• Services for Jack Mader

From houseofdodds@gmail.com@21:1/5 to Jan Stewart on Fri Dec 11 15:22:00 2015
    On Tuesday, December 10, 1996 at 1:00:00 AM UTC-7, Jan Stewart wrote:
    Just another short update on Jack Mader. The services for him will be Thursday, December 12, at 11:00 am at the Evangelical Covenant Church
    in Loveland, Colorado. For those who can make it, take I-25 north to
    the Loveland exit (West) and go about 7-8 miles to Dotsero Avenue. Turn right on Dotsero, 2 blocks to the church on the left-hand side.

About the details of the accident -- I guess maybe it's more correct to
    say the "incident" -- although Jack opened and had his hands in the toggles and was steering at first, at some point he lost consciousness. But his hands were still in the toggles when he was found, making me think that
    he knew he was in trouble and looped his hands deeply into them. About whether it was a hard opening under his brand new Jedei, a master rigger
    has gone over the canopy and found no signs of a hard opening. So we are
    now thinking once again that maybe it was a stroke. Hard to believe for
    a guy who, although 51, ran ultra-marathons a couple times a year.

But going downwind under a fast canopy, and I understand Jedeis are pretty fast, landing unconscious, his neck broke and he had severe head trauma. Which is also hard to believe, seeing the soft plowed field he landed in. Once again I am reminded that these fast canopies must be flown to the ground. I wonder what would have happened under his old PD.

Just sorry to lose him. He was one of the nicest guys you could ever
    meet. And we'll miss his annual nude winter jump -- he always chose the coldest day for it. As a newer jumper, I was amazed to figure how he
    could *do* it when I could barely handle it with all my winter gear.

DJan

Jack was a great friend and I miss him alot. We had some crazy times when he was living in Idaho. He died 19 years ago and his water color still hangs
    on my wall in the living room

REST IN PEACE my friend I'll see you soon.

Merrick Dodds

December 11 2015

GO BRONCOS

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)