• [WR] Too Few Cooks? Top WWE Storyline Not Going Well, Said To Be Beyond

From WrestlingRumors.net@21:1/5 to All on Fri Sep 6 13:17:32 2019
    WrestlingRumors.net

///////////////////////////////////////////
    Too Few Cooks? Top WWE Storyline Not Going Well, Said To Be Beyond
    Explanation At The Moment.

Posted: 06 Sep 2019 12:43 AM PDT https://wrestlingrumors.net/tommyhall/cooks-top-wwe-storyline-not-going-well-said-beyond-explanation-moment/

Communication is very important. There are a lot of people who work
    together to present what you see every week on WWE television. It may seem
    as simple as putting the wrestlers together in a ring and letting things go where they may, but it is a little more complicated than that. Sometimes
    you don’t get the intended story, and that is the case with a big story taking place in WWE at the moment.

The current Roman Reigns/Erick Rowan storyline, which has seen Rowan attack Reigns, possibly with some help, is said to have gone completely off the
    rails. According to The Wrap, the story is so far away from what it was originally planned to be that no one can explain how it was originally
    supposed to go. At the same time, according to Wrestling Observer Live,
    the SmackDown Live writers are not clear on the story either as Vince
    McMahon is writing the story and continues to change the script most
    weeks. There is no word on where the story is heading or when it will be ending.

The story took a turn this week. Check out Rowan attacking Reigns and
    someone else on SmackDown Live:
    [This post contains video, click to play]

Opinion: This is something that can happen when you have so many voices on
    the same show. The story has been changed around so many times now that it
    is almost impossible to keep track of everything going on at once. There
    are only so many ways a story can go and WWE seems to be trying to figure
    out all of them for this one. I’m not sure how many more twists the story can take, but I’m worried about how long WWE plans to drag it out.

Have you liked the story so far? Where do you see it ending? Let us know
    in the comments below.

Thomas Hall has been a wrestling fan for over thirty years and has seen
    over 50,000 wrestling matches. He has also been a wrestling reviewer since 2009 with over 5,000 full shows covered. You can find his work at kbwrestlingreviews.com, or check out his- Amazon author page with 30
    wrestling books. His latest book is KB’s Complete 2004 Monday Night Raw Reviews.

Get the latest and greatest in professional wrestling news by signing up
    for our daily email newsletter. Just look below for GET EXCLUSIVE UPDATES
    to sign up. We are proud to offer our popular Wrestling Rumors app and encourage you to download it for an optimized user experience. It is
    available for Android and also on iOS. Thank you for reading!

The post Too Few Cooks? Top WWE Storyline Not Going Well, Said To Be
    Beyond Explanation At The Moment. appeared first on WrestlingRumors.net.

The Domino Effect? These WWE Stars Now Have Freedom In Their Promos.

Posted: 06 Sep 2019 12:39 AM PDT https://wrestlingrumors.net/tommyhall/domino-effect-wwe-stars-now-freedom-promos/

It’s a different way to talk. While wrestling may seem to be about what happens inside the ring, the part that matters most is the talking that
    goes along with it. Without a good story to go with a match, the wrestling isn’t likely to keep up an audience. The current WWE system of scripted promos has not been the most successful, but things may be on the verge of changing.

According to the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, this week’s Monday Night
    Raw featured a series of promos which were put together as bullet points
    rather than fully scripted. The promos were from Bayley, Sasha Banks and
    Rey Mysterio. This is not a common privilege at the moment, with very few names being allowed to cut their own original promos, with Kevin Owens
    being one of the rare few.

It might be veteran experience. Check out Mysterio’s unscripted promo:

Opinion: I really hope that this is going to be the case more often going forward. Wrestling is built around personalities and if you take those
    away from the roster, there isn’t much that they can do to stand out. You can’t have everyone talking exactly like everyone else or they stop showing any originality. Maybe this can change things, but it doesn’t matter if
    WWE doesn’t keep it up.

How much could this help WWE? Which of these promos was best? Let us know
    in the comments below.

over 50,000 wrestling matches. He has also been a wrestling reviewer since 2009 with over 5,000 full shows covered. You can find his work at kbwrestlingreviews.com, or check out his- Amazon author page with 30
    wrestling books. His latest book is KB’s Complete 2004 Monday Night Raw Reviews.

to sign up. We are proud to offer our popular Wrestling Rumors app and encourage you to download it for an optimized user experience. It is

The post The Domino Effect? These WWE Stars Now Have Freedom In Their
    Promos. appeared first on WrestlingRumors.net.

Hopefully Its Not As Bad As It Sounds. Current WWE Star Undergoes A Health Scare.

Posted: 06 Sep 2019 12:35 AM PDT https://wrestlingrumors.net/tommyhall/hopefully-not-bad-sounds-current-wwe-star-undergoes-health-scare/

Hopefully it isn’t as bad as it sounds. Contrary to what you may think, wrestlers are humans just like us. They perform in the ring almost every single week and that can wear down their bodies and health. Over time they have a variety of issues of their own and sometimes they need a little breather. That was the case for someone in WWE as of late, and it seems to have been somewhat serious.

Carmella recently made a post on Instagram, talking about an unspecified
    recent health scare. While she does not go into details about what
    happened, Carmella does mention that it made her stop for the first time in
    a long time as she has never missed any significant ring time due to
    injury. Carmella has not wrestled since July 29, though she has made the occasional appearances helping R-Truth dealing with the 24/7 Title. There
    is no word on when she will be back on television.

View this post on Instagram

I recently had a health scare that shook my world. I was super
    apprehensive (still am) to post about it because I’m not looking for any
    sort of sympathy. Instead, I wanted to share what this past month has
    taught me. You might find my perception to be trivial and unimportant, but these are my thoughts. For the first time in six years I was forced to
    slow down. I’ve never had an injury with time off or anything of the sort since I started with WWE. I was able to slow down for a few weeks and just
    be. It opened my mind and my eyes to the world I didn’t notice for six
    years and allowed me to be present instead of worrying about the next thing
    on my to do list. I took a break from social media and it really allowed
    me to live in the moment and see what was right in front of me. I had conversations with people I would have normally never seen because my head would be buried in my phone. More importantly, social media is not real.
    The fact that I at one point or another would get bothered by a few crass comments made by presumptuous ill mannered trolls makes me laugh now. It’s all so insignificant at the end of the day. Do these trolls care about my health and well being? Are they the ones who will be there for me when shit hits the fan? Hell no. So why would I care what people on an app in my
    phone have to say about me? ?? I spent time with the most important people
    in my life. In a world where I’m constantly on the road, I rarely get more than a few hours with those who matter most to me. I’m grateful I was able
    to spend so much time with my sister and my parents who are my world. I was also constantly laughing with my boyfriend who is the most supportive man
    on the planet. I truly don’t know what I would do without him. ? Things
    can and will go wrong, regardless of how healthy your lifestyle is. It’s important to feed our bodies with happy thoughts, clean and healthy foods
    and all of the positive vibes. Let’s all try to be a little better as humans. Everyone we meet is going through SOMETHING. Be nice. Life is
    short. Hug your family, laugh more, let the little things go, buy the shoes
    and drink the wine. ?
    A post shared by Leah Van Damme (@carmellawwe) on Sep 4, 2019 at 5:33am PDT

Carmella can be hilarious with R-Truth. Check out one of their wacky shenanigans:

Opinion: I’m not sure what Carmella was talking about but if it was
    something that had to take her off television for such an extended period
    of time, it had to be something serious. Hopefully it is nothing all that
    bad and she is healthy, meaning that she will be able to come back sooner rather than later. At least she seems fine enough to somewhat talk about
    it, which would seem to be a good sign.

Has Carmella impressed you? What is her best work in WWE? Let us know in
    the comments below.

The post Hopefully Its Not As Bad As It Sounds. Current WWE Star Undergoes
    A Health Scare. appeared first on WrestlingRumors.net.

(WATCH): I Know Him! Byron Saxton Appears On Major Talk Show.

Posted: 06 Sep 2019 12:32 AM PDT https://wrestlingrumors.net/tommyhall/watch-know-byron-saxton-appears-major-talk-show/

I guess you can call this cross promotion. Wrestlers may be on television
    a lot but they have all kinds of things going on outside of the ring. This includes relationships with all kinds of non-wrestling people, which occasionally can be rather interesting. Sometimes they are interesting
    enough that other people may want to hear about them, say on a national television show.

WWE broadcaster Byron Saxton recently appeared on the Dr. Phil Show as a
    friend of the guest. Saxton spoke about his friend Andy, who felt that he
    was unable to have a successful relationship with a woman. Saxton was one
    of three friends on the show, which aired on September 3. Corey Graves referenced the appearance on this week’s SmackDown Live.

It’s so strange to see them outside of the ring. Check out a clip of the appearance:

Opinion: This is one of those things that is more surprising than anything
    else with Saxton’s appearance being one of those things that adds a little flavor to the show. Saxton may not be the most thrilling commentator in
    the world but he is still someone who has more charisma than common guests
    on a show like this. If nothing else, it gives Graves something else to
    mock Saxton about, which can be rather entertaining.

Who is your favorite WWE commentator? How would you line up the current commentary teams? Let us know in the comments below.

The post (WATCH): I Know Him! Byron Saxton Appears On Major Talk Show. appeared first on WrestlingRumors.net.

Thats A Bad First Impression. New WWE Writer Has Embarrassing Moment On
    First Day.

Posted: 05 Sep 2019 11:00 PM PDT https://wrestlingrumors.net/tommyhall/thats-bad-first-impression-new-wwe-writer-embarrassing-moment-first-day/

That really doesn’t look good. There are a lot of writers in WWE, which shouldn’t come as any surprise. With so many wrestlers and so many things that need to be put together, a strong writing staff is almost a
    necessity. The company currently employs several writers, many of whom
    have worked elsewhere in Hollywood. A newcomer however didn’t get started very well.

According to The Wrap, new WWE writer Stevie Long was found asleep in the writers’ room on his first day with the company by longtime WWE writer Michael Hayes. Long, who was brought in by SmackDown Live Creative
    Director Eric Bischoff, was a writer for the show Sons Of Anarchy before
    coming to WWE. At the moment, Long is still employed by WWE on SmackDown
    Live.

Since Long hasn’t appeared on television before, we’ll have to settle for another Long. Check out the more famous version:

Opinion: Now that just does not look good and I can’t imagine there is much of a way to spin what happened. Long literally did this on his first day
    at work and that isn’t going to be easy to get around. It also doesn’t make Bischoff look great for choosing to bring him onboard, but given that Bischoff’s exact job still isn’t clear, I’m not sure how much of a difference it is going to make.

How many writers does WWE need? Are writers from inside or outside the wrestling business better? Let us know in the comments below.

The post Thats A Bad First Impression. New WWE Writer Has Embarrassing
    Moment On First Day. appeared first on WrestlingRumors.net.

You Dont See This Every Day. Undertaker And Edge Share A Touching Moment
    On Instagram.

Posted: 05 Sep 2019 10:56 PM PDT https://wrestlingrumors.net/tommyhall/dont-see-every-day-undertaker-edge-share-touching-moment-instagram/

What an odd pairing. There are very few wrestlers who hold the kind of mystique that the Undertaker holds. He has been a part of the WWE for the better part of thirty years and is second to no one when it comes to
    respect. Even though he barely wrestles these days, he is still certainly someone whose presence can still be felt in the ring, as well as out of the ring in a unique way.

Earlier this week, Edge posted a photo on Instagram of his daughters
    leaving for their first day of school of the year, with the older starting kindergarten and the younger starting preschool. The Undertaker actually replied to the post and said that the important thing was that Edge was
    there to see his daughters go. Edge and Undertaker had a long rivalry in
    WWE, with their most notable match taking place in the main event of WrestleMania 24.

View this post on Instagram

Both girls went to school today. Lyric is now in kindergarten and Ruby started pre school. Ohhhh boy. They didn’t even look back, and I was so proud. Because they were ready for it. I however might not be. Neither is
    Shine apparently.
    A post shared by Adam “Edge” Copeland (@edgeratedr) on Sep 3, 2019 at 5:41pm PDT

Like it could be anything but this one. Check out the WrestleMania main
    event:

Opinion: While it never makes sense to see Undertaker talking online or
    doing anything out of character, this was a very touching moment and
    something that you don’t see enough of. Undertaker is right that what matters most is Edge being there for his family and it is rather touching
    to see him talk like this. Undertaker is one of a kind and I don’t know
    what it’s going to be like when he’s out of the ring for good.

What is your favorite Undertaker match? Will Edge ever wrestle again? Let
    us know in the comments below.

The post You Dont See This Every Day. Undertaker And Edge Share A Touching Moment On Instagram. appeared first on WrestlingRumors.net.

It Seems To Have Worked. Current WWE Star "Begged, Pleased" For Push From Vince McMahon.

Posted: 05 Sep 2019 10:10 PM PDT https://wrestlingrumors.net/tommyhall/seems-worked-current-wwe-star-begged-pleased-push-vince-mcmahon/

Sometimes all you have to do is ask. There isn’t time for everyone to get
    a spot on WWE TV. With so many wrestlers all over the place, you can only
    fit in so many things on any given night of television. That is the case
    with weekly television and unless you have something special, it isn’t
    going to work out well. However, if you can get Vince McMahon’s attention, it can speed up the process.

Chad Gable was recently interviewed by PWInsider.com and talked about how
    he tried to get a push of any kind in WWE after he and Bobby Roode split up earlier this year. With nothing else going on, Gable presented several
    promos and ideas to McMahon, which he described as begging and pleading to
    get anything in WWE. Gable went on to say that he would take any idea that
    WWE had, as he sees it as WWE investing in him, which he sees as a
    compliment. Gable is currently scheduled to face Elias in the King of the
    Ring semifinals next week on SmackDown Live.

That’s a big match for Gable. Check out how he got there:

Opinion: I can appreciate this attitude from Gable, as he has not had much
    luck on his own. He has all the talent that he could need to be a star,
    but for some reason it has never come together for him. After finding out
    that he wasn’t going to be getting anywhere anytime soon, it makes sense
    for him to see what he can do. As it turns out, he’s getting somewhere
    with it too so maybe it can work.

Have you liked Gable’s recent push? How far can he go? Let us know in the comments below.

The post It Seems To Have Worked. Current WWE Star Begged, Pleased For
    Push From Vince McMahon. appeared first on WrestlingRumors.net.

Hes Earned It. Backstage Support Is High For This WWE Star.

Posted: 05 Sep 2019 10:07 PM PDT https://wrestlingrumors.net/tommyhall/hes-earned-backstage-support-high-wwe-star/

Support is what matters most. With as many top level stars as there
    currently are in WWE, a wrestler has to do a lot more than just perform in
    the ring. There is also the talking aspect, along with the overall presentation of anyone you may be seeing. While there are very few total packages, those names are noticed by the people backstage and that means
    more than anything else.

According to the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, there is a lot of backstage support for Samoa Joe. This becomes a problem for Samoa Joe, who is
    considered to be a strong worker and talker, which causes him to be booked
    to lose fairly often. His support comes from his ability to bounce back
    from so many losses while still maintaining his level of interest from the fans.

Samoa Joe has been hot as of late. Check out his King of the Ring
    quarterfinal match from Monday Night Raw:

Opinion: This is the kind of situation that has gotten a lot of wrestlers
    in trouble over the years. They are certainly talented but if they are
    viewed as bulletproof by the company, they are going to wind up losing
    almost every single time. Then WWE will sit around and wonder why their
    star power has diminished so much over the years. It happens more often
    than not and only WWE seems to benefit.

Is Samoa Joe in trouble for losing so much? Will he ever be World
    Champion? Let us know in the comments below.

The post Hes Earned It. Backstage Support Is High For This WWE Star.
    appeared first on WrestlingRumors.net.

Two For The Road Crew. WWE Announces Two New NXT Signings, Including
    Former Lucha Underground And AAA Champion.

Posted: 05 Sep 2019 10:05 PM PDT https://wrestlingrumors.net/tommyhall/two-road-crew-wwe-announces-two-new-nxt-signings-including-former-lucha-underground-aaa-champion/

The roster continues to grow. There are a lot of names in WWE at the
    moment with so many people who have all kinds of talent. That allows WWE
    to have a lot of flexibility with what they want to do. They can present several different talents in various different combinations on several different shows and while they’re in a good place at the moment, they are still bringing in new names.

As announced on WWE.com, WWE has signed Jorge Bolly, better known as El
    Hijo del Fantasma in AAA and King Cuerno in Lucha Underground, to a developmental contract for NXT. There is no word on when he will be
    appearing for the company or if he will be working the NXT house show
    circuit before coming to NXT TV. WWE has also signed Edgar Lopez, a former American football player who played for the Monterrey (Mexico) Institute of Technology. While he does not have any major wrestling experience, he was discovered at a tryout in Santiago, Chile.

Bolly can go in the ring. Check him out in a hard fight in Lucha
    Underground:

Opinion: I don’t know much about Lopez, but his size and athletic
    background should be enough to keep him around for a good while. Bolly on
    the other hand is a big deal and the kind of guy who could be a star for
    the company going forward. If nothing else, his suicide dives are a sight
    to behold. WWE can always use some fresh talent so maybe they have
    something special on their hands here.

What do you want to see from Bolly? Who can you see him facing? Let us
    know in the comments below.

The post Two For The Road Crew. WWE Announces Two New NXT Signings,
    Including Former Lucha Underground And AAA Champion. appeared first on WrestlingRumors.net.

Go For The Gold. Chris Jerichos First Pay Per View AEW World Title Defense
    Set For Full Gear.

Posted: 05 Sep 2019 10:00 PM PDT https://wrestlingrumors.net/tommyhall/go-gold-chris-jerichos-first-pay-per-view-title-match-set-full-gear/

Another one for the card. AEW is in a bit of a strange place at the moment
    as they have their weekly television show coming up in less than a month
    but at the same time they are looking towards they future. They have
    already announced their next traditional pay per view for November and yesterday they named a big match for the show. Now, there is something
    else to add.

According to Sports Illustrated and confirmed by AEW on Twitter, Cody will challenge AEW World Champion Chris Jericho for the title at Full Gear on November 9. This will be at least Jericho’s second defense, as he is also scheduled for a title defense on the third episode of the TNT series, which will take place on October 16. There is no word on what will happen should Jericho lose the title before Full Gear.

?Match Announcement?#AEWFullGear
    Saturday, November 9th 7pm Local Start Time@RoFoArena Baltimore, MD
    AEW World Championship Match
    CHRIS JERICHO defends his championship against CODY

Tickets on Sale Tomorrow at Noon ET / 9am PT https://t.co/UN1cNj1kQq pic.twitter.com/W3TPjQv1kT

- All Elite Wrestling (@AEWrestling) September 6, 2019

Full Gear is going to be a big show. Check out AEW’s announcement about
    the event:

Opinion: This could be a good one as Cody has put in some solid
    performances in his outings for the company so far. Now with that being
    said, I’m not sure what to expect from Jericho, whose work has been hit and miss in the ring. That being said, Jericho still makes things feel a lot bigger with the star power and that is what AEW needs on a show like this
    one.

Do you want to see Cody win the title? Who will take the title from
    Jericho? Let us know in the comments below.

The post Go For The Gold. Chris Jerichos First Pay Per View AEW World
    Title Defense Set For Full Gear. appeared first on WrestlingRumors.net.

Double Time? First Two Weeks Of NXT On USA To Undergo A Schedule Change.

Posted: 05 Sep 2019 03:35 PM PDT https://wrestlingrumors.net/tommyhall/double-time-first-two-weeks-nxt-usa-undergo-schedule-change/

I hope you didn’t write it in pen. We’re less than two weeks away from NXT’s move over to the USA Network as WWE makes another big change. The
    move comes two weeks before AEW debuts on TNT, which would certainly seem
    to be a major factor in WWE’s decision making. However, those changes were not completely set in stone and something else has already been changed.

As announced on WWE’s Twitter, the first two weeks of NXT on USA (September 18 and September 25) will be airing on two different platforms. The first
    hour of the show (8pm EST) will air on the USA Network and the second (9pm
    EST) will air on the WWE Network as usual. There have been two matches announced for the show, though it is not clear when they will air

On Sept. 18 & 25, the first hour of #WWENXT will air LIVE on @USA_Network
    and the second hour will stream live on @WWENetwork!

Heres everything you need to know about catching @WWENXTs first two live episodes: https://t.co/oI3aztQUMF

- WWE NXT (@WWENXT) September 5, 2019

NXT is a big deal. Check out what they’ve been doing as of late:

Opinion: I don’t think it’s any secret that this is all about slowing down AEW, as the date for the first full two hour edition of NXT on USA
    certainly lines up. That being said, this isn’t the most annoying thing in the world but it does seem to be a bit annoying. Just wait for the two
    weeks so it doesn’t need another change. WWE has already set it up one way so why change what is already announced?

Is WWE overthinking this? Should they just have the full two hours on USA
    at the start? Let us know in the comments below.

[continued in next message]

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)