• Sweden v Spain (Olympics qualifier) (R)

From Mark@21:1/5 to All on Sun Sep 17 08:30:35 2023
    Sweden play Spain, the World Champions, in the Women's Nations League on Friday, kick-off 16:30 UTC. It's being used as the qualifiers for the Olympics, so it's a big match. Does anyone know where I can watch it online?

Most, if not all, of the Spain players that played at the World Cup are refusing to play for Spain right now, so I don't know how strong a team Spain are going to have.

Hopefully, if I get to see it, it'll be an interesting game anyway.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Mark@21:1/5 to Mark on Sat Sep 23 03:06:49 2023
    On Sunday, September 17, 2023 at 4:30:37 PM UTC+1, Mark wrote:
    Sweden play Spain, the World Champions, in the Women's Nations League on Friday, kick-off 16:30 UTC. It's being used as the qualifiers for the Olympics, so it's a big match. Does anyone know where I can watch it online?

Most, if not all, of the Spain players that played at the World Cup are refusing to play for Spain right now, so I don't know how strong a team Spain are going to have.

Hopefully, if I get to see it, it'll be an interesting game anyway.

Due to internet problems I saw more or less none of the 1st half. I saw most of the 2nd half though. Judging from what I saw, Spain didn't play as though their morale was particularly low because of the current situation, they played quite well. It
    looked a pretty even game, I think a draw would have been the fairest result.

I'm unsure about the last minute penalty. At first I thought "No way!", but I was less sure after seeing the replay of it.

So, does this result make Spain the favourites to win the Olympics?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)