• RSFC Culture Corner

From RSFC Moderator@21:1/5 to All on Tue May 31 15:50:05 2022
    I recommend The Sandbaggers. It's a British spy show from the late 70s--- currently on Brit Box/Amazon. There are a few episodes on YouTube if you don't Brit Box and want to try it out.

Action, intrigue, and moral dilemmas with a touch of Yes Minister.

Goes downhill half way through the 3rd season because the writer disappeared in strange circumstances and was irreplaceable.

-rsfcm

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From GrtArtiste@21:1/5 to RSFC Moderator on Tue May 31 19:43:47 2022
    On 5/31/2022 6:50 PM, RSFC Moderator wrote:
    I recommend The Sandbaggers. It's a British spy show from the late 70s--- currently on Brit Box/Amazon. There are a few episodes on YouTube if you don't Brit Box and want to try it out.

Goes downhill half way through the 3rd season because the writer disappeared in strange circumstances and was irreplaceable.

-rsfcm

If you don't mind a Brit WW2 drama from the 70s...maybe you would like
    COLDITZ.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xn_FEgp81oE

GrtArtiste

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Eric Ramon@21:1/5 to RSFC Moderator on Tue May 31 21:21:50 2022
    On Tuesday, May 31, 2022 at 3:50:07 PM UTC-7, RSFC Moderator wrote:

-rsfcm

speaking of shows that went downhill in a hurry, Rake (Australian) is great through the first 3 seasons, very good in the 4th season (they had planned on doing only 3) and absolutely unwatchable in season 5.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05