• [WR] This Close. The IIconics Came Close To A Career Making Feud.

From WrestlingRumors.net@21:1/5 to All on Mon Jul 8 11:28:23 2019
    WrestlingRumors.net

///////////////////////////////////////////
    This Close. The IIconics Came Close To A Career Making Feud.

Posted: 07 Jul 2019 10:29 PM PDT https://wrestlingrumors.net/tommyhall/close-iiconics-came-close-career-making-feud/

It would have been big. Over the last few months, few things in WWE have
    meant less than the Women’s Tag Team Titles. The IIconics won the titles
    at WrestleMania 35 and have only defended them a handful of times since in
    a series of matches that haven’t been the most memorable in the world. As
    it turns out though, what would have been their biggest match wound up
    never taking place.

During a recent episode of their podcast, the Bella Twins revealed that
    they were scheduled to come back to WWE and feud with the IIconics over the titles. The matches would have taken place over the course of the spring
    but Nikki Bella’s neck injury kept her from returning to the ring. There
    are currently no plans for either of the Bellas to get back in the ring.

The Bellas can be rather violent. Check out the two of them attacking
    Ronda Rousey:
    [This post contains video, click to play]

Opinion: I’m not the biggest Bella Twins fan in the world but if there was ever a layup for a feud, this is it. These four could have had some rather solid segments against each other and while the matches might not have been
    the greatest, the build to them would have been great. Maybe we can get
    this in the future, but for now I would settle for the IIconics actually defending the titles.

Would you want to see this match? How would you see it going? Let us know
    in the comments below.

Thomas Hall has been a wrestling fan for over thirty years and has seen
    over 50,000 wrestling matches. He has also been a wrestling reviewer since 2009 with over 5,000 full shows covered. You can find his work at kbwrestlingreviews.com, or check out his Amazon author page with 28
    wrestling books. His latest book is the History Of In Your House.

Get the latest and greatest in professional wrestling news by signing up
    for our daily email newsletter. Just look below for GET EXCLUSIVE UPDATES
    to sign up. We are proud to offer our popular Wrestling Rumors app and encourage you to download it for an optimized user experience. It is
    available for Android and also on iOS. Thank you for reading!

The post This Close. The IIconics Came Close To A Career Making Feud.
    appeared first on WrestlingRumors.net.

Lucky Him. The Miz Gets To Do Something Pretty Cool (Again).

Posted: 07 Jul 2019 10:25 PM PDT https://wrestlingrumors.net/tommyhall/lucky-miz-gets-something-pretty-cool/

It comes with the Miz territory. While WWE Superstars may not be the
    biggest mainstream celebrities in the world, they are certainly stars in
    their own right. This means they are going to be included in various
    celebrity appearances and several of these will involve some form of
    athletics. That is the case for one major WWE name and it isn’t even the first time he has done this.

As announced on WWE.com, the Miz will be taking part in the 2019 Major
    League Baseball All Star Weekend Celebrity Softball Game. This will be
    Miz’s second consecutive appearance in the game after he won the Most Valuable Player award last year. The game was played in Miz’s hometown of Cleveland on Sunday and will be airing on Monday night on ESPN as part of
    All Star Game week.

Miz looks ready to go. Check out some of his practice before the game:

Opinion: As a lifelong Cleveland Indians fan, it’s nice to see the city get some focus and attention around one of the most entertaining times of a baseball season. Miz certainly seems to have a good time with this sort of thing and that’s the right idea behind it. If nothing else, it’s certainly cool to see him win an award for what he did last year and I’m sure WWE didn’t mind it either.

Will you be watching the game? Will Miz win another MVP? Let us know in
    the comments below.

over 50,000 wrestling matches. He has also been a wrestling reviewer since 2009 with over 5,000 full shows covered. You can find his work at kbwrestlingreviews.com, or check out his Amazon author page with 28

to sign up. We are proud to offer our popular Wrestling Rumors app and encourage you to download it for an optimized user experience. It is

The post Lucky Him. The Miz Gets To Do Something Pretty Cool (Again).
    appeared first on WrestlingRumors.net.

Minor Ouch. A Top WWE Star Has Been Out Of Action Due To A Neck Injury.

Posted: 07 Jul 2019 09:47 PM PDT https://wrestlingrumors.net/tommyhall/minor-ouch-top-wwe-star-action-due-neck-injury/

That’s an explanation. With so many wrestlers on the WWE roster, there is only so much space to go around. You never know when you might need to see some names missing time and often you don’t even notice that they are gone until they show up again. That has been the case with several names today
    and one of the bigger names missing might be back soon.

According to Fightful.com, Randy Orton has been out of action for about the last month due to an unspecified neck injury. The injury initially took
    place in a match with Aleister Black at a June house show, though Orton is scheduled to return to action this weekend. The injury is not considered severe and he will not be missing any significant time. Orton’s last televised appearance was at Super ShowDown on June 7 when he defeated
    Triple H.

Orton has a lot of history with some big names. Check out the rather deep history with Triple H:

Opinion: It’s always a relief to hear about an injury not being severe.
    Orton missing a little bit of time isn’t going to make that big of a difference and there is a very good chance that he is the one to answer Black’s challenge at Extreme Rules. I’m not sure how much longer Orton is going to be around, but he is someone who could still put over a lot of
    people in the final years of his career.

What do you think of Orton’s recent feuds? Did you notice that he was
    gone? Let us know in the comments below.

The post Minor Ouch. A Top WWE Star Has Been Out Of Action Due To A Neck Injury. appeared first on WrestlingRumors.net.

(VIDEO): Welcome Back. Former WWE Star Returns To Impact Wrestling With A Bang.

Posted: 07 Jul 2019 09:42 PM PDT https://wrestlingrumors.net/tommyhall/video-welcome-back-former-wwe-star-returns-impact-wrestling-soon-previous-contract-expires/

Nice to see you….kind of. The wrestling world is in a state of flux like
    we have not seen in a good many years. With AEW hitting the scene, WWE
    finally has another company that has the money to fight against them.
    However, there are still other established companies out there and some wrestlers might want to head to some of those other places to see what they
    can do.

On Sunday at Slammiversary, Rhyno made his return to the company and
    attacked Michael Elgin after his match with Brian Cage. While he was
    wearing a mask, it was clearly Rhyno who hit a Gore and struck his
    signature pose. Rhyno was said to be leaving WWE on July 17, though it is possible that his contract expired earlier or his face being covered
    changed his ability to appear on the show.

I’m pretty sure I’ve seen him before. Check out the masked man appearing at Slammiversary:

Opinion: This isn’t the biggest signing in the world but it’s something that gives Impact a little boost. Rhyno has appeared for the company
    several times before and is a former World Champion. He might not be what
    he once was but Rhyno’s style is the kind that is going to work every time
    no matter what he does. This is a nice little idea and hopefully he can
    give the company some help.

Do you like the idea of Rhyno in Impact? What should he do there? Let us
    know in the comments below.

The post (VIDEO): Welcome Back. Former WWE Star Returns To Impact
    Wrestling With A Bang. appeared first on WrestlingRumors.net.

(WATCH) What If The Undertaker Had Went To WCW?

Posted: 07 Jul 2019 09:34 PM PDT https://wrestlingrumors.net/derekstoughton/watch-undertaker-went-wcw/

The question that has plagued wrestling fans for years. WWE has begun a new video series entitled WWE Reimagined, in which superstars will ponder an alternate reality, asking hypothetical questions and creating dream
    scenarios.

The debut episode asked the question: What if The Undertaker went to WCW?

You can see the episode in its entirety below:

It had been previously reported that WWE had been teasing a match between
    The Undertaker and Sting, which is discussed in the video.

The Icon of WCW himself makes an appearance in the production and states
    what his prediction of the match between himself and The Deadman is.

Several other superstars give their thoughts on what The Undertakers
    presence in WCW would be like, including Kevin Owens, Jeff Jarrett, Bruce Prichard, Natalya and others.

Editors Opinion:

If The Undertaker had jumped ship to WCW, it would have been the end of the then World Wrestling Federation. He would have had incredible matches with Goldberg, Hollywood Hogan, and of course, the legendary Sting. That is the
    one match that everyone would have wanted to see.

What do you think would have happened if The Undertaker jumped ship to WCW during the Monday Night Wars? Leave us a comment below, or post a comment
    on our Facebook page! Also, be sure to sign up for our newsletter and
    download our App from your favorite App Store!

Follow @Dericho06 !function(d,s,id){var js,fjs=d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0],p=/^http:/.test(d.location)?'http':'https';if(!d.getElementById(id)){js=d.createElement(s);js.id=id;js.src=p+'://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js';fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js,fjs);}}(document, 'script', 'twitter-wjs')
    ;

Follow @WrestleRumors

The post (WATCH) What If The Undertaker Had Went To WCW? appeared first on WrestlingRumors.net.

Slammiversary 2019 Preview, Predictions And Thoughts

Posted: 07 Jul 2019 12:56 PM PDT https://wrestlingrumors.net/tommyhall/slammiversary-2019-preview-predictions-thoughts/

I don’t remember the last time I was actually looking forward to an Impact pay per view this much. They’ve done a rather nice job of setting this show up and Slammiversary tends to be their best pay per view of the year. The
    card is rather strong up and down and there are a few matches that could
    steal the show given the chance. Hopefully they can live up to the hype so let’s get to it.
    Moose vs. Rob Van Dam

I’ve made my near disdain for bringing in Van Dam’s fellow ECW names rather well known at this point so I’ll leave them out in hopes that Impact does
    the same. This match could be a nice moment for Moose, who has always been flirting with the top of the card but never broken through to the next
    level. Beating Van Dam wouldn’t get him over the finish line permanently,
    but it would be a solid win for him.

Its a good old vs. new feud:

I’ll take Moose to win as Van Dam should only be there to put people over
    at this point. Van Dam’s best days are behind him but he’s still a popular name and someone who can give someone like Moose a nice rub. It’s also
    rather nice that Impact seems to be beyond the point where I have to worry about them putting the old guy over, which was a plague upon them for so
    long. Moose wins here, as he should.
    Knockouts Title: Taya Valkyrie(c) vs. Rosemary vs. Su Yung vs. Havok

This is under Monster’s Ball rules, which certainly fits given the insanity that this feud has been so far. There are all kinds of stories going on,
    but the major story stems from Rosemary looking to avenge Allie’s death, which is mainly due to Yung and James Mitchell. What matters here though is that the match is WIDE open and could go almost any given way.

This could go several ways:

I’ll go with Yung to win here, though it really could go multiple ways. She seems likely to sneak in and steal a pin, though I have very little
    confidence in it. That’s the sign of a well told story, as any of the four could win and it would make sense in any direction. This feud is going to continue and I’m ok with that, which isn’t something I would have believed just a few weeks ago. Not bad at all here and the match should be fun.
    Sami Callihan vs. Tessa Blanchard

I’m not sure what to make of this one. Blanchard has shown that she is more or less completely dominant over the Knockouts division so it’s understandable that she is facing men. At the same time, Callihan is as
    scummy of a heel as you can get….but his random sexism feels out of place
    and not like the kind of villain that he is likely to be. It’s not ridiculous, but it doesn’t feel quite right.

She could be a star in any division:

I really see no reason for Callihan to win here, as Blanchard is the kind
    of person who could be a top star in the company. With her look, talent and pedigree, she already has all the tools and there is no real reason to have
    her lose her first big non-Knockouts match. I’m not sure where things are going to go with Blanchard, but if they play their cards right, she could
    be a big deal.
    Eddie Edwards vs. Killer Kross

This is a First Blood match and a match that I haven’t been that interested in seeing. It’s fairly clear that Kross is taking Eli Drake’s spot in the feud and that’s as good of a move as they could have had. At least we’re likely to get a more violent match out of these two than Drake vs. Edwards would have been, which makes the First Blood stipulation make that much
    more sense.

They could get disturbing in a hurry:

I’ll go with Edwards winning here as it makes far more sense. Edwards has been built up for a little while now and needs a big win like this. With
    Kross already having contract issues with the company, I can’t imagine
    seeing the company giving him a win in such a major spot. Edwards wins,
    likely with the aide of Kenny II. Just let them go nuts and things will be
    as good as they could possibly be.
    Tag Team Titles: The North(c) vs. LAX vs. Rascalz

The titles actually changed hands at one of the online shows and we’re now
    in a three way for the titles. That makes me wonder if something is up with LAX, who might be leaving for more AEW style pastures. There is nothing
    left for them to do in Impact so moving on might be the best call. That
    leaves you with two options to leave for the titles and one has something
    going for them.

Meet the new champs:

I’m thinking the North retains here because they’re Canadian and Don Callis really likes wrestlers from that country. I’ve been a Rascalz fan since
    they debuted and would love to see them get the titles here, but something tells me that we need the North (what a great name) keep them for a little while longer. They’re not the worst idea in the world, but they’re far from the most interesting team around.
    X-Division Title: Rich Swann(c) vs. Johnny Impact

This is the match I want to see more than any other and it could be an
    instant classic. Swann has gone from just another X-Division Champion to looking like a borderline main event talent in the span of a few weeks.
    Impact is a main event talent though and I’m not sure if Swann is ready to make the leap all the way up to the top level in the company just yet.

This was an odd preview:

That’s why I’m going with Impact winning the title here, which is more than an acceptable choice to take. Swann can either come back and win the title again or move up to the World Title scene. After the last few weeks, he’s shown he’s capable of having up there so the move is the right call. Swann
    is talented and has potential, but Impact has already shown what he can do
    and is a fine choice to take the title from Swann in a great match.
    Impact Wrestling World Title: Brian Cage(c) vs. Michael Elgin

Now this could be all kinds of fun. This is going to be two monsters
    hitting each other really hard until one of them can’t get up. Cage has
    been out of action for months now with his back injury but he looked great
    in his brawl with Elgin a few weeks back. I’m not entirely sure which way this is going to go but it’s going to be a heck of a match until we get to the ending.

Hoss battles are fun:

With Cage winning the title at the last pay per view and not wrestling
    since, I’ll take him winning. That brings up the issue of who he is
    supposed to face next, but I can’t imagine them taking the title off of him in just his first defense. Elgin is a special kind of monster, but he’s
    going to be taking a loss to the new champ here, as he should be.
    Overall Thoughts

I’m really liking the sound of this show and given Impact’s track record with its pay per views, it might actually be a reasonable level of
    excitement for a change. Almost nothing on the card looks bad and we could
    be in for a heck of a show. The company has gotten a lot better in its
    buildup and with the right kind of performance on the show, it could be one
    of the best pay per views they’ve had in a long time.

over 50,000 wrestling matches. He has also been a wrestling reviewer since
    2009 with over 5,000 full shows covered. You can find his work at kbwrestlingreviews.com, or check out his Amazon author page with 28

The post Slammiversary 2019 Preview, Predictions And Thoughts appeared
    first on WrestlingRumors.net.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)