dunne interrupted, laid out Strong,
    and had a staredown with Dream.

Io Shirai vs. Kacy Catanzaro ended when Candice LeRae attacked and brawled with Shirai.
    Damian Priest defeated Keith Lee. Priest capitalized on a referee
    distraction and used a spin kick and his version of Cross Rhodes to pin Lee. Tyler Breeze defeated Jaxson Ryker. Breeze won with a surprise roll-up.
    After the match the Forgotten Sons attacked Breeze until a returning
    Fandango made the save.
    NXT Breakout Tournament Semifinal: Cameron Grimes defeated Bronson Reed. Grimes won with a running double stomp. The finals at TakeOver:
    Toronto will be Cameron Grimes (Trevor Lee) vs. Jordan Myles (ACH).

– Shayna Baszler cut a promo on Mia Yim ahead of their NXT Women’s Championship match at TakeOver: Toronto. Yim interrupted, the two talked
    trash, and Baszler held up the NXT Women’s Championship.\

– Matt Riddle showed up for a match, but was attacked by Killian Dain again.

KUSHIDA defeated Scott Parker. This appeared to be a re-shoot from the previous night’s taping. KUSHIDA won by submission with the Hoverboard Lock.

– The Street Profits and Undisputed Era had a contract signing for the NXT Tag Team Championship match at TakeOver: Toronto, and it somehow didn’t end in violence.

Shane Thorne defeated Joaquin Wilde. Thorne pinned Wilde after a running
    knee.
    Pete Dunne defeated Roderick Strong. Dunne won by submission. After the
    match, Velveteen Dream had a staredown with Dunne. Strong yelled at Dream
    that the title will be his at TakeOver. Dream posed, allowing Dunne to
    catch him off guard, snap his fingers, and hit the Bitter End.

The post *SPOILERS* WWE NXT TV Taping Results For July August appeared
    first on ProWrestling.com.

Adam Rose Opens Up On How Bad Things Were Towards The End Of His WWE Run

Posted: 14 Jun 2019 05:30 AM PDT https://www.prowrestling.com/adam-rose-opens-up-on-how-bad-things-were-towards-the-end-of-his-wwe-run/

In a recent interview with The Orlando Sentinel to promote his upcoming retirement match where he discussed the end of his WWE run.

Why he wants his retirement match to be against Bull Dempsey:

We havent seen each other in a while, but I couldnt have picked anyone
    better to do it with, Rose said. He was there for the birth of Adam Rose,
    and in a world where you make many acquaintances, hes one of the few true friends Ive made in the wrestling business. It hasnt hit me yet that this
    is the end. I think Ill be more emotional when Im in the ring and it
    actually happens. But its time to go.

On the end of his WWE run:

I was an idiot at the end – a moron, a bumbling buffoon, Rose said. I made mistake after mistake, a lot of them out of self-sabotage because I was so unhappy. I developed a drug addiction and just acted out in every way. The
    fact that WWE let me leave on what I consider good terms and helped me get clean is a miracle.

On AEW providing competition:

Im really happy that more companies are coming up to compete with WWE, Rose said. Everything is better when theres competition – the creative teams
    push each other, wages go up, everybodys happier, so they work harder.

The post Adam Rose Opens Up On How Bad Things Were Towards The End Of His
    WWE Run appeared first on ProWrestling.com.

*Spoilers* Main Roster Superstars Returns To NXT (Photos)

Posted: 14 Jun 2019 04:55 AM PDT https://www.prowrestling.com/spoilers-main-roster-superstars-returns-to-nxt-photos/

Last night saw the latest set of WWE NXT TV tapings take place and during
    the show, two main roster stars made their returns to the black and yellow brand.

Both Apollo Crews and former SAnitY member, Killian Dain appeared at the tapings, making surprise appearances on the shows which will air on the WWE Network in July and August.

Apollo went one-on-one with one of WWEs newest talents, Kushida in a
    singles match, losing by submission.

Dain appeared following Matt Riddles victory over Arture Ruas and attacked
    the King Of The Bros, destroying Riddle, eventually putting him through the stage with a huge running senton.

It is unknown at the moment whether or not both men are back full-time, but
    it certainly seems like Dain is set to return to NXT permanently after he
    set up a feud with Riddle, but with Apollo, it is less clear.

We have @WWEApollo v @KUSHIDA_0904 ! pic.twitter.com/o5IM1pUBOX

- JJ Williams (@JJWilliamsWON) June 13, 2019

The Beast Of Belfast returns to destroy Bro pic.twitter.com/4TdSmr5fzt

- JJ Williams (@JJWilliamsWON) June 13, 2019

The post *Spoilers* Main Roster Superstars Returns To NXT (Photos) appeared first on ProWrestling.com.

*Spoilers* Injured Main Roster Star Returns At WWE NXT TV Tapings

Posted: 14 Jun 2019 04:37 AM PDT https://www.prowrestling.com/spoilers-injured-main-roster-star-returns-at-wwe-nxt-tv-tapings/

At last nights WWE NXT TV tapings an injured WWE main roster superstar made
    a surprise return to action at Full Sail University.

Fandango returned last night, making his first appearance since he suffered
    a torn labrum back in July 2018. The experienced wrestler returned to help
    his former tag team partner, Tyler Breeze, who was being attacked by The Forgotten Sons.

The episode featuring his return should air on either the July 24 or July
    31 episode of NXT. It is currently unknown whether or not the Fashion
    Police will be teaming up full-time in NXT at this point, or if it was just
    a one-off appearance, but Breeze is remaining in NXT moving forwards.

All time great moment as @WWEFandango saves @MmmGorgeous !! pic.twitter.com/NHb61fzlZL

- JJ Williams (@JJWilliamsWON) June 14, 2019

The post *Spoilers* Injured Main Roster Star Returns At WWE NXT TV Tapings appeared first on ProWrestling.com.

Ric Flair Apologizes To Shawn Michaels For Calling Him Out

Posted: 14 Jun 2019 04:18 AM PDT https://www.prowrestling.com/ric-flair-apologizes-to-shawn-michaels-for-calling-him-out/

The Nature Boy, Ric Flair posted a brand new video promoting an upcoming
    event where he decided to take some time out to apologize to Shawn Michaels.

Flair had previously called out HBK for the comments he made during his 30
    For 30 that he didnt appreciate, but it seems that the two-time WWE Hall Of Famer has had a change of heart.

In his latest video, Flair stated:

“I wanted to take one moment to apologize to Shawn Michaels. Shawn, I got excited. I was upset about some stuff and took it out on you. I apologize.
    You and Ricky Steamboat will always be the greatest wrestlers I’ve ever
    been in the ring with. Let’s leave it at that.”

The post Ric Flair Apologizes To Shawn Michaels For Calling Him Out
    appeared first on ProWrestling.com.

The Goal For Ashley Massaros Daughters Educational Fund Has been Met

Posted: 13 Jun 2019 06:06 PM PDT https://www.prowrestling.com/the-goal-for-ashley-massaros-daughters-educational-fund-has-been-met/

WWE Hall of Famer Mick Foley has announced that the goal for Ashley
    Massaros Daughters educational fund has been met. The announcement came on
    June 13, via Foleys Twitter account.

The GoFundMe was started on May 22, following the death of former WWE Diva Ashley Massaro. The goal of $100,000 was set to help Ashleys 18-year old daughter Alexa go to college. That goal has been met and then some.

This is certainly good news for Ashleys fans, who where devastated by her passing. Massaro was one of the most popular female Superstars in WWE and
    her fans followed her even after she left the company. in 2008.

The fund was made possible by a group of female wrestling stars, including Mickie James, Lita, Gail Kim, Maria Kanellis, Candice Michelle and Christy Hemme. They banded together with several others to form The Squared Circle Sisters and lead the charge to help Alexa.

YO ASHLEYWE DID IT!
    May this fund for your daughter Lexi assure that your magnificent light
    will continue to shine.
    Thanks to everyone the 2,800 who donated, and countless others who created awareness for making this happen. My heart is full!
    pic.twitter.com/s5AwepNGOa

- Mick Foley (@RealMickFoley) June 13, 2019

The post The Goal For Ashley Massaros Daughters Educational Fund Has been
    Met appeared first on ProWrestling.com.

Triple H Hosts Ohio State Football Players Tour of WWEs Performance Center

Posted: 13 Jun 2019 05:37 PM PDT https://www.prowrestling.com/triple-h-hosts-ohio-states-football-players-tour-of-wwes-performance-center/

WWE hosted five Ohio State football players at the companys Performance
    Center on June 13. The meeting was made possible due to cooperation between OSUs player development externship program and Vince McMahons company.

Justin Hilliard, Davon Hamilton, Shaun Wade, Nicholas Petit-Frere and Liam McCullough shadowed the NXT coaches. The players received a crash course in
    how Superstars train, as well as how they prepare for the ring. The tour
    also included a presentation lead by Triple H, Shawn Michaels and Stephanie McMahon.

The Performance Center is regarded by many as the most elite training
    facility in professional wrestling. NXTs finest come through the PC, where
    they learn the WWE style, as well as what the company expects from them on
    the mic.

NXT continues to be perhaps the most popular brand in the business today.
    The Superstars of NXT are always on their game and theyre always ready to impress. That was especially true at TakeOVer XXV, on June 1 which saw Adam Cole win the NXT Championship from Johnny Gargano.

Hope you had a great time touring the @WWEPC, @OhioStateFB! https://t.co/8wFcGoMzTL

- WWE (@WWE) June 14, 2019

The post Triple H Hosts Ohio State Football Players Tour of WWEs
    Performance Center appeared first on ProWrestling.com.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)