• C2 Erg shock cord replacement and spares

From Mike De Petris@21:1/5 to All on Sun Dec 13 00:48:20 2020
    Where would you buy a shock cord replacement? It's quite expensive to buy it online, would any 6mm elastic cord do the job?
    Are there alternatives that would ship to Italy for an acceptable cost?
    Of course there is C2 based in Rome, but I'm much closer to Slovenia, Croatia and Austria.
    It's just an elastic band after all.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Walter Martindale@21:1/5 to mikede...@gmail.com on Fri Jan 29 05:59:36 2021
    On Sunday, 13 December 2020 at 01:48:22 UTC-7, mikede...@gmail.com wrote:
    Where would you buy a shock cord replacement? It's quite expensive to buy it online, would any 6mm elastic cord do the job?
    Of course there is C2 based in Rome, but I'm much closer to Slovenia, Croatia and Austria.
    email Concept2 and ask after their European suppliers. The "genuine" C2 shock cord lasts for years of hard use if they're installed correctly so, in a "per use" cost they're not really that expensive.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Mike De Petris@21:1/5 to Walter Martindale on Fri Jan 29 09:04:44 2021
    On Friday, January 29, 2021 at 2:59:37 PM UTC+1, Walter Martindale wrote:
    On Sunday, 13 December 2020 at 01:48:22 UTC-7, mike wrote:
    email Concept2 and ask after their European suppliers. The "genuine" C2 shock cord lasts for years of hard use if they're installed correctly so, in a "per use" cost they're not really that expensive.

yes in the end I bought the real thing from C2 Italy, so I also put a phone holder in the basket =)

This new green band is quite different by the usual blue old one I have, it seems it has a more durable cover

I still didn't replace the old one anyway, I pulled it a bit from both sides to study the effect, it seems it still does not pull enough as younger ergs, but it is better

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05