• working on Memorial Day

From xyzzy@21:1/5 to All on Mon May 30 19:28:47 2022
    In my job we only have two fixed holidays, New Years and Christmas. In
    exchange we have 10 flex holidays that are in addition to our vacation
    time.

Most people take the flex holidays on the normal holidays so it’s not much different. But because my wife and I have a lot of travel plans later this
    year I decided to work today to save the day.

Wow. Today has been the most productive day for me all year. It’s amazing what you can get done when no one else is around to bug you, and no
    meetings.

--
    “I usually skip over your posts because of your disguistng, contrarian, liberal personality.” — Altie

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From xyzzy@21:1/5 to Irish Mike on Mon May 30 21:59:49 2022
    Irish Mike <irishranger317@gmail.com> wrote:
    On Monday, May 30, 2022 at 3:28:51 PM UTC-4, xyzzy wrote:
    In my job we only have two fixed holidays, New Years and Christmas. In
    exchange we have 10 flex holidays that are in addition to our vacation
    time.

Most people take the flex holidays on the normal holidays so it’s not much >> different. But because my wife and I have a lot of travel plans later this >> year I decided to work today to save the day.

Wow. Today has been the most productive day for me all year. It’s amazing >> what you can get done when no one else is around to bug you, and no
    meetings.

Every year my first scheduled holiday is always The Holy Day - which is, of course,
    St. Patrick's Day!

That’s the day we go to Mexican restaurants. Then we go Irish on Cinco de Mayo.

I don’t like overcrowded places and the St Patrick’s Day / Cinco de Mayo inversion is awesome.

--
    “I usually skip over your posts because of your disguistng, contrarian, liberal personality.” — Altie

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Irish Mike@21:1/5 to xyzzy on Mon May 30 14:57:47 2022
    In my job we only have two fixed holidays, New Years and Christmas. In exchange we have 10 flex holidays that are in addition to our vacation
    time.

Most people take the flex holidays on the normal holidays so it’s not much different. But because my wife and I have a lot of travel plans later this year I decided to work today to save the day.

Wow. Today has been the most productive day for me all year. It’s amazing what you can get done when no one else is around to bug you, and no meetings.

Every year my first scheduled holiday is always The Holy Day - which is, of course,
    St. Patrick's Day!

Irish Mike

It's no sin not to be Irish, just a terrible, terrible shame!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Ken Olson@21:1/5 to xyzzy on Mon May 30 19:34:30 2022
    On 5/30/2022 3:28 PM, xyzzy wrote:
    In my job we only have two fixed holidays, New Years and Christmas. In exchange we have 10 flex holidays that are in addition to our vacation
    time.

Most people take the flex holidays on the normal holidays so it’s not much different. But because my wife and I have a lot of travel plans later this year I decided to work today to save the day.

Wow. Today has been the most productive day for me all year. It’s amazing what you can get done when no one else is around to bug you, and no
    meetings.

I used to work holidays whether I wanted to or not. They were usually
    f'd up because he liberal leadership thought the convicts need more opportunities to do stupid shit.

--
    ÄLSKAR - Fänga Dagen

Слава Україні та НАТО

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Michael Falkner@21:1/5 to Ken Olson on Mon May 30 16:50:14 2022
    On Monday, May 30, 2022 at 4:34:33 PM UTC-7, Ken Olson wrote:

I used to work holidays whether I wanted to or not. They were usually
    f'd up because he liberal leadership thought the convicts need more opportunities to do stupid shit.

No. As I've had to learn since my incarceration, we don't need that opportunity.

That we breathe is wholly sufficient. It's why the NYPD should've permanently embedded my brain matter into the wall so hard that a power wash of the side wall of the Palace Theatre would never get it out.

Mike

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From JGibson@21:1/5 to Irish Mike on Mon May 30 18:07:13 2022
    On Monday, May 30, 2022 at 5:57:49 PM UTC-4, Irish Mike wrote:
    In my job we only have two fixed holidays, New Years and Christmas. In exchange we have 10 flex holidays that are in addition to our vacation time.

Most people take the flex holidays on the normal holidays so it’s not much
    different. But because my wife and I have a lot of travel plans later this year I decided to work today to save the day.

Wow. Today has been the most productive day for me all year. It’s amazing
    what you can get done when no one else is around to bug you, and no meetings.

St. Patrick's Day!

Irish Mike

Why are you celebrating Irish values?!? This is America. We celebrate American values here. Love it or go back to Ireland!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Irish Mike@21:1/5 to JGibson on Mon May 30 18:20:20 2022
    On Monday, May 30, 2022 at 9:07:26 PM UTC-4, JGibson wrote:
    On Monday, May 30, 2022 at 5:57:49 PM UTC-4, Irish Mike wrote:
    In my job we only have two fixed holidays, New Years and Christmas. In exchange we have 10 flex holidays that are in addition to our vacation time.

Most people take the flex holidays on the normal holidays so it’s not much
    different. But because my wife and I have a lot of travel plans later this
    year I decided to work today to save the day.

Wow. Today has been the most productive day for me all year. It’s amazing
    what you can get done when no one else is around to bug you, and no meetings.

St. Patrick's Day!

Irish Mike
    Why are you celebrating Irish values?!? This is America. We celebrate American values here. Love it or go back to Ireland!

America first, Ireland forever.

Irish Mike

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05