• Norway v New Zealand WWC 2023 (R)

From Mark@21:1/5 to All on Thu Jul 20 04:34:41 2023
    Norway will not win the World Cup.

I managed to find the BBC's broadcast of this online, and what were they doing as soon as I started watching? Going on and on about England!! They didn't mention Norway or New Zealand till about 6 minutes before kick-off time!

Anyway, the 1st half seemed pretty even. In the 2nd half, New Zealand definitely looked the better team though. Norway didn't play well.

New Zealand had a penalty fairly late in the 2nd half; I thought the handball looked just outside the penalty area myself. They hit the crossbar from the penalty anyway though.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Futbolmetrix@21:1/5 to Mark on Thu Jul 20 05:50:10 2023
    On Thursday, July 20, 2023 at 7:34:43 AM UTC-4, Mark wrote:

I managed to find the BBC's broadcast of this online, and what were they doing as soon as I started watching? Going on and on about England!! They didn't mention Norway or New Zealand till about 6 minutes before kick-off time!

Anyway, the 1st half seemed pretty even. In the 2nd half, New Zealand definitely looked the better team though. Norway didn't play well.

New Zealand had a penalty fairly late in the 2nd half; I thought the handball looked just outside the penalty area myself. They hit the crossbar from the penalty anyway though.

I caught some fragments of AUS-IRL (FT: 1-0, Catley penalty early in the second half). Ireland barely came out of its half until the goal, but then put the Matildas under some pressure in the final minutes. Lots of corners and set pieces, but no real
    chances to speak of.

I don't particularly like the Aussies, but let's hope they go far in the tournament -- packed stadiums are a good thing. Sam Kerr was out due to injury and will likely miss the next match too.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Mark@21:1/5 to Futbolmetrix on Fri Jul 21 02:30:46 2023
    On Thursday, July 20, 2023 at 1:50:13 PM UTC+1, Futbolmetrix wrote:
    On Thursday, July 20, 2023 at 7:34:43 AM UTC-4, Mark wrote:

I caught some fragments of AUS-IRL (FT: 1-0, Catley penalty early in the second half). Ireland barely came out of its half until the goal, but then put the Matildas under some pressure in the final minutes. Lots of corners and set pieces, but no real
    chances to speak of.

I don't particularly like the Aussies, but let's hope they go far in the tournament -- packed stadiums are a good thing. Sam Kerr was out due to injury and will likely miss the next match too.

I forgot to mention; New Zealand and Norway were both playing in their away strip. Can anyone explain that one to me?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05