• CFP Projections Week 1

From Michael Falkner@21:1/5 to All on Tue Oct 31 17:40:09 2023
    Rose (because I don't think Ohio State wants to give Florida State the short trip to the Sugar): (1) Ohio State vs. (4) Florida State

Sugar: (2) Georgia vs. (3) Michigan

Orange: Highest ACC= (13) Louisville vs. Highest B10/SEC/ND=(8) Alabama

The other three bowls do not have tie-ins, and you have the Big XII, Pac-12, and Go5 Champs left.

Taking them and the other three highest-ranked teams not already done...

(5) Washington -- Pac-12 Highest
    (6) Oregon
    (7) Texas -- Big XII Highest
    (9) Oklahoma
    (10) Ole Miss
    (24) Tulane

Probably Tulane and Ole Miss in the Fiesta Sloughoff

Orange probably gets Oklahoma vs. one of the Pac-12 schools and the Cotton gets the other vs. Texas.

Mike

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From The NOTBCS Guy@21:1/5 to All on Wed Nov 1 06:45:18 2023
    Rose (because I don't think Ohio State wants to give Florida State the short trip to the Sugar): (1) Ohio State vs. (4) Florida State

I think that game goes to the Sugar - being closer to Ohio State's fan base is probably going to be more important.

Sugar: (2) Georgia vs. (3) Michigan
    Orange: Highest ACC= (13) Louisville vs. Highest B10/SEC/ND=(8) Alabama
    The other three bowls do not have tie-ins, and you have the Big XII, Pac-12, and Go5 Champs left.
    Taking them and the other three highest-ranked teams not already done...

(5) Washington -- Pac-12 Highest
    (6) Oregon
    (7) Texas -- Big XII Highest
    (9) Oklahoma
    (10) Ole Miss
    (24) Tulane

Probably Tulane and Ole Miss in the Fiesta Sloughoff

Orange probably gets Oklahoma vs. one of the Pac-12 schools and the Cotton gets the other vs. Texas.

I was about to comment how neither of those teams could be in the Orange, but you already did - I assume you meant to say Peach.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Michael Falkner@21:1/5 to The NOTBCS Guy on Wed Nov 1 08:10:30 2023
    On Wednesday, November 1, 2023 at 6:45:21 AM UTC-7, The NOTBCS Guy wrote:
    I think that game goes to the Sugar - being closer to Ohio State's fan base is probably going to be more important.

Respectfully, though, that goes double for their opponent. Also, I thought about the tradition of the Big Ten having the Rose as a destination, but I think that crowd would tilt Florida State with that matchup.

I was about to comment how neither of those teams could be in the Orange, but you already did - I assume you meant to say Peach.

Yeah, Peach. You're right there.

Mike

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05