• Who's going to win the USian women's league?

From Mark@21:1/5 to All on Mon Mar 6 00:17:02 2023
    Things are too quiet on rss at the moment. What's happened to everybody? So I've decided to post this now, rather than wait till nearer the start of the tournament.

Who do you think will win the NWSL this year?

This was my shortlist when I was making my pre-season predictions:

North Carolina Courage
    Washington Spirit
    Portland Thorns
    Kansas City Current
    OL Reign
    San Diego Wave
    Houston Dash
    Chicago Red Stars

Not a very shortlist is it?; 8 of the 12 teams on it. Have I just not got a clue, or is it really as wide open this year as that short list suggests?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Michael Falkner@21:1/5 to All on Mon Mar 6 09:59:37 2023
    Is the women's league going to survive the season, or is male abuse of the women's soccer players that important to having a women's soccer league?

Just another of those realities...

Mike

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Mark@21:1/5 to Michael Falkner on Tue Mar 7 03:15:01 2023
    On Monday, March 6, 2023 at 5:59:38 PM UTC, Michael Falkner wrote:
    Is the women's league going to survive the season, or is male abuse of the women's soccer players that important to having a women's soccer league?

Just another of those realities...

Mike

It will survive. Hopefully not for the reason you're implying though.

Btw why are Kansas City Current called Kansas City Current? Is it Kansas City Current as opposed to Kansas City Past (ie FC Kansas City that folded in about 2018)? And why are San Diego Wave called San Diego Wave? That's a strange name too. And what
    happened to Mark Parsons? He left Portland Thorns to coach the Netherlands didn't he? Apparently he's the new coach of Washington Spirit. What went wrong with his role with the Netherlands?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05