• [WR] NXT Takeover: Cardiff Preview, Predictions And Thoughts

From WrestlingRumors.net@21:1/5 to All on Fri Aug 30 08:57:58 2019
    WrestlingRumors.net

///////////////////////////////////////////
    NXT Takeover: Cardiff Preview, Predictions And Thoughts

Posted: 30 Aug 2019 01:02 AM PDT https://wrestlingrumors.net/tommyhall/nxt-takeover-cardiff-preview-predictions-thoughts/

How can they go seven months between major shows for a promotion these
    days? Somehow they’ve managed to do it around here, though in this case the company has done a lot of growing up in between. The card is rather stacked
    and one that I could go for almost anything on the show. There are some interesting looking matches around here so let’s get to it.
    Travis Banks vs. Noam Dar

Ok so they can’t all be winners. This feels pretty tacked on for the sake
    of getting both guys on the card and it’s not like there is anyone else who needs to be on the show (certainly no Irish Ace). Dar is a rather nice
    smarmy heal (as I continue to go back and forth on him) and Banks is
    someone who looks like he could be a big deal but is trying to get out of
    the blocks.

The man has some confidence:

[This post contains video, click to play]
    Since they both need a win, I think I’ll go with Banks here, but I’m already not the most confident. Dar is someone they really like to push and
    I can get why, but Banks seems to have a lot more potential as a top star.
    This feels like a match used to let the crowd come down from a bigger one later, though it still seems like it would be better suited as a dark match. Dave Mastiff vs. Joe Coffey

These two are victims of some bad timing as they get to have a big man hoss fight three days after Keith Lee and Dominick Dijakovic tore the roof off
    of Full Sail. This is a Last Man Standing match to give it some flavor and there is actually a decent history here. They fought to a draw earlier,
    though what you might not remember is Coffey defeating Mastiff in last
    year’s #1 contenders tournament, which I believe is Mastiff’s only televised pinfall loss in the company. They’ve protected the heck out of
    him and that could pay off here.

The previous battle was a big one:

I think I’ll actually go with Mastiff here as Coffey can bounce back better from a loss. Mastiff is someone they have treated like a special monster
    and under the right circumstances, he could have a big time TV match
    against Walter for the UK Title down the line. Giving him a win over Coffey here would go a long way towards that and I don’t think they’re going to pull the plug on Coffey just yet.
    Tag Team Titles: Grizzled Young Veterans(c) vs. Flash Morgan Webster/Mark Andrews vs. Gallus

This match doesn’t feel like it has much of a story but at the same time, I have no idea who wins here. You have the heat magnet champions, the young
    home country stars and then the established team who could become monster
    heels if they win the titles. While the Veterans have a great point that Webster and Andrews got into the match by winning singles matches (which is weird), this really could go any of the three ways.

Fight before the fight:

I’ll takedang I’m not sure here. Uh….Webster and Andrews I guess, though I
    don’t have much confidence in it. They seem like they would be transitional champions (maybe dropping the titles to Gallus or Imperium) at best and that’s fine, but give the fans something to cheer for here with the improbably win. It would make the most sense, and hearing Zack Gibson rant about how they got cheated out of the titles could be some great stuff. Women’s Title: Toni Storm(c) vs. Kay Lee Ray

This has had a nice build, though I’m still wondering what was up with that weird promo where Storm seemed to be drunk or whatever it was. Ray has done
    a good job of getting inside Storm’s head, though I still don’t feel like I know anything about her. She isn’t really developed in any way and that’s a bit of a problem (although that’s the case with a lot of people on this roster). Storm isn’t much better but she’s an established star.

How did Ray get here:

We’ll say Ray wins here to give us another new champion, though I’m not sure where that leaves Storm. She’s easily the top star in the women’s division and doesn’t have many real challengers, though she could be used
    to help bring some new talent up (without putting them over that is). Ray
    needs the title more than Storm does at this point and while I expect to
    see Storm in regular NXT by this time next year, I think she loses here as
    she needs to be away from the title for a bit.
    United Kingdom Title: Walter(c) vs. Tyler Bate

Walter is the undisputed monster champion of the promotion and that means
    he needs someone to slay him. Who better than the former champion and
    eternally undersized Bate? These two had an instant classic in London for Progress with Bate coming this close to winning the Progress World Title
    and sending the fans into a full on riot but can they do that again here?
    And with a different ending?

Behold the Big Strong Boy:

In short, yes and no, as I think the match is great but Walter wins in the
    end. It’s going to take someone very special to take the title from Walter and while Bate is special, I don’t think Walter has had enough of a reign
    to drop the title just yet. Bate is going to fight his heart out but come
    up short in the end. That is going to give us some incredible near falls
    though and that is going to carry the whole thing.
    Overall Thoughts

The more I look at this card, the less sure I am of the whole thing. Bate’s push towards the title should be good and the Welsh guys winning the Tag
    Team Titles could be a great moment, but the rest of the card looks a
    little shaky. Now if they do put Cesaro vs. Pete Dunne on as rumored,
    things will be that much better in a hurry, because those two will beat the fire out of each other. The card should be good, but it is far from a
    guarantee of a great show.

Thomas Hall has been a wrestling fan for over thirty years and has seen
    over 50,000 wrestling matches. He has also been a wrestling reviewer since
    2009 with over 5,000 full shows covered. You can find his work at kbwrestlingreviews.com, or check out his- Amazon author page with 30
    wrestling books. His latest book is KB’s Complete 2004 Monday Night Raw Reviews.

Get the latest and greatest in professional wrestling news by signing up
    for our daily email newsletter. Just look below for GET EXCLUSIVE UPDATES
    to sign up. We are proud to offer our popular Wrestling Rumors app and encourage you to download it for an optimized user experience. It is
    available for Android and also on iOS. Thank you for reading!

The post NXT Takeover: Cardiff Preview, Predictions And Thoughts appeared
    first on WrestlingRumors.net.

Hang On A Second. Big Update On Enzo Amore And Big Cass Returning To NXT,
    WWE Says Its Not Happening.

Posted: 29 Aug 2019 09:46 PM PDT https://wrestlingrumors.net/tommyhall/hang-second-big-update-enzo-amore-big-cass-returning-nxt-wwe-says-not-happening/

Maybe later? There are a lot of wrestlers in the world but only so many of them can actually make it into WWE. The company may be large but there are
    a lot more wrestlers not on its roster than on. That makes the spots very valuable and you never know when you might get such an offer. It seemed
    that two people were going to get their second shot, though that might not
    be the case.

On Thursday, a story broke that Enzo Amore and Big Cass were in discussions
    for a return to WWE as a top act in NXT. Later in the day though, PWInsider.com reported that there was nothing to the reports and the two
    sides had not been talking. Even later in the day, Dave Meltzer, whose Wrestling Observer Newsletter originally broke the story, said that there
    was no interest from WWE and the returns are not happening. Of course
    there is the chance that WWE is lying and the team could return in a
    surprise.

WWE says no interest in Enzo & Cass at this time. So looks like thats not happening.

- Dave Meltzer (@davemeltzerWON) August 29, 2019

If they aren’t returning, they can keep fighting. Check out Amore vs. Big Cass:

Opinion: While this may not be the same thing, it is the second time that
    Amore and Big Cass have been mentioned as being brought in for a bigger wrestling company with nothing coming of it. Maybe that is a sign and for
    some fans, that will be the best possible result. Amore and Big Cass
    certainly do have some value but at the same time, a lot of the fans might
    not be the most thrilled with them. If they never come back to any major company I wouldn’t be surprised, though I also wouldn’t be surprised to see them back for a short time.

Do you think the team will come back to WWE? Do you want them to? Let us
    know in the comments below.

over 50,000 wrestling matches. He has also been a wrestling reviewer since 2009 with over 5,000 full shows covered. You can find his work at kbwrestlingreviews.com, or check out his- Amazon author page with 30
    wrestling books. His latest book is KB’s Complete 2004 Monday Night Raw Reviews.

to sign up. We are proud to offer our popular Wrestling Rumors app and encourage you to download it for an optimized user experience. It is

The post Hang On A Second. Big Update On Enzo Amore And Big Cass Returning
    To NXT, WWE Says Its Not Happening. appeared first on WrestlingRumors.net.

Its Another Way To Compare The Two. How Do The AEW And NXT Pay Scales
    Compare?

Posted: 29 Aug 2019 08:53 PM PDT https://wrestlingrumors.net/tommyhall/another-way-compare-two-aew-nxt-pay-scales-compare/

The pay gap is more than you might expect. With All Out only a few days
    away, the wrestling world is changing again and it is only going to get a
    lot bigger. As AEW debuts weekly on television in just over a month,
    things are going to get that much different. One of the changes is going
    to be the pay scale, and some of the numbers are quite a bit surprising.

According to Bryan Alvarez on Wrestling Observer Live, AEW talent at the
    level of Marko Stunt is making more money than a run of the mill NXT talent
    who appear on television. While no specific numbers are given, a talent at such a level in AEW would make more money than an NXT talent at the
    moment. It should be noted that when an NXT talent moves to the main
    roster, their pay dramatically increases, as does their exposure.

You might need to get used to Stunt. Check out some of his highlights from before AEW:

Opinion: I can’t say I’m surprised by something like this. AEW has a fortune behind it so having the money flying all over the place isn’t the biggest surprise. I’m not sure how well this is going to work, but part of the problem might be how much higher the talent can go. NXT wrestlers do
    make less money, but there is a lot of room to expand from the starting
    point. If you are already debuting on the major AEW shows, how much higher
    can you go?

What are you expecting from AEW? Will they get in trouble for having such
    big contracts? Let us know in the comments below.

over 50,000 wrestling matches. He has also been a wrestling reviewer since 2009 with over 5,000 full shows covered. You can find his work at kbwrestlingreviews.com, or check out his- Amazon author page with 30

The post Its Another Way To Compare The Two. How Do The AEW And NXT Pay
    Scales Compare? appeared first on WrestlingRumors.net.

Here Comes The Judge(Ment)? An Interesting UFC Lawsuit Could Change The
    Way WWE Works.

Posted: 29 Aug 2019 07:37 PM PDT https://wrestlingrumors.net/tommyhall/comes-judgement-interesting-ufc-lawsuit-change-way-wwe-works/

The fight for justice. Wrestling seems to be changing every day but at the
    same time, things are staying the same for a lot of wrestlers. No matter
    what they do, the wrestlers are always going to get the short end of the
    pay scale and in a way, that makes sense. The wrestlers can be replaced,
    though it’s a bit harder to replace the owners. Now though, something might be changing in the wrestlers’ favor.

According to the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, a current UFC lawsuit could change the way things run in WWE. The lawsuit claims that UFC fighters are underpaid compared to how much the organization makes and seeks to change
    the system. For example, UFC fighters made about $626 million from
    September 1, 2011 thru August 31, 2017. Floyd Mayweather Jr. made $634
    million on his own. Should the fighters’ point be proven in court, the same precedent could apply to WWE. It is not clear how WWE would fight back
    against such an idea, or if WWE would fall under the same category.

WWF and UFC have mixed before. Check out one star going to the other
    company:

Opinion: I’m sure the wrestlers will be watching this, but I don’t know how well it would go with WWE. At the end of the day, they will be able to find
    a way around having to pay so much, or at least they will balance out the
    costs somewhere else. WWE has survived this long on their own and has stockholders to answer to. That is of course assuming that the UFC fighters
    win the case in the first place.

Do you think the case will hurt WWE? Will it go anywhere at all? Let us
    know in the comments below.

over 50,000 wrestling matches. He has also been a wrestling reviewer since
    2009 with over 5,000 full shows covered. You can find his work at kbwrestlingreviews.com, or check out his- Amazon author page with 30

The post Here Comes The Judge(Ment)? An Interesting UFC Lawsuit Could
    Change The Way WWE Works. appeared first on WrestlingRumors.net.

How To Get Ready. Why Some NXT Stars Could Appear On Monday Night Raw Soon.

Posted: 29 Aug 2019 07:32 PM PDT https://wrestlingrumors.net/tommyhall/get-ready-nxt-stars-appear-monday-night-raw-soon/

Nice to meet you. The wresting landscape has changed a lot in the last few months with shows moving all over the place in a battle for the best spot.
    One of the bigger moves was NXT to the USA Network as WWE tries to fight
    off AEW. That kind of a move is going to raise some eyebrows, but it also opens some doors for a lot of younger talent. It turns out that one of
    those doors is going in a different direction.

According to the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, WWE is considering bringing some NXT talents up to Monday Night Raw before NXT moves to USA on
    September 18. The idea would be to give the NXT names some exposure, but
    at the same time they could be seen as secondary talent. Triple H is
    currently trying to play defense to prevent Vince McMahon and Kevin Dunn
    from messing with NXT’s status as a third brand.

I mean, it worked before. Check out one of the best examples ever of NXT
    stars coming to Monday Night Raw:

Opinion: You have to know this is coming. Despite being in the same time
    slot that SmackDown is currently in, NXT will be viewed as a minor league
    show (hopefully they don’t get minor league pay forever) and that is going
    to become a problem. Maybe some things will change in time, but I don’t
    see that happening anytime soon. Just please don’t kill it. Please?

Do you like the move to USA? Will it go badly for NXT? Let us know in the comments below.

The post How To Get Ready. Why Some NXT Stars Could Appear On Monday Night
    Raw Soon. appeared first on WrestlingRumors.net.

Top Of The Charts. Seth Rollins Joins An Impressive List By Going To The
    Top Of An Impressive List.

Posted: 29 Aug 2019 07:16 PM PDT https://wrestlingrumors.net/tommyhall/top-charts-seth-rollins-joins-impressive-list-going-top-impressive-list/

Someone has to be on top of the list so make it Rollins. Wrestling fans
    have been debating the sport since it began. Everyone has an opinion of
    their own and everyone has a favorite wrestler. While that can’t really be proven right or wrong, it’s a little bit easier to rank wrestlers based on their success. You can look at what a wrestler did over the years and have
    a decent amount of confidence in who had the best year. As is an annual tradition, that has been done again.

According to Wrestlinginc.com, Seth Rollins has topped this year’s PWI (Pro Wrestling Illustrated) list, making the second time that he has earned the
    top spot. The list covers June to June of a year rather than beginning in January and takes into account wins and losses, quality of competition, the wrestler’s level of prominence in their promotion and various other
    factors. Rollins is the fifth person to win the honor twice, along with
    Bret Hart, Steve Austin, Triple H and John Cena. The remainder of the top
    five (in descending order) were Daniel Bryan, AJ Styles, Kofi Kingston and Kazuchika Okada.

Rollins did have a big year. Check out his biggest win:

Opinion: This works just fine as Rollins certainly had a strong year. He
    won the Royal Rumble and defeated Brock Lesnar at the biggest show of the
    year for the Universal Title. Couple that with cutting the list off before
    we got stuck in the full on Rollins vs. Baron Corbin vortex and there
    aren’t many in his league. It isn’t a runaway for Rollins but it would be hard to find anyone flat out better.

Who would you have at the top of the list? Where would you rank Rollins?
    Let us know in the comments below.

The post Top Of The Charts. Seth Rollins Joins An Impressive List By Going
    To The Top Of An Impressive List. appeared first on WrestlingRumors.net.

One More Time. WWE Planning Another Draft.

Posted: 29 Aug 2019 04:37 PM PDT https://wrestlingrumors.net/tommyhall/one-time-wwe-planning-another-draft/

They’re on the clock. In just over a month, SmackDown Live will be moving over to FOX, turning it into the WWE’s new top show. That is quite the change of pace for WWE as Monday Night Raw has dominated the wrestling landscape for the better part of twenty six and a half years. However,
    with such a change to the television schedule comes a change to the company structure as a whole.

According to the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, WWE is considering another Draft to split the rosters again. This would repair the issues that were caused by the Wild Card Rule which was put in place back in May. Since the Rule was put into place, Monday Night Raw and SmackDown Live talents have
    moved back and forth freely. There is no word on when the Draft would take place.

The Superstar Shakeup was a big day. Check out how things went behind the scenes:

Opinion: And how long is this one going to last? The idea of keeping the
    same rosters permanently is something that doesn’t quite hold up as
    sometimes you need some fresh names on either show. I’m sure we’ll get the Superstar Shakeup after WrestleMania again, but that doesn’t exactly make
    for the most exciting shows. One show always gets left in the dust and
    that isn’t a good thing, no matter how stacked the other is.

Do you want to see another Draft? Who would be the #1 picks? Let us know
    in the comments below.

The post One More Time. WWE Planning Another Draft. appeared first on WrestlingRumors.net.

Get Your Passports Ready. WWE May Be Planning A TV Taping In A Unique Location.

Posted: 29 Aug 2019 03:53 PM PDT https://wrestlingrumors.net/tommyhall/get-passports-ready-wwe-may-planning-tv-taping-unique-location/

They are the worldwide leaders. WWE is the most global wrestling company
    of all time. Not only do their shows air on television in most countries,
    but they even have promotions in different parts of the world and run shows
    all over the place. That keeps them on their toes, and now they might even
    be bringing their TV cameras to a show that is pretty far out of their
    normal terrain.

According to the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, there has been talk of
    running a WWE television taping in Colombia at some point next year. WWE
    ran an event in Bogota, Colombia over the weekend, which was said to be
    very well received with a hot, sellout crowd throughout the event. There
    is a chance that the show could even be turned into a pay per view.

WWE had a big show in the country last weekend. Check out one of the
    matches:

Opinion: Sure why not. These foreign markets are almost always going to
    offer hot crowds as they very rarely get live wrestling, at least at this
    high of a level. If WWE can make money and put on a cool atmosphere out
    there, why not go down there and see what they can do? It works very well
    over in Europe so maybe South America can be another big market. If it doesn’t work, they tried something and they don’t do it again. Why not see what happens?

Do you like the idea of a show in Colombia? Where else should WWE go? Let
    us know in the comments below.

The post Get Your Passports Ready. WWE May Be Planning A TV Taping In A
    Unique Location. appeared first on WrestlingRumors.net.

That Would Make A Splash. WWE Considering Bringing Back Two Controversial Stars For NXT.

Posted: 29 Aug 2019 09:21 AM PDT https://wrestlingrumors.net/tommyhall/make-splash-wwe-considering-bringing-back-two-controversial-stars-nxt/

What are they doin? WWE is in a very interesting place at the moment as
    for the first time in nearly twenty years, they seem to have some serious competition. With AEW going live every Wednesday night and likely growing
    from there, WWE is going out of their way to fight back against the upstart promotion. This includes bringing back some talent, no matter how controversial they are.

According to the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, WWE is considering bringing back Enzo Amore and Big Cass to make them two of the top stars in NXT. The
    two sides have been in discussions and it seems that a deal is possible
    should Amore and Big Cass accept. The two were both let go from the
    company in 2018 due to backstage issues and have performed infrequently on
    the independent circuit ever since.

They do know how to talk. Check out Amore and Big Cass’ main roster debuts: [This post contains video, click to play]

Opinion: I have a bad feeling about this. NXT has changed a lot since
    Amore and Big Cass were down there and I’m not sure how well they would fit in now. I understand why WWE would want to bring them back in as they certainly have star power, but at the same time they’re the kind of people who are going to turn off some fans. The NXT fans would likely welcome
    them back with open arms, but I’m not sure about the rest of the audience.

Do you think the two of them will be back? Do you want them to be? Let us know in the comments below.

over 50,000 wrestling matches. He has also been a wrestling reviewer since 2009 with over 5,000 full shows covered. You can find his work at kbwrestlingreviews.com, or check out his Amazon author page with 30

The post That Would Make A Splash. WWE Considering Bringing Back Two Controversial Stars For NXT. appeared first on WrestlingRumors.net.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)