• Desert WM day1 Qatar v Ecaudor R

From Binder Dundat@21:1/5 to All on Sun Nov 20 06:18:46 2022
    Well, it starts today, with an opening game befitting this World Cup. Qatar vs Ecuador, yup I could boycott this game easily, it really is a game that doesnt stir any interest for me. I will watch, but in more ways just to see what will happen, I just
    dont trust this WM.

In some ways I maybe was hoping this might be an opening up of the middle east, but the no beer in stadiums and OK it is not real beer anyhow (Budweiser) but they had a deal and they broke it just a few days ago, so what else will they not do? any of you
    unmarried LBGTs going to Qatar, be careful over there. And what is the deal with this Infantino clown's press conference? It was like a serial killer lecturing on kindness and caring.

This actually should be an interesting WM because I think any number of teams could win it, I dont really see a clear favourite and the timing and everything makes things different. Like take for example, there is snow outside right now, how can I watch
    a WM, with snow on the ground????

All I really want is for a new team to win the Cup this time.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Binder Dundat@21:1/5 to Binder Dundat on Sun Nov 20 09:05:21 2022
    Qatar is not very good. Qat 0 - 2 Ecu HT

The fix looked on as the VARobots called back an early Ecuador goal, but it just doesnt matter, Ecuador will win this easily.

On Sunday, November 20, 2022 at 9:18:47 a.m. UTC-5, Binder Dundat wrote:
    Well, it starts today, with an opening game befitting this World Cup. Qatar vs Ecuador, yup I could boycott this game easily, it really is a game that doesnt stir any interest for me. I will watch, but in more ways just to see what will happen, I just
    dont trust this WM.

In some ways I maybe was hoping this might be an opening up of the middle east, but the no beer in stadiums and OK it is not real beer anyhow (Budweiser) but they had a deal and they broke it just a few days ago, so what else will they not do? any of
    you unmarried LBGTs going to Qatar, be careful over there. And what is the deal with this Infantino clown's press conference? It was like a serial killer lecturing on kindness and caring.

This actually should be an interesting WM because I think any number of teams could win it, I dont really see a clear favourite and the timing and everything makes things different. Like take for example, there is snow outside right now, how can I
    watch a WM, with snow on the ground????

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Real Mardin@21:1/5 to Binder Dundat on Sun Nov 20 09:18:01 2022
    On Sunday, November 20, 2022 at 2:18:47 PM UTC, Binder Dundat wrote:
    dont trust this WM.

In some ways I maybe was hoping this might be an opening up of the middle east, but the no beer in stadiums and OK it is not real beer anyhow (Budweiser) but they had a deal and they broke it just a few days ago, so what else will they not do? any of
    you unmarried LBGTs going to Qatar, be careful over there. And what is the deal with this Infantino clown's press conference? It was like a serial killer lecturing on kindness and caring.

This actually should be an interesting WM because I think any number of teams could win it, I dont really see a clear favourite and the timing and everything makes things different. Like take for example, there is snow outside right now, how can I

I’d usually be cooling down with an ice cold drink watching a World Cup match but instead I was drinking hot tea. It’s a strange feeling.

RM

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Michael Falkner@21:1/5 to LedZep IgaSwanTech on Sun Nov 20 11:10:11 2022
    On Sunday, November 20, 2022 at 11:07:02 AM UTC-8, LedZep IgaSwanTech wrote:
    On Sunday, November 20, 2022 at 11:05:23 AM UTC-6, Binder Dundat wrote:
    Yes. And they deserve a can of ass-whooping the next couple of matches.

Glad I'm boycotting, and glad the reports I was getting across the news were unfounded (eight Ecuadorian players being offered ~$1M apiece for a second-half goal for 1-0 hosts' win).

Mike

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From LedZep IgaSwanTech@21:1/5 to Binder Dundat on Sun Nov 20 11:07:00 2022
    On Sunday, November 20, 2022 at 11:05:23 AM UTC-6, Binder Dundat wrote:

Yes. And they deserve a can of ass-whooping the next couple of matches.

The fix looked on as the VARobots called back an early Ecuador goal, but it just doesnt matter, Ecuador will win this easily.
    Well, it starts today, with an opening game befitting this World Cup. Qatar vs Ecuador, yup I could boycott this game easily, it really is a game that doesnt stir any interest for me. I will watch, but in more ways just to see what will happen, I
    just dont trust this WM.

That's not a bad wish. I wish if it is a new team, it is an uber-attacking team with solid midfield and reasonable defence... not a bunch of defensive counter-attacking cunts.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From KaiserD2@21:1/5 to dundat@gmail.com on Sun Nov 20 17:13:10 2022
    Ecuador came to play--I was impressed. Qatar was also very far from
    the worst team I've ever seen in a WC. I was surprised by how the
    commentators went on and on about the missed chance at the end of the
    first half (I didn't say by whom!) I thought it would clearly have
    been disallowed for offside.

David Kaiser (who has been showing up here for big events since 2002,
    the Age of Victoria Barrett)

On Sun, 20 Nov 2022 06:18:46 -0800 (PST), Binder Dundat
    <dundat@gmail.com> wrote:

dont trust this WM.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Binder Dundat@21:1/5 to Binder Dundat on Sun Nov 20 13:59:13 2022
    On Sunday, November 20, 2022 at 12:05:23 p.m. UTC-5, Binder Dundat wrote:

Well, it starts today, with an opening game befitting this World Cup. Qatar vs Ecuador, yup I could boycott this game easily, it really is a game that doesnt stir any interest for me. I will watch, but in more ways just to see what will happen, I
    just dont trust this WM.

I guess if you are LBGTetc, you should be careful in the U.S as well.
    qatar looked poor, like really bad, like Curacao would beat them bad. In the end Ecuador did not run up a scoreline, which they could have, but the result was never in doubt. I dont think Ecuador is as good as the commentators would have you believe,
    but it will be interesting to see how good they are defensively against the Dutch

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Real Mardin@21:1/5 to All on Sun Nov 20 14:27:46 2022
    On Sunday, November 20, 2022 at 10:13:16 PM UTC, KaiserD2 wrote:
    the worst team I've ever seen in a WC.

I've watched every World Cup since 1990 and I'm struggling to think of a worse performance by a host nation. The first half was practically played in Qatar's half.

OTOH they're the Asian Champions so I assume they must have something going for them.

From Qatar's perspective Ecuador was surely the game they'd have planned to win to give them a realistic chance of getting out of the group. With Senegal and Netherlands to come things look bleak for them.

RM

I was surprised by how the
    commentators went on and on about the missed chance at the end of the
    first half (I didn't say by whom!) I thought it would clearly have

<dun...@gmail.com> wrote:

dont trust this WM.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Real Mardin@21:1/5 to Blueshirt on Sun Nov 20 14:30:37 2022
    On Sunday, November 20, 2022 at 10:22:26 PM UTC, Blueshirt wrote:
    Binder Dundat wrote:

The fix looked on as the VARobots called back an early Ecuador goal,
    but it just doesnt matter, Ecuador will win this easily.
    I noticed Uncle Gianni sitting in the stands next to Saudi Arabia’s
    Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman... does this mean a World Cup is on
    the cards for Saudi Arabia?

And more Petrodollars for FIFA?

Watch this space...

I had better start my 3000 years of apologising in advance...

RM

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Binder Dundat@21:1/5 to Real Mardin on Sun Nov 20 14:46:37 2022
    On Sunday, November 20, 2022 at 5:27:48 p.m. UTC-5, Real Mardin wrote:
    On Sunday, November 20, 2022 at 10:13:16 PM UTC, KaiserD2 wrote:
    the worst team I've ever seen in a WC.
    I've watched every World Cup since 1990 and I'm struggling to think of a worse performance by a host nation. The first half was practically played in Qatar's half.

Qatar looked really bad, they were far worse than any host nation I can think of. Now i am willing to say it might have been nerves, but they did not put three passes together all match. I dunno, maybe S Africa was the weakest host I can think of and
    they were far better than this timid, lifeless Qatar team.

OTOH they're the Asian Champions so I assume they must have something going for them.

Does not bode well for the other Asian teams.

From Qatar's perspective Ecuador was surely the game they'd have planned to win to give them a realistic chance of getting out of the group. With Senegal and Netherlands to come things look bleak for them.

Sadio Mane will be a big miss for Senegal.

RM
    I was surprised by how the
    commentators went on and on about the missed chance at the end of the first half (I didn't say by whom!) I thought it would clearly have

<dun...@gmail.com> wrote:

just dont trust this WM.

In some ways I maybe was hoping this might be an opening up of the middle east, but the no beer in stadiums and OK it is not real beer anyhow (Budweiser) but they had a deal and they broke it just a few days ago, so what else will they not do? any
    of you unmarried LBGTs going to Qatar, be careful over there. And what is the deal with this Infantino clown's press conference? It was like a serial killer lecturing on kindness and caring.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Real Mardin@21:1/5 to Binder Dundat on Sun Nov 20 14:56:45 2022
    On Sunday, November 20, 2022 at 10:46:39 PM UTC, Binder Dundat wrote:
    On Sunday, November 20, 2022 at 5:27:48 p.m. UTC-5, Real Mardin wrote:

Sadio Mane will be a big miss for Senegal.

I've only just found out that he's injured. I picked him in my fantasy team :( Time to make a transfer!

Given Senegal were quite tight defensively in the last AFCON still hard to see Qatar scoring against them on tonight's evidence, but it might just have been an off day for Qatar.

RM

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Blueshirt@21:1/5 to Binder Dundat on Sun Nov 20 23:22:23 2022
    Binder Dundat wrote:

And more Petrodollars for FIFA?

Watch this space...

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Michael Falkner@21:1/5 to Blueshirt on Sun Nov 20 15:57:35 2022
    On Sunday, November 20, 2022 at 2:22:26 PM UTC-8, Blueshirt wrote:
    Binder Dundat wrote:

They want 2030.

Mike

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Blueshirt@21:1/5 to Michael Falkner on Mon Nov 21 12:31:30 2022
    Michael Falkner wrote:

On Sunday, November 20, 2022 at 2:22:26 PM UTC-8, Blueshirt wrote:

Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman... does this mean a World Cup is
    on the cards for Saudi Arabia?

They want 2030.

2030 should be South America... of course, with FIFA and enough
    back-handers, who knows?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Mark@21:1/5 to Binder Dundat on Mon Nov 21 06:13:52 2022
    On Sunday, November 20, 2022 at 2:18:47 PM UTC, Binder Dundat wrote:
    Well, it starts today, with an opening game befitting this World Cup.

The Champions of Asia against the 4th best (in the World Cup qualifiers) South American team.

I think 2-0 to Ecuador was a fair reflection of the balance of play. A deserved win and a decent start for Ecuador.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05