• ex-DZ operator Mayfield jailed

From mikeandkadys@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Wed Nov 8 18:14:34 2017
    He's a horrible person. I'm glad he's gone from this world. I was one of the people in the plane (18 years old) who survived because I didn't jump first. Lee died and I was saved. FAA says my chute would not have opened either.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From lisannesells@gmail.com@21:1/5 to mikean...@gmail.com on Tue Feb 13 23:32:08 2018
    On Wednesday, November 8, 2017 at 6:14:35 PM UTC-8, mikean...@gmail.com wrote:
    He's a horrible person. I'm glad he's gone from this world. I was one of the people in the plane (18 years old) who survived because I didn't jump first. Lee died and I was saved. FAA says my chute would not have opened either.

I am Lee's niece....and I can honestly say that I jumped with joy the day that Ted Mayfield died. His GROSS negligence and clear lack of giving-a-shit was directly responsible for my uncle's death...among others.
    I have followed the stories of MANY jumpers that used Mayfield's services. There were copious amounts of alcohol and drugs in his flight school at any given time and he was known for partying at every occasion.

Mayfield died a fitting death. Karma is a bitch. Hope he enjoys hell. (Yes...I'm bitter. The sentences that Mayfield received were ridiculous.)

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From ynotssor@gmail.com@21:1/5 to mikean...@gmail.com on Thu Mar 1 23:19:28 2018
    On Wednesday, November 8, 2017 at 6:14:35 PM UTC-8, mikean...@gmail.com wrote:

In 2015 I think it was, maybe 2016, I stopped at his airfield en route to Seaside OR for some ham radio event. That was the last time I saw him, as he died soon afterwards.

It sounds like you have a story to tell, and I encourage you to tell it behind the security of your keyboard,

Back in the mid-'80s we jumped into the Flying M Ranch from the Sheridan strip as usual on a Sunday, ordered breakfast and packed our rigs inside on the hardwood floor while conversing with the locals, then had a pleasant breakfast, a very good time.

On the return trip to Sheridan, I was the only jumper and on exit laid on my back to wave at an 8-or-so year old passenger who was watching my exit. When I opened the Strato Cloud with heavy lines in the Wunder Schwein with a belly band, which I still
    have, a tension know caused me to use the Strong LoPo 26. The training and 100+ round experience paid off nicely (thanks Frank Daley), and I landed alongside the Sheridan runway.

I asked Teddy if he could provide a repack, which he did for $15. I watched him as he did it, hopped in my car and headed for home in central WA. I stopped in Issaquah and left the rig for a repack with Frank for another $15 on the same day.

No regrets at all, just thankful for a good Master Rigger. $ is just $, and we all make responsible choices. If you don't know a rigger, always ask them to show their FAA Airman Certificate which is a wallet-size card; I have A&P, or you can look it up
    yourself at https://amsrvs.registry.faa.gov/airmeninquiry/Main.aspx

Tony

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05