• =?UTF-8?Q?Oregon=20wouldn=E2=80=99t=20accept=20less?= =?UTF-8?Q?=20mone

From xyzzy@21:1/5 to All on Wed Aug 23 12:50:04 2023
    https://sports.yahoo.com/inside-pac-12-collapse-four-182514849.html

“When Kliavkoff presented the idea to the Pac-12 board, Oregon interim president Patrick Phillips vehemently shut it down. He said he would not
    have the Ducks in a conference where they have to take less money than
    UCLA, and any conversation about the possibility quickly died.”

Of course less than a year later Oregon accepted a B1G invite with terms
    under which Oregon and Washington get less money than all other members, including UCLA.

--
    “I usually skip over your posts because of your disguistng, contrarian, liberal personality.” — Altie

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From xyzzy@21:1/5 to xyzzy on Wed Aug 23 12:58:22 2023
    xyzzy <xyzzy.dude@gmail.com> wrote:
    https://sports.yahoo.com/inside-pac-12-collapse-four-182514849.html

“When Kliavkoff presented the idea to the Pac-12 board, Oregon interim president Patrick Phillips vehemently shut it down. He said he would not
    have the Ducks in a conference where they have to take less money than
    UCLA, and any conversation about the possibility quickly died.”

Of course less than a year later Oregon accepted a B1G invite with terms under which Oregon and Washington get less money than all other members, including UCLA.

Btw I’m not claiming this would have saved the PAC-12 if Oregon had agreed. It’s just that the irony is thick.

The ACC has agreed to a similar arrangement but FSU is still actively and publicly looking to leave, with strong rumors Clemson is too but more
    quietly. What’s holding the ACC together at the moment is an apparently ironclad grant of rights, which ironically the ACC plagiarized from the Big

--
    “I usually skip over your posts because of your disguistng, contrarian, liberal personality.” — Altie

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)