• For those who like prime oceanfront property(Celtics play).....

From michael anderson@21:1/5 to All on Mon May 22 17:06:36 2023
    Yep....if you have always wanted to have a property *right beside* the ocean, that opportunity has come.

Celtics are *massively* undervalued right now. Series moneyline price is +800(and going up), and they are the better team. By far.

I'm making a big play on Celts game 4 ML(+115) and Celts series moneyline(+810).

I'll win a good bit of money by just winning game 4(even if the celts lose in 6), but i feel good about the series.

Keep in mind that if the celtics win game 4, it really is a 1 game series all coming down to game 6.

Celts are the much better team and Heat has a bunch of undrafted types playing. Hell HALF their rotation or maybe even more now is undrafted guys. You cant win that way.....

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From unclejr@21:1/5 to michael anderson on Mon May 22 20:56:13 2023
    On Monday, May 22, 2023 at 7:06:38 PM UTC-5, michael anderson wrote:
    Yep....if you have always wanted to have a property *right beside* the ocean, that opportunity has come.

Celtics are *massively* undervalued right now. Series moneyline price is +800(and going up), and they are the better team. By far.

I'm making a big play on Celts game 4 ML(+115) and Celts series moneyline(+810).

I'll win a good bit of money by just winning game 4(even if the celts lose in 6), but i feel good about the series.

Keep in mind that if the celtics win game 4, it really is a 1 game series all coming down to game 6.

Celts are the much better team and Heat has a bunch of undrafted types playing. Hell HALF their rotation or maybe even more now is undrafted guys. You cant win that way.....

Has any team in NBA history ever come back from a 3-0 hole and win the series 4-3? I can't recall of any.

It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it pays off for you.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From JGibson@21:1/5 to mlmcm...@gmail.com on Tue May 23 06:47:09 2023
    On Tuesday, May 23, 2023 at 9:16:02 AM UTC-4, mlmcm...@gmail.com wrote:
    On Monday, May 22, 2023 at 10:56:15 PM UTC-5, unclejr wrote:

Has any team in NBA history ever come back from a 3-0 hole and win the series 4-3? I can't recall of any.

IIRC, no team has ever even won two games when down 3-0. Basketball tends to be a momentum sport. Hard to reverse a 3-0 momentum even if you are “a much better team”.

Also found the answer to how many teams have brought it back to 3-2. 11 teams managed to bring it back to 3-2 before losing 4-2.

92 sweeps
    44 ended up 4-1
    11 ended up 4-2
    and, as I mentioned previously, 3 won 3 in a row to make it 3-3 but lost in game 7.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From mlmcmahone@gmail.com@21:1/5 to unclejr on Tue May 23 06:16:00 2023

IIRC, no team has ever even won two games when down 3-0. Basketball tends to be a momentum sport. Hard to reverse a 3-0 momentum even if you are “a much better team”.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From JGibson@21:1/5 to mlmcm...@gmail.com on Tue May 23 06:42:19 2023

Apparently, tying it up 3-3 after being down 3-0 has been done three times (all lost the series 4-3):
    1951 Rochester Royals against the New York Knicks (NBA finals)
    1994 Denver Nuggets against the Utah Jazz (conference semifinals)
    2003 Dallas Mavericks against the Portland Trailblazers (first round)

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From JGibson@21:1/5 to unclejr on Tue May 23 06:45:00 2023
    On Monday, May 22, 2023 at 11:56:15 PM UTC-4, unclejr wrote:

0-149 before the conference finals, and now 0-150 after the Nuggets swept the Lakers.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From unclejr@21:1/5 to JGibson on Tue May 23 08:10:35 2023
    On Tuesday, May 23, 2023 at 8:47:11 AM UTC-5, JGibson wrote:

Also found the answer to how many teams have brought it back to 3-2. 11 teams managed to bring it back to 3-2 before losing 4-2.

92 sweeps
    44 ended up 4-1
    11 ended up 4-2
    and, as I mentioned previously, 3 won 3 in a row to make it 3-3 but lost in game 7.

Thanks for the research.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Michael Falkner@21:1/5 to michael anderson on Tue May 23 08:14:54 2023
    On Monday, May 22, 2023 at 5:06:38 PM UTC-7, michael anderson wrote:

He's either trolling or he's psychologically actionable. And I'd know the latter.

Mike

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From michael anderson@21:1/5 to michael anderson on Tue May 23 19:13:36 2023

what is that I smell???

It's.....a MASSIVE hedge opp coming up. Celts will win game 5 at home, so no worries.

And by the time it gets to game6 the series price is going to be pretty much 1:1. And if I want I can just hedge the hell out and
    take half the winnings vs all of them........or I could just take all of them:)

Not to mention the HUGE payday from this win.

Jesus what a night.....

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From michael anderson@21:1/5 to All on Tue May 23 19:40:32 2023
    money money money money.....monnnneeey......
    money money money money.....monnnneeey......

As ice cube would say.....it was a good day.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Con Reeder, unhyphenated American@21:1/5 to JGibson on Tue May 30 02:46:53 2023
    On 2023-05-30, JGibson <james.m.gibson@gmail.com> wrote:

Unless the C's come back from 21 down in the last 81 seconds, looks
    like it will remain as no NBA team ever overcoming a 3-0 deficit to
    win 4-3.

The weauxf gods have spoken.

--
    Give me a young man in whom there is something of the old,
    and an old man with something of the young. -- Cicero

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From JGibson@21:1/5 to unclejr on Mon May 29 19:40:58 2023

Unless the C's come back from 21 down in the last 81 seconds, looks like it will remain as no NBA team ever overcoming a 3-0 deficit to win 4-3.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From xyzzy@21:1/5 to JGibson on Tue May 30 11:16:33 2023
    JGibson <james.m.gibson@gmail.com> wrote:
    Yep....if you have always wanted to have a property *right beside* the
    ocean, that opportunity has come.

Celtics are *massively* undervalued right now. Series moneyline price
    is +800(and going up), and they are the better team. By far.

I'll win a good bit of money by just winning game 4(even if the celts
    lose in 6), but i feel good about the series.

Keep in mind that if the celtics win game 4, it really is a 1 game
    series all coming down to game 6.

Celts are the much better team and Heat has a bunch of undrafted types
    playing. Hell HALF their rotation or maybe even more now is undrafted
    guys. You cant win that way.....
    Has any team in NBA history ever come back from a 3-0 hole and win the
    series 4-3? I can't recall of any.

Unless the C's come back from 21 down in the last 81 seconds, looks like
    it will remain as no NBA team ever overcoming a 3-0 deficit to win 4-3.

When I saw that there were poasts on this thread, but none from mia , I
    knew the result without having to look it up

--
    “I usually skip over your posts because of your disguistng, contrarian, liberal personality.” — Altie

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From michael anderson@21:1/5 to xyzzy on Tue May 30 09:17:38 2023
    On Tuesday, May 30, 2023 at 6:16:37 AM UTC-5, xyzzy wrote:
    JGibson <james.m...@gmail.com> wrote:
    On Monday, May 22, 2023 at 7:06:38 PM UTC-5, michael anderson wrote: >>> Yep....if you have always wanted to have a property *right beside* the >>> ocean, that opportunity has come.

Celtics are *massively* undervalued right now. Series moneyline price >>> is +800(and going up), and they are the better team. By far.

I'll win a good bit of money by just winning game 4(even if the celts >>> lose in 6), but i feel good about the series.

Celts are the much better team and Heat has a bunch of undrafted types >>> playing. Hell HALF their rotation or maybe even more now is undrafted >>> guys. You cant win that way.....

Unless the C's come back from 21 down in the last 81 seconds, looks like it will remain as no NBA team ever overcoming a 3-0 deficit to win 4-3.

As I kind of implied I may do, I did hedge on game 7 when the moneyline got to +400 in one book.

It was a partial hedge; I didn't make as much as I would have had I not hedged and celtics won, but I still made *a lot*. Thats what happens when you take an 0-3 team on such a series price and flip it to them being huge favorites for game 7.

So overall it was wildly successful and still my top play ever, but yes it would have been better for me had celts not lost game 7. A lot better.

--
    “I usually skip over your posts because of your disguistng, contrarian, liberal personality.” — Altie

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Eric Ramon@21:1/5 to michael anderson on Tue May 30 10:28:45 2023
    On Tuesday, May 30, 2023 at 9:17:41 AM UTC-7, michael anderson wrote:

When I saw that there were poasts on this thread, but none from mia , I knew the result without having to look it up
    As I kind of implied I may do, I did hedge on game 7 when the moneyline got to +400 in one book.

It was a partial hedge; I didn't make as much as I would have had I not hedged and celtics won, but I still made *a lot*. Thats what happens when you take an 0-3 team on such a series price and flip it to them being huge favorites for game 7.

So overall it was wildly successful and still my top play ever, but yes it would have been better for me had celts not lost game 7. A lot better.

ah, the famous "I forgot to mention how I made other bets" motif

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Ken Olson@21:1/5 to xyzzy on Wed May 31 00:23:37 2023
    On 5/30/2023 7:16 AM, xyzzy wrote:
    JGibson <james.m.gibson@gmail.com> wrote:
    Yep....if you have always wanted to have a property *right beside* the >>>> ocean, that opportunity has come.

Celtics are *massively* undervalued right now. Series moneyline price
    is +800(and going up), and they are the better team. By far.

I'll win a good bit of money by just winning game 4(even if the celts
    lose in 6), but i feel good about the series.

Celts are the much better team and Heat has a bunch of undrafted types >>>> playing. Hell HALF their rotation or maybe even more now is undrafted
    guys. You cant win that way.....

Unless the C's come back from 21 down in the last 81 seconds, looks like
    it will remain as no NBA team ever overcoming a 3-0 deficit to win 4-3.

I hope his knives aren't out.
    --
    ÄLSKAR - Fänga Dagen

Слава Україні та НАТО

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From michael anderson@21:1/5 to Eric Ramon on Wed May 31 07:56:42 2023
    On Tuesday, May 30, 2023 at 12:28:47 PM UTC-5, Eric Ramon wrote:
    On Tuesday, May 30, 2023 at 9:17:41 AM UTC-7, michael anderson wrote:

When I saw that there were poasts on this thread, but none from mia , I knew the result without having to look it up

ah, the famous "I forgot to mention how I made other bets" motif

no, I discussed this throughout the threads. I said I *didn't* hedge for game 6/series at that point when the price was closer to 1:1. And the hedge was not a full hedge either. Yeah I made a ridiculous amount of money on the plays as a whole, but not
    as much as if I had
    done a full hedge.

But the game7 price was such(ie celtics heavily favored) that anyone at that point holding a celtics series ticket from when they were down 0-3 is going to hedge. to not hedge some in that situation(when the price difference between the initial play and
    the game 7 play was like a more than 50:1 ratio) would be maddening.

At that point, assuming the hedge on a game 7 is sorta like assuming one has homeowner's insurance.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05