• Alabama's defense(college basketball) is really good......

From michael anderson@21:1/5 to All on Sat Mar 18 20:00:10 2023
    No dog in the fight here as I am not an alabama basketball fan, but
    they are really well coached(he clearly follows analytical principles) and very long and quick. This is a team that clearly has the potential to shut down any other team in the tourney(yes I know maryland is bad, but they are lucky to have 23)

Alabama also has the sec player of the year and #3 pick in the draft in a few months, and I get the sense they can still win the whole thing even if he doesn't play very big. they've got a bunch of other dudes and can win games in so many different ways
    with that talent....

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From unclejr@21:1/5 to Corky on Sun Mar 19 09:00:55 2023
    On Sunday, March 19, 2023 at 10:54:37 AM UTC-5, Corky wrote:
    On Saturday, March 18, 2023 at 10:00:12 PM UTC-5, michael anderson wrote:
    they are really well coached(he clearly follows analytical principles) and very long and quick. This is a team that clearly has the potential to shut down any other team in the tourney(yes I know maryland is bad, but they are lucky to have 23)

Alabama also has the sec player of the year and #3 pick in the draft in a few months, and I get the sense they can still win the whole thing even if he doesn't play very big. they've got a bunch of other dudes and can win games in so many different
    ways with that talent....
    How does one become a big Alabama fan but only in football?
    All the fans of schools I know are fans of the school and all the sports they participate in.
    You just seem like a bandwagoner.

"Seem"?

LOL

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Corky@21:1/5 to michael anderson on Sun Mar 19 08:54:35 2023

Alabama also has the sec player of the year and #3 pick in the draft in a few months, and I get the sense they can still win the whole thing even if he doesn't play very big. they've got a bunch of other dudes and can win games in so many different

All the fans of schools I know are fans of the school and all the sports they participate in.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Tim VanWagoner@21:1/5 to Corky on Sun Mar 19 09:12:04 2023

Are you new here?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From michael anderson@21:1/5 to Corky on Sun Mar 19 09:15:21 2023

A lot of alabama alumni who are also huge football fans just don't care about or follow bama basketball. It's
    VERY common. My ex for example who went there and is a big football fan has never watched a minute of a game and didn't
    even know they were in the tournament.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Michael Falkner@21:1/5 to Corky on Sun Mar 19 12:45:02 2023
    On Sunday, March 19, 2023 at 8:54:37 AM UTC-7, Corky wrote:

Before this year, I doubt many at Bama knew there was a men's basketball team.

An opportunist is more my take on him.

Mike

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From xyzzy@21:1/5 to Michael Falkner on Sun Mar 19 22:14:20 2023
    Michael Falkner <darkstar7646@gmail.com> wrote:

Last time I heard about Alabama basketball, Wimp Sanderson was their coach
    and he was getting booed at the 1990 NCAA tournament for successfully
    running a slowdown game against Loyola-Marymount which played crazy
    offensive basketball that usually yielded three digit scores for both
    teams. They often purposely gave up open shots so they could get back on offense faster. That was a crazy run.

Alabama still lost but they kept it closer than anyone else had to date.

--
    “I usually skip over your posts because of your disguistng, contrarian, liberal personality.” — Altie

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From JGibson@21:1/5 to xyzzy on Sun Mar 19 17:41:57 2023
    On Sunday, March 19, 2023 at 6:14:25 PM UTC-4, xyzzy wrote:
    Michael Falkner <darkst...@gmail.com> wrote:

Last time I heard about Alabama basketball, Wimp Sanderson was their coach and he was getting booed at the 1990 NCAA tournament for successfully running a slowdown game against Loyola-Marymount which played crazy offensive basketball that usually yielded three digit scores for both
    teams. They often purposely gave up open shots so they could get back on offense faster. That was a crazy run.

Alabama still lost but they kept it closer than anyone else had to date.

I actually saw them in person in Seattle in the '04 tournament. They were a #8 seed and upset #1 seed Stanford. #10 seed Nevada also knocked off #2 Gonzaga the same day in the same building.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Ken Olson@21:1/5 to unclejr on Tue Mar 21 19:29:29 2023
    On 3/19/2023 12:00 PM, unclejr wrote:
    On Saturday, March 18, 2023 at 10:00:12 PM UTC-5, michael anderson wrote: >>> No dog in the fight here as I am not an alabama basketball fan, but

"Seem"?

LOL

POTD
    --
    ÄLSKAR - Fänga Dagen

Слава Україні та НАТО

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05