• anyone want to rent an affordable house lol....

From michael anderson@21:1/5 to All on Thu Feb 16 16:11:26 2023
    because in 20some odd days I'll have some available lol.....barring something falling through.

And already hearing that one 'customer'(and I use that term loosely in this case from what I'm told) will have to be asked to leave once that day comes lol.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From GrtArtiste@21:1/5 to michael anderson on Fri Feb 17 12:31:15 2023
    On 2/16/2023 7:11 PM, michael anderson wrote:
    because in 20some odd days I'll have some available lol.....barring something falling through.

And already hearing that one 'customer'(and I use that term loosely in this case from what I'm told) will have to be asked to leave once that day comes lol.

Why does this not surprise me? This 'customer' prolly feels the same way
    about money that you do.

GrtArtiste

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From michael anderson@21:1/5 to GrtArtiste on Fri Feb 17 18:21:48 2023
    On Friday, February 17, 2023 at 11:31:17 AM UTC-6, GrtArtiste wrote:

Why does this not surprise me? This 'customer' prolly feels the same way about money that you do.

I doubt that- I generally believing in paying bills/debt and he apparently doesn't lol.....'T' is about to pay him a visit when the deal is completed lol.....

GrtArtiste

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From RoddyMcCorley@21:1/5 to michael anderson on Sun Feb 19 01:19:49 2023

Are you still dating that woman from about a year or so ago? I believe
    she was in the medical profession.
    --
    "In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In
    practice, there is." Ruben Goldberg

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From michael anderson@21:1/5 to RoddyMcCorley on Sun Feb 19 09:18:55 2023
    On Sunday, February 19, 2023 at 12:19:52 AM UTC-6, RoddyMcCorley wrote:

we hang out some....why?
    --

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From jimbrowndoc@yahoo.com@21:1/5 to michael anderson on Sun Feb 19 11:44:14 2023
    On Thursday, February 16, 2023 at 6:11:28 PM UTC-6, michael anderson wrote:

I predict you will regret this decision in a year or two. First, if you aren't going to manage them yourself you are giving away all the gravy. Second, after the meteoric rise we've seen in prices over the past few years combined with the doubling of
    interest rates, i would guess the housing market can't help but have a decline in the shorter term. There's a reason why this person selling wants to dump a group of houses.

Same goes for farmland. Its not here yet, but i'm guessing by the end of the year it'll be softening. Had my dream 160 sell last fall, right next to one of my farms, but I just couldn't pull the premium trigger at 70% higher price than what I paid for
    the neighboring farm just a few years ago. Plus it hasnt closed yet so interest rates couldn't have been locked in until now.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From michael anderson@21:1/5 to jimbr...@yahoo.com on Sun Feb 19 12:34:02 2023
    On Sunday, February 19, 2023 at 1:44:17 PM UTC-6, jimbr...@yahoo.com wrote:

I predict you will regret this decision in a year or two. First, if you aren't going to manage them yourself you are giving away all the gravy. Second, after the meteoric rise we've seen in prices over the past few years combined with the doubling of
    interest rates, i would guess the housing market can't help but have a decline in the shorter term. There's a reason why this person selling wants to dump a group of houses.

but you also have to consider that these are exclusively used as rental properties, and with rise in interest rates that is pushing some people out of the house buying market into the rental market, which
    drives up demand and thus prices/rents in those areas. Keep in mind that there is an interesting and not always 1:1 relationship between the rental market and housing market, depending on a number of
    factors.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From RoddyMcCorley@21:1/5 to michael anderson on Mon Feb 20 01:20:11 2023
    On 2/19/2023 12:18 PM, michael anderson wrote:

we hang out some....why?
    --

Just curious. Thought the two of you might stick together.
    --

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From michael anderson@21:1/5 to RoddyMcCorley on Tue Feb 21 07:14:26 2023
    On Monday, February 20, 2023 at 12:20:16 AM UTC-6, RoddyMcCorley wrote:
    On 2/19/2023 12:18 PM, michael anderson wrote:

we hang out some....why?
    --
    Just curious. Thought the two of you might stick together.

she was looking for a younger, better looking guy who makes more money, has a more fun personality, etc....it happens lol. but like I said we still hang out some.

--

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From jimbrowndoc@yahoo.com@21:1/5 to michael anderson on Thu Feb 23 12:43:58 2023
    On Sunday, February 19, 2023 at 2:34:04 PM UTC-6, michael anderson wrote:
    On Sunday, February 19, 2023 at 1:44:17 PM UTC-6, jimbr...@yahoo.com wrote:

but you also have to consider that these are exclusively used as rental properties, and with rise in interest rates that is pushing some people out of the house buying market into the rental market, which
    drives up demand and thus prices/rents in those areas. Keep in mind that there is an interesting and not always 1:1 relationship between the rental market and housing market, depending on a number of
    factors.

That's a good point. Rentals are hot. (though our experience is they almost price themselves out of the market with their extra fees like cleaning) Who are your rentals going to be affiliated with? Also makes a difference if you are paying mostly or
    all cash, but then keep in mind your opportunity costs.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05