• Re: Knocked on the head

From Timothy Bruening@21:1/5 to ions...@gmail.com on Sun Dec 4 03:00:51 2022
    On Sunday, December 4, 2022 at 2:53:10 AM UTC-8, ions...@gmail.com wrote:
    On Sunday, December 4, 2022 at 4:52:29 AM UTC+2, Timothy Bruening wrote:
    Why don't soccer players wear helmets to protect their heads? -

To prevent them from killing one another. Them soccerers don’t wear body protection as in the American football.

If you ask me, I wouldn’t allow even them boots with those beasty cleats. Them soccerers should wear basketball shoes. Yup, they’d skid a lot more… but the game would be more fun. Like watching “Baba Novak” Djoković skidding on the Wimbledon
    lawn…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjLhpC-5b3c

The helmets would be to protect their heads from soccer ball impacts, not protect their heads from body impacts. It would be like baseball players wearing battling helmets to protect their heads from pitched balls!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Timothy Bruening@21:1/5 to ions...@gmail.com on Sun Dec 4 03:02:40 2022

To prevent them from killing one another. Them soccerers don’t wear body protection as in the American football.

If you ask me, I wouldn’t allow even them boots with those beasty cleats. Them soccerers should wear basketball shoes. Yup, they’d skid a lot more… but the game would be more fun. Like watching “Baba Novak” Djoković skidding on the Wimbledon
    lawn…

I was asking about the players' heads (which constantly have soccer balls bouncing off of them), not about their feet!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Ion Saliu@21:1/5 to Timothy Bruening on Sun Dec 4 02:50:59 2022
    Why don't soccer players wear helmets to protect their heads? To prevent them from killing one another. Them soccerers don’t wear body protection as in the American football.

If you ask me, I wouldn’t allow even them boots with those beasty cleats. Them soccerers should wear basketball shoes. Yup, they’d skid a lot more… but the game would be more fun. Like watching “Baba Novac” Djoković skidding on the Wimbledon
    lawn…

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Ion Saliu@21:1/5 to Timothy Bruening on Sun Dec 4 02:53:08 2022

lawn…

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Ion Saliu@21:1/5 to Timothy Bruening on Sun Dec 4 03:16:18 2022
    On Sunday, December 4, 2022 at 1:00:54 PM UTC+2, Timothy Bruening wrote:

If you ask me, I wouldn’t allow even them boots with those beasty cleats. Them soccerers should wear basketball shoes. Yup, they’d skid a lot more… but the game would be more fun. Like watching “Baba Novak” Djoković skidding on the
    Wimbledon lawn…

The helmets would be to protect their heads from soccer ball impacts, not protect their heads from body impacts. It would be like baseball players wearing battling helmets to protect their heads from pitched balls! -

Axiomatic One:

Soccer is a contact sport to a higher degree than baseball. I should say ‘inadvertent contact’. There are way too many head blows to the heart, solar plexus, genital areas. Methinks there would be far more deaths in soccer than in the American
    football. Let’s not forget that there are already lots of deaths in soccer… not on the pitch but in the stands… and the streets…

As for helmets, not even 1 in 10 players would accept wearing them. Breathing would become a terrible hardship. Them soccerers run a whole lot more — in space and time!

Even tibia protection bothers quite a few players…

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05