• Germany v Colombia WWC 2023 (R)

From Mark@21:1/5 to All on Sun Jul 30 08:53:28 2023
    Colombia scored probably the best goal of the tournament so far, and led for a while, until Germany equalized from a penalty with about 10 minutes left. Then with probably less than a minute left, Colombia scored again, and achieved the biggest surprise
    result of the tournament so far. Germany 1 Colombia 2!

I thought it was an even game myself and a draw would have been the fairest result, but who'd begrudge Colombia a win like that?

Btw why does Sara Dabritz keep platting her hair? It doesn't look as nice like that. I'm not enjoying watching her play as much these days.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Mark@21:1/5 to Mark on Mon Jul 31 00:15:21 2023
    On Sunday, July 30, 2023 at 4:53:29 PM UTC+1, Mark wrote:
    Colombia scored probably the best goal of the tournament so far, and led for a while, until Germany equalized from a penalty with about 10 minutes left. Then with probably less than a minute left, Colombia scored again, and achieved the biggest
    surprise result of the tournament so far. Germany 1 Colombia 2!

I thought it was an even game myself and a draw would have been the fairest result, but who'd begrudge Colombia a win like that?

Btw why does Sara Dabritz keep platting her hair? It doesn't look as nice like that. I'm not enjoying watching her play as much these days.

Svenja Huth seemed to be playing as a right back. I think she normally plays as a forward for her club and as a midfielder for Germany. Now Germany have got her playing as a defender?! What's that about?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Futbolmetrix@21:1/5 to Mark on Mon Jul 31 04:24:38 2023
    On Sunday, July 30, 2023 at 11:53:29 AM UTC-4, Mark wrote:
    Colombia scored probably the best goal of the tournament so far,

Fantastic golazo by 18-year old Linda Caicedo, who is headed to Real Madrid and looks like a true talent.

and led for a while, until Germany equalized from a penalty with about 10 minutes left.

I was about to post my usual standardized commentary for Germany's WC matches...

Then with probably less than a minute left, Colombia scored again, and achieved the biggest surprise result of the tournament so far. Germany 1 Colombia 2!

But something is not right with Germany any more...

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Futbolmetrix@21:1/5 to Mark on Mon Jul 31 04:20:52 2023
    On Monday, July 31, 2023 at 3:15:24 AM UTC-4, Mark wrote:

Svenja Huth seemed to be playing as a right back. I think she normally plays as a forward for her club and as a midfielder for Germany. Now Germany have got her playing as a defender?! What's that about?

Injury epidemic left them without any right backs *or* left backs

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From svaral33@21:1/5 to All on Mon Jul 31 04:38:35 2023
    Dňa pondelok 31. júla 2023 o 13:24:40 UTC+2 používateľ Futbolmetrix napísal:
    On Sunday, July 30, 2023 at 11:53:29 AM UTC-4, Mark wrote:
    Colombia scored probably the best goal of the tournament so far,
    Fantastic golazo by 18-year old Linda Caicedo, who is headed to Real Madrid and looks like a true talent.
    and led for a while, until Germany equalized from a penalty with about 10 minutes left.
    I was about to post my usual standardized commentary for Germany's WC matches...
    Then with probably less than a minute left, Colombia scored again, and achieved the biggest surprise result of the tournament so far. Germany 1 Colombia 2!
    But something is not right with Germany any more...

I think announcers mentioned it was their first loss in group stage since 1995, which is incredible stat. Im not much into women football, this game was first full women game I ever watched and gotta admit it was much better than expected.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05