• Here is to Cardinal Puff

From brentgolden44@yahoo.com@21:1/5 to All on Wed Feb 3 06:20:24 2016
    was fun to read all this. I worked at The Rumbleseat for 2 years as bar tender, manager, and about everything else. My bosses were Frank Carpenter and Willie Armstrong. Gave mucho demos on good ol Cardinal Puff. The games we had then were. The Dumbshit
    Club, Cardinal Puff, Supreme Cardinal, WC Fields Cardinal Supreme, Kamikaze Carinal, Spodie-Odie Cardinal, Amos and Andy Cardinal,Bishop, and Pope. The sewer pipe then was called Iron Clad Cardinal. Got most of my cards signed by Frank Carpenter. Lots of
    surfing everyday, jumping on the weekends, and going to stuntman school during the day. Ralph Mitterick took movies of us jumping, at Elsinore, with a movie camera taped to his helmet, lol. He'd show them at the bar on Wed. nites, I think, and we'd have
    all-you-can-eat spaghetti for $1.00. I remember the first beach jump at Hermosa in 69. While 2nd plane was over beach a humongous fog bank moved in. The guys had jumped already. They were landing downtown, on buildings, and about everywhere except the
    beach. LOL. Good times.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From jmoorenator@gmail.com@21:1/5 to brentg...@yahoo.com on Sun Dec 18 18:32:51 2016
    Great read. I remember a few fuzzy nights at the Rumbleseat watching jump movies taken at Arvin. I think that's where I made Cardinal, but it might have been at The Pioneer Club at Arvin. My Cardinal cert was signed off by Jim Foster and Charlie
    Hamilton. Thanks for posting.

John Moore
    Oxnard, Ca.

On Wednesday, February 3, 2016 at 6:20:25 AM UTC-8, brentg...@yahoo.com wrote:
    was fun to read all this. I worked at The Rumbleseat for 2 years as bar tender, manager, and about everything else. My bosses were Frank Carpenter and Willie Armstrong. Gave mucho demos on good ol Cardinal Puff. The games we had then were. The Dumbshit
    Club, Cardinal Puff, Supreme Cardinal, WC Fields Cardinal Supreme, Kamikaze Carinal, Spodie-Odie Cardinal, Amos and Andy Cardinal,Bishop, and Pope. The sewer pipe then was called Iron Clad Cardinal. Got most of my cards signed by Frank Carpenter. Lots of
    surfing everyday, jumping on the weekends, and going to stuntman school during the day. Ralph Mitterick took movies of us jumping, at Elsinore, with a movie camera taped to his helmet, lol. He'd show them at the bar on Wed. nites, I think, and we'd have
    all-you-can-eat spaghetti for $1.00. I remember the first beach jump at Hermosa in 69. While 2nd plane was over beach a humongous fog bank moved in. The guys had jumped already. They were landing downtown, on buildings, and about everywhere except the
    beach. LOL. Good times.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From 4sraisin@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Sat Aug 26 00:01:30 2017
    I witnessed many a game of Cardinal Puff at Lake Elsinore in the early 1960's. I was only sixteen when I made my first jump in 1961. I jumped at Elsinore for the next four years and hung out with my fellow jumpers at the Rumbleseat. I was to young to
    drink so I never attempted Cardinal Puff, although I still remember how to play it, sans the beer. I saw many a jumper outside the bar throwing up after successful and unsuccessful attempts to be a Cardinal. I don't know how anyone could drink a pitcher
    of beer that fast but they did. It was amazing to watch.
    Susan Spence Raisin B-1185
    4sraisin@gmail.com

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From canalzonemarine@gmail.com@21:1/5 to brentg...@yahoo.com on Tue Jul 17 13:59:47 2018
    On Wednesday, February 3, 2016 at 9:20:25 AM UTC-5, brentg...@yahoo.com wrote:
    beach. LOL. Good times.

I remember you Brenda. I was there in Hermosa Beach January 1967 to April 1967. I used to frequent the Rumbleseat Tavern while I was there.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05