• Harbaugh reportedly hit with Level I Violation accusation

From The NOTBCS Guy@21:1/5 to All on Fri Jan 6 18:29:09 2023
    A number of sources are reporting that Michigan was served with an NCAA "notice of allegations" concerning violations in the football program. While most of them are Level II (moderate) - mainly recruiting violations (probably some coach violating the
    COVID-19 dead period) and having one too many coaches at practices - the report says that Harbaugh was hit with a Level I (major), presumably for providing "misleading information" during the investigation.

Assuming these are true, expect some slap on the wrist penalties (the worst probably being loss of 2-3 scholarships for a year) for the Level IIs, and Harbaugh probably gets a multiple-year show-cause order (i.e. you need a VERY good reason to hire him)
    with a 3-game suspension attached.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Michael Falkner@21:1/5 to The NOTBCS Guy on Fri Jan 6 18:36:35 2023
    On Friday, January 6, 2023 at 6:29:12 PM UTC-8, The NOTBCS Guy wrote:
    A number of sources are reporting that Michigan was served with an NCAA "notice of allegations" concerning violations in the football program. While most of them are Level II (moderate) - mainly recruiting violations (probably some coach violating the
    COVID-19 dead period) and having one too many coaches at practices - the report says that Harbaugh was hit with a Level I (major), presumably for providing "misleading information" during the investigation.

Assuming these are true, expect some slap on the wrist penalties (the worst probably being loss of 2-3 scholarships for a year) for the Level IIs, and Harbaugh probably gets a multiple-year show-cause order (i.e. you need a VERY good reason to hire him)
    with a 3-game suspension attached.

He's already spoken to two NFL teams -- I fully expect Michigan to cut bait and he's back in the NFL.

Mike

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From RoddyMcCorley@21:1/5 to Michael Falkner on Sat Jan 7 00:58:41 2023
    On 1/6/2023 9:36 PM, Michael Falkner wrote:

Assuming these are true, expect some slap on the wrist penalties (the worst probably being loss of 2-3 scholarships for a year) for the Level IIs, and Harbaugh probably gets a multiple-year show-cause order (i.e. you need a VERY good reason to hire
    him) with a 3-game suspension attached.

He's already spoken to two NFL teams -- I fully expect Michigan to cut bait and he's back in the NFL.

Mike

Doubt it. He can sit out at least the first four games next year. All
    cupcakes at UM stadium.

--
    "In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In
    practice, there is." Ruben Goldberg

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From medical services@21:1/5 to All on Sat Jan 7 08:38:15 2023
    On 06 Jan 2023, RoddyMcCorley <Roddy.McCorley@verizon.net> posted some news:tpb1mh$3e4lf$1@dont-email.me:

On 1/6/2023 9:36 PM, Michael Falkner wrote:
    A number of sources are reporting that Michigan was served with an
    NCAA "notice of allegations" concerning violations in the football
    program. While most of them are Level II (moderate) - mainly
    recruiting violations (probably some coach violating the COVID-19
    dead period) and having one too many coaches at practices - the
    report says that Harbaugh was hit with a Level I (major), presumably
    for providing "misleading information" during the investigation.

Assuming these are true, expect some slap on the wrist penalties
    (the worst probably being loss of 2-3 scholarships for a year) for
    the Level IIs, and Harbaugh probably gets a multiple-year show-cause
    order (i.e. you need a VERY good reason to hire him) with a 3-game
    suspension attached.

He's already spoken to two NFL teams -- I fully expect Michigan to
    cut bait and he's back in the NFL.

Mike

Doubt it. He can sit out at least the first four games next year. All cupcakes at UM stadium.

Michigan wins it all next year, then Harbaugh bolts.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From The NOTBCS Guy@21:1/5 to All on Sat Jan 7 09:31:18 2023
    Doubt it. He can sit out at least the first four games next year. All cupcakes at UM stadium.

It may depend on how long this takes. I doubt the NCAA will come to a decision by September. Of course, if Harbaugh sees the writing on the wall, Michigan can self-impose a 3-game suspension and hope the NCAA agrees to it.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05