• Last pre-playoff CFP is out... 11/28/23

From Michael Falkner@21:1/5 to All on Tue Nov 28 16:56:15 2023
    Florida State back in, largely won't matter that much because (3) Washington vs. (5) Oregon is a play-in anyway.

Georgia-Florida State, Michigan-Washington.

6) Ohio State
    7) Texas
    8) Alabama

So several questions:

If Bama were to somehow beat Georgia, does the Washington-Oregon winner go all the way to #1?

Ohio State probably needs (14) Louisville to beat (4) Florida State.

Texas probably needs a win, a Louisville win, and Iowa to beat Michigan.

Bama probably needs a win and a lot of lube from the Committee.

Mike

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Michael Falkner@21:1/5 to All on Tue Nov 28 17:33:24 2023
    Now for the rest of it:

Go5:

Tulane is 22
    Liberty is 24
    Toledo is probably next, as the next highest Go5 team in the Coaches poll.

NY6 projections:

Georgia-Florida State to the Sugar
    Michigan-Washington to the Rose, an appropriate last Rose of this setup.

Louisville vs. Alabama in the Orange (NC State, Missouri, or even Georgia await results to see who gets in this game)

Field:

Texas (B12)
    Tulane (Go5)
    Missouri
    Penn State
    Ole Miss
    Oklahoma

Ole Miss and Tulane to the Fiesta
    Texas and Penn State to the Cotton
    Oklahoma and Missouri to the Peach

Mike

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From The NOTBCS Guy@21:1/5 to All on Tue Nov 28 18:05:01 2023
    NY6 projections:

Louisville vs. Alabama in the Orange (NC State, Missouri, or even Georgia await results to see who gets in this game)

Field:

Texas (B12)
    Tulane (Go5)
    Missouri
    Penn State
    Ole Miss
    Oklahoma

How did Ohio State get from #6 to out of the Big Six bowl games - especially as, apparently, it was passed by four other teams that also aren't playing this weekend?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Con Reeder, unhyphenated American@21:1/5 to The NOTBCS Guy on Wed Nov 29 02:37:13 2023
    On 2023-11-29, The NOTBCS Guy <don.p.del.grande@gmail.com> wrote:
    NY6 projections:

Field:

Texas (B12)
    Tulane (Go5)
    Missouri
    Penn State
    Ole Miss
    Oklahoma

How did Ohio State get from #6 to out of the Big Six bowl games -
    especially as, apparently, it was passed by four other teams that also
    aren't playing this weekend?

Apparently he couldn't figure out your question, because the article you
    quote has disappeared from the server.

Now if Iowa beats Michigan, something odd might happen but I don't think it would be that.

--
    Some people have twenty years of experience, some people have
    one year of experience twenty times over. -- Anonymous

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Michael Falkner@21:1/5 to The NOTBCS Guy on Tue Nov 28 18:16:49 2023
    On Tuesday, November 28, 2023 at 6:05:04 PM UTC-8, The NOTBCS Guy wrote:
    NY6 projections:

Field:

Texas (B12)
    Tulane (Go5)
    Missouri
    Penn State
    Ole Miss
    Oklahoma

How did Ohio State get from #6 to out of the Big Six bowl games - especially as, apparently, it was passed by four other teams that also aren't playing this weekend?

Eek. Didn't see. Let's try that again.

Texas, Tulane, Ohio State, Missouri, Penn State, Ole Miss.

Fiesta is as above.
    Texas and Ohio State to the Cotton.
    Penn State and Missouri to the Peach.

Mike

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From The NOTBCS Guy@21:1/5 to All on Wed Nov 29 05:54:50 2023

Fiesta is as above.

I doubt Alabama jumps over Ohio State after losing to Georgia, so Ohio State goes to the Orange against Louisville.

I would move Alabama to the Peach - I still don't see the committee putting two Big Ten teams in the same bowl - and Texas against Missouri in the Cotton, as I think the committee will feel that Missouri's fan base would travel better to Texas than Penn
    State's would.

Once all that is done, the next step for the management committee is to make sure one of the schools submits legislation to the upcoming NCAA Convention to change the bylaws to allow teams to play more than two nonconference postseason games as part of a
    multi-team tournament. (They should replace "conference championship game" with "up to two games in a conference championship tournament" while they're at it - it's only a matter of time.)

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Michael Falkner@21:1/5 to The NOTBCS Guy on Wed Nov 29 07:38:03 2023
    On Wednesday, November 29, 2023 at 5:54:54 AM UTC-8, The NOTBCS Guy wrote:

Fiesta is as above.
    I doubt Alabama jumps over Ohio State after losing to Georgia, so Ohio State goes to the Orange against Louisville.

I'm using the current numbers. One of the reasons, last week, I had a rematch of Ohio State vs. Michigan in one of the semifinals, even though we all know that not the case.

If Alabama loses to Georgia, there's a non-zero chance they fall out of the New Year's Six completely and we end up with either Ohio State, Missouri, or Penn State in the Orange.

I would move Alabama to the Peach - I still don't see the committee putting two Big Ten teams in the same bowl - and Texas against Missouri in the Cotton, as I think the committee will feel that Missouri's fan base would travel better to Texas than
    Penn State's would.

If Alabama loses to Georgia, you have to make sure Alabama doesn't drop below 11 for that to work!

Once all that is done, the next step for the management committee is to make sure one of the schools submits legislation to the upcoming NCAA Convention to change the bylaws to allow teams to play more than two nonconference postseason games as part of
    a multi-team tournament. (They should replace "conference championship game" with "up to two games in a conference championship tournament" while they're at it - it's only a matter of time.)

Oh yeah. Especially if we get to just a stupid number of teams in each conference.

Mike

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From JGibson@21:1/5 to Michael Falkner on Wed Nov 29 07:45:16 2023
    On Wednesday, November 29, 2023 at 10:38:06 AM UTC-5, Michael Falkner wrote:
    On Wednesday, November 29, 2023 at 5:54:54 AM UTC-8, The NOTBCS Guy wrote:

Fiesta is as above.
    I'm using the current numbers. One of the reasons, last week, I had a rematch of Ohio State vs. Michigan in one of the semifinals, even though we all know that not the case.

If Alabama loses to Georgia, there's a non-zero chance they fall out of the New Year's Six completely and we end up with either Ohio State, Missouri, or Penn State in the Orange.

I suppose if Alabama gets absolutely crushed by Georgia, they might fall below those teams. But #9 is currently Missouri, and they lost to Georgia as well. I feel like since Alabama had one loss in the regular season and is now playing against the #1
    team, and the four teams below Alabama all already have two losses and don't play this weekend that Alabama is really at their floor.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From The NOTBCS Guy@21:1/5 to All on Wed Nov 29 10:57:30 2023

In the current numbers, Ohio State is #6, and Alabama is #8.

Hold on a minute...dammit, Google, will you Stop Asking Me If I Am A Robot? That Does Not Compute, Does Not Compute, Not Compute, Not Compute...

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05