• The "next Haaland" list

From LedZep IgaSwanTech@21:1/5 to All on Sun Oct 2 15:50:21 2022
    So far, every time a new young striker scores some goals, he is touted as the next Haaland.

Benjamin Sesko (Slovenia)
    Rosmus Hojland (Denmark)
    Andreas Schjelderup (Norway)

are the ones I see as talked as the next Haaland. Schjelderup is not a striker but still touted as the next Haaland, perhaps because he is from Norway?

Who else is being touted as "next Haaland"?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Binder Dundat@21:1/5 to LedZep IgaSwanTech on Sun Oct 2 17:19:35 2022
    On Sunday, October 2, 2022 at 6:50:22 p.m. UTC-4, LedZep IgaSwanTech wrote:
    So far, every time a new young striker scores some goals, he is touted as the next Haaland.

Rosmus Hojland (Denmark)

are the ones I see as talked as the next Haaland. Schjelderup is not a striker but still touted as the next Haaland, perhaps because he is from Norway?

It seems a bit early to be touting "the next Haaland" when Haaland is just now becoming the next Haaland.
    But yeah, I dont know how long it will last, but Phenomenal numbers already.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Werner Pichler@21:1/5 to LedZep IgaSwanTech on Sun Oct 2 17:53:02 2022
    On Monday, October 3, 2022 at 12:50:22 AM UTC+2, LedZep IgaSwanTech wrote:

Rosmus Hojland (Denmark)

I venture the main reason those two are called that is because they also came through the
    Austrian Bundesliga (and, in Højlund's case, because the name's a bit similar). But while they
    are indeed fine strikers, and it's a bit flattering not to mention quite lucrative that there's
    this sudden increased interest in our clubs, neither of them is in the same class as Haaland.

In the last twenty years, there have been only three under-20 players in the Austrian League
    who I (and most people watching) would immediately have recognized as being totally in a
    league of their own*, and those were Haaland, Sadio Mané, and someone who unfortunately
    didn't pan out quite as expected, Naby Keïta.

*here's proof of my told-ya-so: https://groups.google.com/g/rec.sport.soccer/c/t9f9_0cyJCk/m/esUDy5osAwAJ

Ciao,
    Werner

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Futbolmetrix@21:1/5 to Werner Pichler on Sun Oct 2 21:41:01 2022
    On Sunday, October 2, 2022 at 8:53:03 PM UTC-4, Werner Pichler wrote:

*here's proof of my told-ya-so: https://groups.google.com/g/rec.sport.soccer/c/t9f9_0cyJCk/m/esUDy5osAwAJ

If only Norway were a Fantasy Scout nation...

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Al Kamista@21:1/5 to LedZep IgaSwanTech on Mon Oct 3 05:55:23 2022
    On Sunday, October 2, 2022 at 6:50:22 PM UTC-4, LedZep IgaSwanTech wrote:

Rosmus Hojland (Denmark)

The level Haaland and Mbappe are displaying makes them genuine contenders for the next Ronaldo-Messi axis.

And this is not just some media moniker used to continue the Ronaldo-Messi type hype for another decade; these two are genuinely displaying a level where they are capable of making their teams almost unbeatable.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From LedZep IgaSwanTech@21:1/5 to alka...@hotmail.com on Mon Oct 3 09:23:12 2022
    On Monday, October 3, 2022 at 7:55:25 AM UTC-5, alka...@hotmail.com wrote:

Rosmus Hojland (Denmark)

The level Haaland and Mbappe are displaying makes them genuine contenders for the next Ronaldo-Messi axis.

And this is not just some media moniker used to continue the Ronaldo-Messi type hype for another decade; these two are genuinely displaying a level where they are capable of making their teams almost unbeatable.
    So should Manchester City buy Mbappe ;-)

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Werner Pichler@21:1/5 to alka...@hotmail.com on Mon Oct 3 15:39:04 2022
    On Monday, October 3, 2022 at 2:55:25 PM UTC+2, alka...@hotmail.com wrote:

Rosmus Hojland (Denmark)

And this is not just some media moniker used to continue the Ronaldo-Messi type hype for another decade; these two are genuinely displaying a level where they are capable of making their teams almost
    unbeatable.

Not a Bundesliga fraud then.

Ciao,
    Werner

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Al Kamista@21:1/5 to Werner Pichler on Tue Oct 4 18:59:56 2022
    On Monday, October 3, 2022 at 6:39:06 PM UTC-4, Werner Pichler wrote:
    On Monday, October 3, 2022 at 2:55:25 PM UTC+2, alka...@hotmail.com wrote:

Rosmus Hojland (Denmark)

And this is not just some media moniker used to continue the Ronaldo-Messi type hype for another decade; these two are genuinely displaying a level where they are capable of making their teams almost
    unbeatable.
    Not a Bundesliga fraud then.

Nope. Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05