• I'm old enough to remember when rsfc conservatives loved to quote Jonah

From xyzzy@21:1/5 to All on Fri Aug 12 06:02:57 2022
    He hasn't been quoted much lately on rsfc, which seems like an oversight.

What an amazingly stupid time this is.

Here’s an easy thought experiment. Imagine a Third World banana republic. A populist leader recently ousted in an allegedly “rigged” election is waiting in the wings, plotting a return to power. The current ruler sends armed agents of the state to
    search the ousted ruler’s home in the hope of discrediting his once and possibly future opponent, presumably to prevent him from ever threatening his rule.

This, according to everyone from Donald Trump to large swaths of the GOP and its loyal commentariat, is what happened this week when the FBI searched Mar-a-Lago. “Such an assault could only take place in broken, Third-World countries,” Trump declared.
    “Sadly, America has now become one of those countries, corrupt at a level not seen before.” His son echoed the sentiment: “Biden’s out of control DOJ is ripping this country apart with how they're openly targeting their political enemies. This
    is what you see happen in 3rd World Banana Republics!!!”

Similar declarations are all over the place.

But let’s return to the thought experiment: What happens next? The ousted ruler and his representatives claim that this affront to his dignity is really an insult to all of his supporters. Like followers of Hugo Chavez or Manuel Ortega, they insist
    that only by returning their leader in internal exile to power can they avenge this travesty and purge the government of these enemies of the people.

That’s the argument raging like a religious awakening across much of the right this week. Once Trump announces he’s running for president, Mike Huckabee insists, “We need to rally around him and simply say, ‘He is the candidate.’ He will be re-
    elected. That’s because he’s the only candidate who’ll have the guts to take on this incredibly corrupt machine. We must put him back in and let him do this. I’m convinced at this point that this is the only hope for our nation, to get it back to
    the point where people can believe in it.”

This isn’t an argument against banana republic politics, it is banana republic politics. Let’s put aside any consideration of primaries or policy debates and simply anoint a strong man to redeem our nation, purge corruption, and punish our enemies.

I’ll put it plainly: If your “belief” in our country is so fragile and pathetic that you will lose “hope for our nation” unless Donald Trump is given free reign to cleanse the land of evildoers, then you don’t actually believe in this nation.
    If your love of country is contingent on your preferred faction being in power, you’ve confused partisanship for patriotism. Taken seriously, all of this banana republic talk is un-American.

I don’t mean it’s a wrong or flawed argument or simply an argument I don’t like—though it is all those things. I mean it is literally an un-American argument because it fundamentally betrays the whole idea of this country. And I’d say this if
    the claims were made about any politician. Indeed, I did. When Barack Obama’s boosters claimed he would fix our “broken souls” (in Michelle Obama’s words), I spared no effort in denouncing them. When Joe Biden sermonized about how “unity”—
    under his banner—was the answer to all our problems, I trotted out all my arguments against the “cult of unity,” which constantly threatens our constitutional system of separated powers and divided government.

Presidents are not redeemers, messiahs, incarnations of mystical aspirations, or righteous settlers of seething grievances. They’re not god-kings or the fathers of our American family. They’re politicians elected to do some specific things as the
    head of one branch of one level of government. They get that job for a limited and defined period of time, and afterward they’re simply citizens.

It’s a source of constant consternation and amazement for me that so many people either don’t understand this or simply pretend not to.

I don’t know for sure which politicians and pundits yammering about our “corrupt regime” are truly ignorant and which are merely duplicitous demagogues chumming the waters with bloody nonsense. But I do know it’s dangerous, because whether they
    believe it or not, they want millions of people to believe it.

Our regime.

But let’s talk about our “regime,” a term these people use with Vizzini-like confidence and error.

In 2004, a lot of angry Democrats loved the phrase “regime change starts at home.” The idea was that voting George W. Bush out of office would constitute “regime change”—a term popularized by both Bill Clinton and Bush with regard to our policy
    on Iraq.

The stupidity of this talking point—later picked up in the Obama years by conservatives—begins with the fact that elections are how our regime works. A regime, by definition, is a system of government, not an administration run by elected Democrats
    or Republicans. When serious people talk seriously about changing a regime, they’re talking about changing the system of government. Regime change in Iraq meant getting rid of a totalitarian, terroristic dictatorship, not simply replacing Saddam
    Hussein with a more pliable and cooperative tyrant.

America’s regime isn’t on any ballot. Symbolically, it is the ballot. More properly, it is the constitutional system that requires our leaders to be elected. But unlike in an actual banana republic or the Third World Marxist dictatorships Marco Rubio
    compares us to, electing a leader doesn’t change the regime. There are roughly 520,000 elected officials in this country. At the federal level there are 537 of them. The president is just one of them.

Like every other elected official, the president is subordinate to the Constitution, which is another way of saying he is not the regime, he’s a servant of the regime. None of those elected officials, including the president, is your boss (unless you’
    re on their payroll or serve in the military). Indeed, the president literally has no formal power to order any of those 536 other federal officeholders to do anything. He cannot make Congress—or even his vice president—do something they do not want
    to do because they, too, derive their authority from the Constitution and the people.

Even the people in the executive branch who do have to follow the president’s orders may not follow orders that are unlawful or unconstitutional. Because again, the ultimate political authority in our system is not vested in a person, but in a piece of
    parchment.

That’s our regime, and I love it regardless of who the president is.

Which brings us to the search at Mar-a-Lago. Like all the people bleating about the “Biden regime,” I have no idea if searching the former president’s home was a wise decision. But from every account I’ve read, it was a lawful decision. Dictators
    do not typically seek warrants from judges when they send police to search the homes of their political opponents. Heck, if the reporting is to be believed, the White House didn’t even know what had happened until after the deed was done.

Again, none of this means that the DOJ or the FBI didn’t make a terrible decision or otherwise screw up. We’ve seen plenty of evidence in recent years that they’re perfectly capable of both. But if J. Edgar Hoover’s stewardship of the FBI didn’
    t indict the legitimacy of the regime, I don’t see how this could, because government screws up all the time. That’s one of the reasons we have so many elections. James Madison’s whole vision was to use elections, at every level of government, as a
    regular and predictable cleansing tide to sweep away stagnant waters. In fact, if the DOJ actually had good reason to search Trump’s home, meeting all of the legal requirements of probable cause etc., we would have moved closer to a banana republic if
    they turned a blind eye. As Kevin Williamson writes:

If we really believe, as we say we believe, that this is a republic, that nobody is above the law, that the presidency is just a temporary executive-branch office rather than a quasi-royal entitlement, then there is nothing all that remarkable about the
    FBI serving a warrant on a house in Florida. I myself do not find it especially difficult to believe that there exists reasonable cause for such a warrant. And if the feds have got it wrong, that wouldn’t be the first time. Those so-called
    conservatives who are publicly fantasizing about an FBI purge under the next Republican administration are engaged in a particularly stupid form of irresponsibility.

By all means, vote Biden out of office. I don’t think he’s up to the job and I think most of his policies have been bad. Bring on the cleansing tide.

But what I can’t get my head around is the idea that the solution to our allegedly bananifying regime is to put that browning, mealy, giant banana back into power.

Let’s return—just one more time—to that thought experiment. What I left out is that the ousted ruler seeking to return to power whose home was searched had tried to steal the last election by spreading lies about its legitimacy and treating the
    Constitution like a dead letter. He declared victory despite being assured he lost by his own attorney general and campaign manager. He wanted the DOJ to simply declare the election corrupt so he could do the rest. He toyed with the idea of using the
    military to seize voting machines as some sort of pretextual theater. He railed at his Supreme Court appointees for their lack of personal loyalty when they failed to go along with his scheme. He wanted to appoint a deluded and pliable flunky as the head
    of the DOJ because he was willing to run wild with propaganda about the election being stolen. He invited a mob to the capitol to scare Congress into helping him steal the election and did nothing for hours when the rabble turned violent and even erected
    a gallows to hang his own vice president. He and his junta now talk about these criminals as if they are political prisoners unjustly persecuted by a corrupt regime.

If you’re worried about America looking like a banana republic, please don’t tell me that the first president in American history to defecate on the peaceful transfer of power is the antidote to the rot of Third World corruption of our regime. He is
    the rot.

Seriously, what the hell is wrong with you people?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Michael Falkner@21:1/5 to xyzzy on Fri Aug 12 11:04:32 2022
    On Friday, August 12, 2022 at 6:02:59 AM UTC-7, xyzzy wrote:

Seriously, what the hell is wrong with you people?

I had a much longer, and I thought well thought-out, answer to this post - and may attempt to reconstitute it tonight.

Since the air conditioning, etc., is overloading the circuits in this building, I got zotted.

So, I'm going to have to answer thusly:

What is wrong with these people is the concept of one man's terrorist being another's freedom fighter.

They had January 6th if they had the balls to shoot -- and not turn the entire event into a social-media photo op.

They NEED the Second American Civil War, they NEED to kill us (as they say they _want_ to), and nothing in the current Constitutional system will change that -- because they are anti-Constitutional, anti-human rights, etc. ...

And so is their interpretation (and the probable TRUTH) of the Originalist doctrine of "what the Fathers intended.

They're not getting the 67 Senate votes to remove -- and the concept of actually just simply nullifying consent (as I said before) took a serious hit when the Pennsylvania Supreme Court revalidated the 2019 election rules under which the 2020 election
    was held in the state.

People laugh when I say it, but it is true: For them to survive and thrive, people like me must be killed.

For the safety of their wives and daughters (or is that baby machines and sammich machines who have the right to be raped by Mr. Touchdown USA, Mr. CEO, and no one else?)...

For the safety of THEIR cities (if they exist at all in the future doctrine)...

And for THEIR lives, fortunes, and sacred honors...

So my question, as said before: Since the conditions appear to be met, WHAT THE FUCK ARE THEY WAITING FOR?

Mike

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From JGibson@21:1/5 to xyzzy on Fri Aug 12 11:45:42 2022
    On Friday, August 12, 2022 at 9:02:59 AM UTC-4, xyzzy wrote:

Sign that the newsgroup is dwindling. What conservatives are even here that might have brought up a Goldberg article before? Enright, Con Reeder, and Wonko?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From TE@21:1/5 to JGibson on Fri Aug 12 12:22:22 2022
    On Friday, August 12, 2022 at 2:45:44 PM UTC-4, JGibson wrote:

Sign that the newsgroup is dwindling. What conservatives are even here that might have brought up a Goldberg article before? Enright, Con Reeder, and Wonko?

...and the libs would quote Glen Greenwald, so I guess that makes him right all the time....<yawn>

-TE

"The definition of an extreme authoritarian is one who is willing blindly to assume that government
    accusations are true without any evidence presented or opportunity to contest those accusations."
    -Glenn Greenwald

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From xyzzy@21:1/5 to randorwell@gmail.com on Fri Aug 12 19:46:55 2022
    TE <randorwell@gmail.com> wrote:
    On Friday, August 12, 2022 at 2:45:44 PM UTC-4, JGibson wrote:

Sign that the newsgroup is dwindling. What conservatives are even here
    that might have brought up a Goldberg article before? Enright, Con Reeder, and Wonko?

...and the libs would quote Glen Greenwald, so I guess that makes him
    right all the time....<yawn>

-TE

"The definition of an extreme authoritarian is one who is willing blindly
    to assume that government
    accusations are true without any evidence presented or opportunity to
    contest those accusations."
    -Glenn Greenwald

WTF are you talking about? I just did a search of this newsgroup on Google (admittedly not always perfect but the best we have) and the only people quoting Greenwald are conservatives.

Maybe he “used to be liberal” but if so then when he was we weren’t quoting
    him the way you guys used to always drop Jonah Goldberg columns like they
    were received wisdom.

--
    “I usually skip over your posts because of your disguistng, contrarian, liberal personality.” — Altie

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Michael Falkner@21:1/5 to All on Fri Aug 12 20:40:37 2022

The first thing you have to remember with this thought experiment:

They scoff us for not knowing "male" and "female", when, for the first almost 100 years of our country above-table and another 100 of it below-table, they have dispute of us not only as to "human" and "not human", but "sent by God" and otherwise!

We cannot agree on the most trivial of points with these animals.

Here’s an easy thought experiment. Imagine a Third World banana republic. A populist leader recently ousted in an allegedly “rigged” election is waiting in the wings, plotting a return to power. The current ruler sends armed agents of the state
    to search the ousted ruler’s home in the hope of discrediting his once and possibly future opponent, presumably to prevent him from ever threatening his rule.

This is where the concept of "One man's terrorist is another's freedom fighter" comes into play.

It's not an insurrection if the election was, in fact, rigged or stolen. The problem is, only one side believes this -- and I believe much of the belief stands from the ability to vote of sammich/baby machines under the 19th Amendment, farm equipment
    under the 14th, and... ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww under the 14th, etc.

These White Righters believe they are the only beings sent from God, and everything else is instrument to them, from women as a rib from Holy God Man Adam to the savages and animals and farm equipment, and when can they use God to kill all the "others"
    masquerading as human (as far as they are concerned)?

In short, the entire concept of this country is completely failed to them, at this point, and they want restored the Constitution of Manifest Destiny -- kill everyone in the way, and only White Men Landowners have a voice.

This, according to everyone from Donald Trump to large swaths of the GOP and its loyal commentariat, is what happened this week when the FBI searched Mar-a-Lago. “Such an assault could only take place in broken, Third-World countries,” Trump
    declared. “Sadly, America has now become one of those countries, corrupt at a level not seen before.” His son echoed the sentiment: “Biden’s out of control DOJ is ripping this country apart with how they're openly targeting their political
    enemies. This is what you see happen in 3rd World Banana Republics!!!”

The fact is, that we are allowed to vote... Hell, allowed to BREATHE makes us a Third-World Banana Republic.

And someone might wanna remind these twits that success on their part probably reduces America to a vassal state of Russia. Tout suite.

But let’s return to the thought experiment: What happens next? The ousted ruler and his representatives claim that this affront to his dignity is really an insult to all of his supporters. Like followers of Hugo Chavez or Manuel Ortega, they insist
    that only by returning their leader in internal exile to power can they avenge this travesty and purge the government of these enemies of the people.

It pretty much is.

The problem is, the next situation is even more of an insult. We now know they had inside help and probably the covert sanction of the current (outgoing?) President. We know they invaded the Capitol grounds to break in for the first group to do so
    since the WAR OF 1812!

And what comes of it?

A fucking social-media event.

If they are even remotely serious about the situation, THEY. FUCKING. OPEN. FIRE.

On anyone and anything else that moves. They take the Capitol, they take DC, and then we find out whose side the military really IS on.

And to use the reality-show model: They don't want a President.

They want the order to open fire.

They want the host of the next and ULTIMATE reality show: The Purge.

That’s the argument raging like a religious awakening across much of the right this week. Once Trump announces he’s running for president, Mike Huckabee insists, “We need to rally around him and simply say, ‘He is the candidate.’ He will be
    re-elected. That’s because he’s the only candidate who’ll have the guts to take on this incredibly corrupt machine. We must put him back in and let him do this. I’m convinced at this point that this is the only hope for our nation, to get it back
    to the point where people can believe in it.”

The only way you're doing that is to gut the American cities and kill tens of millions.

Seriously.

I'd put the starting bid, at this point, at the leftward-most 100 million NOW and another 100 million over the next 20 or so years, to be replaced with those White babies the abortion bans will ensure take birth.

(That's not a number I pull out of my ass either. Libertarian economist blogger Karl Denninger believes the entire last 40 years of "growth" has been hopelessly leveraged and that it all must come out for the country to regain economic mathematical
    balance. Forgetting, of course, the 100 million the population has increased in that time. That is not to say the youngest 100 million would have to go -- but, in the eyes of the White Right, it'd have to be the leftward 100 million.)

And the other question you need to ask: WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU FUCKS WAITING FOR?

Any metric of government tyranny which would trigger in the two-brain-cell White Right brain "In the course of human events..." HAS BEEN ACHIEVED. You've lost AT LEAST four years to a tyrannical [sic] government which actually recognizes human beings
    and human rights you don't even believe God gave the animals, savages, and ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww...

So I respect that guy from Ohio. I actually do. He actually did lay down his life because the situation had gone beyond critical mass -- and he did exactly what he believes the Constitution gave him the right to.

So the question remains: Are we the terrorists, or are you, Republican voters and supporters?

This isn’t an argument against banana republic politics, it is banana republic politics. Let’s put aside any consideration of primaries or policy debates and simply anoint a strong man to redeem our nation, purge corruption, and punish our enemies.

But that's what they want. They are DONE with us voting.

As I've said repeatedly and been laughed at: They are done feeding us, housing us, seeing us, tolerating our lives.

DONE.

I’ll put it plainly: If your “belief” in our country is so fragile and pathetic that you will lose “hope for our nation” unless Donald Trump is given free reign to cleanse the land of evildoers, then you don’t actually believe in this
    nation. If your love of country is contingent on your preferred faction being in power, you’ve confused partisanship for patriotism. Taken seriously, all of this banana republic talk is un-American.

They don't believe in THIS nation.

They believe this nation is Satan-spawn from the loss of the Civil War and the imposition of rights AGAINST the White Cis-Male Landowner in the 14th Amendment in 1868.

They believe THIS nation is dead. And they now will want to kill it and resurrect it in their eliminative image.

In short, from "The Purge": "God bless our New Founding Fathers and America, a nation reborn."

We ARE the evildoers to them -- and I'm more than tempted to show them just what evil can do if that's all they see us as!

I don’t mean it’s a wrong or flawed argument or simply an argument I don’t like—though it is all those things. I mean it is literally an un-American argument because it fundamentally betrays the whole idea of this country. And I’d say this if
    the claims were made about any politician. Indeed, I did. When Barack Obama’s boosters claimed he would fix our “broken souls” (in Michelle Obama’s words), I spared no effort in denouncing them. When Joe Biden sermonized about how “unity”—
    under his banner—was the answer to all our problems, I trotted out all my arguments against the “cult of unity,” which constantly threatens our constitutional system of separated powers and divided government.

"Unity" is the last thing they want. Because, to be unified with us would be indicative that we are human, important, and have value -- and that's three things Proud Boy America does NOT believe in.

The problem is, that level of disunity blows it all up, because it reduces us to basically hunting each other down and eliminating each other because we are in the way -- not unlike the style of the Manifest Destiny hunting down the Indians like they
    were meat for food.

This is another reason I say to shoot or shut up -- we cannot co-exist. We will not co-exist, and it is rapidly getting to the point if there was enough room for both of us, there isn't much else "enough" left for the both of us, as the current economic
    situation is showing.

Presidents are not redeemers, messiahs, incarnations of mystical aspirations, or righteous settlers of seething grievances. They’re not god-kings or the fathers of our American family. They’re politicians elected to do some specific things as the
    head of one branch of one level of government. They get that job for a limited and defined period of time, and afterward they’re simply citizens.

And that's the problem: They no longer want a President.

They want a God-King, sent from God to purge this land of the "others" so that only the White Men can enjoy it and the baby machines and farm equipment are under them!

It’s a source of constant consternation and amazement for me that so many people either don’t understand this or simply pretend not to.

I think they understand, at least as much as 90-95 IQ can. It has already been shown that the stupid tend to gravitate to Fox News, etc.

I don’t know for sure which politicians and pundits yammering about our “corrupt regime” are truly ignorant and which are merely duplicitous demagogues chumming the waters with bloody nonsense. But I do know it’s dangerous, because whether they
    believe it or not, they want millions of people to believe it.

And, frankly, I believe millions do. It is one of the reasons I believe we have lost to the coronavirus, already lost 5 or more million to the virus, and can't have that said because some people would cheer that level of death and destruction, while the
    rest would probably riot, knowing the number could be much, much higher.

Our regime.

Remember what Rush Limpballs started saying about America the day Clinton took office: "America Held Hostage".

Since then, a Black man has held the office and now even worse...

But let’s talk about our “regime,” a term these people use with Vizzini-like confidence and error.

In 2004, a lot of angry Democrats loved the phrase “regime change starts at home.” The idea was that voting George W. Bush out of office would constitute “regime change”—a term popularized by both Bill Clinton and Bush with regard to our
    policy on Iraq.

Remember, also, that many of us also viewed Dick Cheney and his Project For a New American Century (PNAC) as a probable cause for that America had a role in the 9/11 terrorist attacks.

The stupidity of this talking point—later picked up in the Obama years by conservatives—begins with the fact that elections are how our regime works. A regime, by definition, is a system of government, not an administration run by elected Democrats
    or Republicans. When serious people talk seriously about changing a regime, they’re talking about changing the system of government. Regime change in Iraq meant getting rid of a totalitarian, terroristic dictatorship, not simply replacing Saddam
    Hussein with a more pliable and cooperative tyrant.

The problem is, as you probably well know, Saddam was our man before he was of no further use to us. And then remember this...

America’s regime isn’t on any ballot. Symbolically, it is the ballot. More properly, it is the constitutional system that requires our leaders to be elected. But unlike in an actual banana republic or the Third World Marxist dictatorships Marco
    Rubio compares us to, electing a leader doesn’t change the regime. There are roughly 520,000 elected officials in this country. At the federal level there are 537 of them. The president is just one of them.

Part of the problem is that the removal of much (most?) of the elected officials and even more of the voters is part of the point. The fact that baby/sammich machines/sex toys and farm equipment and the useless eaters and the... ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.
    .. are allowed to vote (and, in many cases, breathe life at all!!!) means that the ballot, at it's most fundamental level, is, in fact, similarly flawed!

Remember: This time Trump wants to loyalty test his serfs in the government if he reattains power.

Like every other elected official, the president is subordinate to the Constitution, which is another way of saying he is not the regime, he’s a servant of the regime. None of those elected officials, including the president, is your boss (unless you
    re on their payroll or serve in the military). Indeed, the president literally has no formal power to order any of those 536 other federal officeholders to do anything. He cannot make Congress—or even his vice president—do something they do not
    want to do because they, too, derive their authority from the Constitution and the people.

And that's the problem on a number of levels.

Trump really does believe in The Apprentice, and believes the country should be run as if it were a corporation. Hence, he is The Boss, as it were.

The second problem is the Republican mantra of the Constitution (especially 13th Amendment onward) as a "goddamned piece of paper", so they don't even believe in that subordinance, and have now manipulated that they probably will have the final
    Constitutional word on law for the next 20, if not more, years.

They believe in neither the Constitution nor the people, especially those they don't even consider human (see above).

Even the people in the executive branch who do have to follow the president’s orders may not follow orders that are unlawful or unconstitutional. Because again, the ultimate political authority in our system is not vested in a person, but in a piece
    of parchment.

A "goddamned piece of paper" most of them don't believe in in the first place -- especially, as I just said, Amendment 13 and forward.

And the other problem with that is the concept of too many people are able to ENFORCE "I AM THE LAW!" and, therefore, even if the order is unlawful or unconstitutional, a lot of good that does you if you get locked up, lose your job and perhaps your
    family for disobeying it.

They don't. And it's a lot more than just FJB. It's the fact of the people who are allowed to exist because "that goddamned piece of paper" hasn't gotten around yet to allow for their extermination. Look for Trump to change that, starting with the low-
    hanging fruit, if he retakes power.

Which brings us to the search at Mar-a-Lago. Like all the people bleating about the “Biden regime,” I have no idea if searching the former president’s home was a wise decision. But from every account I’ve read, it was a lawful decision.
    Dictators do not typically seek warrants from judges when they send police to search the homes of their political opponents. Heck, if the reporting is to be believed, the White House didn’t even know what had happened until after the deed was done.

What it IS, though, is that the one thing you can say the Right tells the truth about it is simple: We've crossed the Rubicon, and, especially with the rhetoric being put forward, going back may well be nigh impossible. I related that I don't think
    there's an option left which does not lead us down a nasty road. He either reascends as effective God-King, or has done so much, he's put to death and the entire system loses enough face and faith, it probably goes with him.

Again, none of this means that the DOJ or the FBI didn’t make a terrible decision or otherwise screw up. We’ve seen plenty of evidence in recent years that they’re perfectly capable of both. But if J. Edgar Hoover’s stewardship of the FBI didn
    t indict the legitimacy of the regime, I don’t see how this could, because government screws up all the time. That’s one of the reasons we have so many elections. James Madison’s whole vision was to use elections, at every level of government, as
    a regular and predictable cleansing tide to sweep away stagnant waters. In fact, if the DOJ actually had good reason to search Trump’s home, meeting all of the legal requirements of probable cause etc., we would have moved closer to a banana republic
    if they turned a blind eye. As Kevin Williamson writes:

One major reason: The 30-40% of this country literally waiting with baited breath for one man to give one order: Open fire.

If the DoJ or FBI screws this up, you can bet that someone named Trump will be calling for the storming of every FBI office in the nation.

And another thing: These people, especially the White Men, want this to be THE LAST CLEANSING by the ballot box, with the next being the cartridge box.

When Hoover screwed up, he didn't have millions of White Men wanting to kill others and posting their gun porn on the Internet and claiming they wanted to do shit -- while the rest of us are still waiting and want to take their "Proud Boy" tattoos and
    photoshop "Pussy" where they are.

If we really believe, as we say we believe, that this is a republic, that nobody is above the law, that the presidency is just a temporary executive-branch office rather than a quasi-royal entitlement, then there is nothing all that remarkable about
    the FBI serving a warrant on a house in Florida. I myself do not find it especially difficult to believe that there exists reasonable cause for such a warrant. And if the feds have got it wrong, that wouldn’t be the first time. Those so-called
    conservatives who are publicly fantasizing about an FBI purge under the next Republican administration are engaged in a particularly stupid form of irresponsibility.

And you just basically made the false premise. (Not that I slam you for doing so -- these people believe Trump was anointed by God to kill the useless, the LGBTQ's, and anyone else "in the way".)

In short, if he succeeds, a second Manifest Destiny to retake the country (with lethal force in places like California, Washington, Oregon, Chicago, Baltimore especially -- and more!) from sea to shining sea.

By all means, vote Biden out of office. I don’t think he’s up to the job and I think most of his policies have been bad. Bring on the cleansing tide.

I don't think you can afford the alternative unless you want the "others" dead.

As for me, I felt it's either vote Trump out (regardless of the opponent), take the five years in prison for threatening his life in a second term, or go violent and die as a result, Schiffer-style.

I never felt Biden would last six months in the office of President -- but one examination of the current legislative impossibility a Presidential resignation would create (in short, no Vice President would be seated unless the Dems win the Senate
    outright) indicates why we haven't had President Kamala Harris for the last 12 months.

(And bring on the Rightie tears at THAT result!)

But what I can’t get my head around is the idea that the solution to our allegedly bananifying regime is to put that browning, mealy, giant banana back into power.

Two words, kid: Open fire. All he has to do is give the order, and your question will be answered in inglorious detail.

Let’s return—just one more time—to that thought experiment. What I left out is that the ousted ruler seeking to return to power whose home was searched had tried to steal the last election by spreading lies about its legitimacy and treating the
    Constitution like a dead letter. He declared victory despite being assured he lost by his own attorney general and campaign manager. He wanted the DOJ to simply declare the election corrupt so he could do the rest. He toyed with the idea of using the
    military to seize voting machines as some sort of pretextual theater. He railed at his Supreme Court appointees for their lack of personal loyalty when they failed to go along with his scheme. He wanted to appoint a deluded and pliable flunky as the head
    of the DOJ because he was willing to run wild with propaganda about the election being stolen. He invited a mob to the capitol to scare Congress into helping him steal the election and did nothing for hours when the rabble turned violent and even erected
    a gallows to hang his own vice president. He and his junta now talk about these criminals as if they are political prisoners unjustly persecuted by a corrupt regime.

One man's terrorist is another's freedom fighter.

If you’re worried about America looking like a banana republic, please don’t tell me that the first president in American history to defecate on the peaceful transfer of power is the antidote to the rot of Third World corruption of our regime. He
    is the rot.

Not quite. I think their antidote is the blood of 100 million godless, useless, unAmerican types.

Mike

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From unclejr@21:1/5 to Michael Falkner on Fri Aug 12 21:01:40 2022
    On Friday, August 12, 2022 at 10:40:39 PM UTC-5, Michael Falkner wrote:
    The first thing you have to remember with this thought experiment:

They scoff us for not knowing "male" and "female", when, for the first almost 100 years of our country above-table and another 100 of it below-table, they have dispute of us not only as to "human" and "not human", but "sent by God" and otherwise!

We cannot agree on the most trivial of points with these animals.
    Here’s an easy thought experiment. Imagine a Third World banana republic. A populist leader recently ousted in an allegedly “rigged” election is waiting in the wings, plotting a return to power. The current ruler sends armed agents of the state
    to search the ousted ruler’s home in the hope of discrediting his once and possibly future opponent, presumably to prevent him from ever threatening his rule.
    This is where the concept of "One man's terrorist is another's freedom fighter" comes into play.

It's not an insurrection if the election was, in fact, rigged or stolen. The problem is, only one side believes this -- and I believe much of the belief stands from the ability to vote of sammich/baby machines under the 19th Amendment, farm equipment
    under the 14th, and... ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww under the 14th, etc.

These White Righters believe they are the only beings sent from God, and everything else is instrument to them, from women as a rib from Holy God Man Adam to the savages and animals and farm equipment, and when can they use God to kill all the "others"
    masquerading as human (as far as they are concerned)?

In short, the entire concept of this country is completely failed to them, at this point, and they want restored the Constitution of Manifest Destiny -- kill everyone in the way, and only White Men Landowners have a voice.
    This, according to everyone from Donald Trump to large swaths of the GOP and its loyal commentariat, is what happened this week when the FBI searched Mar-a-Lago. “Such an assault could only take place in broken, Third-World countries,” Trump
    declared. “Sadly, America has now become one of those countries, corrupt at a level not seen before.” His son echoed the sentiment: “Biden’s out of control DOJ is ripping this country apart with how they're openly targeting their political
    enemies. This is what you see happen in 3rd World Banana Republics!!!”
    The fact is, that we are allowed to vote... Hell, allowed to BREATHE makes us a Third-World Banana Republic.

And someone might wanna remind these twits that success on their part probably reduces America to a vassal state of Russia. Tout suite.
    It pretty much is.

The problem is, the next situation is even more of an insult. We now know they had inside help and probably the covert sanction of the current (outgoing?) President. We know they invaded the Capitol grounds to break in for the first group to do so
    since the WAR OF 1812!

And what comes of it?

A fucking social-media event.

If they are even remotely serious about the situation, THEY. FUCKING. OPEN. FIRE.

On anyone and anything else that moves. They take the Capitol, they take DC, and then we find out whose side the military really IS on.

And to use the reality-show model: They don't want a President.

They want the order to open fire.

They want the host of the next and ULTIMATE reality show: The Purge.
    That’s the argument raging like a religious awakening across much of the right this week. Once Trump announces he’s running for president, Mike Huckabee insists, “We need to rally around him and simply say, ‘He is the candidate.’ He will be
    re-elected. That’s because he’s the only candidate who’ll have the guts to take on this incredibly corrupt machine. We must put him back in and let him do this. I’m convinced at this point that this is the only hope for our nation, to get it back
    to the point where people can believe in it.”
    The only way you're doing that is to gut the American cities and kill tens of millions.

Seriously.

I'd put the starting bid, at this point, at the leftward-most 100 million NOW and another 100 million over the next 20 or so years, to be replaced with those White babies the abortion bans will ensure take birth.

(That's not a number I pull out of my ass either. Libertarian economist blogger Karl Denninger believes the entire last 40 years of "growth" has been hopelessly leveraged and that it all must come out for the country to regain economic mathematical
    balance. Forgetting, of course, the 100 million the population has increased in that time. That is not to say the youngest 100 million would have to go -- but, in the eyes of the White Right, it'd have to be the leftward 100 million.)

And the other question you need to ask: WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU FUCKS WAITING FOR?

Any metric of government tyranny which would trigger in the two-brain-cell White Right brain "In the course of human events..." HAS BEEN ACHIEVED. You've lost AT LEAST four years to a tyrannical [sic] government which actually recognizes human beings
    and human rights you don't even believe God gave the animals, savages, and ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww...

So I respect that guy from Ohio. I actually do. He actually did lay down his life because the situation had gone beyond critical mass -- and he did exactly what he believes the Constitution gave him the right to.

So the question remains: Are we the terrorists, or are you, Republican voters and supporters?
    This isn’t an argument against banana republic politics, it is banana republic politics. Let’s put aside any consideration of primaries or policy debates and simply anoint a strong man to redeem our nation, purge corruption, and punish our
    enemies.
    But that's what they want. They are DONE with us voting.

As I've said repeatedly and been laughed at: They are done feeding us, housing us, seeing us, tolerating our lives.

DONE.
    I’ll put it plainly: If your “belief” in our country is so fragile and pathetic that you will lose “hope for our nation” unless Donald Trump is given free reign to cleanse the land of evildoers, then you don’t actually believe in this
    nation. If your love of country is contingent on your preferred faction being in power, you’ve confused partisanship for patriotism. Taken seriously, all of this banana republic talk is un-American.
    They don't believe in THIS nation.

They believe this nation is Satan-spawn from the loss of the Civil War and the imposition of rights AGAINST the White Cis-Male Landowner in the 14th Amendment in 1868.

They believe THIS nation is dead. And they now will want to kill it and resurrect it in their eliminative image.

In short, from "The Purge": "God bless our New Founding Fathers and America, a nation reborn."

We ARE the evildoers to them -- and I'm more than tempted to show them just what evil can do if that's all they see us as!
    I don’t mean it’s a wrong or flawed argument or simply an argument I don’t like—though it is all those things. I mean it is literally an un-American argument because it fundamentally betrays the whole idea of this country. And I’d say this
    if the claims were made about any politician. Indeed, I did. When Barack Obama’s boosters claimed he would fix our “broken souls” (in Michelle Obama’s words), I spared no effort in denouncing them. When Joe Biden sermonized about how “unity”
    "Unity" is the last thing they want. Because, to be unified with us would be indicative that we are human, important, and have value -- and that's three things Proud Boy America does NOT believe in.

The problem is, that level of disunity blows it all up, because it reduces us to basically hunting each other down and eliminating each other because we are in the way -- not unlike the style of the Manifest Destiny hunting down the Indians like they
    were meat for food.

This is another reason I say to shoot or shut up -- we cannot co-exist. We will not co-exist, and it is rapidly getting to the point if there was enough room for both of us, there isn't much else "enough" left for the both of us, as the current
    economic situation is showing.
    And that's the problem: They no longer want a President.

They want a God-King, sent from God to purge this land of the "others" so that only the White Men can enjoy it and the baby machines and farm equipment are under them!
    I think they understand, at least as much as 90-95 IQ can. It has already been shown that the stupid tend to gravitate to Fox News, etc.
    I don’t know for sure which politicians and pundits yammering about our “corrupt regime” are truly ignorant and which are merely duplicitous demagogues chumming the waters with bloody nonsense. But I do know it’s dangerous, because whether
    they believe it or not, they want millions of people to believe it.
    And, frankly, I believe millions do. It is one of the reasons I believe we have lost to the coronavirus, already lost 5 or more million to the virus, and can't have that said because some people would cheer that level of death and destruction, while
    the rest would probably riot, knowing the number could be much, much higher.

Our regime.

Remember what Rush Limpballs started saying about America the day Clinton took office: "America Held Hostage".

Since then, a Black man has held the office and now even worse...

In 2004, a lot of angry Democrats loved the phrase “regime change starts at home.” The idea was that voting George W. Bush out of office would constitute “regime change”—a term popularized by both Bill Clinton and Bush with regard to our
    policy on Iraq.
    Remember, also, that many of us also viewed Dick Cheney and his Project For a New American Century (PNAC) as a probable cause for that America had a role in the 9/11 terrorist attacks.
    The stupidity of this talking point—later picked up in the Obama years by conservatives—begins with the fact that elections are how our regime works. A regime, by definition, is a system of government, not an administration run by elected
    Democrats or Republicans. When serious people talk seriously about changing a regime, they’re talking about changing the system of government. Regime change in Iraq meant getting rid of a totalitarian, terroristic dictatorship, not simply replacing
    Saddam Hussein with a more pliable and cooperative tyrant.
    The problem is, as you probably well know, Saddam was our man before he was of no further use to us. And then remember this...
    America’s regime isn’t on any ballot. Symbolically, it is the ballot. More properly, it is the constitutional system that requires our leaders to be elected. But unlike in an actual banana republic or the Third World Marxist dictatorships Marco
    Rubio compares us to, electing a leader doesn’t change the regime. There are roughly 520,000 elected officials in this country. At the federal level there are 537 of them. The president is just one of them.
    Part of the problem is that the removal of much (most?) of the elected officials and even more of the voters is part of the point. The fact that baby/sammich machines/sex toys and farm equipment and the useless eaters and the... ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.
    .. are allowed to vote (and, in many cases, breathe life at all!!!) means that the ballot, at it's most fundamental level, is, in fact, similarly flawed!

Remember: This time Trump wants to loyalty test his serfs in the government if he reattains power.
    Like every other elected official, the president is subordinate to the Constitution, which is another way of saying he is not the regime, he’s a servant of the regime. None of those elected officials, including the president, is your boss (unless
    you’re on their payroll or serve in the military). Indeed, the president literally has no formal power to order any of those 536 other federal officeholders to do anything. He cannot make Congress—or even his vice president—do something they do not
    want to do because they, too, derive their authority from the Constitution and the people.
    And that's the problem on a number of levels.

Trump really does believe in The Apprentice, and believes the country should be run as if it were a corporation. Hence, he is The Boss, as it were.

The second problem is the Republican mantra of the Constitution (especially 13th Amendment onward) as a "goddamned piece of paper", so they don't even believe in that subordinance, and have now manipulated that they probably will have the final
    Constitutional word on law for the next 20, if not more, years.

They believe in neither the Constitution nor the people, especially those they don't even consider human (see above).
    Even the people in the executive branch who do have to follow the president’s orders may not follow orders that are unlawful or unconstitutional. Because again, the ultimate political authority in our system is not vested in a person, but in a
    piece of parchment.
    A "goddamned piece of paper" most of them don't believe in in the first place -- especially, as I just said, Amendment 13 and forward.

And the other problem with that is the concept of too many people are able to ENFORCE "I AM THE LAW!" and, therefore, even if the order is unlawful or unconstitutional, a lot of good that does you if you get locked up, lose your job and perhaps your
    family for disobeying it.
    They don't. And it's a lot more than just FJB. It's the fact of the people who are allowed to exist because "that goddamned piece of paper" hasn't gotten around yet to allow for their extermination. Look for Trump to change that, starting with the low-
    hanging fruit, if he retakes power.
    Which brings us to the search at Mar-a-Lago. Like all the people bleating about the “Biden regime,” I have no idea if searching the former president’s home was a wise decision. But from every account I’ve read, it was a lawful decision.
    Dictators do not typically seek warrants from judges when they send police to search the homes of their political opponents. Heck, if the reporting is to be believed, the White House didn’t even know what had happened until after the deed was done.
    What it IS, though, is that the one thing you can say the Right tells the truth about it is simple: We've crossed the Rubicon, and, especially with the rhetoric being put forward, going back may well be nigh impossible. I related that I don't think
    there's an option left which does not lead us down a nasty road. He either reascends as effective God-King, or has done so much, he's put to death and the entire system loses enough face and faith, it probably goes with him.
    Again, none of this means that the DOJ or the FBI didn’t make a terrible decision or otherwise screw up. We’ve seen plenty of evidence in recent years that they’re perfectly capable of both. But if J. Edgar Hoover’s stewardship of the FBI
    didn’t indict the legitimacy of the regime, I don’t see how this could, because government screws up all the time. That’s one of the reasons we have so many elections. James Madison’s whole vision was to use elections, at every level of
    government, as a regular and predictable cleansing tide to sweep away stagnant waters. In fact, if the DOJ actually had good reason to search Trump’s home, meeting all of the legal requirements of probable cause etc., we would have moved closer to a
    banana republic if they turned a blind eye. As Kevin Williamson writes:
    One major reason: The 30-40% of this country literally waiting with baited breath for one man to give one order: Open fire.

If the DoJ or FBI screws this up, you can bet that someone named Trump will be calling for the storming of every FBI office in the nation.

And another thing: These people, especially the White Men, want this to be THE LAST CLEANSING by the ballot box, with the next being the cartridge box.

When Hoover screwed up, he didn't have millions of White Men wanting to kill others and posting their gun porn on the Internet and claiming they wanted to do shit -- while the rest of us are still waiting and want to take their "Proud Boy" tattoos and
    photoshop "Pussy" where they are.
    If we really believe, as we say we believe, that this is a republic, that nobody is above the law, that the presidency is just a temporary executive-branch office rather than a quasi-royal entitlement, then there is nothing all that remarkable about
    the FBI serving a warrant on a house in Florida. I myself do not find it especially difficult to believe that there exists reasonable cause for such a warrant. And if the feds have got it wrong, that wouldn’t be the first time. Those so-called
    And you just basically made the false premise. (Not that I slam you for doing so -- these people believe Trump was anointed by God to kill the useless, the LGBTQ's, and anyone else "in the way".)

In short, if he succeeds, a second Manifest Destiny to retake the country (with lethal force in places like California, Washington, Oregon, Chicago, Baltimore especially -- and more!) from sea to shining sea.
    I don't think you can afford the alternative unless you want the "others" dead.

As for me, I felt it's either vote Trump out (regardless of the opponent), take the five years in prison for threatening his life in a second term, or go violent and die as a result, Schiffer-style.

I never felt Biden would last six months in the office of President -- but one examination of the current legislative impossibility a Presidential resignation would create (in short, no Vice President would be seated unless the Dems win the Senate
    outright) indicates why we haven't had President Kamala Harris for the last 12 months.

(And bring on the Rightie tears at THAT result!)
    Two words, kid: Open fire. All he has to do is give the order, and your question will be answered in inglorious detail.
    One man's terrorist is another's freedom fighter.
    If you’re worried about America looking like a banana republic, please don’t tell me that the first president in American history to defecate on the peaceful transfer of power is the antidote to the rot of Third World corruption of our regime. He
    is the rot.
    Not quite. I think their antidote is the blood of 100 million godless, useless, unAmerican types.

Mike

Cliffs?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Michael Falkner@21:1/5 to All on Fri Aug 12 23:25:28 2022
    Cliffs is my first response to xyzzy, answering his final question.

Mike

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Michael Falkner@21:1/5 to Ken Olson on Sat Aug 13 01:02:54 2022
    On Saturday, August 13, 2022 at 12:18:29 AM UTC-7, Ken Olson wrote:

There are few here that are old enough to remember true American conservatism.

Which is why the present Republican Party would view them as traitors.

Mike (Seriously...)

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Ken Olson@21:1/5 to All on Sat Aug 13 03:18:24 2022
    T24gOC8xMy8yMDIyIDEyOjAxIEFNLCB1bmNsZWpyIHdyb3RlOg0KPiBPbiBGcmlkYXksIEF1 Z3VzdCAxMiwgMjAyMiBhdCAxMDo0MDozOSBQTSBVVEMtNSwgTWljaGFlbCBGYWxrbmVyIHdy b3RlOg0KPj4gT24gRnJpZGF5LCBBdWd1c3QgMTIsIDIwMjIgYXQgNjowMjo1OSBBTSBVVEMt NywgeHl6enkgd3JvdGU6DQo+PiBUaGUgZmlyc3QgdGhpbmcgeW91IGhhdmUgdG8gcmVtZW1i ZXIgd2l0aCB0aGlzIHRob3VnaHQgZXhwZXJpbWVudDoNCj4+DQo+PiBUaGV5IHNjb2ZmIHVz IGZvciBub3Qga25vd2luZyAibWFsZSIgYW5kICJmZW1hbGUiLCB3aGVuLCBmb3IgdGhlIGZp cnN0IGFsbW9zdCAxMDAgeWVhcnMgb2Ygb3VyIGNvdW50cnkgYWJvdmUtdGFibGUgYW5kIGFu b3RoZXIgMTAwIG9mIGl0IGJlbG93LXRhYmxlLCB0aGV5IGhhdmUgZGlzcHV0ZSBvZiB1cyBu b3Qgb25seSBhcyB0byAiaHVtYW4iIGFuZCAibm90IGh1bWFuIiwgYnV0ICJzZW50IGJ5IEdv ZCIgYW5kIG90aGVyd2lzZSENCj4+DQo+PiBXZSBjYW5ub3QgYWdyZWUgb24gdGhlIG1vc3Qg dHJpdmlhbCBvZiBwb2ludHMgd2l0aCB0aGVzZSBhbmltYWxzLg0KPj4+IEhlcmXigJlzIGFu IGVhc3kgdGhvdWdodCBleHBlcmltZW50LiBJbWFnaW5lIGEgVGhpcmQgV29ybGQgYmFuYW5h IHJlcHVibGljLiBBIHBvcHVsaXN0IGxlYWRlciByZWNlbnRseSBvdXN0ZWQgaW4gYW4gYWxs ZWdlZGx5IOKAnHJpZ2dlZOKAnSBlbGVjdGlvbiBpcyB3YWl0aW5nIGluIHRoZSB3aW5ncywg cGxvdHRpbmcgYSByZXR1cm4gdG8gcG93ZXIuIFRoZSBjdXJyZW50IHJ1bGVyIHNlbmRzIGFy bWVkIGFnZW50cyBvZiB0aGUgc3RhdGUgdG8gc2VhcmNoIHRoZSBvdXN0ZWQgcnVsZXLigJlz IGhvbWUgaW4gdGhlIGhvcGUgb2YgZGlzY3JlZGl0aW5nIGhpcyBvbmNlIGFuZCBwb3NzaWJs eSBmdXR1cmUgb3Bwb25lbnQsIHByZXN1bWFibHkgdG8gcHJldmVudCBoaW0gZnJvbSBldmVy IHRocmVhdGVuaW5nIGhpcyBydWxlLg0KPj4gVGhpcyBpcyB3aGVyZSB0aGUgY29uY2VwdCBv ZiAiT25lIG1hbidzIHRlcnJvcmlzdCBpcyBhbm90aGVyJ3MgZnJlZWRvbSBmaWdodGVyIiBj b21lcyBpbnRvIHBsYXkuDQo+Pg0KPj4gSXQncyBub3QgYW4gaW5zdXJyZWN0aW9uIGlmIHRo ZSBlbGVjdGlvbiB3YXMsIGluIGZhY3QsIHJpZ2dlZCBvciBzdG9sZW4uIFRoZSBwcm9ibGVt IGlzLCBvbmx5IG9uZSBzaWRlIGJlbGlldmVzIHRoaXMgLS0gYW5kIEkgYmVsaWV2ZSBtdWNo IG9mIHRoZSBiZWxpZWYgc3RhbmRzIGZyb20gdGhlIGFiaWxpdHkgdG8gdm90ZSBvZiBzYW1t aWNoL2JhYnkgbWFjaGluZXMgdW5kZXIgdGhlIDE5dGggQW1lbmRtZW50LCBmYXJtIGVxdWlw bWVudCB1bmRlciB0aGUgMTR0aCwgYW5kLi4uIGV3d3d3d3d3d3d3d3d3d3d3d3d3d3d3IHVu ZGVyIHRoZSAxNHRoLCBldGMuDQo+Pg0KPj4gVGhlc2UgV2hpdGUgUmlnaHRlcnMgYmVsaWV2 ZSB0aGV5IGFyZSB0aGUgb25seSBiZWluZ3Mgc2VudCBmcm9tIEdvZCwgYW5kIGV2ZXJ5dGhp bmcgZWxzZSBpcyBpbnN0cnVtZW50IHRvIHRoZW0sIGZyb20gd29tZW4gYXMgYSByaWIgZnJv bSBIb2x5IEdvZCBNYW4gQWRhbSB0byB0aGUgc2F2YWdlcyBhbmQgYW5pbWFscyBhbmQgZmFy bSBlcXVpcG1lbnQsIGFuZCB3aGVuIGNhbiB0aGV5IHVzZSBHb2QgdG8ga2lsbCBhbGwgdGhl ICJvdGhlcnMiIG1hc3F1ZXJhZGluZyBhcyBodW1hbiAoYXMgZmFyIGFzIHRoZXkgYXJlIGNv bmNlcm5lZCk/DQo+Pg0KPj4gSW4gc2hvcnQsIHRoZSBlbnRpcmUgY29uY2VwdCBvZiB0aGlz IGNvdW50cnkgaXMgY29tcGxldGVseSBmYWlsZWQgdG8gdGhlbSwgYXQgdGhpcyBwb2ludCwg YW5kIHRoZXkgd2FudCByZXN0b3JlZCB0aGUgQ29uc3RpdHV0aW9uIG9mIE1hbmlmZXN0IERl c3RpbnkgLS0ga2lsbCBldmVyeW9uZSBpbiB0aGUgd2F5LCBhbmQgb25seSBXaGl0ZSBNZW4g TGFuZG93bmVycyBoYXZlIGEgdm9pY2UuDQo+Pj4gVGhpcywgYWNjb3JkaW5nIHRvIGV2ZXJ5 b25lIGZyb20gRG9uYWxkIFRydW1wIHRvIGxhcmdlIHN3YXRocyBvZiB0aGUgR09QIGFuZCBp dHMgbG95YWwgY29tbWVudGFyaWF0LCBpcyB3aGF0IGhhcHBlbmVkIHRoaXMgd2VlayB3aGVu IHRoZSBGQkkgc2VhcmNoZWQgTWFyLWEtTGFnby4g4oCcU3VjaCBhbiBhc3NhdWx0IGNvdWxk IG9ubHkgdGFrZSBwbGFjZSBpbiBicm9rZW4sIFRoaXJkLVdvcmxkIGNvdW50cmllcyzigJ0g VHJ1bXAgZGVjbGFyZWQuIOKAnFNhZGx5LCBBbWVyaWNhIGhhcyBub3cgYmVjb21lIG9uZSBv ZiB0aG9zZSBjb3VudHJpZXMsIGNvcnJ1cHQgYXQgYSBsZXZlbCBub3Qgc2VlbiBiZWZvcmUu 4oCdIEhpcyBzb24gZWNob2VkIHRoZSBzZW50aW1lbnQ6IOKAnEJpZGVu4oCZcyBvdXQgb2Yg Y29udHJvbCBET0ogaXMgcmlwcGluZyB0aGlzIGNvdW50cnkgYXBhcnQgd2l0aCBob3cgdGhl eSdyZSBvcGVubHkgdGFyZ2V0aW5nIHRoZWlyIHBvbGl0aWNhbCBlbmVtaWVzLiBUaGlzIGlz IHdoYXQgeW91IHNlZSBoYXBwZW4gaW4gM3JkIFdvcmxkIEJhbmFuYSBSZXB1YmxpY3MhISHi gJ0NCj4+IFRoZSBmYWN0IGlzLCB0aGF0IHdlIGFyZSBhbGxvd2VkIHRvIHZvdGUuLi4gSGVs bCwgYWxsb3dlZCB0byBCUkVBVEhFIG1ha2VzIHVzIGEgVGhpcmQtV29ybGQgQmFuYW5hIFJl cHVibGljLg0KPj4NCj4+IEFuZCBzb21lb25lIG1pZ2h0IHdhbm5hIHJlbWluZCB0aGVzZSB0 d2l0cyB0aGF0IHN1Y2Nlc3Mgb24gdGhlaXIgcGFydCBwcm9iYWJseSByZWR1Y2VzIEFtZXJp Y2EgdG8gYSB2YXNzYWwgc3RhdGUgb2YgUnVzc2lhLiBUb3V0IHN1aXRlLg0KPj4+IEJ1dCBs ZXTigJlzIHJldHVybiB0byB0aGUgdGhvdWdodCBleHBlcmltZW50OiBXaGF0IGhhcHBlbnMg bmV4dD8gVGhlIG91c3RlZCBydWxlciBhbmQgaGlzIHJlcHJlc2VudGF0aXZlcyBjbGFpbSB0 aGF0IHRoaXMgYWZmcm9udCB0byBoaXMgZGlnbml0eSBpcyByZWFsbHkgYW4gaW5zdWx0IHRv IGFsbCBvZiBoaXMgc3VwcG9ydGVycy4gTGlrZSBmb2xsb3dlcnMgb2YgSHVnbyBDaGF2ZXog b3IgTWFudWVsIE9ydGVnYSwgdGhleSBpbnNpc3QgdGhhdCBvbmx5IGJ5IHJldHVybmluZyB0 aGVpciBsZWFkZXIgaW4gaW50ZXJuYWwgZXhpbGUgdG8gcG93ZXIgY2FuIHRoZXkgYXZlbmdl IHRoaXMgdHJhdmVzdHkgYW5kIHB1cmdlIHRoZSBnb3Zlcm5tZW50IG9mIHRoZXNlIGVuZW1p ZXMgb2YgdGhlIHBlb3BsZS4NCj4+IEl0IHByZXR0eSBtdWNoIGlzLg0KPj4NCj4+IFRoZSBw cm9ibGVtIGlzLCB0aGUgbmV4dCBzaXR1YXRpb24gaXMgZXZlbiBtb3JlIG9mIGFuIGluc3Vs dC4gV2Ugbm93IGtub3cgdGhleSBoYWQgaW5zaWRlIGhlbHAgYW5kIHByb2JhYmx5IHRoZSBj b3ZlcnQgc2FuY3Rpb24gb2YgdGhlIGN1cnJlbnQgKG91dGdvaW5nPykgUHJlc2lkZW50LiBX ZSBrbm93IHRoZXkgaW52YWRlZCB0aGUgQ2FwaXRvbCBncm91bmRzIHRvIGJyZWFrIGluIGZv ciB0aGUgZmlyc3QgZ3JvdXAgdG8gZG8gc28gc2luY2UgdGhlIFdBUiBPRiAxODEyIQ0KPj4N Cj4+IEFuZCB3aGF0IGNvbWVzIG9mIGl0Pw0KPj4NCj4+IEEgZnVja2luZyBzb2NpYWwtbWVk aWEgZXZlbnQuDQo+Pg0KPj4gSWYgdGhleSBhcmUgZXZlbiByZW1vdGVseSBzZXJpb3VzIGFi b3V0IHRoZSBzaXR1YXRpb24sIFRIRVkuIEZVQ0tJTkcuIE9QRU4uIEZJUkUuDQo+Pg0KPj4g T24gYW55b25lIGFuZCBhbnl0aGluZyBlbHNlIHRoYXQgbW92ZXMuIFRoZXkgdGFrZSB0aGUg Q2FwaXRvbCwgdGhleSB0YWtlIERDLCBhbmQgdGhlbiB3ZSBmaW5kIG91dCB3aG9zZSBzaWRl IHRoZSBtaWxpdGFyeSByZWFsbHkgSVMgb24uDQo+Pg0KPj4gQW5kIHRvIHVzZSB0aGUgcmVh bGl0eS1zaG93IG1vZGVsOiBUaGV5IGRvbid0IHdhbnQgYSBQcmVzaWRlbnQuDQo+Pg0KPj4g VGhleSB3YW50IHRoZSBvcmRlciB0byBvcGVuIGZpcmUuDQo+Pg0KPj4gVGhleSB3YW50IHRo ZSBob3N0IG9mIHRoZSBuZXh0IGFuZCBVTFRJTUFURSByZWFsaXR5IHNob3c6IFRoZSBQdXJn ZS4NCj4+PiBUaGF04oCZcyB0aGUgYXJndW1lbnQgcmFnaW5nIGxpa2UgYSByZWxpZ2lvdXMg YXdha2VuaW5nIGFjcm9zcyBtdWNoIG9mIHRoZSByaWdodCB0aGlzIHdlZWsuIE9uY2UgVHJ1 bXAgYW5ub3VuY2VzIGhl4oCZcyBydW5uaW5nIGZvciBwcmVzaWRlbnQsIE1pa2UgSHVja2Fi ZWUgaW5zaXN0cywg4oCcV2UgbmVlZCB0byByYWxseSBhcm91bmQgaGltIGFuZCBzaW1wbHkg c2F5LCDigJhIZSBpcyB0aGUgY2FuZGlkYXRlLuKAmSBIZSB3aWxsIGJlIHJlLWVsZWN0ZWQu IFRoYXTigJlzIGJlY2F1c2UgaGXigJlzIHRoZSBvbmx5IGNhbmRpZGF0ZSB3aG/igJlsbCBo YXZlIHRoZSBndXRzIHRvIHRha2Ugb24gdGhpcyBpbmNyZWRpYmx5IGNvcnJ1cHQgbWFjaGlu ZS4gV2UgbXVzdCBwdXQgaGltIGJhY2sgaW4gYW5kIGxldCBoaW0gZG8gdGhpcy4gSeKAmW0g Y29udmluY2VkIGF0IHRoaXMgcG9pbnQgdGhhdCB0aGlzIGlzIHRoZSBvbmx5IGhvcGUgZm9y IG91ciBuYXRpb24sIHRvIGdldCBpdCBiYWNrIHRvIHRoZSBwb2ludCB3aGVyZSBwZW9wbGUg Y2FuIGJlbGlldmUgaW4gaXQu4oCdDQo+PiBUaGUgb25seSB3YXkgeW91J3JlIGRvaW5nIHRo YXQgaXMgdG8gZ3V0IHRoZSBBbWVyaWNhbiBjaXRpZXMgYW5kIGtpbGwgdGVucyBvZiBtaWxs aW9ucy4NCj4+DQo+PiBTZXJpb3VzbHkuDQo+Pg0KPj4gSSdkIHB1dCB0aGUgc3RhcnRpbmcg YmlkLCBhdCB0aGlzIHBvaW50LCBhdCB0aGUgbGVmdHdhcmQtbW9zdCAxMDAgbWlsbGlvbiBO T1cgYW5kIGFub3RoZXIgMTAwIG1pbGxpb24gb3ZlciB0aGUgbmV4dCAyMCBvciBzbyB5ZWFy cywgdG8gYmUgcmVwbGFjZWQgd2l0aCB0aG9zZSBXaGl0ZSBiYWJpZXMgdGhlIGFib3J0aW9u IGJhbnMgd2lsbCBlbnN1cmUgdGFrZSBiaXJ0aC4NCj4+DQo+PiAoVGhhdCdzIG5vdCBhIG51 bWJlciBJIHB1bGwgb3V0IG9mIG15IGFzcyBlaXRoZXIuIExpYmVydGFyaWFuIGVjb25vbWlz dCBibG9nZ2VyIEthcmwgRGVubmluZ2VyIGJlbGlldmVzIHRoZSBlbnRpcmUgbGFzdCA0MCB5 ZWFycyBvZiAiZ3Jvd3RoIiBoYXMgYmVlbiBob3BlbGVzc2x5IGxldmVyYWdlZCBhbmQgdGhh dCBpdCBhbGwgbXVzdCBjb21lIG91dCBmb3IgdGhlIGNvdW50cnkgdG8gcmVnYWluIGVjb25v bWljIG1hdGhlbWF0aWNhbCBiYWxhbmNlLiBGb3JnZXR0aW5nLCBvZiBjb3Vyc2UsIHRoZSAx MDAgbWlsbGlvbiB0aGUgcG9wdWxhdGlvbiBoYXMgaW5jcmVhc2VkIGluIHRoYXQgdGltZS4g VGhhdCBpcyBub3QgdG8gc2F5IHRoZSB5b3VuZ2VzdCAxMDAgbWlsbGlvbiB3b3VsZCBoYXZl IHRvIGdvIC0tIGJ1dCwgaW4gdGhlIGV5ZXMgb2YgdGhlIFdoaXRlIFJpZ2h0LCBpdCdkIGhh dmUgdG8gYmUgdGhlIGxlZnR3YXJkIDEwMCBtaWxsaW9uLikNCj4+DQo+PiBBbmQgdGhlIG90 aGVyIHF1ZXN0aW9uIHlvdSBuZWVkIHRvIGFzazogV0hBVCBUSEUgRlVDSyBBUkUgWU9VIEZV Q0tTIFdBSVRJTkcgRk9SPw0KPj4NCj4+IEFueSBtZXRyaWMgb2YgZ292ZXJubWVudCB0eXJh bm55IHdoaWNoIHdvdWxkIHRyaWdnZXIgaW4gdGhlIHR3by1icmFpbi1jZWxsIFdoaXRlIFJp Z2h0IGJyYWluICJJbiB0aGUgY291cnNlIG9mIGh1bWFuIGV2ZW50cy4uLiIgSEFTIEJFRU4g QUNISUVWRUQuIFlvdSd2ZSBsb3N0IEFUIExFQVNUIGZvdXIgeWVhcnMgdG8gYSB0eXJhbm5p Y2FsIFtzaWNdIGdvdmVybm1lbnQgd2hpY2ggYWN0dWFsbHkgcmVjb2duaXplcyBodW1hbiBi ZWluZ3MgYW5kIGh1bWFuIHJpZ2h0cyB5b3UgZG9uJ3QgZXZlbiBiZWxpZXZlIEdvZCBnYXZl IHRoZSBhbmltYWxzLCBzYXZhZ2VzLCBhbmQgZXd3d3d3d3d3d3d3d3d3dy4uLg0KPj4NCj4+ IFNvIEkgcmVzcGVjdCB0aGF0IGd1eSBmcm9tIE9oaW8uIEkgYWN0dWFsbHkgZG8uIEhlIGFj dHVhbGx5IGRpZCBsYXkgZG93biBoaXMgbGlmZSBiZWNhdXNlIHRoZSBzaXR1YXRpb24gaGFk IGdvbmUgYmV5b25kIGNyaXRpY2FsIG1hc3MgLS0gYW5kIGhlIGRpZCBleGFjdGx5IHdoYXQg aGUgYmVsaWV2ZXMgdGhlIENvbnN0aXR1dGlvbiBnYXZlIGhpbSB0aGUgcmlnaHQgdG8uDQo+ Pg0KPj4gU28gdGhlIHF1ZXN0aW9uIHJlbWFpbnM6IEFyZSB3ZSB0aGUgdGVycm9yaXN0cywg b3IgYXJlIHlvdSwgUmVwdWJsaWNhbiB2b3RlcnMgYW5kIHN1cHBvcnRlcnM/DQo+Pj4gVGhp cyBpc27igJl0IGFuIGFyZ3VtZW50IGFnYWluc3QgYmFuYW5hIHJlcHVibGljIHBvbGl0aWNz LCBpdCBpcyBiYW5hbmEgcmVwdWJsaWMgcG9saXRpY3MuIExldOKAmXMgcHV0IGFzaWRlIGFu eSBjb25zaWRlcmF0aW9uIG9mIHByaW1hcmllcyBvciBwb2xpY3kgZGViYXRlcyBhbmQgc2lt cGx5IGFub2ludCBhIHN0cm9uZyBtYW4gdG8gcmVkZWVtIG91ciBuYXRpb24sIHB1cmdlIGNv cnJ1cHRpb24sIGFuZCBwdW5pc2ggb3VyIGVuZW1pZXMuDQo+PiBCdXQgdGhhdCdzIHdoYXQg dGhleSB3YW50LiBUaGV5IGFyZSBET05FIHdpdGggdXMgdm90aW5nLg0KPj4NCj4+IEFzIEkn dmUgc2FpZCByZXBlYXRlZGx5IGFuZCBiZWVuIGxhdWdoZWQgYXQ6IFRoZXkgYXJlIGRvbmUg ZmVlZGluZyB1cywgaG91c2luZyB1cywgc2VlaW5nIHVzLCB0b2xlcmF0aW5nIG91ciBsaXZl cy4NCj4+DQo+PiBET05FLg0KPj4+IEnigJlsbCBwdXQgaXQgcGxhaW5seTogSWYgeW91ciDi gJxiZWxpZWbigJ0gaW4gb3VyIGNvdW50cnkgaXMgc28gZnJhZ2lsZSBhbmQgcGF0aGV0aWMg dGhhdCB5b3Ugd2lsbCBsb3NlIOKAnGhvcGUgZm9yIG91ciBuYXRpb27igJ0gdW5sZXNzIERv bmFsZCBUcnVtcCBpcyBnaXZlbiBmcmVlIHJlaWduIHRvIGNsZWFuc2UgdGhlIGxhbmQgb2Yg ZXZpbGRvZXJzLCB0aGVuIHlvdSBkb27igJl0IGFjdHVhbGx5IGJlbGlldmUgaW4gdGhpcyBu YXRpb24uIElmIHlvdXIgbG92ZSBvZiBjb3VudHJ5IGlzIGNvbnRpbmdlbnQgb24geW91ciBw cmVmZXJyZWQgZmFjdGlvbiBiZWluZyBpbiBwb3dlciwgeW914oCZdmUgY29uZnVzZWQgcGFy dGlzYW5zaGlwIGZvciBwYXRyaW90aXNtLiBUYWtlbiBzZXJpb3VzbHksIGFsbCBvZiB0aGlz IGJhbmFuYSByZXB1YmxpYyB0YWxrIGlzIHVuLUFtZXJpY2FuLg0KPj4gVGhleSBkb24ndCBi ZWxpZXZlIGluIFRISVMgbmF0aW9uLg0KPj4NCj4+IFRoZXkgYmVsaWV2ZSB0aGlzIG5hdGlv biBpcyBTYXRhbi1zcGF3biBmcm9tIHRoZSBsb3NzIG9mIHRoZSBDaXZpbCBXYXIgYW5kIHRo ZSBpbXBvc2l0aW9uIG9mIHJpZ2h0cyBBR0FJTlNUIHRoZSBXaGl0ZSBDaXMtTWFsZSBMYW5k b3duZXIgaW4gdGhlIDE0dGggQW1lbmRtZW50IGluIDE4NjguDQo+Pg0KPj4gVGhleSBiZWxp ZXZlIFRISVMgbmF0aW9uIGlzIGRlYWQuIEFuZCB0aGV5IG5vdyB3aWxsIHdhbnQgdG8ga2ls bCBpdCBhbmQgcmVzdXJyZWN0IGl0IGluIHRoZWlyIGVsaW1pbmF0aXZlIGltYWdlLg0KPj4N Cj4+IEluIHNob3J0LCBmcm9tICJUaGUgUHVyZ2UiOiAiR29kIGJsZXNzIG91ciBOZXcgRm91 bmRpbmcgRmF0aGVycyBhbmQgQW1lcmljYSwgYSBuYXRpb24gcmVib3JuLiINCj4+DQo+PiBX ZSBBUkUgdGhlIGV2aWxkb2VycyB0byB0aGVtIC0tIGFuZCBJJ20gbW9yZSB0aGFuIHRlbXB0 ZWQgdG8gc2hvdyB0aGVtIGp1c3Qgd2hhdCBldmlsIGNhbiBkbyBpZiB0aGF0J3MgYWxsIHRo ZXkgc2VlIHVzIGFzIQ0KPj4+IEkgZG9u4oCZdCBtZWFuIGl04oCZcyBhIHdyb25nIG9yIGZs YXdlZCBhcmd1bWVudCBvciBzaW1wbHkgYW4gYXJndW1lbnQgSSBkb27igJl0IGxpa2XigJR0 aG91Z2ggaXQgaXMgYWxsIHRob3NlIHRoaW5ncy4gSSBtZWFuIGl0IGlzIGxpdGVyYWxseSBh biB1bi1BbWVyaWNhbiBhcmd1bWVudCBiZWNhdXNlIGl0IGZ1bmRhbWVudGFsbHkgYmV0cmF5 cyB0aGUgd2hvbGUgaWRlYSBvZiB0aGlzIGNvdW50cnkuIEFuZCBJ4oCZZCBzYXkgdGhpcyBp ZiB0aGUgY2xhaW1zIHdlcmUgbWFkZSBhYm91dCBhbnkgcG9saXRpY2lhbi4gSW5kZWVkLCBJ IGRpZC4gV2hlbiBCYXJhY2sgT2JhbWHigJlzIGJvb3N0ZXJzIGNsYWltZWQgaGUgd291bGQg Zml4IG91ciDigJxicm9rZW4gc291bHPigJ0gKGluIE1pY2hlbGxlIE9iYW1h4oCZcyB3b3Jk cyksIEkgc3BhcmVkIG5vIGVmZm9ydCBpbiBkZW5vdW5jaW5nIHRoZW0uIFdoZW4gSm9lIEJp ZGVuIHNlcm1vbml6ZWQgYWJvdXQgaG93IOKAnHVuaXR54oCd4oCUdW5kZXIgaGlzIGJhbm5l cuKAlHdhcyB0aGUgYW5zd2VyIHRvIGFsbCBvdXIgcHJvYmxlbXMsIEkgdHJvdHRlZCBvdXQg YWxsIG15IGFyZ3VtZW50cyBhZ2FpbnN0IHRoZSDigJxjdWx0IG9mIHVuaXR5LOKAnSB3aGlj aCBjb25zdGFudGx5IHRocmVhdGVucyBvdXIgY29uc3RpdHV0aW9uYWwgc3lzdGVtIG9mIHNl cGFyYXRlZCBwb3dlcnMgYW5kIGRpdmlkZWQgZ292ZXJubWVudC4NCj4+ICJVbml0eSIgaXMg dGhlIGxhc3QgdGhpbmcgdGhleSB3YW50LiBCZWNhdXNlLCB0byBiZSB1bmlmaWVkIHdpdGgg dXMgd291bGQgYmUgaW5kaWNhdGl2ZSB0aGF0IHdlIGFyZSBodW1hbiwgaW1wb3J0YW50LCBh bmQgaGF2ZSB2YWx1ZSAtLSBhbmQgdGhhdCdzIHRocmVlIHRoaW5ncyBQcm91ZCBCb3kgQW1l cmljYSBkb2VzIE5PVCBiZWxpZXZlIGluLg0KPj4NCj4+IFRoZSBwcm9ibGVtIGlzLCB0aGF0 IGxldmVsIG9mIGRpc3VuaXR5IGJsb3dzIGl0IGFsbCB1cCwgYmVjYXVzZSBpdCByZWR1Y2Vz IHVzIHRvIGJhc2ljYWxseSBodW50aW5nIGVhY2ggb3RoZXIgZG93biBhbmQgZWxpbWluYXRp bmcgZWFjaCBvdGhlciBiZWNhdXNlIHdlIGFyZSBpbiB0aGUgd2F5IC0tIG5vdCB1bmxpa2Ug dGhlIHN0eWxlIG9mIHRoZSBNYW5pZmVzdCBEZXN0aW55IGh1bnRpbmcgZG93biB0aGUgSW5k aWFucyBsaWtlIHRoZXkgd2VyZSBtZWF0IGZvciBmb29kLg0KPj4NCj4+IFRoaXMgaXMgYW5v dGhlciByZWFzb24gSSBzYXkgdG8gc2hvb3Qgb3Igc2h1dCB1cCAtLSB3ZSBjYW5ub3QgY28t ZXhpc3QuIFdlIHdpbGwgbm90IGNvLWV4aXN0LCBhbmQgaXQgaXMgcmFwaWRseSBnZXR0aW5n IHRvIHRoZSBwb2ludCBpZiB0aGVyZSB3YXMgZW5vdWdoIHJvb20gZm9yIGJvdGggb2YgdXMs IHRoZXJlIGlzbid0IG11Y2ggZWxzZSAiZW5vdWdoIiBsZWZ0IGZvciB0aGUgYm90aCBvZiB1 cywgYXMgdGhlIGN1cnJlbnQgZWNvbm9taWMgc2l0dWF0aW9uIGlzIHNob3dpbmcuDQo+Pj4g UHJlc2lkZW50cyBhcmUgbm90IHJlZGVlbWVycywgbWVzc2lhaHMsIGluY2FybmF0aW9ucyBv ZiBteXN0aWNhbCBhc3BpcmF0aW9ucywgb3IgcmlnaHRlb3VzIHNldHRsZXJzIG9mIHNlZXRo aW5nIGdyaWV2YW5jZXMuIFRoZXnigJlyZSBub3QgZ29kLWtpbmdzIG9yIHRoZSBmYXRoZXJz IG9mIG91ciBBbWVyaWNhbiBmYW1pbHkuIFRoZXnigJlyZSBwb2xpdGljaWFucyBlbGVjdGVk IHRvIGRvIHNvbWUgc3BlY2lmaWMgdGhpbmdzIGFzIHRoZSBoZWFkIG9mIG9uZSBicmFuY2gg b2Ygb25lIGxldmVsIG9mIGdvdmVybm1lbnQuIFRoZXkgZ2V0IHRoYXQgam9iIGZvciBhIGxp bWl0ZWQgYW5kIGRlZmluZWQgcGVyaW9kIG9mIHRpbWUsIGFuZCBhZnRlcndhcmQgdGhleeKA mXJlIHNpbXBseSBjaXRpemVucy4NCj4+IEFuZCB0aGF0J3MgdGhlIHByb2JsZW06IFRoZXkg bm8gbG9uZ2VyIHdhbnQgYSBQcmVzaWRlbnQuDQo+Pg0KPj4gVGhleSB3YW50IGEgR29kLUtp bmcsIHNlbnQgZnJvbSBHb2QgdG8gcHVyZ2UgdGhpcyBsYW5kIG9mIHRoZSAib3RoZXJzIiBz byB0aGF0IG9ubHkgdGhlIFdoaXRlIE1lbiBjYW4gZW5qb3kgaXQgYW5kIHRoZSBiYWJ5IG1h Y2hpbmVzIGFuZCBmYXJtIGVxdWlwbWVudCBhcmUgdW5kZXIgdGhlbSENCj4+PiBJdOKAmXMg YSBzb3VyY2Ugb2YgY29uc3RhbnQgY29uc3Rlcm5hdGlvbiBhbmQgYW1hemVtZW50IGZvciBt ZSB0aGF0IHNvIG1hbnkgcGVvcGxlIGVpdGhlciBkb27igJl0IHVuZGVyc3RhbmQgdGhpcyBv ciBzaW1wbHkgcHJldGVuZCBub3QgdG8uDQo+PiBJIHRoaW5rIHRoZXkgdW5kZXJzdGFuZCwg YXQgbGVhc3QgYXMgbXVjaCBhcyA5MC05NSBJUSBjYW4uIEl0IGhhcyBhbHJlYWR5IGJlZW4g c2hvd24gdGhhdCB0aGUgc3R1cGlkIHRlbmQgdG8gZ3Jhdml0YXRlIHRvIEZveCBOZXdzLCBl dGMuDQo+Pj4gSSBkb27igJl0IGtub3cgZm9yIHN1cmUgd2hpY2ggcG9saXRpY2lhbnMgYW5k IHB1bmRpdHMgeWFtbWVyaW5nIGFib3V0IG91ciDigJxjb3JydXB0IHJlZ2ltZeKAnSBhcmUg dHJ1bHkgaWdub3JhbnQgYW5kIHdoaWNoIGFyZSBtZXJlbHkgZHVwbGljaXRvdXMgZGVtYWdv Z3VlcyBjaHVtbWluZyB0aGUgd2F0ZXJzIHdpdGggYmxvb2R5IG5vbnNlbnNlLiBCdXQgSSBk byBrbm93IGl04oCZcyBkYW5nZXJvdXMsIGJlY2F1c2Ugd2hldGhlciB0aGV5IGJlbGlldmUg aXQgb3Igbm90LCB0aGV5IHdhbnQgbWlsbGlvbnMgb2YgcGVvcGxlIHRvIGJlbGlldmUgaXQu DQo+PiBBbmQsIGZyYW5rbHksIEkgYmVsaWV2ZSBtaWxsaW9ucyBkby4gSXQgaXMgb25lIG9m IHRoZSByZWFzb25zIEkgYmVsaWV2ZSB3ZSBoYXZlIGxvc3QgdG8gdGhlIGNvcm9uYXZpcnVz LCBhbHJlYWR5IGxvc3QgNSBvciBtb3JlIG1pbGxpb24gdG8gdGhlIHZpcnVzLCBhbmQgY2Fu J3QgaGF2ZSB0aGF0IHNhaWQgYmVjYXVzZSBzb21lIHBlb3BsZSB3b3VsZCBjaGVlciB0aGF0 IGxldmVsIG9mIGRlYXRoIGFuZCBkZXN0cnVjdGlvbiwgd2hpbGUgdGhlIHJlc3Qgd291bGQg cHJvYmFibHkgcmlvdCwga25vd2luZyB0aGUgbnVtYmVyIGNvdWxkIGJlIG11Y2gsIG11Y2gg aGlnaGVyLg0KPj4NCj4+PiBPdXIgcmVnaW1lLg0KPj4NCj4+IFJlbWVtYmVyIHdoYXQgUnVz aCBMaW1wYmFsbHMgc3RhcnRlZCBzYXlpbmcgYWJvdXQgQW1lcmljYSB0aGUgZGF5IENsaW50 b24gdG9vayBvZmZpY2U6ICJBbWVyaWNhIEhlbGQgSG9zdGFnZSIuDQo+Pg0KPj4gU2luY2Ug dGhlbiwgYSBCbGFjayBtYW4gaGFzIGhlbGQgdGhlIG9mZmljZSBhbmQgbm93IGV2ZW4gd29y c2UuLi4NCj4+PiBCdXQgbGV04oCZcyB0YWxrIGFib3V0IG91ciDigJxyZWdpbWUs4oCdIGEg dGVybSB0aGVzZSBwZW9wbGUgdXNlIHdpdGggVml6emluaS1saWtlIGNvbmZpZGVuY2UgYW5k IGVycm9yLg0KPj4+DQo+Pj4gSW4gMjAwNCwgYSBsb3Qgb2YgYW5ncnkgRGVtb2NyYXRzIGxv dmVkIHRoZSBwaHJhc2Ug4oCccmVnaW1lIGNoYW5nZSBzdGFydHMgYXQgaG9tZS7igJ0gVGhl IGlkZWEgd2FzIHRoYXQgdm90aW5nIEdlb3JnZSBXLiBCdXNoIG91dCBvZiBvZmZpY2Ugd291 bGQgY29uc3RpdHV0ZSDigJxyZWdpbWUgY2hhbmdl4oCd4oCUYSB0ZXJtIHBvcHVsYXJpemVk IGJ5IGJvdGggQmlsbCBDbGludG9uIGFuZCBCdXNoIHdpdGggcmVnYXJkIHRvIG91ciBwb2xp Y3kgb24gSXJhcS4NCj4+IFJlbWVtYmVyLCBhbHNvLCB0aGF0IG1hbnkgb2YgdXMgYWxzbyB2 aWV3ZWQgRGljayBDaGVuZXkgYW5kIGhpcyBQcm9qZWN0IEZvciBhIE5ldyBBbWVyaWNhbiBD ZW50dXJ5IChQTkFDKSBhcyBhIHByb2JhYmxlIGNhdXNlIGZvciB0aGF0IEFtZXJpY2EgaGFk IGEgcm9sZSBpbiB0aGUgOS8xMSB0ZXJyb3Jpc3QgYXR0YWNrcy4NCj4+PiBUaGUgc3R1cGlk aXR5IG9mIHRoaXMgdGFsa2luZyBwb2ludOKAlGxhdGVyIHBpY2tlZCB1cCBpbiB0aGUgT2Jh bWEgeWVhcnMgYnkgY29uc2VydmF0aXZlc+KAlGJlZ2lucyB3aXRoIHRoZSBmYWN0IHRoYXQg ZWxlY3Rpb25zIGFyZSBob3cgb3VyIHJlZ2ltZSB3b3Jrcy4gQSByZWdpbWUsIGJ5IGRlZmlu aXRpb24sIGlzIGEgc3lzdGVtIG9mIGdvdmVybm1lbnQsIG5vdCBhbiBhZG1pbmlzdHJhdGlv biBydW4gYnkgZWxlY3RlZCBEZW1vY3JhdHMgb3IgUmVwdWJsaWNhbnMuIFdoZW4gc2VyaW91 cyBwZW9wbGUgdGFsayBzZXJpb3VzbHkgYWJvdXQgY2hhbmdpbmcgYSByZWdpbWUsIHRoZXni gJlyZSB0YWxraW5nIGFib3V0IGNoYW5naW5nIHRoZSBzeXN0ZW0gb2YgZ292ZXJubWVudC4g UmVnaW1lIGNoYW5nZSBpbiBJcmFxIG1lYW50IGdldHRpbmcgcmlkIG9mIGEgdG90YWxpdGFy aWFuLCB0ZXJyb3Jpc3RpYyBkaWN0YXRvcnNoaXAsIG5vdCBzaW1wbHkgcmVwbGFjaW5nIFNh ZGRhbSBIdXNzZWluIHdpdGggYSBtb3JlIHBsaWFibGUgYW5kIGNvb3BlcmF0aXZlIHR5cmFu dC4NCj4+IFRoZSBwcm9ibGVtIGlzLCBhcyB5b3UgcHJvYmFibHkgd2VsbCBrbm93LCBTYWRk YW0gd2FzIG91ciBtYW4gYmVmb3JlIGhlIHdhcyBvZiBubyBmdXJ0aGVyIHVzZSB0byB1cy4g QW5kIHRoZW4gcmVtZW1iZXIgdGhpcy4uLg0KPj4+IEFtZXJpY2HigJlzIHJlZ2ltZSBpc27i gJl0IG9uIGFueSBiYWxsb3QuIFN5bWJvbGljYWxseSwgaXQgaXMgdGhlIGJhbGxvdC4gTW9y ZSBwcm9wZXJseSwgaXQgaXMgdGhlIGNvbnN0aXR1dGlvbmFsIHN5c3RlbSB0aGF0IHJlcXVp cmVzIG91ciBsZWFkZXJzIHRvIGJlIGVsZWN0ZWQuIEJ1dCB1bmxpa2UgaW4gYW4gYWN0dWFs IGJhbmFuYSByZXB1YmxpYyBvciB0aGUgVGhpcmQgV29ybGQgTWFyeGlzdCBkaWN0YXRvcnNo aXBzIE1hcmNvIFJ1YmlvIGNvbXBhcmVzIHVzIHRvLCBlbGVjdGluZyBhIGxlYWRlciBkb2Vz buKAmXQgY2hhbmdlIHRoZSByZWdpbWUuIFRoZXJlIGFyZSByb3VnaGx5IDUyMCwwMDAgZWxl Y3RlZCBvZmZpY2lhbHMgaW4gdGhpcyBjb3VudHJ5LiBBdCB0aGUgZmVkZXJhbCBsZXZlbCB0 aGVyZSBhcmUgNTM3IG9mIHRoZW0uIFRoZSBwcmVzaWRlbnQgaXMganVzdCBvbmUgb2YgdGhl bS4NCj4+IFBhcnQgb2YgdGhlIHByb2JsZW0gaXMgdGhhdCB0aGUgcmVtb3ZhbCBvZiBtdWNo IChtb3N0Pykgb2YgdGhlIGVsZWN0ZWQgb2ZmaWNpYWxzIGFuZCBldmVuIG1vcmUgb2YgdGhl IHZvdGVycyBpcyBwYXJ0IG9mIHRoZSBwb2ludC4gVGhlIGZhY3QgdGhhdCBiYWJ5L3NhbW1p Y2ggbWFjaGluZXMvc2V4IHRveXMgYW5kIGZhcm0gZXF1aXBtZW50IGFuZCB0aGUgdXNlbGVz cyBlYXRlcnMgYW5kIHRoZS4uLiBld3d3d3d3d3d3d3d3d3d3d3d3d3d3dy4uLiBhcmUgYWxs b3dlZCB0byB2b3RlIChhbmQsIGluIG1hbnkgY2FzZXMsIGJyZWF0aGUgbGlmZSBhdCBhbGwh ISEpIG1lYW5zIHRoYXQgdGhlIGJhbGxvdCwgYXQgaXQncyBtb3N0IGZ1bmRhbWVudGFsIGxl dmVsLCBpcywgaW4gZmFjdCwgc2ltaWxhcmx5IGZsYXdlZCENCj4+DQo+PiBSZW1lbWJlcjog VGhpcyB0aW1lIFRydW1wIHdhbnRzIHRvIGxveWFsdHkgdGVzdCBoaXMgc2VyZnMgaW4gdGhl IGdvdmVybm1lbnQgaWYgaGUgcmVhdHRhaW5zIHBvd2VyLg0KPj4+IExpa2UgZXZlcnkgb3Ro ZXIgZWxlY3RlZCBvZmZpY2lhbCwgdGhlIHByZXNpZGVudCBpcyBzdWJvcmRpbmF0ZSB0byB0 aGUgQ29uc3RpdHV0aW9uLCB3aGljaCBpcyBhbm90aGVyIHdheSBvZiBzYXlpbmcgaGUgaXMg bm90IHRoZSByZWdpbWUsIGhl4oCZcyBhIHNlcnZhbnQgb2YgdGhlIHJlZ2ltZS4gTm9uZSBv ZiB0aG9zZSBlbGVjdGVkIG9mZmljaWFscywgaW5jbHVkaW5nIHRoZSBwcmVzaWRlbnQsIGlz IHlvdXIgYm9zcyAodW5sZXNzIHlvdeKAmXJlIG9uIHRoZWlyIHBheXJvbGwgb3Igc2VydmUg aW4gdGhlIG1pbGl0YXJ5KS4gSW5kZWVkLCB0aGUgcHJlc2lkZW50IGxpdGVyYWxseSBoYXMg bm8gZm9ybWFsIHBvd2VyIHRvIG9yZGVyIGFueSBvZiB0aG9zZSA1MzYgb3RoZXIgZmVkZXJh bCBvZmZpY2Vob2xkZXJzIHRvIGRvIGFueXRoaW5nLiBIZSBjYW5ub3QgbWFrZSBDb25ncmVz c+KAlG9yIGV2ZW4gaGlzIHZpY2UgcHJlc2lkZW504oCUZG8gc29tZXRoaW5nIHRoZXkgZG8g bm90IHdhbnQgdG8gZG8gYmVjYXVzZSB0aGV5LCB0b28sIGRlcml2ZSB0aGVpciBhdXRob3Jp dHkgZnJvbSB0aGUgQ29uc3RpdHV0aW9uIGFuZCB0aGUgcGVvcGxlLg0KPj4gQW5kIHRoYXQn cyB0aGUgcHJvYmxlbSBvbiBhIG51bWJlciBvZiBsZXZlbHMuDQo+Pg0KPj4gVHJ1bXAgcmVh bGx5IGRvZXMgYmVsaWV2ZSBpbiBUaGUgQXBwcmVudGljZSwgYW5kIGJlbGlldmVzIHRoZSBj b3VudHJ5IHNob3VsZCBiZSBydW4gYXMgaWYgaXQgd2VyZSBhIGNvcnBvcmF0aW9uLiBIZW5j ZSwgaGUgaXMgVGhlIEJvc3MsIGFzIGl0IHdlcmUuDQo+Pg0KPj4gVGhlIHNlY29uZCBwcm9i bGVtIGlzIHRoZSBSZXB1YmxpY2FuIG1hbnRyYSBvZiB0aGUgQ29uc3RpdHV0aW9uIChlc3Bl Y2lhbGx5IDEzdGggQW1lbmRtZW50IG9ud2FyZCkgYXMgYSAiZ29kZGFtbmVkIHBpZWNlIG9m IHBhcGVyIiwgc28gdGhleSBkb24ndCBldmVuIGJlbGlldmUgaW4gdGhhdCBzdWJvcmRpbmFu Y2UsIGFuZCBoYXZlIG5vdyBtYW5pcHVsYXRlZCB0aGF0IHRoZXkgcHJvYmFibHkgd2lsbCBo YXZlIHRoZSBmaW5hbCBDb25zdGl0dXRpb25hbCB3b3JkIG9uIGxhdyBmb3IgdGhlIG5leHQg MjAsIGlmIG5vdCBtb3JlLCB5ZWFycy4NCj4+DQo+PiBUaGV5IGJlbGlldmUgaW4gbmVpdGhl ciB0aGUgQ29uc3RpdHV0aW9uIG5vciB0aGUgcGVvcGxlLCBlc3BlY2lhbGx5IHRob3NlIHRo ZXkgZG9uJ3QgZXZlbiBjb25zaWRlciBodW1hbiAoc2VlIGFib3ZlKS4NCj4+PiBFdmVuIHRo ZSBwZW9wbGUgaW4gdGhlIGV4ZWN1dGl2ZSBicmFuY2ggd2hvIGRvIGhhdmUgdG8gZm9sbG93 IHRoZSBwcmVzaWRlbnTigJlzIG9yZGVycyBtYXkgbm90IGZvbGxvdyBvcmRlcnMgdGhhdCBh cmUgdW5sYXdmdWwgb3IgdW5jb25zdGl0dXRpb25hbC4gQmVjYXVzZSBhZ2FpbiwgdGhlIHVs dGltYXRlIHBvbGl0aWNhbCBhdXRob3JpdHkgaW4gb3VyIHN5c3RlbSBpcyBub3QgdmVzdGVk IGluIGEgcGVyc29uLCBidXQgaW4gYSBwaWVjZSBvZiBwYXJjaG1lbnQuDQo+PiBBICJnb2Rk YW1uZWQgcGllY2Ugb2YgcGFwZXIiIG1vc3Qgb2YgdGhlbSBkb24ndCBiZWxpZXZlIGluIGlu IHRoZSBmaXJzdCBwbGFjZSAtLSBlc3BlY2lhbGx5LCBhcyBJIGp1c3Qgc2FpZCwgQW1lbmRt ZW50IDEzIGFuZCBmb3J3YXJkLg0KPj4NCj4+IEFuZCB0aGUgb3RoZXIgcHJvYmxlbSB3aXRo IHRoYXQgaXMgdGhlIGNvbmNlcHQgb2YgdG9vIG1hbnkgcGVvcGxlIGFyZSBhYmxlIHRvIEVO Rk9SQ0UgIkkgQU0gVEhFIExBVyEiIGFuZCwgdGhlcmVmb3JlLCBldmVuIGlmIHRoZSBvcmRl ciBpcyB1bmxhd2Z1bCBvciB1bmNvbnN0aXR1dGlvbmFsLCBhIGxvdCBvZiBnb29kIHRoYXQg ZG9lcyB5b3UgaWYgeW91IGdldCBsb2NrZWQgdXAsIGxvc2UgeW91ciBqb2IgYW5kIHBlcmhh cHMgeW91ciBmYW1pbHkgZm9yIGRpc29iZXlpbmcgaXQuDQo+Pj4gVGhhdOKAmXMgb3VyIHJl Z2ltZSwgYW5kIEkgbG92ZSBpdCByZWdhcmRsZXNzIG9mIHdobyB0aGUgcHJlc2lkZW50IGlz Lg0KPj4gVGhleSBkb24ndC4gQW5kIGl0J3MgYSBsb3QgbW9yZSB0aGFuIGp1c3QgRkpCLiBJ dCdzIHRoZSBmYWN0IG9mIHRoZSBwZW9wbGUgd2hvIGFyZSBhbGxvd2VkIHRvIGV4aXN0IGJl Y2F1c2UgInRoYXQgZ29kZGFtbmVkIHBpZWNlIG9mIHBhcGVyIiBoYXNuJ3QgZ290dGVuIGFy b3VuZCB5ZXQgdG8gYWxsb3cgZm9yIHRoZWlyIGV4dGVybWluYXRpb24uIExvb2sgZm9yIFRy dW1wIHRvIGNoYW5nZSB0aGF0LCBzdGFydGluZyB3aXRoIHRoZSBsb3ctaGFuZ2luZyBmcnVp dCwgaWYgaGUgcmV0YWtlcyBwb3dlci4NCj4+PiBXaGljaCBicmluZ3MgdXMgdG8gdGhlIHNl YXJjaCBhdCBNYXItYS1MYWdvLiBMaWtlIGFsbCB0aGUgcGVvcGxlIGJsZWF0aW5nIGFib3V0 IHRoZSDigJxCaWRlbiByZWdpbWUs4oCdIEkgaGF2ZSBubyBpZGVhIGlmIHNlYXJjaGluZyB0 aGUgZm9ybWVyIHByZXNpZGVudOKAmXMgaG9tZSB3YXMgYSB3aXNlIGRlY2lzaW9uLiBCdXQg ZnJvbSBldmVyeSBhY2NvdW50IEnigJl2ZSByZWFkLCBpdCB3YXMgYSBsYXdmdWwgZGVjaXNp b24uIERpY3RhdG9ycyBkbyBub3QgdHlwaWNhbGx5IHNlZWsgd2FycmFudHMgZnJvbSBqdWRn ZXMgd2hlbiB0aGV5IHNlbmQgcG9saWNlIHRvIHNlYXJjaCB0aGUgaG9tZXMgb2YgdGhlaXIg cG9saXRpY2FsIG9wcG9uZW50cy4gSGVjaywgaWYgdGhlIHJlcG9ydGluZyBpcyB0byBiZSBi ZWxpZXZlZCwgdGhlIFdoaXRlIEhvdXNlIGRpZG7igJl0IGV2ZW4ga25vdyB3aGF0IGhhZCBo YXBwZW5lZCB1bnRpbCBhZnRlciB0aGUgZGVlZCB3YXMgZG9uZS4NCj4+IFdoYXQgaXQgSVMs IHRob3VnaCwgaXMgdGhhdCB0aGUgb25lIHRoaW5nIHlvdSBjYW4gc2F5IHRoZSBSaWdodCB0 ZWxscyB0aGUgdHJ1dGggYWJvdXQgaXQgaXMgc2ltcGxlOiBXZSd2ZSBjcm9zc2VkIHRoZSBS dWJpY29uLCBhbmQsIGVzcGVjaWFsbHkgd2l0aCB0aGUgcmhldG9yaWMgYmVpbmcgcHV0IGZv cndhcmQsIGdvaW5nIGJhY2sgbWF5IHdlbGwgYmUgbmlnaCBpbXBvc3NpYmxlLiBJIHJlbGF0 ZWQgdGhhdCBJIGRvbid0IHRoaW5rIHRoZXJlJ3MgYW4gb3B0aW9uIGxlZnQgd2hpY2ggZG9l cyBub3QgbGVhZCB1cyBkb3duIGEgbmFzdHkgcm9hZC4gSGUgZWl0aGVyIHJlYXNjZW5kcyBh cyBlZmZlY3RpdmUgR29kLUtpbmcsIG9yIGhhcyBkb25lIHNvIG11Y2gsIGhlJ3MgcHV0IHRv IGRlYXRoIGFuZCB0aGUgZW50aXJlIHN5c3RlbSBsb3NlcyBlbm91Z2ggZmFjZSBhbmQgZmFp dGgsIGl0IHByb2JhYmx5IGdvZXMgd2l0aCBoaW0uDQo+Pj4gQWdhaW4sIG5vbmUgb2YgdGhp cyBtZWFucyB0aGF0IHRoZSBET0ogb3IgdGhlIEZCSSBkaWRu4oCZdCBtYWtlIGEgdGVycmli bGUgZGVjaXNpb24gb3Igb3RoZXJ3aXNlIHNjcmV3IHVwLiBXZeKAmXZlIHNlZW4gcGxlbnR5 IG9mIGV2aWRlbmNlIGluIHJlY2VudCB5ZWFycyB0aGF0IHRoZXnigJlyZSBwZXJmZWN0bHkg Y2FwYWJsZSBvZiBib3RoLiBCdXQgaWYgSi4gRWRnYXIgSG9vdmVy4oCZcyBzdGV3YXJkc2hp cCBvZiB0aGUgRkJJIGRpZG7igJl0IGluZGljdCB0aGUgbGVnaXRpbWFjeSBvZiB0aGUgcmVn aW1lLCBJIGRvbuKAmXQgc2VlIGhvdyB0aGlzIGNvdWxkLCBiZWNhdXNlIGdvdmVybm1lbnQg c2NyZXdzIHVwIGFsbCB0aGUgdGltZS4gVGhhdOKAmXMgb25lIG9mIHRoZSByZWFzb25zIHdl IGhhdmUgc28gbWFueSBlbGVjdGlvbnMuIEphbWVzIE1hZGlzb27igJlzIHdob2xlIHZpc2lv biB3YXMgdG8gdXNlIGVsZWN0aW9ucywgYXQgZXZlcnkgbGV2ZWwgb2YgZ292ZXJubWVudCwg YXMgYSByZWd1bGFyIGFuZCBwcmVkaWN0YWJsZSBjbGVhbnNpbmcgdGlkZSB0byBzd2VlcCBh d2F5IHN0YWduYW50IHdhdGVycy4gSW4gZmFjdCwgaWYgdGhlIERPSiBhY3R1YWxseSBoYWQg Z29vZCByZWFzb24gdG8gc2VhcmNoIFRydW1w4oCZcyBob21lLCBtZWV0aW5nIGFsbCBvZiB0 aGUgbGVnYWwgcmVxdWlyZW1lbnRzIG9mIHByb2JhYmxlIGNhdXNlIGV0Yy4sIHdlIHdvdWxk IGhhdmUgbW92ZWQgY2xvc2VyIHRvIGEgYmFuYW5hIHJlcHVibGljIGlmIHRoZXkgdHVybmVk IGEgYmxpbmQgZXllLiBBcyBLZXZpbiBXaWxsaWFtc29uIHdyaXRlczoNCj4+IE9uZSBtYWpv ciByZWFzb246IFRoZSAzMC00MCUgb2YgdGhpcyBjb3VudHJ5IGxpdGVyYWxseSB3YWl0aW5n IHdpdGggYmFpdGVkIGJyZWF0aCBmb3Igb25lIG1hbiB0byBnaXZlIG9uZSBvcmRlcjogT3Bl biBmaXJlLg0KPj4NCj4+IElmIHRoZSBEb0ogb3IgRkJJIHNjcmV3cyB0aGlzIHVwLCB5b3Ug Y2FuIGJldCB0aGF0IHNvbWVvbmUgbmFtZWQgVHJ1bXAgd2lsbCBiZSBjYWxsaW5nIGZvciB0 aGUgc3Rvcm1pbmcgb2YgZXZlcnkgRkJJIG9mZmljZSBpbiB0aGUgbmF0aW9uLg0KPj4NCj4+ IEFuZCBhbm90aGVyIHRoaW5nOiBUaGVzZSBwZW9wbGUsIGVzcGVjaWFsbHkgdGhlIFdoaXRl IE1lbiwgd2FudCB0aGlzIHRvIGJlIFRIRSBMQVNUIENMRUFOU0lORyBieSB0aGUgYmFsbG90 IGJveCwgd2l0aCB0aGUgbmV4dCBiZWluZyB0aGUgY2FydHJpZGdlIGJveC4NCj4+DQo+PiBX aGVuIEhvb3ZlciBzY3Jld2VkIHVwLCBoZSBkaWRuJ3QgaGF2ZSBtaWxsaW9ucyBvZiBXaGl0 ZSBNZW4gd2FudGluZyB0byBraWxsIG90aGVycyBhbmQgcG9zdGluZyB0aGVpciBndW4gcG9y biBvbiB0aGUgSW50ZXJuZXQgYW5kIGNsYWltaW5nIHRoZXkgd2FudGVkIHRvIGRvIHNoaXQg LS0gd2hpbGUgdGhlIHJlc3Qgb2YgdXMgYXJlIHN0aWxsIHdhaXRpbmcgYW5kIHdhbnQgdG8g dGFrZSB0aGVpciAiUHJvdWQgQm95IiB0YXR0b29zIGFuZCBwaG90b3Nob3AgIlB1c3N5IiB3 aGVyZSB0aGV5IGFyZS4NCj4+PiBJZiB3ZSByZWFsbHkgYmVsaWV2ZSwgYXMgd2Ugc2F5IHdl IGJlbGlldmUsIHRoYXQgdGhpcyBpcyBhIHJlcHVibGljLCB0aGF0IG5vYm9keSBpcyBhYm92 ZSB0aGUgbGF3LCB0aGF0IHRoZSBwcmVzaWRlbmN5IGlzIGp1c3QgYSB0ZW1wb3JhcnkgZXhl Y3V0aXZlLWJyYW5jaCBvZmZpY2UgcmF0aGVyIHRoYW4gYSBxdWFzaS1yb3lhbCBlbnRpdGxl bWVudCwgdGhlbiB0aGVyZSBpcyBub3RoaW5nIGFsbCB0aGF0IHJlbWFya2FibGUgYWJvdXQg dGhlIEZCSSBzZXJ2aW5nIGEgd2FycmFudCBvbiBhIGhvdXNlIGluIEZsb3JpZGEuIEkgbXlz ZWxmIGRvIG5vdCBmaW5kIGl0IGVzcGVjaWFsbHkgZGlmZmljdWx0IHRvIGJlbGlldmUgdGhh dCB0aGVyZSBleGlzdHMgcmVhc29uYWJsZSBjYXVzZSBmb3Igc3VjaCBhIHdhcnJhbnQuIEFu ZCBpZiB0aGUgZmVkcyBoYXZlIGdvdCBpdCB3cm9uZywgdGhhdCB3b3VsZG7igJl0IGJlIHRo ZSBmaXJzdCB0aW1lLiBUaG9zZSBzby1jYWxsZWQgY29uc2VydmF0aXZlcyB3aG8gYXJlIHB1 YmxpY2x5IGZhbnRhc2l6aW5nIGFib3V0IGFuIEZCSSBwdXJnZSB1bmRlciB0aGUgbmV4dCBS ZXB1YmxpY2FuIGFkbWluaXN0cmF0aW9uIGFyZSBlbmdhZ2VkIGluIGEgcGFydGljdWxhcmx5 IHN0dXBpZCBmb3JtIG9mIGlycmVzcG9uc2liaWxpdHkuDQo+PiBBbmQgeW91IGp1c3QgYmFz aWNhbGx5IG1hZGUgdGhlIGZhbHNlIHByZW1pc2UuIChOb3QgdGhhdCBJIHNsYW0geW91IGZv ciBkb2luZyBzbyAtLSB0aGVzZSBwZW9wbGUgYmVsaWV2ZSBUcnVtcCB3YXMgYW5vaW50ZWQg YnkgR29kIHRvIGtpbGwgdGhlIHVzZWxlc3MsIHRoZSBMR0JUUSdzLCBhbmQgYW55b25lIGVs c2UgImluIHRoZSB3YXkiLikNCj4+DQo+PiBJbiBzaG9ydCwgaWYgaGUgc3VjY2VlZHMsIGEg c2Vjb25kIE1hbmlmZXN0IERlc3RpbnkgdG8gcmV0YWtlIHRoZSBjb3VudHJ5ICh3aXRoIGxl dGhhbCBmb3JjZSBpbiBwbGFjZXMgbGlrZSBDYWxpZm9ybmlhLCBXYXNoaW5ndG9uLCBPcmVn b24sIENoaWNhZ28sIEJhbHRpbW9yZSBlc3BlY2lhbGx5IC0tIGFuZCBtb3JlISkgZnJvbSBz ZWEgdG8gc2hpbmluZyBzZWEuDQo+Pj4gQnkgYWxsIG1lYW5zLCB2b3RlIEJpZGVuIG91dCBv ZiBvZmZpY2UuIEkgZG9u4oCZdCB0aGluayBoZeKAmXMgdXAgdG8gdGhlIGpvYiBhbmQgSSB0 aGluayBtb3N0IG9mIGhpcyBwb2xpY2llcyBoYXZlIGJlZW4gYmFkLiBCcmluZyBvbiB0aGUg Y2xlYW5zaW5nIHRpZGUuDQo+PiBJIGRvbid0IHRoaW5rIHlvdSBjYW4gYWZmb3JkIHRoZSBh bHRlcm5hdGl2ZSB1bmxlc3MgeW91IHdhbnQgdGhlICJvdGhlcnMiIGRlYWQuDQo+Pg0KPj4g QXMgZm9yIG1lLCBJIGZlbHQgaXQncyBlaXRoZXIgdm90ZSBUcnVtcCBvdXQgKHJlZ2FyZGxl c3Mgb2YgdGhlIG9wcG9uZW50KSwgdGFrZSB0aGUgZml2ZSB5ZWFycyBpbiBwcmlzb24gZm9y IHRocmVhdGVuaW5nIGhpcyBsaWZlIGluIGEgc2Vjb25kIHRlcm0sIG9yIGdvIHZpb2xlbnQg YW5kIGRpZSBhcyBhIHJlc3VsdCwgU2NoaWZmZXItc3R5bGUuDQo+Pg0KPj4gSSBuZXZlciBm ZWx0IEJpZGVuIHdvdWxkIGxhc3Qgc2l4IG1vbnRocyBpbiB0aGUgb2ZmaWNlIG9mIFByZXNp ZGVudCAtLSBidXQgb25lIGV4YW1pbmF0aW9uIG9mIHRoZSBjdXJyZW50IGxlZ2lzbGF0aXZl IGltcG9zc2liaWxpdHkgYSBQcmVzaWRlbnRpYWwgcmVzaWduYXRpb24gd291bGQgY3JlYXRl IChpbiBzaG9ydCwgbm8gVmljZSBQcmVzaWRlbnQgd291bGQgYmUgc2VhdGVkIHVubGVzcyB0 aGUgRGVtcyB3aW4gdGhlIFNlbmF0ZSBvdXRyaWdodCkgaW5kaWNhdGVzIHdoeSB3ZSBoYXZl bid0IGhhZCBQcmVzaWRlbnQgS2FtYWxhIEhhcnJpcyBmb3IgdGhlIGxhc3QgMTIgbW9udGhz Lg0KPj4NCj4+IChBbmQgYnJpbmcgb24gdGhlIFJpZ2h0aWUgdGVhcnMgYXQgVEhBVCByZXN1 bHQhKQ0KPj4+IEJ1dCB3aGF0IEkgY2Fu4oCZdCBnZXQgbXkgaGVhZCBhcm91bmQgaXMgdGhl IGlkZWEgdGhhdCB0aGUgc29sdXRpb24gdG8gb3VyIGFsbGVnZWRseSBiYW5hbmlmeWluZyBy ZWdpbWUgaXMgdG8gcHV0IHRoYXQgYnJvd25pbmcsIG1lYWx5LCBnaWFudCBiYW5hbmEgYmFj ayBpbnRvIHBvd2VyLg0KPj4gVHdvIHdvcmRzLCBraWQ6IE9wZW4gZmlyZS4gQWxsIGhlIGhh cyB0byBkbyBpcyBnaXZlIHRoZSBvcmRlciwgYW5kIHlvdXIgcXVlc3Rpb24gd2lsbCBiZSBh bnN3ZXJlZCBpbiBpbmdsb3Jpb3VzIGRldGFpbC4NCj4+PiBMZXTigJlzIHJldHVybuKAlGp1 c3Qgb25lIG1vcmUgdGltZeKAlHRvIHRoYXQgdGhvdWdodCBleHBlcmltZW50LiBXaGF0IEkg bGVmdCBvdXQgaXMgdGhhdCB0aGUgb3VzdGVkIHJ1bGVyIHNlZWtpbmcgdG8gcmV0dXJuIHRv IHBvd2VyIHdob3NlIGhvbWUgd2FzIHNlYXJjaGVkIGhhZCB0cmllZCB0byBzdGVhbCB0aGUg bGFzdCBlbGVjdGlvbiBieSBzcHJlYWRpbmcgbGllcyBhYm91dCBpdHMgbGVnaXRpbWFjeSBh bmQgdHJlYXRpbmcgdGhlIENvbnN0aXR1dGlvbiBsaWtlIGEgZGVhZCBsZXR0ZXIuIEhlIGRl Y2xhcmVkIHZpY3RvcnkgZGVzcGl0ZSBiZWluZyBhc3N1cmVkIGhlIGxvc3QgYnkgaGlzIG93 biBhdHRvcm5leSBnZW5lcmFsIGFuZCBjYW1wYWlnbiBtYW5hZ2VyLiBIZSB3YW50ZWQgdGhl IERPSiB0byBzaW1wbHkgZGVjbGFyZSB0aGUgZWxlY3Rpb24gY29ycnVwdCBzbyBoZSBjb3Vs ZCBkbyB0aGUgcmVzdC4gSGUgdG95ZWQgd2l0aCB0aGUgaWRlYSBvZiB1c2luZyB0aGUgbWls aXRhcnkgdG8gc2VpemUgdm90aW5nIG1hY2hpbmVzIGFzIHNvbWUgc29ydCBvZiBwcmV0ZXh0 dWFsIHRoZWF0ZXIuIEhlIHJhaWxlZCBhdCBoaXMgU3VwcmVtZSBDb3VydCBhcHBvaW50ZWVz IGZvciB0aGVpciBsYWNrIG9mIHBlcnNvbmFsIGxveWFsdHkgd2hlbiB0aGV5IGZhaWxlZCB0 byBnbyBhbG9uZyB3aXRoIGhpcyBzY2hlbWUuIEhlIHdhbnRlZCB0byBhcHBvaW50IGEgZGVs dWRlZCBhbmQgcGxpYWJsZSBmbHVua3kgYXMgdGhlIGhlYWQgb2YgdGhlIERPSiBiZWNhdXNl IGhlIHdhcyB3aWxsaW5nIHRvIHJ1biB3aWxkIHdpdGggcHJvcGFnYW5kYSBhYm91dCB0aGUg ZWxlY3Rpb24gYmVpbmcgc3RvbGVuLiBIZSBpbnZpdGVkIGEgbW9iIHRvIHRoZSBjYXBpdG9s IHRvIHNjYXJlIENvbmdyZXNzIGludG8gaGVscGluZyBoaW0gc3RlYWwgdGhlIGVsZWN0aW9u IGFuZCBkaWQgbm90aGluZyBmb3IgaG91cnMgd2hlbiB0aGUgcmFiYmxlIHR1cm5lZCB2aW9s ZW50IGFuZCBldmVuIGVyZWN0ZWQgYSBnYWxsb3dzIHRvIGhhbmcgaGlzIG93biB2aWNlIHBy ZXNpZGVudC4gSGUgYW5kIGhpcyBqdW50YSBub3cgdGFsayBhYm91dCB0aGVzZSBjcmltaW5h bHMgYXMgaWYgdGhleSBhcmUgcG9saXRpY2FsIHByaXNvbmVycyB1bmp1c3RseSBwZXJzZWN1 dGVkIGJ5IGEgY29ycnVwdCByZWdpbWUuDQo+PiBPbmUgbWFuJ3MgdGVycm9yaXN0IGlzIGFu b3RoZXIncyBmcmVlZG9tIGZpZ2h0ZXIuDQo+Pj4gSWYgeW914oCZcmUgd29ycmllZCBhYm91 dCBBbWVyaWNhIGxvb2tpbmcgbGlrZSBhIGJhbmFuYSByZXB1YmxpYywgcGxlYXNlIGRvbuKA mXQgdGVsbCBtZSB0aGF0IHRoZSBmaXJzdCBwcmVzaWRlbnQgaW4gQW1lcmljYW4gaGlzdG9y eSB0byBkZWZlY2F0ZSBvbiB0aGUgcGVhY2VmdWwgdHJhbnNmZXIgb2YgcG93ZXIgaXMgdGhl IGFudGlkb3RlIHRvIHRoZSByb3Qgb2YgVGhpcmQgV29ybGQgY29ycnVwdGlvbiBvZiBvdXIg cmVnaW1lLiBIZSBpcyB0aGUgcm90Lg0KPj4gTm90IHF1aXRlLiBJIHRoaW5rIHRoZWlyIGFu dGlkb3RlIGlzIHRoZSBibG9vZCBvZiAxMDAgbWlsbGlvbiBnb2RsZXNzLCB1c2VsZXNzLCB1 bkFtZXJpY2FuIHR5cGVzLg0KPj4NCj4+IE1pa2UNCj4gDQo+IENsaWZmcz8NCg0KVGhlcmUg YXJlIGZldyBoZXJlIHRoYXQgYXJlIG9sZCBlbm91Z2ggdG8gcmVtZW1iZXIgdHJ1ZSBBbWVy aWNhbiANCmNvbnNlcnZhdGlzbS4NCg0KLS0gDQrDhExTS0FSIC0gRsOkbmdhIERhZ2VuDQoN CtCh0LvQsNCy0LAg0KPQutGA0LDRl9C90ZYg0YLQsCDQndCQ0KLQng0K

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Michael Falkner@21:1/5 to Ken Olson on Sat Aug 13 05:14:45 2022
    On Saturday, August 13, 2022 at 4:57:19 AM UTC-7, Ken Olson wrote:

I agree. Everything has slid towards centralization of power and away
    from the people.

Problem is: That's the same idea the GQP has -- that the people should have the right to kill, as they did when they lynched the Blacks in the name of States Rights, etc.

Mike

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Ken Olson@21:1/5 to Michael Falkner on Sat Aug 13 07:57:14 2022
    On 8/13/2022 4:02 AM, Michael Falkner wrote:
    On Saturday, August 13, 2022 at 12:18:29 AM UTC-7, Ken Olson wrote:

There are few here that are old enough to remember true American
    conservatism.

Which is why the present Republican Party would view them as traitors.

Mike (Seriously...)

from the people.

--
    ÄLSKAR - Fänga Dagen

Слава Україні та НАТО

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Ken Olson@21:1/5 to Michael Falkner on Sat Aug 13 09:42:21 2022
    On 8/13/2022 8:14 AM, Michael Falkner wrote:
    On Saturday, August 13, 2022 at 4:57:19 AM UTC-7, Ken Olson wrote:

from the people.

Problem is: That's the same idea the GQP has -- that the people should have the right to kill, as they did when they lynched the Blacks in the name of States Rights, etc.

Mike

People have the right to kill if that is a reasonable response to the
    force they're fighting against. Lynchings were (are) murder.

--
    ÄLSKAR - Fänga Dagen

Слава Україні та НАТО

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Michael Falkner@21:1/5 to Ken Olson on Sat Aug 13 19:45:37 2022
    On Saturday, August 13, 2022 at 6:42:26 AM UTC-7, Ken Olson wrote:

People have the right to kill if that is a reasonable response to the
    force they're fighting against. Lynchings were (are) murder.

If the state doesn't want the targets dead by refusing to enforce it.

This is one of the traps of the presumption of innocence.

Mike

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Con Reeder, unhyphenated American@21:1/5 to JGibson on Sun Aug 14 06:28:53 2022
    On 2022-08-12, JGibson <james.m.gibson@gmail.com> wrote:

that might have brought up a Goldberg article before? Enright, Con
    Reeder, and Wonko?

Certainly me. I am a big Jonah fan. His current focus -- probably due
    to his change of networks from Fox to CNN -- is not my cup of tea, but
    I still read the G-File and agree with a lot of what he says. But like
    him, I mostly despair of the hot mess which is both of our political
    parties. The biggest problem we have is the outrageous
    authoritarianism of our current thinly-divided government. Democrats add government programs any time they can, counting on the difficulty of
    cutting them to ensure the persistance of the bloat.

Now we are going to add 87,000 government pensions to the bill we are
    adding up for our grandchildren. If it was 87,000 cops to help fight
    the crime wave blue cities are self-inflicting, probably that wouldn't
    be so unpopular. But when it is an expansion to take us to a 3X per-
    capita level of tax enforcers compared to Europe, one which is certain
    to bring the productivity of the IRS down to third-world levels, it is
    insane and one hopes unpopular. The contention that those workers will
    only pursue the rich is a blatant lie, one that anyone should be particularly embarrassed about parroting.

I despair of either of the parties, but certainly would prefer the
    Republicans having the chance to change the direction of things. A huge majority thinks we're on the wrong track, and they ain't wrong.

--
    Experience is what allows you to recognize a mistake the second time you
    make it. -- unknown

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From xyzzy@21:1/5 to unhyphenated American on Sun Aug 14 13:09:41 2022
    Con Reeder, unhyphenated American <constance@duxmail.com> wrote:
    He hasn't been quoted much lately on rsfc, which seems like an oversight. >>
    Reeder, and Wonko?

authoritarianism of our current thinly-divided government. Democrats add government programs any time they can, counting on the difficulty of

adding up for our grandchildren.

I know you’re used to Illinois state pensions which are crazy generous. Fed pensions exist but they aren’t nearly as generous. It’s about 1/3 of what most people would consider a full pension, especially in Illinois where my
    FIL is a retired teacher. The Fed policy since 1983 has been yeah you have
    a pension but you also need a 401k (or whatever it’s called in the public sector) and social security.

--
    “I usually skip over your posts because of your disguistng, contrarian, liberal personality.” — Altie

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From xyzzy@21:1/5 to unhyphenated American on Sun Aug 14 13:46:57 2022
    He hasn't been quoted much lately on rsfc, which seems like an oversight. >>
    Reeder, and Wonko?

authoritarianism of our current thinly-divided government.

Btw I think what you are referring to as “the authoritarianism of our
    current thinly-divided government” is actually Democrats finally learning
    how to exercise political power in a way that Republicans have been doing
    for years. The only real difference is just you like the enacted policies
    in one case and you don’t in the other.

I would submit that calling a lame-duck legislative session to strip the winners of power after you lose an election (as Republicans did In
    Wisconsin and North Carolina) is more authoritarian than passing major legislation on a 51-50 Senate vote, especially when the president pushing
    that agenda won his election by more than seven million votes. I’d also
    argue that a system where the party or candidate that is more popular has
    to win by seven million votes and nearly 5 percentage points of the vote to actually narrowly win is also authoritarian minority rule. Some of that
    latter part is endemic to our system but some is by deliberate design ,
    like gerrymandering.

Finally I would argue that a party nominating candidates for state offices
    who assert the right to override their voters in awarding electoral votes
    is straight-up authoritarian if not borderline fascist. Speaking of which,
    a party that stands behind an ex-president who not only attempted a coup on live TV but also demanded that American generals show the same loyalty to
    him that (he incorrectly thought) German generals did to Hitler is more
    than just borderline fascist.

--

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Michael Falkner@21:1/5 to unhyphenated American on Sun Aug 14 09:54:18 2022
    On Saturday, August 13, 2022 at 11:28:57 PM UTC-7, Con Reeder, unhyphenated American wrote:

adding up for our grandchildren. If it was 87,000 cops to help fight
    the crime wave blue cities are self-inflicting, probably that wouldn't
    be so unpopular. But when it is an expansion to take us to a 3X per-
    capita level of tax enforcers compared to Europe, one which is certain
    to bring the productivity of the IRS down to third-world levels, it is
    insane and one hopes unpopular. The contention that those workers will
    only pursue the rich is a blatant lie, one that anyone should be particularly embarrassed about parroting.

I despair of either of the parties, but certainly would prefer the Republicans having the chance to change the direction of things. A huge majority thinks we're on the wrong track, and they ain't wrong.

Then you do realize you're gonna have to shoot your way out, do you not?

Mike

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Con Reeder, unhyphenated American@21:1/5 to xyzzy on Mon Aug 15 08:27:21 2022
    On 2022-08-14, xyzzy <xyzzy.dude@gmail.com> wrote:
    He hasn't been quoted much lately on rsfc, which seems like an oversight. >>>
    Reeder, and Wonko?

Btw I think what you are referring to as “the authoritarianism of our current thinly-divided government” is actually Democrats finally learning how to exercise political power in a way that Republicans have been doing

You want more money and power flowing to the federal government, I want less. More guns extorting money from me means government sticking their noses in
    my business.

I would submit that calling a lame-duck legislative session to strip the winners of power after you lose an election (as Republicans did In
    Wisconsin and North Carolina) is more authoritarian than passing major legislation on a 51-50 Senate vote, especially when the president pushing that agenda won his election by more than seven million votes.

And how else are you going to make temporary a government program? Hmm?

I’d also
    to win by seven million votes and nearly 5 percentage points of the vote to actually narrowly win is also authoritarian minority rule. Some of that latter part is endemic to our system but some is by deliberate design ,
    like gerrymandering.

It is our system, and that system has made us the most stable dynamic country in history. Good on us.

Finally I would argue that a party nominating candidates for state offices who assert the right to override their voters in awarding electoral votes
    is straight-up authoritarian if not borderline fascist.

Can't disagree with that.

Speaking of which,
    a party that stands behind an ex-president who not only attempted a coup on live TV but also demanded that American generals show the same loyalty to

Attempted a coup? Don't make me laugh. Fantasy coups are not a coup. Interesting that the most armed population in history attempted an
    unarmed coup... It is no wonder that the current administration is not
    taken seriously, trying to put over ridiculous tripe like that.

--
    It's tough being a conservative white male. You get up in the morning
    knowing there are blacks to oppress, women to demean, an entire
    ecological environment to pollute, unions to squash, children to
    endanger, identity groups to offend, tax loopholes to exploit, and
    countless acts of hatred to commit. With all that work to be done at
    least your day goes quickly. -- Bobber Fleck

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Con Reeder, unhyphenated American@21:1/5 to xyzzy on Mon Aug 15 08:20:37 2022
    He hasn't been quoted much lately on rsfc, which seems like an oversight. >>>
    Reeder, and Wonko?

authoritarianism of our current thinly-divided government. Democrats add
    government programs any time they can, counting on the difficulty of

I know you’re used to Illinois state pensions which are crazy generous. Fed pensions exist but they aren’t nearly as generous. It’s about 1/3 of what most people would consider a full pension, especially in Illinois where my FIL is a retired teacher. The Fed policy since 1983 has been yeah you have
    a pension but you also need a 401k (or whatever it’s called in the public sector) and social security.

We still don't need 87,000 more. And why do we need a 5X per-capita
    agent population compared to Switzerland? Sounds like a nascent police
    state to me.

A flat tax would prevent tax cheating and reduce enforcement costs to the minimum. Of course politicians really, really, don't want it because it reduces their graft opportunities dramatically.

--
    Give me a young man in whom there is something of the old,
    and an old man with something of the young. -- Cicero

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From xyzzy@21:1/5 to unhyphenated American on Mon Aug 15 12:56:15 2022
    He hasn't been quoted much lately on rsfc, which seems like an oversight. >>>>
    Sign that the newsgroup is dwindling. What conservatives are even here >>>> that might have brought up a Goldberg article before? Enright, Con
    Reeder, and Wonko?

authoritarianism of our current thinly-divided government. Democrats add >>> government programs any time they can, counting on the difficulty of

I know you’re used to Illinois state pensions which are crazy generous. Fed
    pensions exist but they aren’t nearly as generous. It’s about 1/3 of what
    most people would consider a full pension, especially in Illinois where my >> FIL is a retired teacher. The Fed policy since 1983 has been yeah you have >> a pension but you also need a 401k (or whatever it’s called in the public >> sector) and social security.

state to me.

Using Switzerland as a comparison point sounds like a cherry pick. Of all western counties why choose Switzerland?

Also not all of that money is for auditors. It’s also for long delayed technology updates which I’m familiar with because sadly my employer
    totally blew the last attempt to modernize their tech over 10 years ago.
    Surely you’ve seen this:

https://news.yahoo.com/amphtml/one-photo-irs-cafeteria-overstuffed-200607832.html

A flat tax would prevent tax cheating and reduce enforcement costs to the minimum. Of course politicians really, really, don't want it because it reduces
    their graft opportunities dramatically.

A flat tax would do no such thing since most cheating is in the area of defining and hiding income. No matter how flat taxes are that will
    continue. Unless for example your flat tax is based on business gross not
    net?

--

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From xyzzy@21:1/5 to unhyphenated American on Mon Aug 15 13:00:40 2022
    He hasn't been quoted much lately on rsfc, which seems like an oversight. >>>>
    Sign that the newsgroup is dwindling. What conservatives are even here >>>> that might have brought up a Goldberg article before? Enright, Con
    Reeder, and Wonko?

current thinly-divided government” is actually Democrats finally learning >> how to exercise political power in a way that Republicans have been doing

You want more money and power flowing to the federal government, I want less. More guns extorting money from me means government sticking their noses in
    my business.

I would submit that calling a lame-duck legislative session to strip the
    winners of power after you lose an election (as Republicans did In
    Wisconsin and North Carolina) is more authoritarian than passing major
    legislation on a 51-50 Senate vote, especially when the president pushing
    that agenda won his election by more than seven million votes.

I have no idea how that relates to my point above.

I’d also
    to win by seven million votes and nearly 5 percentage points of the vote to >> actually narrowly win is also authoritarian minority rule. Some of that
    latter part is endemic to our system but some is by deliberate design ,
    like gerrymandering.

It is our system, and that system has made us the most stable dynamic country in history. Good on us.

It has worked remarkably well in general but there have been multiple times
    it has failed to deliver a democratic result, not all of them recently. For example 1876 and the results of that failure had the real effect of
    imposing Jim Crow for generations.

Finally I would argue that a party nominating candidates for state offices >> who assert the right to override their voters in awarding electoral votes
    is straight-up authoritarian if not borderline fascist.

Speaking of which,
    a party that stands behind an ex-president who not only attempted a coup on >> live TV but also demanded that American generals show the same loyalty to

Attempted a coup? Don't make me laugh. Fantasy coups are not a coup.

Keep telling yourself that. “Fantasy coup” is just another way of saying “attempted coup”. Trump’s lack of success does not negate the attempt.

And he still demanded Hitler-esque (his framing not mine) loyalty from
    American generals, which affected his Republican support not one iota.

--

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Con Reeder, unhyphenated American@21:1/5 to xyzzy on Tue Aug 16 09:41:48 2022
    On 2022-08-15, xyzzy <xyzzy.dude@gmail.com> wrote:

Sign that the newsgroup is dwindling. What conservatives are even here >>>>> that might have brought up a Goldberg article before? Enright, Con
    Reeder, and Wonko?

to his change of networks from Fox to CNN -- is not my cup of tea, but >>>> I still read the G-File and agree with a lot of what he says. But like >>>> him, I mostly despair of the hot mess which is both of our political
    authoritarianism of our current thinly-divided government. Democrats add >>>> government programs any time they can, counting on the difficulty of

most people would consider a full pension, especially in Illinois where my >>> FIL is a retired teacher. The Fed policy since 1983 has been yeah you have >>> a pension but you also need a 401k (or whatever it’s called in the public >>> sector) and social security.

state to me.

Using Switzerland as a comparison point sounds like a cherry pick. Of all western counties why choose Switzerland?

I cited 3X for the average European country in another post.

Also not all of that money is for auditors. It’s also for long delayed technology updates which I’m familiar with because sadly my employer totally blew the last attempt to modernize their tech over 10 years ago.

That doesn't require permanent employees. Certainly something better done
    by the proper use of the private sector.

Surely you’ve seen this:

https://news.yahoo.com/amphtml/one-photo-irs-cafeteria-overstuffed-200607832.html

So they've badly misused money they've been given so we should give them
    more? That's the K-12 public sector model, and it results in a progressively worse product.

A flat tax would prevent tax cheating and reduce enforcement costs to the
    minimum. Of course politicians really, really, don't want it because it reduces
    their graft opportunities dramatically.

A flat tax would do no such thing since most cheating is in the area of defining and hiding income. No matter how flat taxes are that will
    continue. Unless for example your flat tax is based on business gross not net?

Of course there is always some wiggle room, but eliminating exclusions and deductions
    writ large there is much less scope.

--
    Being against torture ought to be sort of a bipartisan thing.
    O-- Karl Lehenbauer

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Con Reeder, unhyphenated American@21:1/5 to xyzzy on Tue Aug 16 09:52:09 2022

Sign that the newsgroup is dwindling. What conservatives are even here >>>>> that might have brought up a Goldberg article before? Enright, Con
    Reeder, and Wonko?

to his change of networks from Fox to CNN -- is not my cup of tea, but >>>> I still read the G-File and agree with a lot of what he says. But like >>>> him, I mostly despair of the hot mess which is both of our political

current thinly-divided government” is actually Democrats finally learning >>> how to exercise political power in a way that Republicans have been doing >>> for years. The only real difference is just you like the enacted policies >>> in one case and you don’t in the other.

You want more money and power flowing to the federal government, I want less.
    More guns extorting money from me means government sticking their noses in >> my business.

I would submit that calling a lame-duck legislative session to strip the >>> winners of power after you lose an election (as Republicans did In
    Wisconsin and North Carolina) is more authoritarian than passing major
    legislation on a 51-50 Senate vote, especially when the president pushing >>> that agenda won his election by more than seven million votes.

Spoken like a man who wants the ratchet of federal government growth
    to be unopposed. When the federal government controlled 4% of GDP, we had
    no lobbyist problem -- it wasn't worth the effort. Now that it influences
    over 40%, everyone has to have a lobbyist to protect themself.

I’d also
    argue that a system where the party or candidate that is more popular has >>> to win by seven million votes and nearly 5 percentage points of the vote to >>> actually narrowly win is also authoritarian minority rule. Some of that >>> latter part is endemic to our system but some is by deliberate design ,
    like gerrymandering.

It is our system, and that system has made us the most stable dynamic country
    in history. Good on us.

It has worked remarkably well in general but there have been multiple times it has failed to deliver a democratic result, not all of them recently.

That might be because we are a republic.

For example 1876 and the results of that failure had the real effect
    of imposing Jim Crow for generations.

Arguable that one man performed that -- it was a team effort. The
    Democrats made sure that victory didn't get deposed for another 90
    years.

Finally I would argue that a party nominating candidates for state offices >>> who assert the right to override their voters in awarding electoral votes >>> is straight-up authoritarian if not borderline fascist.

Speaking of which,
    a party that stands behind an ex-president who not only attempted a coup on >>> live TV but also demanded that American generals show the same loyalty to >>> him that (he incorrectly thought) German generals did to Hitler is more

Keep telling yourself that. “Fantasy coup” is just another way of saying “attempted coup”. Trump’s lack of success does not negate the attempt.

When an infant punches a grown man and fails, it doesn't make it a boxing match. It makes it a fantasy.

And he still demanded Hitler-esque (his framing not mine) loyalty from American generals, which affected his Republican support not one iota.

Have you ever heard me claim Trump isn't a narcissistic nincompoop? You have not. My only claim is that he is better than Biden and that he achieved some decent results, dumb luck that it might have been. The worst non-interventionist
    President is far better than any interventionist one. Trump would not have caused
    oil to spike in price like Biden did, and wouldn't have spent the extra 2 trillion
    dollars. That would -- in my judgement of course -- greatly reduced the impact of
    COVID on the economy. (A lot if it was baked in of course by the idiotic lockdown.)

--
    For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled. -- Dick Feynman

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From xyzzy@21:1/5 to unhyphenated American on Tue Aug 16 13:12:16 2022

Sign that the newsgroup is dwindling. What conservatives are even here >>>>>> that might have brought up a Goldberg article before? Enright, Con >>>>>> Reeder, and Wonko?

Certainly me. I am a big Jonah fan. His current focus -- probably due >>>>> to his change of networks from Fox to CNN -- is not my cup of tea, but >>>>> I still read the G-File and agree with a lot of what he says. But like >>>>> him, I mostly despair of the hot mess which is both of our political >>>>> parties. The biggest problem we have is the outrageous
    authoritarianism of our current thinly-divided government. Democrats add >>>>> government programs any time they can, counting on the difficulty of >>>>> cutting them to ensure the persistance of the bloat.

Now we are going to add 87,000 government pensions to the bill we are >>>>> adding up for our grandchildren.

most people would consider a full pension, especially in Illinois where my >>>> FIL is a retired teacher. The Fed policy since 1983 has been yeah you have >>>> a pension but you also need a 401k (or whatever it’s called in the public
    sector) and social security.

state to me.

Using Switzerland as a comparison point sounds like a cherry pick. Of all
    western counties why choose Switzerland?

Also not all of that money is for auditors. It’s also for long delayed
    technology updates which I’m familiar with because sadly my employer

Having seen first hand the way private IT contractors interact with the government, both as an employee of one and as the husband of a civil
    servant who deals with IT contractors, absolutely not. One thing thing more dysfunctional then federal bureaucracy is federal IT contracting. And it’s not all the fault of the Feds and how they’re organized. Private sector IT contracting ain’t so well done either. Not enough time to get into it but over promising and under bidding to win business you can’t possibly
    complete on the promised terms is endemic.

Of course there is always some wiggle room, but eliminating exclusions and deductions

Which exclusions and deductions? Should we start with, for example, depreciation?

--

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Ken Olson@21:1/5 to unhyphenated American on Tue Aug 16 10:34:53 2022
    On 8/16/2022 5:52 AM, Con Reeder, unhyphenated American wrote:

Sign that the newsgroup is dwindling. What conservatives are even here >>>>>> that might have brought up a Goldberg article before? Enright, Con >>>>>> Reeder, and Wonko?

Certainly me. I am a big Jonah fan. His current focus -- probably due >>>>> to his change of networks from Fox to CNN -- is not my cup of tea, but >>>>> I still read the G-File and agree with a lot of what he says. But like >>>>> him, I mostly despair of the hot mess which is both of our political >>>>> parties. The biggest problem we have is the outrageous

Btw I think what you are referring to as “the authoritarianism of our >>>> current thinly-divided government” is actually Democrats finally learning
    how to exercise political power in a way that Republicans have been doing >>>> for years. The only real difference is just you like the enacted policies >>>> in one case and you don’t in the other.

You want more money and power flowing to the federal government, I want less.
    More guns extorting money from me means government sticking their noses in >>> my business.

I would submit that calling a lame-duck legislative session to strip the >>>> winners of power after you lose an election (as Republicans did In
    Wisconsin and North Carolina) is more authoritarian than passing major >>>> legislation on a 51-50 Senate vote, especially when the president pushing >>>> that agenda won his election by more than seven million votes.

Spoken like a man who wants the ratchet of federal government growth
    to be unopposed. When the federal government controlled 4% of GDP, we had
    no lobbyist problem -- it wasn't worth the effort. Now that it influences over 40%, everyone has to have a lobbyist to protect themself.

I’d also
    argue that a system where the party or candidate that is more popular has >>>> to win by seven million votes and nearly 5 percentage points of the vote to
    actually narrowly win is also authoritarian minority rule. Some of that >>>> latter part is endemic to our system but some is by deliberate design , >>>> like gerrymandering.

It is our system, and that system has made us the most stable dynamic country
    in history. Good on us.

It has worked remarkably well in general but there have been multiple times >> it has failed to deliver a democratic result, not all of them recently.

That might be because we are a republic.

For example 1876 and the results of that failure had the real effect
    of imposing Jim Crow for generations.

Arguable that one man performed that -- it was a team effort. The
    Democrats made sure that victory didn't get deposed for another 90
    years.

Finally I would argue that a party nominating candidates for state offices >>>> who assert the right to override their voters in awarding electoral votes >>>> is straight-up authoritarian if not borderline fascist.

Speaking of which,
    a party that stands behind an ex-president who not only attempted a coup on
    live TV but also demanded that American generals show the same loyalty to >>>> him that (he incorrectly thought) German generals did to Hitler is more >>>> than just borderline fascist.

Keep telling yourself that. “Fantasy coup” is just another way of saying >> “attempted coup”. Trump’s lack of success does not negate the attempt.

When an infant punches a grown man and fails, it doesn't make it a boxing match. It makes it a fantasy.

And he still demanded Hitler-esque (his framing not mine) loyalty from
    American generals, which affected his Republican support not one iota.

Have you ever heard me claim Trump isn't a narcissistic nincompoop? You have not. My only claim is that he is better than Biden and that he achieved some decent results, dumb luck that it might have been. The worst non-interventionist
    President is far better than any interventionist one. Trump would not have caused
    oil to spike in price like Biden did, and wouldn't have spent the extra 2 trillion
    dollars. That would -- in my judgement of course -- greatly reduced the impact of
    COVID on the economy. (A lot if it was baked in of course by the idiotic lockdown.)

+1

--
    ÄLSKAR - Fänga Dagen

Слава Україні та НАТО

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Ken Olson@21:1/5 to xyzzy on Tue Aug 16 10:37:25 2022
    On 8/16/2022 9:12 AM, xyzzy wrote:

Sign that the newsgroup is dwindling. What conservatives are even here >>>>>>> that might have brought up a Goldberg article before? Enright, Con >>>>>>> Reeder, and Wonko?

Certainly me. I am a big Jonah fan. His current focus -- probably due >>>>>> to his change of networks from Fox to CNN -- is not my cup of tea, but >>>>>> I still read the G-File and agree with a lot of what he says. But like >>>>>> him, I mostly despair of the hot mess which is both of our political >>>>>> parties. The biggest problem we have is the outrageous
    authoritarianism of our current thinly-divided government. Democrats add >>>>>> government programs any time they can, counting on the difficulty of >>>>>> cutting them to ensure the persistance of the bloat.

Now we are going to add 87,000 government pensions to the bill we are >>>>>> adding up for our grandchildren.

most people would consider a full pension, especially in Illinois where my
    a pension but you also need a 401k (or whatever it’s called in the public

agent population compared to Switzerland? Sounds like a nascent police >>>> state to me.

Using Switzerland as a comparison point sounds like a cherry pick. Of all >>> western counties why choose Switzerland?

Also not all of that money is for auditors. It’s also for long delayed >>> technology updates which I’m familiar with because sadly my employer

Having seen first hand the way private IT contractors interact with the government, both as an employee of one and as the husband of a civil
    servant who deals with IT contractors, absolutely not. One thing thing more dysfunctional then federal bureaucracy is federal IT contracting. And it’s not all the fault of the Feds and how they’re organized. Private sector IT contracting ain’t so well done either. Not enough time to get into it but over promising and under bidding to win business you can’t possibly complete on the promised terms is endemic.

Which exclusions and deductions? Should we start with, for example, depreciation?

We need the FairTax. fairtax.org

--
    ÄLSKAR - Fänga Dagen

Слава Україні та НАТО

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Con Reeder, unhyphenated American@21:1/5 to xyzzy on Wed Aug 17 12:45:19 2022
    On 2022-08-16, xyzzy <xyzzy.dude@gmail.com> wrote:

Sign that the newsgroup is dwindling. What conservatives are even here >>>>>>> that might have brought up a Goldberg article before? Enright, Con >>>>>>> Reeder, and Wonko?

Certainly me. I am a big Jonah fan. His current focus -- probably due >>>>>> to his change of networks from Fox to CNN -- is not my cup of tea, but >>>>>> I still read the G-File and agree with a lot of what he says. But like >>>>>> him, I mostly despair of the hot mess which is both of our political >>>>>> parties. The biggest problem we have is the outrageous
    authoritarianism of our current thinly-divided government. Democrats add >>>>>> government programs any time they can, counting on the difficulty of >>>>>> cutting them to ensure the persistance of the bloat.

Now we are going to add 87,000 government pensions to the bill we are >>>>>> adding up for our grandchildren.

agent population compared to Switzerland? Sounds like a nascent police >>>> state to me.

Using Switzerland as a comparison point sounds like a cherry pick. Of all >>> western counties why choose Switzerland?

Also not all of that money is for auditors. It’s also for long delayed >>> technology updates which I’m familiar with because sadly my employer

servant who deals with IT contractors, absolutely not. One thing thing more dysfunctional then federal bureaucracy is federal IT contracting.

What's the common factor, hmm?

And it’s
    not all the fault of the Feds and how they’re organized. Private sector IT contracting ain’t so well done either.

I can't disagree with that as a general rule, having watched many a CRM implementation go down in flames. But those cases mostly happen when the organization overseeing the contract is clueless.

Not enough time to get into it but
    over promising and under bidding to win business you can’t possibly complete on the promised terms is endemic.

This is enabled by lettors who don't know their ass from a hole in the
    ground. I ran a company and worked for a company who wouldn't do that. We
    often lost out on bids, but when we were selected we delivered.

You have to have some concept of depreciation if you are to incent a
    longterm investment -- you can't expense the Hoover Dam. The key is to
    have one structure and apply it to all; it is the exceptions and
    carveouts which are the problem.

Again, we're talking pie in the sky. It ain't going to happen.

--
    Experience is what allows you to recognize a mistake the second
    time you make it. -- unknown

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From xyzzy@21:1/5 to unhyphenated American on Wed Aug 17 15:36:50 2022

Sign that the newsgroup is dwindling. What conservatives are even here >>>>>>>> that might have brought up a Goldberg article before? Enright, Con >>>>>>>> Reeder, and Wonko?

Certainly me. I am a big Jonah fan. His current focus -- probably due >>>>>>> to his change of networks from Fox to CNN -- is not my cup of tea, but >>>>>>> I still read the G-File and agree with a lot of what he says. But like >>>>>>> him, I mostly despair of the hot mess which is both of our political >>>>>>> parties. The biggest problem we have is the outrageous
    government programs any time they can, counting on the difficulty of >>>>>>> cutting them to ensure the persistance of the bloat.

Now we are going to add 87,000 government pensions to the bill we are >>>>>>> adding up for our grandchildren.

agent population compared to Switzerland? Sounds like a nascent police >>>>> state to me.

Using Switzerland as a comparison point sounds like a cherry pick. Of all >>>> western counties why choose Switzerland?

Also not all of that money is for auditors. It’s also for long delayed >>>> technology updates which I’m familiar with because sadly my employer >>>> totally blew the last attempt to modernize their tech over 10 years ago. >>>
    That doesn't require permanent employees. Certainly something better done >>> by the proper use of the private sector.

Having seen first hand the way private IT contractors interact with the
    government, both as an employee of one and as the husband of a civil
    servant who deals with IT contractors, absolutely not. One thing thing more >> dysfunctional then federal bureaucracy is federal IT contracting.

And it’s
    not all the fault of the Feds and how they’re organized. Private sector IT >> contracting ain’t so well done either.

I can't disagree with that as a general rule, having watched many a CRM implementation go down in flames. But those cases mostly happen when the organization overseeing the contract is clueless.

The real problem with the government in this case is they are bound by law
    to take the lowest qualified bidder. Most people wouldn’t have it any other way because otherwise it’s open to favoritism. But that has unexpected side effects, for example once you finally get the contractor who maintains a
    system trained and working smoothly they get ejected by a new low bidder
    who you have to start over with (and they probably unknowingly underbid
    because they don’t know the challenges the incumbent has learned after working with the system for a few years), lather rinse repeat.

Just one example.

Which exclusions and deductions? Should we start with, for example,
    depreciation?

--

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From xyzzy@21:1/5 to unhyphenated American on Wed Aug 17 15:31:47 2022

Sign that the newsgroup is dwindling. What conservatives are even here >>>>>>>> that might have brought up a Goldberg article before? Enright, Con >>>>>>>> Reeder, and Wonko?

Certainly me. I am a big Jonah fan. His current focus -- probably due >>>>>>> to his change of networks from Fox to CNN -- is not my cup of tea, but >>>>>>> I still read the G-File and agree with a lot of what he says. But like >>>>>>> him, I mostly despair of the hot mess which is both of our political >>>>>>> parties. The biggest problem we have is the outrageous
    government programs any time they can, counting on the difficulty of >>>>>>> cutting them to ensure the persistance of the bloat.

Now we are going to add 87,000 government pensions to the bill we are >>>>>>> adding up for our grandchildren.

agent population compared to Switzerland? Sounds like a nascent police >>>>> state to me.

Using Switzerland as a comparison point sounds like a cherry pick. Of all >>>> western counties why choose Switzerland?

Also not all of that money is for auditors. It’s also for long delayed >>>> technology updates which I’m familiar with because sadly my employer >>>> totally blew the last attempt to modernize their tech over 10 years ago. >>>
    That doesn't require permanent employees. Certainly something better done >>> by the proper use of the private sector.

servant who deals with IT contractors, absolutely not. One thing thing more >> dysfunctional then federal bureaucracy is federal IT contracting.

And it’s
    not all the fault of the Feds and how they’re organized. Private sector IT >> contracting ain’t so well done either.

Not enough time to get into it but
    over promising and under bidding to win business you can’t possibly
    complete on the promised terms is endemic.

This is enabled by lettors who don't know their ass from a hole in the ground. I ran a company and worked for a company who wouldn't do that. We often lost out on bids, but when we were selected we delivered.

Which exclusions and deductions? Should we start with, for example,
    depreciation?

I agree that depreciation is worth keeping. My point is that it’s easier
    to say “flat tax is the solution” than to get into the nitty gritty of implementing it and it could never be truly flat because one man’s loophole or carve out is another man’s essential provision and not just because the latter financially benefits. Depreciation is just the tip of the iceberg
    but it’s illustrative on why it’s never that simple in real life when you get down to brass tacks.

On this we agree.

--

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Con Reeder, unhyphenated American@21:1/5 to xyzzy on Thu Aug 18 06:56:41 2022
    On 2022-08-17, xyzzy <xyzzy.dude@gmail.com> wrote:
    Con Reeder, unhyphenated American <constance@duxmail.com> wrote: >>>>>>>> On 2022-08-12, JGibson <james.m.gibson@gmail.com> wrote:
    On Friday, August 12, 2022 at 9:02:59 AM UTC-4, xyzzy wrote: >>>>>>>>>> He hasn't been quoted much lately on rsfc, which seems like an oversight.

that might have brought up a Goldberg article before? Enright, Con >>>>>>>>> Reeder, and Wonko?

Certainly me. I am a big Jonah fan. His current focus -- probably due >>>>>>>> to his change of networks from Fox to CNN -- is not my cup of tea, but >>>>>>>> I still read the G-File and agree with a lot of what he says. But like >>>>>>>> him, I mostly despair of the hot mess which is both of our political >>>>>>>> parties. The biggest problem we have is the outrageous
    government programs any time they can, counting on the difficulty of >>>>>>>> cutting them to ensure the persistance of the bloat.

Now we are going to add 87,000 government pensions to the bill we are >>>>>>>> adding up for our grandchildren.

We still don't need 87,000 more. And why do we need a 5X per-capita >>>>>> agent population compared to Switzerland? Sounds like a nascent police >>>>>> state to me.

Using Switzerland as a comparison point sounds like a cherry pick. Of all >>>>> western counties why choose Switzerland?

Also not all of that money is for auditors. It’s also for long delayed >>>>> technology updates which I’m familiar with because sadly my employer >>>>> totally blew the last attempt to modernize their tech over 10 years ago. >>>>
    That doesn't require permanent employees. Certainly something better done >>>> by the proper use of the private sector.

servant who deals with IT contractors, absolutely not. One thing thing more >>> dysfunctional then federal bureaucracy is federal IT contracting.

And it’s
    not all the fault of the Feds and how they’re organized. Private sector IT
    contracting ain’t so well done either.

I can't disagree with that as a general rule, having watched many a CRM
    implementation go down in flames. But those cases mostly happen when the
    organization overseeing the contract is clueless.

The real problem with the government in this case is they are bound by law
    to take the lowest qualified bidder.

The word here is "qualified". If your bid doesn't address the RFP, then you aren't qualified. Just saying "we'll do that, we'll find the people/way" doesn't
    mean you are qualified, and there are ways to require that.

Most people wouldn’t have it any other
    way because otherwise it’s open to favoritism. But that has unexpected side effects, for example once you finally get the contractor who maintains a system trained and working smoothly they get ejected by a new low bidder
    who you have to start over with (and they probably unknowingly underbid because they don’t know the challenges the incumbent has learned after working with the system for a few years), lather rinse repeat.

Just one example.

Again, it is specifying the challenges which makes you qualified and unqualifies the otherwise-low bidder. A good lettor can do this by requiring there be some track record in key areas.

But most lettors don't have enough expertise to avoid being baffled by
    the bullshit. My last bid (which I lost, thank goodness) was a case of
    this. The opposition had a smooth marketing presentation which wowed the customer, who completely disregarded the fact that 1) they had never
    done a single system successfully, 2) had no expertise in the CRM
    area, and 3) didn't have the personnel to indicate they could achieve
    1 and 2 in the very tight timeframe needed. We made that case, but
    they were dazzled by the slick and sleezy. The promise was switchover
    in 18 months -- after 5 years they faded away with no implementation
    complete. The organization is floundering, having implemented an in-house system with off-the-shelf accounting software. Efficiency is terrible, profitability elusive.

--
    Tolerance will reach such a level that intelligent people will be
    banned fromj thinking so as not to offend the imbeciles.
    -- Dostoevsky

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05