• [WR] REVIEW: Prestige Wrestling: Attribute Of The Strong - The Rare Hid

From WrestlingRumors.net@21:1/5 to All on Sat Aug 10 11:40:18 2019
    WrestlingRumors.net

///////////////////////////////////////////
    REVIEW: Prestige Wrestling: Attribute Of The Strong - The Rare Hidden Gem

Posted: 10 Aug 2019 01:08 AM PDT https://wrestlingrumors.net/tommyhall/review-prestige-wrestling-attribute-strong-rare-hidden-gem/

Welcome to KB’s Old School (and New School) Reviews. I’ve been reviewing wrestling shows for over ten years now and have reviewed over 5,000 shows. Every Monday, Wednesday and Friday, I’ll be posting a new review here on Wrestlingrumors.net, starting today. It could be anything from modern WWE
    to old school to indies to anything in between. Note that I rate using
    letters instead of stars and I don’t rate matches under three minutes as really, how good or bad can something that short be?
    Attribute Of The Strong

Date: June 29, 2019

Commentator: Joe Dumbrowski
    It’s another show from Independentwrestling.TV as I get everything I can
    out of a free trial. This is from Prestige Wrestling, a promotion out of
    the northwest with some names I’ve actually heard of for a change. I’m not sure what to expect from this but that can make it more fun at times. Let’s get to it.
    As usual, I have no idea what is going on here with characters or
    storylines so I’m sorry if I miss anything in advance.
    Sweet there’s commentary on this one. That was a major problem last time. Ethan HD vs. Sonico
    I’ve seen Ethan before and Sonico is your local luchador. The ring looks rather big, probably WWE size at least. The fans immediately go with a BOTH THESE GUYS chant as the lighting looks like one of those recreation scenes
    on Dark Side Of The Ring, complete with the handheld camera work. Sonico
    takes him down into a front facelock so Ethan crawls backwards to escape. A test of strength goes a little better for Ethan as he takes Sonico down but can’t break his bridge.
    Ethan’s jumping stomp misses, with Ethan saying it was that close. Fair enough and a smart warning as grown men stomping down onto the chest can be damaging. Sonico’s mask comes unhooked so Ethan helps put it back together, meaning we need a hug. A quick victory roll gives Sonico two and Ethan has
    to duck a swinging kick to the head so we can have a standoff. Another hug winds up being some shoving, allowing Sonico to bounce off the ropes into a wristdrag.
    Ethan tries the same and can’t get up to the middle rope for a funny bit. It’s Sonico picking up the pace and hitting a springboard shoulder to put Ethan on the floor. The suicide dive nearly sends Ethan into the corner of
    the small arena and the fans are rather pleased. Sonico chops him around
    the ring, even having Ethan sit on a chair for a rather big one. Back in
    and Sonico hits a basement dropkick in the corner for two, followed by a quickly broken Figure Four.
    Ethan tells him to bring it on so Sonico drops him with a left hand to the face. To be fair, he did ask for it. Some running knees in the corner have Sonico in trouble and a Death Valley Driver gives Ethan two. Things get a
    bit more aggressive with Ethan stomping him down in the corner, meaning
    it’s time to head to the floor. A chop nearly attaches a poster to Sonico’s chest and a bottom rope superplex gives Ethan two more. Ethan clotheslines
    his head off for another two but Sonico sends him throat first into the
    middle rope.
    That means a top rope double stomp to the back and a missile dropkick as
    Ethan is rocked for a change. There’s a Sling Blade into a suplex (called a brainbuster) for two on Ethan but he’s right back up with a springboard
    kick to the head. Sonico rolls outside so it’s a springboard moonsault to take him out as this is getting WAY more time than I was expecting. Ethan returns the top rope double stomp to the back and hits a running shooting
    star press for two more.
    Sonico’s reverse hurricanrana plants Ethan but he can’t follow up. It’s Ethan up first and a shot to the head sets up a tiger driver for the next
    near fall. Sonico is back up with a lifting DDT and Ethan flips him off and spits at him after the comeback. That’s too much for Sonico, who knees him
    in the back of the head for the pin at 19:30.
    Rating: B. That was FAR longer than I was expecting but it was a rather entertaining back and forth match. Ethan started off being respectful and having fun but eventually got a lot angrier and more disrespectful. That
    told a nice story for the match and I had a good time with this. That’s how you need to open a show and I’m looking forward to seeing what else they
    have for the rest of the night. Nicely done.
    They shake hands post match.
    Cole Wright vs. Mike Santiago
    So a bit of a weird thing here: they show a graphic for every match, which
    is perfectly fine. What’s strange is that it shows all of the show’s information, including where to go for tickets. To the show that you’re already watching. Santiago seems to be the villain here as he has been
    saying that Wright, who is new around here, isn’t in his league. The wristlock has Santiago in some early control as we hear about the Prestige Championship picture.
    The battle of wristlocks goes to a standoff and Santiago chuckles from the corner. They fight over a top wristlock until Wright hits him in the face
    to make Santiago go a bit more serious. A running clothesline gets one and
    a Codebreaker gets double that, so Santiago gets smart and knocks him
    outside. That means a kick from the apron before squeezing Wright’s head against the post.
    Back in and the chinlock keeps Wright down and a big forearm gets two. The running knee to the face misses but Santiago is fine with a dropkick to
    take Wright back down. Wright is back on his feet for the slugout with
    Santiago getting the better of it for two. A missed crossbody out of the
    corner makes it even worse for Wright but Santiago is getting frustrated
    off the near falls. Santiago’s tornado DDT gets a slightly delayed two so it’s time to punch Wright in the face.
    Another near fall means it’s time to yell at the referee, which allows
    Wright to roll some German suplexes. Santiago runs him over for two more,
    but walks into a spinebuster for Wright’s first big shot in a good while. Wright grabs him by the waist to send Santiago bailing to the ropes out of
    fear of something unclear. With that broken up, Santiago nails a knee to
    the face and grabs a fisherman’s buster into a small package to put Wright away at 14:46.
    Rating: C. This was another one with a story though the action wasn’t as entertaining. Santiago wasn’t all that impressed by Wright to start but had to worker harder to beat him. The problem was that I didn’t quite buy that Santiago was in any real danger as Wright was more surviving than
    competing. The spinebuster was good but other than that, there just wasn’t much going on here. Not bad, but it only went so far.
    Post match Santiago says cut the music. He told everyone that Wright didn’t have a chance, which has been the case with so many people around here. Santiago wants better competition and he’s tired of being up local guys. Black Sheep vs. Drexl vs. Jaiden vs. Nick Radford
    One fall to a finish. Drexl has been mentioned a few times and seems to be
    a bigger deal around here. Radford has glasses and a book, with the fans
    not seemingly that into him. This seems to be a new look for him and while
    he wants to say something, Drexl, with a huge beard, cuts him off as we’re ready to go. The bell rings and Radford gets the mic but the fans cut him
    off this time.
    Radford has something to read for us: erotic fan fiction poetry, which
    seems to please Drexl. The poem is about the four way and how the four of
    them could have a bit of fun. Jaiden takes the book away and the double
    teaming is on (make your own jokes). Sheep and Jaiden hammer away on him
    but Drexl is more interested in reading the book. Jaiden kicks Radford in
    the face but gets hit in the face with the book for his efforts. More book shots from Drexl set up a nasty paper cut for Jaiden as we’re in Jimmy
    Havoc world.
    Sheep and Radford are fine with watching as Drexl cuts Jaiden’s mouth as well. With Sheep remembering he’s in the match, Drexl and Radford fight
    over the book on the floor as Jaiden, seemingly fine from the cuts, flips across the ring. That doesn’t go well as Sheep catches him for a slam into the corner, setting up a toss over the top onto the other two. Back in and Radford has the book again, with Drexl telling him to finish the story. He
    even brings Radford a chair so he can read more easily.
    Radford gets to the part about Jaiden, who tries to break it up and gets
    sent face first into the chair for his efforts. Then Sheep is sent face
    first into Radford’s crotch and Drexl pelts the chair at Sheep’s head. Another chair is set up in the middle and it’s a Tower of Doom to send everyone but Radford through them. As a result, Radford loads up the book
    again but gets pulled into the Tree of Woe and then a trashcan. Sheep
    spears the trashcan, leaving Drexl to hit a sitout Death Valley Driver for
    the pin on Jaiden at 11:22.
    Rating: D+. I’m not sure what to make of this, but I know I’m not a big fan of comedy like this. The book deal was more bizarre than funny which made
    for a rather different match. Maybe this is a match where I need to know
    the people a bit better, but this didn’t do it for me. It wasn’t the worst and it didn’t last that long (remember that the reading went for over two minutes at the beginning), but this mostly missed for me.
    Post match Drexl hits himself in the head with a chair. Various others
    leave annoyed.
    Juventud Guerrera vs. TJP
    This could be interesting. Juvy, in his mask again, streams his entrance in
    one of those things that always seems cool, no matter how common it might
    be. Before the match, Juvy does his Rock impression, which has been going
    on longer than Rock’s entire career now. He also puts over TJP as the first modern Cruiserweight Champion and then goes with a LET’S GET JUICY chant.
    Uh, yeah. Anyway they shake hands and we’re ready to go.
    Juvy snapmares him down early on but doesn’t follow up in a show of
    respect. A battle over wristlocks means a lot of spinning and flipping away until TJP anklescissors him down. TJP has to bounce out of a headscissors
    and a basement dropkick puts Juvy on the floor. An exchange of leapfrogs
    takes us to a standoff and the fans are rather pleased with what they’re seeing.
    That means another handshake but Juvy takes a breather by laying across the ropes ala Eddie Guerrero. TJP does his own Eddie pose, but Juvy says HE
    loves Eddie more. One heck of a chop drops TJP and the double arm crank is
    on. Some running shots in the corner rock TJP again with Juvy throwing in
    some swearing for flavor. Now we pause so Juvy can yell at a fan, allowing
    TJP (known defender of fans) to hit a springboard hurricanrana to put them
    both down.
    There’s a tornado DDT to plant Juvy and a high crossbody gets two. Juvy
    gets two of his own off a tilt-a-whirl backbreaker and a Downward Spiral
    into the middle buckle makes it even worse. An over the shoulder
    backbreaker is spun into a DDT to give Juvy two more and it’s time for the Juvy Driver (I know this as Juvy makes a motion and shouts JUVY DRIVER).
    The shouting isn’t the best idea as TJP reverses into the kneebar with Juvy tapping….and then shaking his head no. The referee counts it as the submission at 13:34 in a weird ending.
    Rating: C+. This is why you bring in someone with a reputation like Juvy.
    TJP is a bigger name in modern wrestling but Juvy was a big deal during one
    of the most important eras and a win over him means something for TJP. You
    have to bring in the veterans to give the younger guys (though TJP is a
    veteran as well) a boost. Good match too as the show has been rather entertaining so far.
    There’s some confusion over what happened but Juvy definitely tapped. A guy with a camera who I assume is an authority figure decides we’re getting
    five more minutes because SLAPPING THE MAT OVER AND OVER while in a hold doesn’t count as a tap for some reason. They kick away at each other as commentary tries to explain that it was a controversial ending. The Juvy
    Driver and Detonation Kick are both countered and Juvy rolls him up for the
    pin at 15:10 total. That had to be a botched finish earlier because
    otherwise there is no reason to do something so messy and so fast.
    Post match Juvy raises his mask and praises TJP again. Juvy didn’t tap
    (yeah he did) and would love to face TJP again at some point. TJP says he
    knows Juvy didn’t tap but he’d want five more minutes with him even if he had. He left WWE to chase his freedom and he’s honored to face another
    former Cruiserweight Champion. Hugging ensues.
    Team C4 vs. Eh Team vs. Konami Code vs. 4 Minutes of Heat
    Elimination rules and the Konami Code is the only one I’ve heard of. The Eh Team (Lance Pearson/Chase James) are Canadians, 4 Minutes of Heat (Eddie Pearl/Ricky Gibson (not Robert’s brother, who was also a wrestler)) are rockers, Konami Code (Julian Whyt/CJ Edwards) are in Castlevania cosplay
    and Team C4 (Cody Chun/Guillermo Rosa) are….well they’re the last to enter. There is currently a Tag Team Title tournament going on/still be seeded so there is some jockeying for position going on here.
    Chun and Whyt start things off as the fans chant what sounds like “SALTY B******”. Whyt and Chun trade some legsweeps and they both miss dropkicks
    for an early standoff. It’s off to Rosa vs. James, with the first round consisting of getting the fans to cheer louder. Instead of going after
    James, Guillermo chops Gibson to bring him in.
    The other teams bail from a Gibson tag attempt, leaving him to get kicked
    in the face. James hits some chops in the corner and it’s Pearl coming in
    for a save, earning himself a trip to his partner’s crotch. That happens
    two more times as this isn’t as funny as they think it is. A neckbreaker/powerbomb combination gets two on Gibson but a powerslam/neckbreaker combination finishes Pearson for the first
    elimination at 5:45.
    It’s Konami Code coming in to double team Pearl with an assisted dropkick putting him on the floor. Pearl gets dropkicked off the apron and there’s
    the suicide dive. Chun dives onto both of them but Gibson slips on the
    ropes and crotches himself. More dives ensue until it’s another powerslam/neckbreaker combination to get rid of the Konami Code at 8:59.
    Rosa slugs away at both of them and it’s a German suplex with an O’Connor roll for a double near fall. Chun comes back in and Rosa tries to use him
    as a launchpad into a Canadian Destroyer but Rosa can’t get over. Instead it’s a regular piledriver to Pearl, leaving Chun to roll Gibson up for the pin at 11:25.
    Rating: C-. This had the dives and fast pace but it felt like it should
    have been a lot longer. The eliminations came rather fast and furious at
    the end and I was surprised by the final pin. In this case that isn’t the best thing in the world, as nothing really had a chance to be set up. The
    match wasn’t terrible or anything, but no one had a chance to stand out.
    Post match 4 Minutes of Heat beat them down with the same
    powerslam/neckbreaker combination. Cue the likely authority figure to say he’s tired of 4 Minutes of Heat acting like this, so he’s bringing in someone they think they are: the Rock N Roll Express. Well that works,
    though the Express in Oregon feels weird.
    Super Crazy vs. Chavo Guerrero
    Chavo gets checked for weapons but just to be fair, he checks the ref too. Crazy likes the idea but doesn’t listen to the fans’ demands that he check the ref as well. We get a BOTH THESE GUYS chant and Chavo says that’s the first time he’s ever gotten one of those. Crazy takes him into the corner
    but gets snapmared down into an early chinlock. Back up and a wristlock
    seems to annoy Crazy so he takes it to the mat for a front facelock. That impresses Chavo and it’s another standoff.
    An ECW chant lets Crazy get in a few cheap shots, as for some reason the
    fans don’t seem to remember Chavo being ECW Champion. Chavo gets beaten
    down in the corner and Crazy wraps the knee around the post. Back in and
    Crazy kicks at the leg to keep Chavo in trouble. It’s already time to head back to the floor with Chavo being thrown into some chairs.
    They head back inside again for more kicks to the leg as you can’t say
    Crazy isn’t focused here. The chinlock switches the pace a bit but doesn’t last long as Chavo is back up with a dropkick. A headscissors into the slingshot hilo gets two and the knee is fine enough to hit Three Amigos.
    The Eddie chants are rolling as Chavo goes up but he has to knock Crazy
    back down. Something like a frog crossbody finishes Crazy at 10:49.
    Rating: C. Chavo sold the knee near the end but there wasn’t much in the
    way of his offense changing because of it. That being said, a match between
    two guys far past their primes but still more than watchable in the ring is
    a good addition to have on the card. Having someone like Chavo makes the
    show feel a little more legitimate and adds some star power. He’s not the biggest name ever but he’s the biggest name on the show and he had a good match. It gives the place a little more legitimacy and that’s very
    important.
    Post match Chavo talks about coming to Portland dozens of times for a bunch
    of companies Then he came back here for a show called Grimm and he loves
    this city. Chavo talks about all the things he loves about the place,
    including the coffee and the weed. This kind of a show is why someone
    leaves WWE because they love to interact with the fans.
    Ask any big band if they have more fun playing in a stadium or a bar and they’ll pick the bar every time. Chavo puts over Crazy and the company,
    plus Prestige Champion Tom Lawlor. Nice speech, capped off with an EDDIE
    chant. Hang on though as Crazy wants to talk about how special this is as
    well.
    Prestige Wrestling Title: Tom Lawlor vs. Simon Grimm
    Lawlor is defending and that is Simon Gotch. This is a rubber match as they have split a pair of matches before this one. These two are feuding in MLW
    as well so there is potential here. Grimm heads to the mat to start with
    Lawlor not being able to do much. He can get out of Grimm’s armbar attempt but gets pulled down into a headscissors for a breather. Lawlor’s armbar
    has Grimm in a bit of trouble and a hammerlock puts him on the mat. Lawlor switches over to the leg and gets in a Sharpshooter, possibly becoming an honorary Canadian in the process.
    With that broken up, Lawlor switches to a Figure Four as he’s certainly sticking with the grappling and submissions so far. Grimm pulls on the
    ankle to escape but Lawlor switches it over to a Regal Stretch while on his back. Some shots to the head get Grimm out of trouble and he goes with
    shots to the champ’s face. Lawlor is fine with the striking and knocks
    Grimm to the apron, only to suplex him back in. The guillotine choke keeps Grimm in trouble but they fall outside for the break and a crash.
    Grimm finally manages to drop Lawlor onto the apron for a breather, breaks
    the count, and then goes back outside to kick Lawlor in the chest. Lawlor
    has shown he can hang in the striking so he kicks right back, has a drink,
    and keeps kicking. Another kick sends Grimm through some chairs as the fire
    is starting to come out. The referee’s requests to come back in aren’t well received as Grimm would rather hit a suplex on the floor to a big reaction. That’s only good for two back inside so it’s bottom rope superplex time for two more. The Kimura attempt is broken up and it’s time to slug it out
    again. Just like the previous two times, Lawlor gets the better of it and
    we hit an airplane spin of all things. Lawlor puts him on the top for some running knees to the ribs, including one after three forward rolls. They
    slug it out again, with the low lights showing the sweat that much better.
    Yet again Lawlor gets the better of a battle of strikes but misses a top
    rope elbow.
    Grimm STILL doesn’t get it with the strikes, though this time stereo big
    hits to the head give us a double knockdown. A German suplex drops Grimm on
    his head and a running knee rocks him again. The rear naked choke is broken
    up but Grimm can’t get the armbreaker. Lawlor is right back with the choke but Grimm uses the underneath arm to reach the rope.
    Grimm gets up again and hits a cradle piledriver for two as Grimm is
    looking frustrated. This time Grimm goes for a rollup, which is reversed
    into a triangle choke for two arm drops. Lawlor flips over though and it’s
    a series of forearms to the head. Another triangle makes Grimm tap at 21:19. Rating: B. Other than Grimm not getting it with the strikes, this was a
    very interesting and entertaining battle of two people trying to outlast
    the other. Grimm was good but Lawlor kept grinding him down and eventually winning when Lawlor was able to use the skills and experience. Grimm looked good here and has done a great job of making me forget what he used to be.
    Very good main event.
    Lawlor wants to show respect but Grimm collapses to end the show.
    Overall Rating: B+. I wasn’t expecting anything here and I got a very good show with some good action, a few nice surprises and only one match I
    didn’t care for, which was more that it wasn’t my taste than anything else. This was a lot better than I would have bet on and that’s not something you can say from an indy company. Yeah it’s small and they are limited on stories, but this was a two hour and thirty five minute show with nothing
    bad and enough good that I’d watch another show. It’s one of the better indies I’ve seen and there are a lot of them to beat to reach that point.

Thomas Hall has been a wrestling fan for over thirty years and has seen
    over 50,000 wrestling matches. He has also been a wrestling reviewer since
    2009 with over 5,000 full shows covered. You can find his work at kbwrestlingreviews.com, or check out his Amazon author page with 28
    wrestling books. His latest book is the History Of In Your House.

Get the latest and greatest in professional wrestling news by signing up
    for our daily email newsletter. Just look below for GET EXCLUSIVE UPDATES
    to sign up. We are proud to offer our popular Wrestling Rumors app and encourage you to download it for an optimized user experience. It is
    available for Android and also on iOS. Thank you for reading!

The post REVIEW: Prestige Wrestling: Attribute Of The Strong The Rare
    Hidden Gem appeared first on WrestlingRumors.net.

NXT Takeover: Toronto Preview, Predictions And Thoughts

Posted: 10 Aug 2019 01:01 AM PDT https://wrestlingrumors.net/tommyhall/nxt-takeover-toronto-preview-predictions-thoughts/

It’s time to go north of the border for the next edition of one of the best series in wrestling history. Takeover has gone from a few specials for the minor league to some of the most must see wrestling events of the year.
    This one feels a bit different though as the build towards Takeover:
    Toronto hasn’t been the strongest in the world. Maybe the card isn’t as strong or maybe it feels a bit rushed, but it hasn’t felt as great on the
    way up. It’s still worth looking at though so let’s get to it.
    Candice LeRae vs. Io Shirai

This is a grudge match after Shirai couldn’t beat Shayna Baszler to become Women’s Champion. Instead of blaming herself, she blamed LeRae, who had
    tried to help even the odds against the Four Horsewomen. Shirai snapped and beat the fire out of LeRae, who came back and did the exact same thing to
    her. This one is all about the violence and that could make for an intense match.

There are some angry feelings here:

[This post contains video, click to play]
    I’ll take Shirai to win here as she seems like someone who could be quite
    the challenger for Yim, assuming she wins the title. LeRae vs. Baszler
    seemed to be the way to go for a long time, but for some reason they never
    did it on the big stage. Maybe they still could, but I think Baszler is on
    her way up sooner, meaning that Shirai is a better choice for a challenger
    and the win here would get here there. LeRae will work as hard as she
    always does, but Shirai is going to be too much for her.
    Women’s Title: Shayna Baszler(c) vs. Mia Yim

It makes sense to go here next. Baszler has dominated the NXT women’s division like no one other than Asuka in the title’s history. If she can somehow make it another three and a half months as champion, she will
    actually surpass Asuka’s record for most title reigns. However, in doing
    so, she has run through almost everyone there is to defeat, save for Yim,
    who is being billed as the underdog who has fought through everything to
    get here. That sounds like a setup and I think I know where this is going.

Its been a long time in the making:

Yim winning the title seems to be the most likely ending here as Baszler
    may not be long for NXT. There is nothing left for her to do down there
    other than set records and given that she is in her late 30s, there is no reason to leave her down in NXT any longer. There are all kinds of reasons
    for her to come up to the main roster and putting Yim over for the title
    makes a lot of sense. Granted I’ve been saying this for months and have
    been wrong every time, but it has to connect at some point.
    Tag Team Titles: Street Profits(c) vs. Undisputed Era

It’s Roderick Strong/Kyle O’Reilly representing the Undisputed Era here and that means we might be in for a big story. The idea seems to be the
    Undisputed Era holding all of the titles at the same time and you can’t do that with two of the titles missing. Unfortunately that means we can’t have the Street Profits holding the titles any longer, which is going to take
    away some of the spark that she show has had. They’re as entertaining as
    you can get, but I’m not sure what happens here.

These guys have more charisma than they know what to do with:

The more I think about it though, I don’t think the titles change hands.
    NXT isn’t the place to have transitional champions and the Street Profits have only held the titles for about two months. I just can’t imagine NXT making the Undisputed Era three time champions, especially for the sake of setting up the group as the Four Horsemen of NXT. Odds are I’m wrong here
    and it’s more hope than anything else, but I’ll go with the champs retaining.
    North American Title: Velveteen Dream(c) vs. Roderick Strong vs. Pete Dunne

This was set up as a singles match with Strong challenging Dream, but Dunne
    was thrown in to shake things up a bit. That’s exactly the case too, as I would have bet on Strong taking the title but now I have no idea where
    things are going. I can’t imagine Strong losing, I can’t imagine Dream losing and I can’t imagine Dunne losing. That’s a very impressive way to build to the match and they’ve done it well here.

Thats how you add a wildcard:

I’ll go with Strong winning here as the Undisputed Era has to do something and get some extra gold. The Dream is ready to do something else as he has
    far longer than anyone else in history. Dunne is a complete wildcard though
    as he’s someone you could see as one of the top stars in the entire company one day. I don’t know if he’s going to be around NXT full time though and that leaves you with Strong, who needs his big singles win. I’ll take
    Strong here, but I’m completely lacking certainty.
    NXT Title: Adam Cole(c) vs. Johnny Gargano

This might be why I’m not wild on the whole show. At the end of the day, we’ve seen this match headlining the last two Takeovers and Gargano has
    been in the main event scene for going on two years now. Eventually you
    need something fresh and it doesn’t feel like that is the case at the
    moment. The match is 2/3 falls as well, making it feel even longer.

Things are a little personal:

I think they’ll stick with Cole here as Gargano is much better as the challenger instead of the champion and tends to lose the big matches. He’s already been there once and that’s about all he needs to cement his legacy. The build for it has been good (the final video from this week’s TV was outstanding) but both guys are ready for something new and there are more challengers for Cole than Gargano. It will be entertaining, but Gargano
    loses in the end, as he should.
    Overall Thoughts

Here’s the thing about NXT: even if the show is one of the weakest in the history of Takeover, it’s still going to be one of the best shows of the year. That’s just how NXT works and they’re incapable of having a truly bad show. It’s going to be a great time and likely a blast, but you never can tell just how things are going to go. I’m more into the show than I was
    three days ago so the go home episode did well, but they’re going uphill
    this time around.

The post NXT Takeover: Toronto Preview, Predictions And Thoughts appeared
    first on WrestlingRumors.net.

Its A Big Change. WWE May Be Downsizing To Deal With Attendance Problems.

Posted: 10 Aug 2019 12:34 AM PDT https://wrestlingrumors.net/tommyhall/big-change-wwe-may-downsizing-deal-attendance-problems/

It could eliminate some problems. WWE is in a weird place at the moment
    with their business not doing as well as it has in the past. There are a variety of problems with it, but at the end of the day, the fans just
    aren’t watching as much as they did before. That creates a problem when
    they aren’t coming to the shows and now, WWE might be taking a major step
    to curb the problem.

According to the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, WWE is considering cutting
    down on its number of live events and holding more Monday Night
    Raw/SmackDown Live supershows. The idea is that the fans will feel like
    they are seeing something more special, while also featuring more talent
    than on the split roster shows. There is no exact word on how many events would be dropped, but it is not expected to be that many.

You can get some cool stuff at house shows. Check out this one with some special guest stars:

Opinion: This is probably the right idea. At the moment, fans just are not showing up to the house shows and there is no need to waste money on them
    or make the company look bad. While the better way to fix the problem is
    to run more interesting and better TV that draws fans to the arenas, it
    isn’t as surprising when you consider the amount of content available on
    the WWE Network. With so much to watch, it’s not shocking that people
    might want to watch at home instead.

Are you surprised by this move? Will it help the company’s problems? Let
    us know in the comments below.

Thomas Hall has been a wrestling fan for over thirty years and has seen
    over 50,000 wrestling matches. He has also been a wrestling reviewer since 2009 with over 5,000 full shows covered. You can find his work at kbwrestlingreviews.com, or check out his Amazon author page with 28
    wrestling books. His latest book is the History Of In Your House.

Get the latest and greatest in professional wrestling news by signing up
    for our daily email newsletter. Just look below for GET EXCLUSIVE UPDATES
    to sign up. We are proud to offer our popular Wrestling Rumors app and encourage you to download it for an optimized user experience. It is
    available for Android and also on iOS. Thank you for reading!

The post Its A Big Change. WWE May Be Downsizing To Deal With Attendance Problems. appeared first on WrestlingRumors.net.

[continued in next message]

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)