• Junior quad capsize in Ireland

From Robin@21:1/5 to All on Wed Nov 3 03:46:43 2021
    There's a thread on r/rowing about a serious accident in Ireland that left a young girl with brain damage. The thread brings together several news reports from the time, plus the findings of the investigation.

Worth reading by anyone interested in making rowing safer. And isn't that everyone? Strikes me that there isn't a channel through which this kind of information can be disseminated to BR members.

Anyway, here's the link https://www.reddit.com/r/Rowing/comments/ql4qlk/junior_quad_capsize_neardrowning_in_ireland_new/

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From carl@21:1/5 to Robin on Thu Nov 4 15:29:00 2021
    On 03/11/2021 10:46, Robin wrote:
    There's a thread on r/rowing about a serious accident in Ireland that left a young girl with brain damage. The thread brings together several news reports from the time, plus the findings of the investigation.

Worth reading by anyone interested in making rowing safer. And isn't that everyone? Strikes me that there isn't a channel through which this kind of information can be disseminated to BR members.

Anyway, here's the link https://www.reddit.com/r/Rowing/comments/ql4qlk/junior_quad_capsize_neardrowning_in_ireland_new/

You'll find a fair bit of coverage on Masters Rowing, over on FB. And
    BR members would do well to look beyond BR for up to date safety
    information & advice.

Cheers -
    Carl

--
    Carl Douglas Racing Shells -
    Fine Small-Boats/AeRoWing Low-drag Riggers/Advanced Accessories
    Write: Harris Boatyard, Laleham Reach, Chertsey KT16 8RP, UK
    Find: tinyurl.com/2tqujf
    Email: carl@carldouglasrowing.com Tel: +44(0)1932-570946 Fax: -563682
    URLs: carldouglasrowing.com & now on Facebook @ CarlDouglasRacingShells

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Marc Messing@21:1/5 to carl on Sat Nov 6 07:32:01 2021
    Two weeks ago I created a RowingSafety subgroup on Reddit, r/Rowing Safety, in the hopes that it will become a forum for reporting and discussing accidents. I haven't posted anything yet aside from a note that more rowers drowned in the US this year (
    four) than whitewater kayakers (three). Unlike BR USRowing makes no attempt to track accidents beyond insurance claims and, as a former member of the USR Safety Committee, I am not aware of any discussions that were ever held about the accident data.

Marc

On Thursday, November 4, 2021 at 11:29:00 AM UTC-4, carl wrote:
    On 03/11/2021 10:46, Robin wrote:

You'll find a fair bit of coverage on Masters Rowing, over on FB. And
    BR members would do well to look beyond BR for up to date safety
    information & advice.

Cheers -
    Carl

--
    Carl Douglas Racing Shells -
    Fine Small-Boats/AeRoWing Low-drag Riggers/Advanced Accessories
    Write: Harris Boatyard, Laleham Reach, Chertsey KT16 8RP, UK
    Find: tinyurl.com/2tqujf
    Email: ca...@carldouglasrowing.com Tel: +44(0)1932-570946 Fax: -563682
    URLs: carldouglasrowing.com & now on Facebook @ CarlDouglasRacingShells

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05