• Putin adopting Hitler playbook

From floaterjr@21:1/5 to All on Tue Feb 22 02:17:38 2022
    Hilter invades the Sudetenland now part of Czechoslovakia and the world does nothing. German speaking so reason enough. Then Poland. First Crimean and the world does nothing. Now the Ukraine. Pretty slick

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/putin-sets-sights-on-taking-all-of-ukraine-not-just-donbas-region/vi-AAU8EpB?cvid=145d3548038e4a36868a361e2276f14d&ocid=winp1taskbar

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Ken Olson@21:1/5 to floaterjr on Tue Feb 22 06:48:16 2022
    On 2/22/2022 5:17 AM, floaterjr wrote:
    Hilter invades the Sudetenland now part of Czechoslovakia and the world does nothing. German speaking so reason enough. Then Poland. First Crimean and the world does nothing. Now the Ukraine. Pretty slick

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/putin-sets-sights-on-taking-all-of-ukraine-not-just-donbas-region/vi-AAU8EpB?cvid=145d3548038e4a36868a361e2276f14d&ocid=winp1taskbar

World domination is a game of inches.

--
    ÄLSKAR - Fänga Dagen

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From floaterjr@21:1/5 to Ken Olson on Tue Feb 22 04:34:52 2022
    On Tuesday, February 22, 2022 at 6:48:19 AM UTC-5, Ken Olson wrote:
    On 2/22/2022 5:17 AM, floaterjr wrote:

World domination is a game of inches.

--
    ÄLSKAR - Fänga Dagen
    Putin probably doesn't admire Lombardi, he doesn't admire Khrushchev and said so. I would would guess he's channeling Stalin.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From xyzzy@21:1/5 to floaterjr on Tue Feb 22 14:22:58 2022
    floaterjr <gpgmga@gmail.com> wrote:
    Hilter invades the Sudetenland now part of Czechoslovakia and the world
    does nothing. German speaking so reason enough. Then Poland. First
    Crimean and the world does nothing. Now the Ukraine. Pretty slick

I was thinking the same thing, Donbas = Sudetenland.

However Putin has learned from one Hitler mistake. I don’t think Hitler invested nearly as much resources and people into keeping the US out of the
    way through internal divisions and manipulation.

I mean Hitler had his American fans early, but nothing like today’s
    pro-Putin fifth column.

--
    “I usually skip over your posts because of your disguistng, contrarian, liberal personality.” — Altie

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Johnny RSFCootball@21:1/5 to floaterjr on Tue Feb 22 06:46:15 2022
    On Tuesday, February 22, 2022 at 4:17:42 AM UTC-6, floaterjr wrote:

Interesting perspective from the Kenyan UN ambassador…

https://twitter.com/thomasvlinge/status/1495978202728210435?s=21

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Michael Falkner@21:1/5 to All on Tue Feb 22 08:14:04 2022
    I'd be very careful, people.

You take a very real look at the US situation, you know Biden's dead within the next 36 months.

He will NOT be re-elected, and he will hang the moment the next GQP President takes the office.

You want a war with that kind of a leader with nothing to lose... at all???

And one who has to know the most powerful man in the world is in Moscow and that America is NOT the greatest nation on Earth?

If a lot of the Right believes half the shit they post, they may have a very short window to remove Biden by any means necessary.

Yeah, I could see a nuclear exchange -- and US firing first!

Mike

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From unclejr@21:1/5 to Michael Falkner on Tue Feb 22 08:35:46 2022
    On Tuesday, February 22, 2022 at 10:14:08 AM UTC-6, Michael Falkner wrote:

You take a very real look at the US situation, you know Biden's dead within the next 36 months.

He will NOT be re-elected, and he will hang the moment the next GQP President takes the office.

You want a war with that kind of a leader with nothing to lose... at all???

And one who has to know the most powerful man in the world is in Moscow and that America is NOT the greatest nation on Earth?

If a lot of the Right believes half the shit they post, they may have a very short window to remove Biden by any means necessary.

Mike

Yore a nutjob.

HTH.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Michael Falkner@21:1/5 to unclejr on Tue Feb 22 08:51:14 2022
    On Tuesday, February 22, 2022 at 8:35:51 AM UTC-8, unclejr wrote:

Yore a nutjob.

I don't think you have any idea. In this case, though, I'm not the one you need to be worrying about right now.

Mike

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Thomas Enright@21:1/5 to Johnny RSFCootball on Tue Feb 22 14:38:25 2022
    On Tuesday, February 22, 2022 at 9:46:18 AM UTC-5, Johnny RSFCootball wrote:

Just finished reading Paris 1919. Drawing borders around peoples to the satisfaction of even a slim majority is nearly impossible.

-TE

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Thomas Enright@21:1/5 to xyzzy on Tue Feb 22 14:49:50 2022
    On Tuesday, February 22, 2022 at 9:23:02 AM UTC-5, xyzzy wrote:
    floaterjr <gpg...@gmail.com> wrote:
    Hilter invades the Sudetenland now part of Czechoslovakia and the world does nothing. German speaking so reason enough. Then Poland. First

However Putin has learned from one Hitler mistake. I don’t think Hitler invested nearly as much resources and people into keeping the US out of the way through internal divisions and manipulation.

The US had no national interests in the Sudetenland. Hell, we didn't
    go to war after the Soviet Union, France, Yugoslavia, Norway etc. were attacked. Now, if we got Putin to declare war on us, as Hitler did, we'd
    be likely to react.

I mean Hitler had his American fans early, but nothing like today’s pro-Putin fifth column.

I have yet to see such a creature, the last big pro-Russian American contingent
    disappeared right after the fall of the Berlin Wall.

The current administration has repeatedly reminded us that borders do not matter. Should the US would go to war to defend Ukraine's borders
    while demanding we leave ours open

-TE

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Johnny RSFCootball@21:1/5 to Thomas Enright on Tue Feb 22 15:29:14 2022
    On Tuesday, February 22, 2022 at 4:49:54 PM UTC-6, Thomas Enright wrote:

However Putin has learned from one Hitler mistake. I don’t think Hitler invested nearly as much resources and people into keeping the US out of the
    go to war after the Soviet Union, France, Yugoslavia, Norway etc. were attacked. Now, if we got Putin to declare war on us, as Hitler did, we'd
    be likely to react.
    I mean Hitler had his American fans early, but nothing like today’s pro-Putin fifth column.

The current administration has repeatedly reminded us that borders do not matter. Should the US would go to war to defend Ukraine's borders

-TE

I remember everyone hating the USSR in the ‘80s. We all saw what Drago did to Apollo Creed.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Ken Olson@21:1/5 to Johnny RSFCootball on Tue Feb 22 19:13:16 2022
    On 2/22/2022 6:29 PM, Johnny RSFCootball wrote:
    Hilter invades the Sudetenland now part of Czechoslovakia and the world >>>> does nothing. German speaking so reason enough. Then Poland. First

However Putin has learned from one Hitler mistake. I don’t think Hitler >>> invested nearly as much resources and people into keeping the US out of the >>> way through internal divisions and manipulation.
    go to war after the Soviet Union, France, Yugoslavia, Norway etc. were
    attacked. Now, if we got Putin to declare war on us, as Hitler did, we'd
    be likely to react.
    pro-Putin fifth column.

The current administration has repeatedly reminded us that borders do not
    matter. Should the US would go to war to defend Ukraine's borders

-TE

I remember everyone hating the USSR in the ‘80s. We all saw what Drago did to Apollo Creed.

Dolph's a Swede.

--
    ÄLSKAR - Fänga Dagen

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From TE@21:1/5 to Johnny RSFCootball on Tue Feb 22 16:30:49 2022
    On Tuesday, February 22, 2022 at 6:29:18 PM UTC-5, Johnny RSFCootball wrote:
    does nothing. German speaking so reason enough. Then Poland. First Crimean and the world does nothing. Now the Ukraine. Pretty slick

However Putin has learned from one Hitler mistake. I don’t think Hitler
    invested nearly as much resources and people into keeping the US out of the
    go to war after the Soviet Union, France, Yugoslavia, Norway etc. were attacked. Now, if we got Putin to declare war on us, as Hitler did, we'd be likely to react.

-TE

I'm pretty sure Bernie Sanders was Drago's spit bucket captain.

-TE

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Johnny RSFCootball@21:1/5 to Ken Olson on Tue Feb 22 17:24:01 2022
    On Tuesday, February 22, 2022 at 6:13:20 PM UTC-6, Ken Olson wrote:
    Hilter invades the Sudetenland now part of Czechoslovakia and the world >>>> does nothing. German speaking so reason enough. Then Poland. First

attacked. Now, if we got Putin to declare war on us, as Hitler did, we'd >> be likely to react.
    I mean Hitler had his American fans early, but nothing like today’s >>> pro-Putin fifth column.

The current administration has repeatedly reminded us that borders do not >> matter. Should the US would go to war to defend Ukraine's borders

-TE

Dolph's a Swede.
    --
    ÄLSKAR - Fänga Dagen

Yes, and Anthony Quinn was Mexican.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Johnny RSFCootball@21:1/5 to All on Tue Feb 22 17:18:27 2022
    On Tuesday, February 22, 2022 at 6:30:53 PM UTC-6, TE wrote:
    On Tuesday, February 22, 2022 at 6:29:18 PM UTC-5, Johnny RSFCootball wrote:
    does nothing. German speaking so reason enough. Then Poland. First Crimean and the world does nothing. Now the Ukraine. Pretty slick

go to war after the Soviet Union, France, Yugoslavia, Norway etc. were attacked. Now, if we got Putin to declare war on us, as Hitler did, we'd be likely to react.

-TE

I'm pretty sure Bernie Sanders was Drago's spit bucket captain.

-TE

So maybe one person that no one outside of Vermont knew existed, during a time before many of his current supporters were even born. Doesn’t sound like much of a contingent.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Ken Olson@21:1/5 to Johnny RSFCootball on Tue Feb 22 20:39:16 2022
    On 2/22/2022 8:24 PM, Johnny RSFCootball wrote:
    On Tuesday, February 22, 2022 at 4:49:54 PM UTC-6, Thomas Enright wrote: >>>> On Tuesday, February 22, 2022 at 9:23:02 AM UTC-5, xyzzy wrote:
    Hilter invades the Sudetenland now part of Czechoslovakia and the world >>>>>> does nothing. German speaking so reason enough. Then Poland. First >>>>>> Crimean and the world does nothing. Now the Ukraine. Pretty slick

However Putin has learned from one Hitler mistake. I don’t think Hitler >>>>> invested nearly as much resources and people into keeping the US out of the
    go to war after the Soviet Union, France, Yugoslavia, Norway etc. were >>>> attacked. Now, if we got Putin to declare war on us, as Hitler did, we'd >>>> be likely to react.
    I mean Hitler had his American fans early, but nothing like today’s >>>>> pro-Putin fifth column.

The current administration has repeatedly reminded us that borders do not >>>> matter. Should the US would go to war to defend Ukraine's borders

-TE

Dolph's a Swede.
    --
    ÄLSKAR - Fänga Dagen

Dolph Lundgren is a Swede by both birth and lineage.

--
    ÄLSKAR - Fänga Dagen

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From leonard hofstatder@21:1/5 to All on Tue Feb 22 19:43:24 2022
    What do they call a bedpan in Russia?

A poo tin.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From xyzzy@21:1/5 to Johnny RSFCootball on Wed Feb 23 02:44:51 2022
    Johnny RSFCootball <1jay1miller1970@gmail.com> wrote:
    On Tuesday, February 22, 2022 at 4:49:54 PM UTC-6, Thomas Enright wrote: >>>> On Tuesday, February 22, 2022 at 9:23:02 AM UTC-5, xyzzy wrote:
    Hilter invades the Sudetenland now part of Czechoslovakia and the world >>>>>> does nothing. German speaking so reason enough. Then Poland. First >>>>>> Crimean and the world does nothing. Now the Ukraine. Pretty slick

However Putin has learned from one Hitler mistake. I don’t think Hitler >>>>> invested nearly as much resources and people into keeping the US out of the
    go to war after the Soviet Union, France, Yugoslavia, Norway etc. were >>>> attacked. Now, if we got Putin to declare war on us, as Hitler did, we'd >>>> be likely to react.
    I mean Hitler had his American fans early, but nothing like today’s >>>>> pro-Putin fifth column.

The current administration has repeatedly reminded us that borders do not >>>> matter. Should the US would go to war to defend Ukraine's borders

-TE

I remember everyone hating the USSR in the ‘80s. We all saw what Drago >>> did to Apollo Creed.
    Dolph's a Swede.
    --
    ÄLSKAR - Fänga Dagen

I was surprised to learn a few years ago that Linda Ronstadt is Mexican

--
    “I usually skip over your posts because of your disguistng, contrarian, liberal personality.” — Altie

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From RoddyMcCorley@21:1/5 to unclejr on Wed Feb 23 00:39:00 2022
    On 2/22/2022 11:35 AM, unclejr wrote:
    On Tuesday, February 22, 2022 at 10:14:08 AM UTC-6, Michael Falkner wrote:

You want a war with that kind of a leader with nothing to lose... at all??? >>

Mike

Yore a nutjob.

HTH.
    That was my first thought too.

--
    "In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In
    practice, there is." Ruben Goldberg

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From RoddyMcCorley@21:1/5 to Thomas Enright on Wed Feb 23 00:41:36 2022
    On 2/22/2022 5:49 PM, Thomas Enright wrote:

invested nearly as much resources and people into keeping the US out of the >> way through internal divisions and manipulation.

be likely to react.

pro-Putin fifth column.

-TE

That's funny. Just read where Trump was praising Putin's moves as "genius."

--

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From RoddyMcCorley@21:1/5 to Thomas Enright on Wed Feb 23 00:44:34 2022
    On 2/22/2022 5:38 PM, Thomas Enright wrote:

Just finished reading Paris 1919. Drawing borders around peoples to the satisfaction of even a slim majority is nearly impossible.

-TE
    Not in the US. We've made a high art out of it.

--

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From floaterjr@21:1/5 to RoddyMcCorley on Wed Feb 23 04:22:38 2022
    On Wednesday, February 23, 2022 at 12:44:35 AM UTC-5, RoddyMcCorley wrote:

-TE
    --
    Putin was a Lt. Colonial in the old Soviet KGB. The KGB that still assassinates ex Russia citizens. Putin will spill as much blood as he thinks he needs to to get what he wants which is the Soviet glory days. Not genius, but a willingness to do what
    western leaders would not be willing to do.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From xyzzy@21:1/5 to floaterjr on Wed Feb 23 13:01:44 2022
    On Wednesday, February 23, 2022 at 12:44:35 AM UTC-5, RoddyMcCorley wrote:
    Hilter invades the Sudetenland now part of Czechoslovakia and the
    world does nothing. German speaking so reason enough. Then Poland.
    First Crimean and the world does nothing. Now the Ukraine. Pretty slick >>>>>
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/putin-sets-sights-on-taking-all-of-ukraine-not-just-donbas-region/vi-AAU8EpB?cvid5d3548038e4a36868a361e2276f14d&ocid=winp1taskbar

Interesting perspective from the Kenyan UN ambassador&

https://twitter.com/thomasvlinge/status/1495978202728210435?s!

Just finished reading Paris 1919. Drawing borders around peoples to the
    satisfaction of even a slim majority is nearly impossible.

-TE
    --
    Putin was a Lt. Colonial in the old Soviet KGB. The KGB that still assassinates ex Russia citizens. Putin will spill as much blood as he
    thinks he needs to to get what he wants which is the Soviet glory days.
    Not genius, but a willingness to do what western leaders would not be willing to do.

Putin doesn’t care about Russian glory. His only vision for Russia is one with him in charge. He’d be ok with it being a smoking ruin as long as he’s in charge and rich. He’s the Bashir Assad of Russia.

--

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From TE@21:1/5 to xyzzy on Wed Feb 23 05:14:52 2022
    On Wednesday, February 23, 2022 at 8:01:48 AM UTC-5, xyzzy wrote:

Putin was a Lt. Colonial in the old Soviet KGB. The KGB that still assassinates ex Russia citizens. Putin will spill as much blood as he thinks he needs to to get what he wants which is the Soviet glory days. Not genius, but a willingness to do what western leaders would not be willing to do.

Putin doesn’t care about Russian glory. His only vision for Russia is one with him in charge. He’d be ok with it being a smoking ruin as long as he’s
    in charge and rich. He’s the Bashir Assad of Russia.

He's already rich and in charge and invading Ukraine would seem to put
    that situation at risk.

-TE

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From xyzzy@21:1/5 to randorwell@gmail.com on Wed Feb 23 13:24:47 2022
    TE <randorwell@gmail.com> wrote:
    On Wednesday, February 23, 2022 at 8:01:48 AM UTC-5, xyzzy wrote:

Putin was a Lt. Colonial in the old Soviet KGB. The KGB that still
    assassinates ex Russia citizens. Putin will spill as much blood as he
    thinks he needs to to get what he wants which is the Soviet glory days.
    Not genius, but a willingness to do what western leaders would not be willing to do.

Putin doesn’t care about Russian glory. His only vision for Russia is one >> with him in charge. He’d be ok with it being a smoking ruin as long as he’s

He's already rich and in charge and invading Ukraine would seem to put
    that situation at risk.

It’s the classic “keep everyone upset about something external and nationalistic to distract from how their lives suck under my rule” move.

It would have been a better move if he had calculated reaction better. Even
    his buddies Orban and Ergodan have denounced it and are likely to join in sanctions. He’s been listening to his own propaganda too much.

--

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Johnny RSFCootball@21:1/5 to Ken Olson on Wed Feb 23 05:30:24 2022
    On Tuesday, February 22, 2022 at 7:39:20 PM UTC-6, Ken Olson wrote:
    On 2/22/2022 8:24 PM, Johnny RSFCootball wrote:
    does nothing. German speaking so reason enough. Then Poland. First >>>>>> Crimean and the world does nothing. Now the Ukraine. Pretty slick >>>>>>

The US had no national interests in the Sudetenland. Hell, we didn't >>>> go to war after the Soviet Union, France, Yugoslavia, Norway etc. were >>>> attacked. Now, if we got Putin to declare war on us, as Hitler did, we'd
    be likely to react.

-TE

Dolph's a Swede.
    --
    ÄLSKAR - Fänga Dagen

Dolph Lundgren is a Swede by both birth and lineage.
    --
    ÄLSKAR - Fänga Dagen

Quinn was born in Mexico, had an Irish father, and is known for playing the role of Zorba the Greek.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Michael Falkner@21:1/5 to Thomas Enright on Wed Feb 23 06:54:54 2022
    On Tuesday, February 22, 2022 at 2:49:54 PM UTC-8, Thomas Enright wrote:

be likely to react.

There's a definite "Wag The Dog" crowd on the American Right, let's put it that way.

And it may be one of the few things which have merit on their side -- this President is going to get himself hanged by January or February of 2025 if he's not careful.

How about the MAGA crowd, who would have no problem with Putin coming in and taking over, with everything he believes?

I've said something about the US Dollar several times: "Full Faith And Credit", but of the US military.

Perhaps this is a message, more than anything.

Mike

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Michael Falkner@21:1/5 to xyzzy on Wed Feb 23 06:56:47 2022
    On Wednesday, February 23, 2022 at 5:01:48 AM UTC-8, xyzzy wrote:

Putin doesn’t care about Russian glory. His only vision for Russia is one with him in charge. He’d be ok with it being a smoking ruin as long as he’s

Oh NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO...

This fucker is old-school USSR with new-school cunning.

This guy is all about Mother Russia, with him in charge, and does not want it to be a smoking crater, but the Greatest Nation on Earth.

He has to deal with the USA first in that regard, but neither currently holds the title.

Mike (It's probably China.)

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Michael Falkner@21:1/5 to xyzzy on Wed Feb 23 06:57:56 2022
    On Wednesday, February 23, 2022 at 5:24:51 AM UTC-8, xyzzy wrote:

It’s the classic “keep everyone upset about something external and nationalistic to distract from how their lives suck under my rule” move.

Exactly what the MAGA crowd believes Biden is doing -- Wag The Dog.

The problem with that is that this has been Putin's thought process for at least eight years now!

It would have been a better move if he had calculated reaction better. Even his buddies Orban and Ergodan have denounced it and are likely to join in sanctions. He’s been listening to his own propaganda too much.

I think he's farm smarter than you give credit for.

Mike

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From xyzzy@21:1/5 to RoddyMcCorley on Wed Feb 23 16:36:05 2022
    RoddyMcCorley <Roddy.McCorley@verizon.net> wrote:

However Putin has learned from one Hitler mistake. I don’t think Hitler >>> invested nearly as much resources and people into keeping the US out of the >>> way through internal divisions and manipulation.

attacked. Now, if we got Putin to declare war on us, as Hitler did, we'd
    be likely to react.

pro-Putin fifth column.

-TE

It is kinda funny watching people like Tom try to pull this narrative off
    while Trump and his crowd are gushing over Putin.

--

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Ken Olson@21:1/5 to xyzzy on Wed Feb 23 14:25:45 2022
    On 2/23/2022 11:36 AM, xyzzy wrote:
    RoddyMcCorley <Roddy.McCorley@verizon.net> wrote:
    Hilter invades the Sudetenland now part of Czechoslovakia and the world >>>>> does nothing. German speaking so reason enough. Then Poland. First

However Putin has learned from one Hitler mistake. I don’t think Hitler >>>> invested nearly as much resources and people into keeping the US out of the

attacked. Now, if we got Putin to declare war on us, as Hitler did, we'd >>> be likely to react.

pro-Putin fifth column.

The current administration has repeatedly reminded us that borders do not >>> matter. Should the US would go to war to defend Ukraine's borders

-TE

It is kinda funny watching people like Tom try to pull this narrative off while Trump and his crowd are gushing over Putin.

Saying someone is a genius isn't saying you agree with them.

--
    ÄLSKAR - Fänga Dagen

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From TE@21:1/5 to xyzzy on Wed Feb 23 15:02:54 2022
    On Wednesday, February 23, 2022 at 11:36:09 AM UTC-5, xyzzy wrote:
    RoddyMcCorley <Roddy.M...@verizon.net> wrote:

attacked. Now, if we got Putin to declare war on us, as Hitler did, we'd >> be likely to react.

I mean Hitler had his American fans early, but nothing like today’s >>> pro-Putin fifth column.

The current administration has repeatedly reminded us that borders do not >> matter. Should the US would go to war to defend Ukraine's borders

-TE

It is kinda funny watching people like Tom try to pull this narrative off while Trump and his crowd are gushing over Putin.

I'm not aware of any "pro-Putin fifth column." However, if there were,
    Joe Biden would be the leader. Inviting him to invade Ukraine, and enriching
    Putin while causing inflation in the US.

-TE

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From TE@21:1/5 to Ken Olson on Wed Feb 23 15:05:13 2022
    On Wednesday, February 23, 2022 at 2:25:49 PM UTC-5, Ken Olson wrote:
    does nothing. German speaking so reason enough. Then Poland. First >>>>> Crimean and the world does nothing. Now the Ukraine. Pretty slick >>>>>

go to war after the Soviet Union, France, Yugoslavia, Norway etc. were >>> attacked. Now, if we got Putin to declare war on us, as Hitler did, we'd >>> be likely to react.

I mean Hitler had his American fans early, but nothing like today’s >>>> pro-Putin fifth column.

-TE

Indeed. It's ironic, as xyzzy has complimented Putin on his strategy.

-TE

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Michael Falkner@21:1/5 to Ken Olson on Wed Feb 23 22:21:49 2022
    On Wednesday, February 23, 2022 at 11:25:49 AM UTC-8, Ken Olson wrote:

For the record, you're right -- but many of these people do.

The fact is, he's the most powerful in the world and has been a decade running.

Mike

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Michael Falkner@21:1/5 to xyzzy on Wed Feb 23 22:19:54 2022
    On Wednesday, February 23, 2022 at 8:36:09 AM UTC-8, xyzzy wrote:

I read one of them, yesterday, saying they wish America's leaders would love their country like Putin loves Russia.

Mike

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Ken Olson@21:1/5 to Michael Falkner on Thu Feb 24 02:00:22 2022
    On 2/24/2022 1:21 AM, Michael Falkner wrote:
    On Wednesday, February 23, 2022 at 11:25:49 AM UTC-8, Ken Olson wrote:

For the record, you're right -- but many of these people do.

The fact is, he's the most powerful in the world and has been a decade running.

Mike

He's a pipsqueak with a big mouth and a bunch of guns.

--
    ÄLSKAR - Fänga Dagen

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Johnny RSFCootball@21:1/5 to Ken Olson on Thu Feb 24 08:10:14 2022
    On Wednesday, February 23, 2022 at 1:25:49 PM UTC-6, Ken Olson wrote:
    does nothing. German speaking so reason enough. Then Poland. First >>>>> Crimean and the world does nothing. Now the Ukraine. Pretty slick >>>>>

go to war after the Soviet Union, France, Yugoslavia, Norway etc. were >>> attacked. Now, if we got Putin to declare war on us, as Hitler did, we'd >>> be likely to react.

I mean Hitler had his American fans early, but nothing like today’s >>>> pro-Putin fifth column.

-TE

--
    ÄLSKAR - Fänga Dagen

It’s one thing to feel that way, it’s another thing to publicly admire Putin’s “savviness” at this particular moment. It reminds of the people that are like “yeah it sucks he blew up all those people, but the unabomber made some good points
    in his manifesto.”

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From xyzzy@21:1/5 to floaterjr on Sat Feb 26 13:44:48 2022

How about we just skip ahead to the part where he shoots himself in a
    bunker?

--

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From floaterjr@21:1/5 to xyzzy on Sat Feb 26 15:03:14 2022
    On Saturday, February 26, 2022 at 8:44:52 AM UTC-5, xyzzy wrote:
    Hilter invades the Sudetenland now part of Czechoslovakia and the world does nothing. German speaking so reason enough. Then Poland. First

How about we just skip ahead to the part where he shoots himself in a bunker?
    --
    I think it will all go down like this, If you don't play destiny 2 this won't make much sense but it's funny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kRSl8m8uKQ

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Michael Falkner@21:1/5 to Ken Olson on Sun Feb 27 02:56:26 2022
    On Wednesday, February 23, 2022 at 11:00:28 PM UTC-8, Ken Olson wrote:

He's a pipsqueak with a big mouth and a bunch of guns.

He's got far more than that. You just described the American Right, Trump on down.

The fucker is a conniving son of a bitch who has thrived on his underestimation.

Mike

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From TE@21:1/5 to xyzzy on Mon Feb 28 05:47:18 2022

bunker?

POTD

-TE

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Con Reeder, unhyphenated American@21:1/5 to randorwell@gmail.com on Mon Feb 28 14:03:07 2022
    On 2022-02-28, TE <randorwell@gmail.com> wrote:

bunker?

POTD

He's at the "steps on his dick" point now, but without armies hurtling
    toward Moscow it's going to take a while for the other one.

--
    Life is a long lesson in humility. -- James Barrie

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Johnny RSFCootball@21:1/5 to xyzzy on Mon Feb 28 06:16:18 2022
    On Saturday, February 26, 2022 at 7:44:52 AM UTC-6, xyzzy wrote:

How about we just skip ahead to the part where he shoots himself in a bunker?
    --

If they made a 1980s style Cold War movie, then the final shot would be Putin tied to a chair alone in a room. Then you see the Klitschko brothers enter the room and close the door behind them. Roll credits. Play jock rock music.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05