• Re: Finally ACC football does something smrat

From xyzzy@21:1/5 to xyzzy on Tue May 10 21:35:26 2022
    xyzzy <xyzzy.dude@gmail.com> wrote:
    Ditching divisions for a schedule where schools play each other more often.

ACC is ‘closer to the end’ in conversations to do away with league’s football divisions https://www.newsobserver.com/sports/college/acc/article261311997.html

Quoting:

In that scenario, teams would play the same three opponents every season,
    in addition to a group of five teams in even years and the other five
    remaining teams in odd years. It would take two seasons, and not the
    current six, or more, for every ACC team to play every other team in the conference.

--
    “I usually skip over your posts because of your disguistng, contrarian, liberal personality.” — Altie

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From xyzzy@21:1/5 to All on Tue May 10 21:33:06 2022
    Ditching divisions for a schedule where schools play each other more often.

ACC is ‘closer to the end’ in conversations to do away with league’s football divisions https://www.newsobserver.com/sports/college/acc/article261311997.html

--
    “I usually skip over your posts because of your disguistng, contrarian, liberal personality.” — Altie

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From The NOTBCS Guy@21:1/5 to All on Wed May 11 09:29:57 2022
    I would like to see the New And Improved Division I Bylaws (to be released in early August) first, to see if the ACC is allowed to get rid of divisions and not have a full round-robin schedule but still be allowed to play a conference championship game
    without having to beg the NCAA for a waiver.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From JGibson@21:1/5 to The NOTBCS Guy on Wed May 11 20:44:50 2022
    On Wednesday, May 11, 2022 at 12:29:58 PM UTC-4, The NOTBCS Guy wrote:
    I would like to see the New And Improved Division I Bylaws (to be released in early August) first, to see if the ACC is allowed to get rid of divisions and not have a full round-robin schedule but still be allowed to play a conference championship game
    without having to beg the NCAA for a waiver.

According the article on ESPN, about the ACC's proposal:

-QUOTE-
    Earlier this week, the NCAA Football Oversight Committee recommended conferences no longer be required to have divisions to hold a conference championship game. The Division I Council is set to vote on it later this month, when it is expected to pass.
    -END QUOTE-

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05