• Sex (Spain Women's national team)

From Mark@21:1/5 to All on Wed Aug 23 01:25:37 2023
    Jennifer Hermoso kissed on the lips by Luis Rubiales and all the controversy that's caused; although I can't see what a kiss has got to do with sex personally. And now the coach has been caught on camera apparently touching a female's chest (1 of the
    assistant coaches I think).

Also, not sex related, Olga Carmona found out just after the Final that her father had died.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Michael Falkner@21:1/5 to Mark on Wed Aug 23 08:32:50 2023
    On Wednesday, August 23, 2023 at 1:25:39 AM UTC-7, Mark wrote:
    Jennifer Hermoso kissed on the lips by Luis Rubiales and all the controversy that's caused; although I can't see what a kiss has got to do with sex personally. And now the coach has been caught on camera apparently touching a female's chest (1 of the
    assistant coaches I think).

Is anyone shocked? There are only two purposes to women's sport:

Sexual objectification by men

and going after the LGBTQ community.

Mike

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Blueshirt@21:1/5 to Mark on Thu Aug 24 01:57:52 2023
    Mark wrote:

Jennifer Hermoso kissed on the lips by Luis Rubiales and all the
    controversy that's caused; although I can't see what a kiss has got to
    do with sex personally.

I suppose it depends on what part of her he's kissing!

And now the coach has been caught on camera apparently
    touching a female's chest (1 of the assistant coaches I
    think).

Methinks Luis Rubiales is a bit of a perv...

There are bigger things going on in the world though.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Mark@21:1/5 to Blueshirt on Thu Aug 24 01:13:58 2023
    On Thursday, August 24, 2023 at 12:57:57 AM UTC+1, Blueshirt wrote:
    Mark wrote:

Jennifer Hermoso kissed on the lips by Luis Rubiales and all the controversy that's caused; although I can't see what a kiss has got to
    do with sex personally.

A kiss on the lips has possibly got romantic connotations, but I don't understand why people are describing it as sexual assault.

think).

Apparently, Luis Rubiales also went into the dressing room and said the FA would pay for a trip to Ibiza for the team or something, and he'd marry Jennifer Hermoso there. That was, if not inappropriate, rather strange. If people want to make a fuss, it
    would make more sense to make a fuss about that rather than a kiss wouldn't it?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Mark@21:1/5 to Mark on Sun Aug 27 06:07:07 2023
    On Thursday, August 24, 2023 at 9:14:00 AM UTC+1, Mark wrote:
    On Thursday, August 24, 2023 at 12:57:57 AM UTC+1, Blueshirt wrote:
    Mark wrote:

Jennifer Hermoso kissed on the lips by Luis Rubiales and all the controversy that's caused; although I can't see what a kiss has got to do with sex personally.
    A kiss on the lips has possibly got romantic connotations, but I don't understand why people are describing it as sexual assault.
    think).

Apparently, Luis Rubiales also went into the dressing room and said the FA would pay for a trip to Ibiza for the team or something, and he'd marry Jennifer Hermoso there. That was, if not inappropriate, rather strange. If people want to make a fuss, it
    would make more sense to make a fuss about that rather than a kiss wouldn't it?

Apparently Jennifer Hermoso is now claiming she felt vulnerable and felt as if she was being assaulted. Didn't she originally say it was a minor anecdote with little significance? That doesn't seem consistent.

She's saying she didn't particularly like it, and it was done without consent; that much is believable. But why would you need anyone's consent to give them a kiss, any more than you'd need someone's consent to give them a birthday card?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Futbolmetrix@21:1/5 to Mark on Sun Aug 27 08:49:25 2023
    On Sunday, August 27, 2023 at 9:07:09 AM UTC-4, Mark wrote:

Apparently Jennifer Hermoso is now claiming she felt vulnerable and felt as if she was being assaulted. Didn't she originally say it was a minor anecdote with little significance?

No, she didn't. Those were made-up quotes by the RFEF (the Spanish FA), desperately trying to defend Rubiales.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Al Kamista@21:1/5 to Futbolmetrix on Mon Aug 28 16:31:34 2023
    On Sunday, August 27, 2023 at 10:49:28 AM UTC-5, Futbolmetrix wrote:

Apparently Jennifer Hermoso is now claiming she felt vulnerable and felt as if she was being assaulted. Didn't she originally say it was a minor anecdote with little significance?
    No, she didn't. Those were made-up quotes by the RFEF (the Spanish FA), desperately trying to defend Rubiales.

In the meantime, Rubiales's mom has locked herself inside a church and gone on hunger strike.

Someone pass the popcorn.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From =?UTF-8?B?TGzDqW8=?=@21:1/5 to All on Mon Aug 28 19:54:19 2023
    Al Kamista escreveu:

Apparently Jennifer Hermoso is now claiming she felt vulnerable and
    felt as if she was being assaulted. Didn't she originally say it was a minor anecdote with little significance?

In the meantime, Rubiales's mom has locked herself inside a church and gone on hunger strike.

Also, RFEF General Secretary Andreu Camps requested UEFA to suspend Spanish clubs from European competitions (and also the national team from Euro 2024) due to "government interference" in the federation, due to their actions against
    Rubiales.

Never gonna happen, of course, but this is how bizarre things got. Sr. Camps showed he'd be willing to work against its own members, clubs and national team, to save his boss. More popcorn, please :-)

Best regards,

Lléo

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Mark@21:1/5 to Al Kamista on Tue Aug 29 06:21:42 2023
    On Tuesday, August 29, 2023 at 12:31:37 AM UTC+1, Al Kamista wrote:

To some extent I don't blame her. They're trying to get him prosecuted for sexual assault. What's sexual about a kiss?! It does seem a bit over the top.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Al Kamista@21:1/5 to All on Tue Aug 29 20:45:26 2023
    On Monday, August 28, 2023 at 9:54:22 PM UTC-5, Lléo wrote:
    Al Kamista escreveu:

In the meantime, Rubiales's mom has locked herself inside a church and gone
    on hunger strike.

Also, RFEF General Secretary Andreu Camps requested UEFA to suspend Spanish clubs from European competitions (and also the national team from Euro 2024) due to "government interference" in the federation, due to their actions against
    Rubiales.

Never gonna happen, of course, but this is how bizarre things got. Sr. Camps showed he'd be willing to work against its own members, clubs and national team, to save his boss. More popcorn, please :-)

When the firing squad does inevitably show up, it will be more than just Rubiales that goes. RFEF seems to operate like a mafia, or a cult of personality. This is a horrible look for Spanish football.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Werner Pichler@21:1/5 to Mark on Wed Aug 30 03:56:19 2023
    On Tuesday, August 29, 2023 at 3:21:44 PM UTC+2, Mark wrote:

To some extent I don't blame her. They're trying to get him prosecuted for sexual assault. What's sexual about a kiss?! It does seem a bit over the top.

OK then so it's just assault.

Ciao,
    Werner

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Mark@21:1/5 to Werner Pichler on Wed Aug 30 06:49:31 2023
    On Wednesday, August 30, 2023 at 11:56:21 AM UTC+1, Werner Pichler wrote:

Ciao,
    Werner

Possibly. Wouldn't that be like saying someone's guilty of assault if they held someone's arm as a friendly gesture and then let go when they were asked to though?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Blueshirt@21:1/5 to Mark on Wed Aug 30 17:12:32 2023
    Mark wrote:

On Wednesday, August 30, 2023 at 11:56:21 AM UTC+1, Werner Pichler
    wrote:

To some extent I don't blame her. They're trying to get him
    prosecuted for sexual assault. What's sexual about a kiss?! It does
    seem a bit over the top.

Possibly. Wouldn't that be like saying someone's guilty of assault if
    they held someone's arm as a friendly gesture and then let go when they
    were asked to though?

The way the world is going Mark, never say never...

I just think it's a pity that this 'kiss' thing has spoiled what should
    have been a national celebration in Spain over the success of their
    women's team being World Champions!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05