• Re: (R implied) Club World Cup 2022

From Jesus Petry@21:1/5 to All on Tue Feb 7 13:06:33 2023
    Em terça-feira, 7 de fevereiro de 2023 às 17:46:13 UTC-3, Jesus Petry escreveu:
    Hey, Lléo!

Can we safely bwahahaha already?

Almost weaufxed it...

But it's over!

Flamengo 2 - 3 Al Hilal

Tchau!
    Jesus Petry

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Jesus Petry@21:1/5 to All on Tue Feb 7 12:46:11 2023
    Hey, Lléo!

Tchau!
    Jesus Petry

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Futbolmetrix@21:1/5 to jesus... on Tue Feb 7 16:35:08 2023
    On Tuesday, February 7, 2023 at 4:06:35 PM UTC-5, jesus... wrote:
    Hey, Lléo!

Almost weaufxed it...

But it's over!

Flamengo 2 - 3 Al Hilal

Schadenfreude is always good, but not great news for the prestige of the Libertadores Cup...

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From =?UTF-8?B?TGzDqW8=?=@21:1/5 to All on Tue Feb 7 17:58:22 2023
    Em terça-feira, 7 de fevereiro de 2023 às 18:06:35 UTC-3, Jesus Petry escreveu:
    Hey, Lléo!

Now we can :-)

Almost weaufxed it...

So THAT'S where their late goal came from...

But it's over!

Flamengo 2 - 3 Al Hilal

But at least they played "as equals", didn't they? :-)

A round of applause for Mr. Salem Al-Dawsari, who scored a winning golaço in Qatar'2022 against the soon-to-be world champions' in their only loss there. He strikes again. Two penalties, sure, but he got them in.

And here's to this journalist who roamed the streets of Barcelona last weekend asking the locals if they knew "the team that was going to play Real Madrid in the Club World Cup", and he didn't mean Al-Hilal...

Well, to be fair, that might still happen. Go Al Ahly!

Flamengo remains rich and with a strong squad by Brazilian standards - and once again we're reminded that these standards are quite far below where they used to be. Al-Hilal, I have no idea what to say about them, other than "thank you", of course :-) But they stand no chance against Real Madrid in the final.

Calling this an upset no longer sounds right, does it? I mean, since the last non-UEFA victory it's been 10 events. Conmebol made it to 5 finals, AFC to 3, CAF and Concacaf 1 each. If you're eliminated in half of your attempts, that's not really an upset. At most it is a mild one, considering the Conmebol sides still have a slight advantage over the others.

So, there it is. I'll leave my BWAHAHAHAHAH here, for what it's worth :-) Here's
    hoping Al Ahly at least makes things interesting tomorrow against the juggernauts.

Best regards,
    Lléo

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05