• [PW] CM Punk Talks Why He Agreed To Starrcast Appearance, Relationship

From ProWrestling.com@21:1/5 to All on Thu Jul 25 16:09:27 2019
    ProWrestling.com

///////////////////////////////////////////
    CM Punk Talks Why He Agreed To Starrcast Appearance, Relationship With Cody
    & The Bucks

Posted: 25 Jul 2019 01:30 PM PDT https://www.prowrestling.com/cm-punk-talks-why-he-agreed-to-starrcast-appearance-relationship-with-cody-the-bucks/

CM Punk recently spoke with ESPN to discuss his upcoming appearance at Starrcast III. Punk is no stranger to meet & greets, but Starrcasts close proximity to All Elite Wrestling has everyones attention. Punk made it very clear in the interview that this is just a meet and greet, nothing more,
    citing the conventions location as its biggest draw for the Chicago-area native.

ESPN: Youre doing Starrcast. Why is the timing right, and why did you
    decide to do it?

Punk: They asked if I wanted to do Starrcast. Thats basically it. Theres no mad scientist formula to it. I hate traveling. Ive turned down offers to do signings in other places. It turns into a mission to leave town just to do
    a signing and stuff. I like to take time with everybody and make sure
    everybody has a good experience. I try not to just shuffle people through a line. For those of you who dont know what it is, its not just somebody
    shoves something in front of me, I sign it and its on to the next. I really
    try to make sure everybody has a story to tell or an experience. Sometimes
    it can be exhausting.

The biggest thing was its in my hometown. I get to go for one day, I get to have fun, I get to give back to the fans, so to speak. And I get to go home
    and rest afterward.

As far as his relationship with AEW, Punk made it clear that hes friendly
    with those in charge, but doesnt have a relationship with the company.

I know they like to talk about me a lot. If I text Matt Jackson, Hey, have
    a great show tonight, which I did when they had their big show in Vegas,
    that somehow turns into Tony Khan telling people he has a great
    relationship with me. Ive said in the past Ive talked to them, but nothing
    ever came of anything.

Punk said he was damned if I do, damned if I dont, when it comes to
    replying to texts from Cody or The Bucks,  and even received an offer from them as recently as last month.

Punk: The last thing I got I got a text from Cody [Rhodes]. And again, I almost dont even know how to reply to them sometimes, because if I reply,
    they do interviews and are like, Oh yeah, I just talked to Punk. Im kind of damned if I do, damned if I dont. I always think if somebody wants to do business with me, they can come talk to me. Texting offers isnt really a
    way to do good business, at least.

ESPN: Was it an offer via text?

Punk: It was texted through three people and an offer came in through text. This is like a month ago, maybe.

Punk is currently doing commentary for the MMA promotion CFFC. He also mentioned that he loved the experience of fighting in a UFC ring. Losing stinks, but Im not dead, he said of his 0-2 UFC career.

The post CM Punk Talks Why He Agreed To Starrcast Appearance, Relationship
    With Cody The Bucks appeared first on ProWrestling.com.

WWE Met With Dragon Gate, Raised Money For Yoshihiro Takayama

Posted: 25 Jul 2019 12:50 PM PDT https://www.prowrestling.com/wwe-met-with-dragon-gate-raised-money-for-yoshihiro-takayama/

According to the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Triple H met with officials from Dragon Gate promotion during WWEs recent tour of Japan. No details are available on how talks went, but WWE recently met with the promotion
    Stardom, leading to speculation that either or both promotions could end up
    on the rumored tiered-version of the network.

While in Japan, WWE also raised money for paralyzed wrestler Yoshihiro Takayama. The company raised approx. $1,400 through fan donations during
    their Tokyo show. The money was given to Takayamas TAKAYAMANIA charity,
    which usually has donation boxes set up at various Japanese promotions.

The post WWE Met With Dragon Gate, Raised Money For Yoshihiro Takayama
    appeared first on ProWrestling.com.

Backstage News on The Undertakers Status for WWE SummerSlam

Posted: 25 Jul 2019 12:31 PM PDT https://www.prowrestling.com/backstage-news-on-the-undertakers-status-for-wwe-summerslam/

Last month The Undertaker made his return to Monday Night Raw making an incredibly random save for Roman Reigns a man who beat him in the main
    event of WrestleMania.

This all led to a tag team match pitting the two against Drew McIntyre and Shane McMahon at SummerSlam, in a move that most assumed was to set up some kind of big program for SummerSlam, just a month away. As it turns out, the rare appearance of The Deadman may have just been a one-off after all

According to the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, the Undertaker is not currently scheduled to compete at this years WWE SummerSlam pay-per-view, taking place on Sunday, August 11th in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.

This is definitely strange given that Undertaker vs. Drew McIntyre was
    being advertised in the Toronto market for the show just a few weeks ago, although those ads have been been replaced with the actual SummerSlam card obviously. That match seemed an obvious direction coming out of the Extreme Rules tag team affair, and things could certainly change at the drop of a
    dime in WWE, but as of right now the Deadman is not on the show.

The post Backstage News on The Undertakers Status for WWE SummerSlam
    appeared first on ProWrestling.com.

MLW Taping In NYC Tonight

Posted: 25 Jul 2019 12:12 PM PDT https://www.prowrestling.com/mlw-taping-in-nyc-tonight/

MLW issued the following:

MLW returns to NYC tonight for Fusion TV tapings

Limited general admission tickets available now at MLWTickets.com

Major League Wrestling returns to New York City tonight for a special
    FUSION TV taping.

MLW today announced a Grudge Match: Mance Warner vs. Ricky Martinez (presented by Salina de la Renta) for MLW: Never Say Never 19 at the
    Melrose Ballroom in New York City on July 25. The event will be a MLW
    FUSION TV taping for beIN SPORTS.

Tickets start at $20 at http://www.MLWTickets.com.

Are you ready for NEVER SAY NEVER?

Tonight live from the Melrose Ballroom in New York City Major League
    Wrestling presents a beIN SPORTS TV taping.

The card has a bell time of 6:40 p.m. featuring MLW Challengers series
    bouts (local time).

You can see a full list of matches for tonight’s card here.  The card is an MLW FUSION TV taping, as well, so bring your signs!

VERY limited tickets are available digitally at MLWTickets.com and may be purchased at the box office while available. Be advised: this card is
    tracking to sell out. MLW encourages purchasing tickets while available.

EVENT FAQ

Major League Wrestling shows are interactive. Fans get to not only
    experience major league action in the ring but have the opportunity to meet some of their favorites before bell time.

The venue is located at: 3608 33rd St, Queens, NY 11106.

MEET AND GREETS

There will be several meet and greet opportunities featuring Major League Wrestling wrestlers and personalities.

There will be exclusive event only merchandise available at the MLW Shop pavilion on the 1st floor of the venue.

Additionally, there is a private VIP Meet and Greet for first row ringside ticket holders (SOLD OUT) which includes early entry (5:30 p.m.). This meet
    and greet has extended meet and greet privileges.

DAY OF EVENT INFO

The schedule is as follows:

5:30 p.m.: Early entry VIP meet and greet with MLW wrestlers (exclusive for first row ticket holders [sold out]
    6:00 p.m.: Doors open for general public (all ticket holders)

6:40 p.m.: Showtime

The world of MLW never stops. See you at the matches TONIGHT!

Signed for July 25:

WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP

Jacob Fatu (c) vs. Filthy Tom Lawlor

DREAM MATCH

LA Park vs. Jimmy Havoc

FIRST-TIME EVER

Davey Boy Smith Jr. vs. Timothy Thatcher

WORLD MIDDLEWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP BOUT

Teddy Hart (champion) vs. MJF

MIDDLEWEIGHT BOUT

Austin Aries vs. Ace Austin

¡LUCHA LIBRE!

Rey Horus vs. Bestia 666 (presented by Salina de la Renta)

NATIONAL OPENWEIGHT CHAMPION VS. CARIBBEAN CHAMPION

Alex Hammerstone vs. Savio Vega

Brian Pillman Jr. vs. Richard Holliday

MIDDLEWEIGHT BOUT

Low Ki vs. Jimmy Yuta

3 ON 3 TRIOS MATCH

Gringo Loco, Zenshi & Air Wolf vs. Injustice (Myron Reed, Jordan Oliver & Kotto Brazil)

GRUDGE MATCH

Mance Warner vs. Ricky El Sicario Martinez (presented by Salina de la Renta)

MIDDLEWEIGHT BOUT

Zenshi vs. Hijo de LA Park (presented by Salina de la Renta)

Some of the athletes and talent signed to compete and appear include: Ross
    & Marshall Von Erich • Konnan • Ariel Dominguez and more!

More matches and wrestlers will be announced at MLW.com.

The event will be a Major League Wrestling: FUSION television taping for
    beIN SPORTS, FreeSports in UK and Ireland as well as EGO TV in Israel.

Tickets are moving fast for MLWs return July 25 card. Buy tickets at MLWTickets.com.

Tickets start at just $20.  There are limited VIP tickets available which includes early entry (5:30 P.M.) featuring a Pre-Show Meet and Greet with select MLW fighting athletes.

Please note: General Admission SRO Tickets are: $20 for advance sales, $25
    Day of Event at the door.

General Public Doors Open: 6:00 p.m. with a bell time of: 7:00 p.m.

Tickets start at $20 at MLWtickets.com.  Tickets will also be available day of show at the box office unless the event sales out in advance.

About Major League Wrestling

Major League Wrestling (MLW®) is a sports media holding company with a
    focus on professional wrestling sporting events/programming, digital
    content and ancillary entertainment.

The fastest growing wrestling league today, MLW’s weekly TV series, Major League Wrestling: FUSION, airs Saturday nights 9pm ET / 6pm PT on beIN
    SPORTS in the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico.  Wrestling fans in the United Kingdom and Ireland can watch FUSION on FreeSports Tuesday nights at 10pm.  In Israel, FUSION airs at 6:10pm on Ego Total.

MLW features a roster full of high profile fighters and on-air talent from around the world including: The Hart Foundation, “Filthy” Tom Lawlor, Ross & Marshall Von Erich, Low Ki, LA Park, Salina de la Renta, CONTA Unit, Alex Hammerstone, MJF, Mance Warner, Richard Holliday and many more.

MLW is the parent company of the MLW Radio Network, the leading provider of professional wrestling podcasts in the world with 5-6 podcasts in the top iTunes 100 in the sports category on the average day.

Like MLW on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/majorleaguewrestling

Follow MLW on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/MLW

Follow MLW on Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/majorleaguewrestling

Learn more about MLW at: http://www.MLW.com

Mila Guzmán

Head of Media Relations

mila.guzman@mlw.com

Credentials:

Interested in covering an MLW card live? Sit in the press box with access
    to wrestlers, front office and more. Inquiry: press@mlw.com.

Business Inquiries:

For general business inquires, visit: https://mlw.com/contact-2/.

The post MLW Taping In NYC Tonight appeared first on ProWrestling.com.

Jimmy Uso Released from Jail, WWE Issues Statement on His Arrest

Posted: 25 Jul 2019 12:12 PM PDT https://www.prowrestling.com/jimmy-uso-released-from-jail-wwe-issues-statement-on-his-arrest/

Earlier today it was reported by TMZ that WWE Superstar Jimmy Uso had been arrested in Pensacola, FL and charged with a DUI after a police officer
    pulled him over for driving erratically and reeking of alcohol.

PWInsider.com has now confirmed that Jimmy has been released from jail following the posting of his $1,000 bond, and has a court appearance on the matter scheduled for Thursday, August 15th.

Furthermore, WWE has issued a statement on the six-time tag team champions arrest, although as usual the company has chosen not to get involved, at
    least from a public standpoint.

Jonathan Fatu is responsible for his own personal actions.

This is the same statement WWE gave just under two weeks ago when Jeff
    Hardy was arrested and charged with public intoxication in Myrtle Beach.

The post Jimmy Uso Released from Jail, WWE Issues Statement on His Arrest appeared first on ProWrestling.com.

Matt Riddle Set For More EVOLVE Appearances

Posted: 25 Jul 2019 12:06 PM PDT https://www.prowrestling.com/matt-riddle-set-for-more-evolve-appearances/

EVOLVE has issued the following:

We turn our focus to the next set of EVOLVE events with match and talent announcements. Lets get to it..
    Matt Riddle To EVOLVE: August 2018 saw NXT Superstar, Former EVOLVE and WWN Champion Matt Riddle have his final matches for EVOLVE. His EVOLVE run
    ended in Chicago and Livonia. One year later, Riddle will return to as a special guest to EVOLVE 133 in Livonia, MI and EVOLVE 134 in Chicago, IL. WWE.com just announced Riddles opponents each night. Riddle will also
    be available for Meet & Greets on both nights. Tickets and info at WWNLive.com.

Talent Roster For EVOLVE In Midwest: EVOLVE officials are working out the cards for EVOLVE 133 and EVOLVE 134. There are rematches from the EVOLVE
    10th Anniversary Celebration on the WWE Network being discussed, but the
    new twist will see added stipulations. We will have match announcements
    next week. Signed for both nights are:

Meet & Greets With:

-Tommaso Ciampa
    -Matt Riddle
    -Arturo Ruas
    -members of the EVOLVE roster

Signed To Compete:

-EVOLVE Champion Austin Theory
    -EVOLVE Tag Team Champions AR Fox & Leon Ruff with Ayla & The Skulk
    -NXT Superstar Matt Riddle
    -NXT Superstar Arturo Ruas
    -NXT Superstar Babatunde
    -JD Drake
    -Anthony Henry
    -Josh Briggs
    -Curt Stallion
    -Anthony Greene with Brandi Lauren
    -Shotzi Blackheart
    -Joe Gacy & Sean Maluta of The Unwanted
    -Stephen Wolf
    -Adrian Alanis & Liam Grey of The Skulk
    -Brandon Taggart
    -Anthony Gutierrez
    -Plus more to be signed!!!

WWN Recruitment Camp Change: WWE Performance Center Coach Robby Brookside
    will replace Coach Jacko at the WWN Recruitment Camp on August 16th-18th in Port Richey, FL. This camp is already close to being sold out! In addition,
    the WWN Seminar/Tryout on August 25th in Chicago is also nearing a sellout.
    Go to the WWNLive.com Seminar/Tryout section for info and to fill out an application. This is for wrestlers, referees and managers who have
    completed a training course at a reputable school.

ACW To Hold Big Event: ACW Dont Trust Anybody (DTA)! is August 3rd in Port Richey, FL. The main event will have Damian Angel defending the ACW
    Heavyweight Title vs. Snoop Strikes. Go to the WWNLive.com Events section
    for the full card and more info.

You Can Work For EVOLVE & WWN: The New Promoter Initiative is looking for motivated individuals to help promote WWN events. We are particularly
    looking for people who can promote in the Logan Square Auditorium section
    of Chicago. Get paid and get your foot in the door! Go to the WWNLive.com
    New Promoter Initiative section for info.

10 Year Anniversary: Today is 10 years to the day of the Dragon Gate USA
    debut Open The Historic Gate event. This is the show that started
    everything that is going on today. This card led to the creation of EVOLVE,
    and eventually DGUSA morphed into EVOLVE. If it was not for the success of DGUSA Open The Historic Gate things would be a lot different today. You can watch the event anytime with your Club WWN subscription.

Conclusion: Thank you for your support! Well see you next week for lots
    more news!

The post Matt Riddle Set For More EVOLVE Appearances appeared first on ProWrestling.com.

Two Matches Announced for Next Weeks WWE NXT - Tyler Breeze Returns to
    Action!

Posted: 25 Jul 2019 09:00 AM PDT https://www.prowrestling.com/two-matches-announced-for-next-weeks-wwe-nxt-tyler-breeze-returns-to-action/

Next weeks episode of WWE NXT television is going to be a big one, as the Bruiserweight Pete Dunne returns to singles competition taking on an old
    rival in Roderick Strong. The two are set to challenge Velveteen Dream in a triple threat match for the NXT North American Championship in a little
    over two weeks at NXT Takeover: Toronto.

Also in action will be Tyler Breeze, who looks to rebound from his loss to Breeze at Takeover XXV and his subsequent loss weeks ago in a six-man tag
    team match alongside Dream and Matt Riddle. Prince Pretty will have his
    hands full however, as he takes on the behemoth from the Forgotten Sons,
    Jaxson Ryker.

The post Two Matches Announced for Next Weeks WWE NXT Tyler Breeze Returns
    to Action! appeared first on ProWrestling.com.

FREE MATCH: John Cena vs. Batista First Time Ever at WWE SummerSlam 08

Posted: 25 Jul 2019 08:30 AM PDT https://www.prowrestling.com/free-match-john-cena-vs-batista-first-time-ever-at-wwe-summerslam-08/

WWE has begun the build towards SummerSlam by releasing full matches from throughout the pay-per-views history completely free on their YouTube
    channel.

The latest addition to the playlist goes back more than a decade to the
    2008 SummerSlam pay-per-view, featuring the first time ever collision
    between John Cena and Batista. While both wrestlers were massive stars and multi-time world champions at this point, WWE had somehow succeeding in
    keeping them relatively separate for years going into this match.

SummerSlam Playlist

Kurt Angle vs. Rey Mysterio (SummerSlam ’02)
    The Miz vs. Dolph Ziggler (SummerSlam 14) 
    John Cena vs. AJ Styles (SummerSlam ’16)
    Lesnar vs. Joe vs. Reigns vs. Strowman (SummerSlam ’17)
    Kevin Owens vs. AJ Styles (SummerSlam ’17)
    Natalya vs. Naomi (SummerSlam ’17)

The post FREE MATCH: John Cena vs. Batista First Time Ever at WWE
    SummerSlam 08 appeared first on ProWrestling.com.

Jimmy Uso Arrested for DUI

Posted: 25 Jul 2019 08:00 AM PDT https://www.prowrestling.com/jimmy-uso-arrested-for-dui/

According to TMZ, WWE Superstar Jimmy Uso, real name Jonathan Fatu, was arrested early Thursday morning and charged with driving under the
    influence of alcohol.

The report indicates that Jimmy was pulled over by local law enforcement in Pensacola, FL after driving erratically and swerving left and right. He allegedly reeked of alcohol and refused to comply with the officers
    attempts to administer an on-scene DUI test.

Jimmy was booked at 3:04am and held on a $1,000 bond.

The timing is incredibly unfortunate for WWE, who just this week scripted a segment on Monday Night Raw featuring 16-time world champion and mega star
    John Cena joking with Jimmy and his twin brother Jey Uso about their
    previous mug shots and arrests.

Back in March, Jimmy was charged with obstructing justice and disorderly conduct, after his wife Trinity (WWEs Naomi) was pulled over going the
    wrong way down a one-way street. The tag team star was reportedly
    intoxicated and left the vehicle, attempting to square up to the police
    officer before the situation was resolved.

Jey Uso was also arrested on charged with a DUI in 2018.

The post Jimmy Uso Arrested for DUI appeared first on ProWrestling.com.

WWE Releases Official WWE SummerSlam Poster

Posted: 25 Jul 2019 06:54 AM PDT https://www.prowrestling.com/look-wwe-releases-official-wwe-summerslam-poster/

With WWE SummerSlam now right around the corner, the company has released
    its official poster for the show, with several WWE stars featured.

The poster features WWE Universal Champion Brock Lesnar, WWE Champion Kofi Kingston, RAW Womens Champion Becky Lynch, Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns.

Out of all those names, only Roman Reigns is currently not on the card, although WWE is likely planning something for the Big Dog.

The post WWE Releases Official WWE SummerSlam Poster appeared first on ProWrestling.com.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)