• Mark's All-time Independiente XI

From Mark@21:1/5 to All on Fri Oct 7 05:05:38 2022
    Goalkeeper: .................... Miguel Ángel Santoro
    Defense: ... Francisco Sá Hugo Villaverde Gabriel Milito Ricardo Pavoni Midfield: ..............................José Omar Pastoriza ................................ Jorge Burruchaga Ricardo Bochini
    Forwards: ........ Daniel Bertoni Arsenio Erico Raimundo Orsi

I decided to go for a 4-3-3 formation in the end, as 4-3-3 seems to be making a comeback these days. Could you even call it a 4-1-2-3 formation? Or not, as José Omar Pastoriza isn't specifically a defensive midfielder? I'm concerned it's a bit too
    attackive a formation, as there's no defensive midfielder. I'd left out Luis Artime as it was though! So I could hardly omit any of the other legendary forwards or midfielders.

The best defensive midfielder I could find was Francisco Silva, he didn't seem quite good enough to include instead of Pastoriza though.

I made 2 interesting discoveries during my search on Wikipedia for players to consider for this. Ramon Quiroga, of Argentina 6 Peru 0 at the 1978 World Cup goalkeeping fame, played for Independiente from 1975-76. And Nicolás Tagliafico is a better
    player than I ever realized; a leading contender for the most under-rated player in the World title currently. I didn't think he was quite good enough to include instead of Ricardo Pavoni at left back though. He's played 42 times for Argentina though,
    which is more times than Ricardo Pavoni did.

How many substitutes do I get? Maybe Nicolás Tagliafico, Francisco Silva and Luis Artime can be on the substitutes bench.

What do you all think?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Mark@21:1/5 to Mark on Sun Oct 9 01:00:28 2022
    On Friday, October 7, 2022 at 1:05:40 PM UTC+1, Mark wrote:
    Goalkeeper: .................... Miguel Ángel Santoro
    Defense: ... Francisco Sá Hugo Villaverde Gabriel Milito Ricardo Pavoni Midfield: ..............................José Omar Pastoriza ................................ Jorge Burruchaga Ricardo Bochini
    Forwards: ........ Daniel Bertoni Arsenio Erico Raimundo Orsi

I decided to go for a 4-3-3 formation in the end, as 4-3-3 seems to be making a comeback these days. Could you even call it a 4-1-2-3 formation? Or not, as José Omar Pastoriza isn't specifically a defensive midfielder? I'm concerned it's a bit too
    attackive a formation, as there's no defensive midfielder. I'd left out Luis Artime as it was though! So I could hardly omit any of the other legendary forwards or midfielders.

The best defensive midfielder I could find was Francisco Silva, he didn't seem quite good enough to include instead of Pastoriza though.

I made 2 interesting discoveries during my search on Wikipedia for players to consider for this. Ramon Quiroga, of Argentina 6 Peru 0 at the 1978 World Cup goalkeeping fame, played for Independiente from 1975-76. And Nicolás Tagliafico is a better
    player than I ever realized; a leading contender for the most under-rated player in the World title currently. I didn't think he was quite good enough to include instead of Ricardo Pavoni at left back though. He's played 42 times for Argentina though,
    which is more times than Ricardo Pavoni did.

How many substitutes do I get? Maybe Nicolás Tagliafico, Francisco Silva and Luis Artime can be on the substitutes bench.

What do you all think?

Nobody got any comments on this? Feel free to post your All-time XI for own favourite teams. Or, better still, post your own Independiente All time XI. (And I'll look up any players you pick that I didn't include, on Wikipedia, and see if I can improve
    my team.)

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)