• Miss Ye Old RSPWF

From Mike@21:1/5 to Syn The Tic on Sun Aug 23 15:02:35 2015
    The CWF is still going on strong and its where Brian Bell is at right now.

come check us out at

http://www.geocities.ws/cwf/

CWF - Where the traditions of the past and the old school meet
    the new generation.

Mike A

On Tuesday, August 11, 2015 at 6:25:33 PM UTC-5, Syn The Tic wrote:
    What's up folks? Been a long, long time since I've visited ye old RSPWF. Glad to see it's kinda' sorta' not really getting back on topic. NO MORE SPAM! NO MORE SPAM! NO MORE SPAM!

Not like it would make a shred of difference. Few people remember the good old days, or have been around long enough to have visited the RSPWF back in its hayday. And most of those who do remember have left this game we all love.

So a little history lesson for ya'. You remember way back, when the 'net was barely a pup and we had flame wars aplenty on here? Remember when, every single day, ten new feds would pop up and plug their shtako? Remember that group of "elitists" who
    talked down to everyone else? Blue, Buse, Jew, and the game? Yeah, mid-2005, Bren set up the Just The Facts e-wrestling website. And while that failed miserably, the board that was built along with it survived and thrived. In fact, most folks from
    the old RSPWF days went to JTF. It was familiar territory on a new medium.

And you better believe there were flame wars aplenty on JTF too. That same group stuck together over the years, though some came and went. Tons upon tons of feds passed through those forums as well. Sadly, if you didn't satisfy what they thought was
    acceptable, you rarely got their support, and had to build and survive on your own - which don't get me wrong, many a fed did in fact do.

Brian Bell tried bringing his old AMWC back, but that was short lived. He tried a few more too, before finally settling on Phoenix Valley Wrestling. Blue had another short run with EMWC, but now has been running AWA consistently for some time. Clint
    Fletcher had several successful runs, at least one with RCW, but others with IPW and SPW (South Pacific Wrestling) if I recall correctly. Mike Beeby's UWF continued on for many years, before shockingly closing and ultimately leading to Legacy Pro.
    There were far too many to run, quite honestly, and do the community any serious justice.

Women's wrestling continued to have a roller coaster ride through the years. DSW had a second, even more successful run. Dante Franklin tried to bring BRA back, but ultimately settled on women's summary feds BA:J and WAR. UWF continued to have a
    significant women's division, as did MBC for that matter. There were also several short-lived women's promotions as well - like Cat Scratch Wrestling, GirlsDREAM, and Wichzini Wrestling Project. ACE was the most recent big-time success story in women's
    wrestling, bringing back a tradition of hardcore women's wrestling which DSW had started. The Pitt, a newly formed women's promotion out of Pittsburgh continues that as well, but also provides the only women's wrestling opportunities in the community
    today.

But alas, it seems that JTF is finally on its deathbed. Most of the old "elitists" have gone. JTF has had slow times, but nothing like this. Now all that remains are Blue's AWA and a fledgling L-Pro. And discussion has dwindled to barely a whisper.
    The aforementioned Pitt has only been promoted on JTF's advertising board.

It's good to see e-feds still promoting here on RSPWF, and I hope they not only continue to do so, but also increasing in their postings. Let's get these damn spammers out of here once and for all. RSPWF has been a desolate wasteland for far too long.
    And probably will continue to be once this post has been submitted. All that being said though, I hope somebody out there comes back to these forums, and decides to clean it up and start getting things back on topic again.

If ya' do, say hello. Or fuck you, I don't care. These hallowed halls are damn lonely either way.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Syn The Tic@21:1/5 to All on Tue Aug 11 16:25:32 2015
    What's up folks? Been a long, long time since I've visited ye old RSPWF. Glad to see it's kinda' sorta' not really getting back on topic. NO MORE SPAM! NO MORE SPAM! NO MORE SPAM!

Not like it would make a shred of difference. Few people remember the good old days, or have been around long enough to have visited the RSPWF back in its hayday. And most of those who do remember have left this game we all love.

So a little history lesson for ya'. You remember way back, when the 'net was barely a pup and we had flame wars aplenty on here? Remember when, every single day, ten new feds would pop up and plug their shtako? Remember that group of "elitists" who
    talked down to everyone else? Blue, Buse, Jew, and the game? Yeah, mid-2005, Bren set up the Just The Facts e-wrestling website. And while that failed miserably, the board that was built along with it survived and thrived. In fact, most folks from
    the old RSPWF days went to JTF. It was familiar territory on a new medium.

And you better believe there were flame wars aplenty on JTF too. That same group stuck together over the years, though some came and went. Tons upon tons of feds passed through those forums as well. Sadly, if you didn't satisfy what they thought was
    acceptable, you rarely got their support, and had to build and survive on your own - which don't get me wrong, many a fed did in fact do.

Brian Bell tried bringing his old AMWC back, but that was short lived. He tried a few more too, before finally settling on Phoenix Valley Wrestling. Blue had another short run with EMWC, but now has been running AWA consistently for some time. Clint
    Fletcher had several successful runs, at least one with RCW, but others with IPW and SPW (South Pacific Wrestling) if I recall correctly. Mike Beeby's UWF continued on for many years, before shockingly closing and ultimately leading to Legacy Pro.
    There were far too many to run, quite honestly, and do the community any serious justice.

Women's wrestling continued to have a roller coaster ride through the years. DSW had a second, even more successful run. Dante Franklin tried to bring BRA back, but ultimately settled on women's summary feds BA:J and WAR. UWF continued to have a
    significant women's division, as did MBC for that matter. There were also several short-lived women's promotions as well - like Cat Scratch Wrestling, GirlsDREAM, and Wichzini Wrestling Project. ACE was the most recent big-time success story in women's
    wrestling, bringing back a tradition of hardcore women's wrestling which DSW had started. The Pitt, a newly formed women's promotion out of Pittsburgh continues that as well, but also provides the only women's wrestling opportunities in the community
    today.

But alas, it seems that JTF is finally on its deathbed. Most of the old "elitists" have gone. JTF has had slow times, but nothing like this. Now all that remains are Blue's AWA and a fledgling L-Pro. And discussion has dwindled to barely a whisper.
    The aforementioned Pitt has only been promoted on JTF's advertising board.

It's good to see e-feds still promoting here on RSPWF, and I hope they not only continue to do so, but also increasing in their postings. Let's get these damn spammers out of here once and for all. RSPWF has been a desolate wasteland for far too long.
    And probably will continue to be once this post has been submitted. All that being said though, I hope somebody out there comes back to these forums, and decides to clean it up and start getting things back on topic again.

If ya' do, say hello. Or fuck you, I don't care. These hallowed halls are damn lonely either way.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Mike@21:1/5 to All on Sun Aug 23 15:15:17 2015
    You forgot the biggest and well known of any feds. The one with our incredible women's division where the Sirens bring down the house week after week.

You forgot the CWF...

come check us out at

the new generation.

Mike A

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From mareoesco@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Sun Nov 8 16:52:46 2015
    It sure was a magical time. Quite a unique environment to grow up around.

- Yes, that Mario Escobedo.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Jason "The Bandit" Blake@21:1/5 to Mike on Fri Jan 27 11:54:38 2017
    On Sunday, 23 August 2015 17:02:36 UTC-5, Mike wrote:

Man still going at it after all these years, sure brings back memories.... Tell Brian I said hi!

come check us out at

the new generation.

Mike A

So a little history lesson for ya'. You remember way back, when the 'net was barely a pup and we had flame wars aplenty on here? Remember when, every single day, ten new feds would pop up and plug their shtako? Remember that group of "elitists"
    who talked down to everyone else? Blue, Buse, Jew, and the game? Yeah, mid-2005, Bren set up the Just The Facts e-wrestling website. And while that failed miserably, the board that was built along with it survived and thrived. In fact, most folks
    from the old RSPWF days went to JTF. It was familiar territory on a new medium.

And you better believe there were flame wars aplenty on JTF too. That same group stuck together over the years, though some came and went. Tons upon tons of feds passed through those forums as well. Sadly, if you didn't satisfy what they thought
    was acceptable, you rarely got their support, and had to build and survive on your own - which don't get me wrong, many a fed did in fact do.

Brian Bell tried bringing his old AMWC back, but that was short lived. He tried a few more too, before finally settling on Phoenix Valley Wrestling. Blue had another short run with EMWC, but now has been running AWA consistently for some time.
    Clint Fletcher had several successful runs, at least one with RCW, but others with IPW and SPW (South Pacific Wrestling) if I recall correctly. Mike Beeby's UWF continued on for many years, before shockingly closing and ultimately leading to Legacy Pro.

today.

But alas, it seems that JTF is finally on its deathbed. Most of the old "elitists" have gone. JTF has had slow times, but nothing like this. Now all that remains are Blue's AWA and a fledgling L-Pro. And discussion has dwindled to barely a
    whisper. The aforementioned Pitt has only been promoted on JTF's advertising board.

It's good to see e-feds still promoting here on RSPWF, and I hope they not only continue to do so, but also increasing in their postings. Let's get these damn spammers out of here once and for all. RSPWF has been a desolate wasteland for far too
    long. And probably will continue to be once this post has been submitted. All that being said though, I hope somebody out there comes back to these forums, and decides to clean it up and start getting things back on topic again.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From nathaniel.k.lee@gmail.com@21:1/5 to Jason "The Bandit" Blake on Wed May 3 11:51:25 2017
    On Friday, January 27, 2017 at 2:54:39 PM UTC-5, Jason "The Bandit" Blake wrote:
    On Sunday, 23 August 2015 17:02:36 UTC-5, Mike wrote:

Interesting... so there's no actual stat system in place... a GM basically books the matches?

Man still going at it after all these years, sure brings back memories.... Tell Brian I said hi!

come check us out at

the new generation.

Mike A

So a little history lesson for ya'. You remember way back, when the 'net was barely a pup and we had flame wars aplenty on here? Remember when, every single day, ten new feds would pop up and plug their shtako? Remember that group of "elitists"
    who talked down to everyone else? Blue, Buse, Jew, and the game? Yeah, mid-2005, Bren set up the Just The Facts e-wrestling website. And while that failed miserably, the board that was built along with it survived and thrived. In fact, most folks
    from the old RSPWF days went to JTF. It was familiar territory on a new medium.

And you better believe there were flame wars aplenty on JTF too. That same group stuck together over the years, though some came and went. Tons upon tons of feds passed through those forums as well. Sadly, if you didn't satisfy what they thought
    was acceptable, you rarely got their support, and had to build and survive on your own - which don't get me wrong, many a fed did in fact do.

Brian Bell tried bringing his old AMWC back, but that was short lived. He tried a few more too, before finally settling on Phoenix Valley Wrestling. Blue had another short run with EMWC, but now has been running AWA consistently for some time.
    Clint Fletcher had several successful runs, at least one with RCW, but others with IPW and SPW (South Pacific Wrestling) if I recall correctly. Mike Beeby's UWF continued on for many years, before shockingly closing and ultimately leading to Legacy Pro.

today.

But alas, it seems that JTF is finally on its deathbed. Most of the old "elitists" have gone. JTF has had slow times, but nothing like this. Now all that remains are Blue's AWA and a fledgling L-Pro. And discussion has dwindled to barely a
    whisper. The aforementioned Pitt has only been promoted on JTF's advertising board.

It's good to see e-feds still promoting here on RSPWF, and I hope they not only continue to do so, but also increasing in their postings. Let's get these damn spammers out of here once and for all. RSPWF has been a desolate wasteland for far too
    long. And probably will continue to be once this post has been submitted. All that being said though, I hope somebody out there comes back to these forums, and decides to clean it up and start getting things back on topic again.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Syn The Tic@21:1/5 to All on Fri May 5 17:08:24 2017
    Jason Blake... oh man that's a name from way back when. I'm 2 years late responding, but that's how things role in RSPWFville these days. How's it going man?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05