• [PW] WWE Files Four New Trademarks Including "Yowie Wowie"

From ProWrestling.com@21:1/5 to All on Mon Sep 9 00:36:29 2019
    ProWrestling.com

///////////////////////////////////////////
    WWE Files Four New Trademarks Including "Yowie Wowie"

Posted: 08 Sep 2019 09:48 AM PDT https://www.prowrestling.com/wwe-files-four-new-trademarks-including-yowie-wowie/

PWInsider.com has reported that WWE has filed for four brand new trademarks recently, with two bein related to Bray Wyatts Fiend.

WWE has filed for the phrases Yowie Wowie and Firefly Funhouse with the
    popular catchphrase and WWE Universe chant being filed for the following reason:

Good and Services: Clothing, namely, tops, shirts, jackets, sweatshirts, hoodies; outerwear, namely, coats; bottoms, pants, shorts, underwear,
    dresses, pajamas, lingerie, clothing ties, scarves, gloves, swimwear;
    Halloween and masquerade costumes; footwear, namely, shoes, sneakers,
    slippers, flip flops, boots; headwear, namely, hats, caps; wrist bands; bandanas.

WWEs decision to file for Firefly Funhouse has been for the following
    reason:

Goods and Services: Entertainment services, namely, a show about
    entertainment, sports entertainment and professional wrestling rendered
    live and through broadcast media including television and distributed via various platforms across multiple forms of transmission media; providing entertainment and wrestling news and information through broadcast media including television and distributed via various platforms across multiple forms of transmission media; providing information in the fields of sports
    and entertainment through broadcast media including television and
    distributed via various platforms across multiple forms of transmission
    media; providing a website in the field of entertainment and sports entertainment information.

The company also filed for the phrase Legit Boss, which is obviously in relation to Sasha Banks, noting it was for:

Goods and Servies: Entertainment services, namely, wrestling exhibitions
    and performances by a professional wrestler and entertainer rendered live
    and through broadcast media including television and radio, and via the internet or commercial online service; providing wrestling news and information via a global computer network; providing information in the
    fields of sports and entertainment via an online community portal;
    providing a website in the field of sports entertainment information; fan
    club services, namely, organizing sporting events in the field of wrestling for wrestling fan club members; organizing social entertainment events for entertainment purposes for wrestling fan club members; providing online newsletters in the fields of sports
    entertainment; online journals, namely blogs, in the field of sports entertainment.

Finally, WWE also filed for Monster Amongst Men, stating that one was for:

Good and Services: Wrestling exhibitions and performances by a professional wrestler and entertainer rendered live and through broadcast media
    including television and radio, and via the internet or commercial online service; providing wrestling news and information via a global computer network; providing information in the fields of sports via an online
    community portal.

The post WWE Files Four New Trademarks Including Yowie Wowie appeared first
    on ProWrestling.com.

WATCH: Randy Orton Opens Up About Life As A Father

Posted: 08 Sep 2019 09:37 AM PDT https://www.prowrestling.com/watch-randy-orton-opens-up-about-life-as-a-father/

WWE has uploaded a clip from the recent Intercontinental Champions
    roundtable featuring Randy Orton discussing his life as a father.

In a rare clip showing Ortons personal life and more emotional side, the
    Viper details what it is like being a father.

The post WATCH: Randy Orton Opens Up About Life As A Father appeared first
    on ProWrestling.com.

Reported Reason For WWE King Of The Ring Semi-Final Being A Triple Threat
    Match

Posted: 08 Sep 2019 08:59 AM PDT https://www.prowrestling.com/reported-reason-for-wwe-king-of-the-ring-semi-final-being-a-triple-threat-match/

Tomorrow night on WWE Raw there will be a triple threat Semi-Final match in
    the WWE King Of The Ring tournament, and the reason for that has been
    revealed.

Ricochet will take on Samoa Joe and Baron Corbin with the three men
    battling to earn a spot in the WWE Clash Of Champions final against either Elias or Chad Gable.

According to Dave Meltzer, or the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, the reason
    for the decision of making the match a triple threat is to make Ricochet
    look like a star inside Madison Square Gardens.

“They’re doing a three-way which actually makes no sense, but the idea there is to actually showcase Ricochet which is not saying that he’s necessarily winning. He might be, but the idea is that in the match at The Garden, Ricochet’s going to be there as a babyface against two heels and
    two big heels and he’s not a big guy so they dynamic is supposed to work
    for him — I mean the match is for him.

H/T to Cultaholic.com for the transcription.

The post Reported Reason For WWE King Of The Ring Semi-Final Being A Triple Threat Match appeared first on ProWrestling.com.

FREE MATCH: RVD vs Brock Lesnar (2002 King Of The Ring Finals)

Posted: 08 Sep 2019 08:39 AM PDT https://www.prowrestling.com/free-match-rvd-vs-brock-lesnar-2002-king-of-the-ring-finals/

WWE has uploaded a free match from the 2002 King Of The Ring tournament,
    with WWE showing the finals which saw Brock Lesnar and RVD collide.

The post FREE MATCH: RVD vs Brock Lesnar (2002 King Of The Ring Finals) appeared first on ProWrestling.com.

Sonya Deville Reveals The Name Of Fire & Desires Finisher, Picks Her Career Highlight

Posted: 08 Sep 2019 08:19 AM PDT https://www.prowrestling.com/sonya-deville-reveals-the-name-of-fire-desires-finisher/

Sonya Deville recently had a Q&A on social media where she took questions
    from the WWE Universe as she answered questions about her career.

Firstly, Deville revealed the name of Fire & Desires tag team finisher, claiming the move is called the Devils Thorne.

Devil’s Thorne https://t.co/H8fj8J5sc9

- Daria Berenato (@SonyaDevilleWWE) September 8, 2019

Deville was also asked about what her favorite moment in WWE has been so
    far, with Sonya claiming that the moment of debuting with Absolution was
    pretty special for her.

Our debut as absolution was pretty special https://t.co/l0Fb7H75gM

Deville also revealed that Asuka would be her ideal one-on-one opponent if
    she had to choose one.

Asuka. https://t.co/17GRQC0zog

Sonya and Mandy Rose will have an opportunity at the Womens Tag Team Championships next Sunday at WWE Clash Of Champions as they take on Alexa
    Bliss and Nikki Cross.

The post Sonya Deville Reveals The Name Of Fire Desires Finisher, Picks
    Her Career Highlight appeared first on ProWrestling.com.

Ric Flair Signs A Deal With Adidas, Promises To Take Down Nike

Posted: 08 Sep 2019 07:58 AM PDT https://www.prowrestling.com/ric-flair-signs-a-deal-with-adidas-promises-to-take-down-nike/

This week the Nature Boy, Ric Flair has revealed his latest endorsement
    deal as he has now officially signed with Adidas.

In a video speaking with TMZ Sports, Flair spoke openly about signing his
    new deal with Adidas, hoping to turn the Air Jordan into the Air Flair, promising to take down Nike in the process.

The post Ric Flair Signs A Deal With Adidas, Promises To Take Down Nike appeared first on ProWrestling.com.

WWE Advertising Seth Rollins vs The Fiend For Upcoming Live Events

Posted: 08 Sep 2019 07:41 AM PDT https://www.prowrestling.com/wwe-advertising-seth-rollins-vs-the-fiend-for-upcoming-live-events/

Local advertising for WWEs upcoming live events is promoting a very
    interesting main event match between Seth Rollins and The Fiend, Bray Wyatt.

While this could mean nothing, with WWE simply wanting to sell as many
    tickets to live events as possible, it is certainly interesting that WWE is having them work together with Hell in a Cell looming around the corner.

Wyatt will be challenging for the Universal Championship inside the steel structure against either Seth Rollins or Braun Strowman, depending on the
    WWE Clash Of Champions result. This could be a possible sign towards WWE preparing them for that match to happen.

yes@WWEBrayWyatt vs @WWERollins pic.twitter.com/HTrjhEygB4

- Chen. ChinaWyattFans (@ChinaWyattFans) September 6, 2019

The post WWE Advertising Seth Rollins vs The Fiend For Upcoming Live Events appeared first on ProWrestling.com.

Ricochet Addresses The Recent Kacy Catanzaro Reports: "Shes Still With The Company"

Posted: 08 Sep 2019 07:15 AM PDT https://www.prowrestling.com/ricochet-addresses-the-recent-kacy-catanzaro-reports-shes-still-with-the-company/

During a recent interview with Sports Illustrated, Ricochet addressed the recent reports that his partner, Kacy Catanzaro has requested to be
    released by WWE.

“She’s still with the company. She’s not retired at all and she’s not injured. It’s a tough sport and we’re all hurting, but there is nothing wrong with her,” he said. When asked if Catanzaro would ever wrestle again, Ricochet is not sure.” I don’t know,” he responded. “She’s very family-oriented and she wants kids, so she doesn’t know if being on the
    road so much is for her.”

“For me, I’m already too deep—I’m on the road all the time. She loves wrestling and she loves it here, and she’s so good at it, so it’s a very tough decision for her.”

Ricochet also discussed being part of the King of the Ring tournament and
    how it has helped everyone who has participated this year.

“Being a part of the King of the Ring is awesome. All my favorite guys won the King of the Ring: Steve Austin, Triple H, Owen Hart. I loved Randy
    Savage as the Macho King,” Ricochet said.

“The tournament has been great for us, too. All the guys in it are all
    really good in the ring, so it’s been great match after great match. And we’ve been given significant time to make it work, so that aspect has
    really helped, too. Being a part of something so prestigious is so cool—it’s where Austin 3:16 started—and maybe it can lead to my Austin 3:16
    moment.”

Ricochet will compete in the King of the Ring semifinal triple threat match
    on WWE Raw tomorrow night against Baron Corbin and Samoa Joe.

The post Ricochet Addresses The Recent Kacy Catanzaro Reports: She’s Still With The Company appeared first on ProWrestling.com.

LOOK: Kane Visits WWE Backstage During Recent Live Event

Posted: 08 Sep 2019 06:52 AM PDT https://www.prowrestling.com/look-kane-visits-wwe-backstage-during-recent-live-event/

It appears that WWE Legend, Kane was backstage at a WWE Live Event this
    weekend after Kurt Angle shared an image of them together on Instagram.

The WWE Hall Of Famer stated he had spent the day with Kane on his
    Instagram, with the two men being in the arena for a WWE Live Event.

View this post on Instagram

I spent the evening hanging out with this guy. Anyone know who he is?? #formerfoe #bigredmachine #itstrue #mayorofknoxville
    A post shared by Kurt Angle (@therealkurtangle) on Sep 7, 2019 at 4:47pm
    PDT

The post LOOK: Kane Visits WWE Backstage During Recent Live Event appeared first on ProWrestling.com.

Teal Piper Discusses Ronda Rousey Using Her Fathers Jacket

Posted: 08 Sep 2019 06:41 AM PDT https://www.prowrestling.com/teal-piper-discusses-ronda-rousey-using-her-fathers-jacket/

Teal Piper recently spoke with Wrestling Inc where she discussed how she
    feels about Ronda Rousey using her fathers old jacket.

On Rousey using Pipers jacket:

I will not be wearing my dads gear if thats what youre wondering, Teal
    said. As far as getting anything back, I promise our family will have everything of his at some point, so, Im not worried about that Me
    personally, thats the same jacket my dad put on me as like a five year old,
    you know? So I have such a sentimental appreciation for all of his stuff; I would feel weird wearing it to the ring. And more than that, especially as
    his kid, its a bit in-your-face to be showing up in his gimmick. I want to
    be my own person. So while my costume will have nods to him, its definitely
    not going to be the same style you see Ronda Rousey in.

On being there when Rousey asked to use her fathers name:

Ronda, for me personally, I wasnt a huge MMA fan until she came on the
    scene and I just fell in love with her, Teal explained. Regardless of
    training with Judo Gene LeBell and coming from the same fighting family
    that my father came from, I just loved what she was doing for MMA. So I was already on her team when she came into the light, and I was actually in the room when she was talking to my dad about using the name Rowdy back for MMA years ago. As far as knowing her personally, I only met her for the first
    time at WrestleMania this year. But Ive really been honored that she has wanted to pay such a tribute to my dad, and I think its really cool for her
    and its really neat to see the Rowdy name main-eventing but for the first
    time as women at Wrestlemania this past year.

The post Teal Piper Discusses Ronda Rousey Using Her Fathers Jacket
    appeared first on ProWrestling.com.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)