• Major Scuba Diving Problem!!!

From seaturtlescuba@hotmail.com@21:1/5 to Maverick on Fri Oct 12 14:19:09 2018
    On Thursday, September 5, 1996 at 2:00:00 AM UTC-5, Maverick wrote:
    I need some serious help and advice. It's not so much that Scuba Diving
    is the problem it's more like I'm the problem. I have a condition that is called Tourette Syndrome (More detail if you re-contact me). Anyways,
    it's not a serious condition in fact, i can keep it under control most of
    the time. But I had to get a medical to get my certification for diving.
    I went to a special docter that specializes in scuba diving and he told me that I have to discontinue scuba diving because of my T.S.
    I am really rally really sad about this because my future career was to become a Marine Biologist (I am only 14). So now my future dreams for my future dream job have been destroyed. I think to my self "I can't believe that doctor only had to say one word and my whole life was ruined." I
    would greatly love some letters from you to help me.
    Thank You...
    --
    Maverick

i am an instructor and have a potential student with Tourettes. I am legitimately concerned about his safety because if he does a facial tic that causes him to spit out his regulator then that is obviously dangerous. My thought is to put him in a full
    face mask. Facial tics shouldn't matter. I am doing more research on this but this is an idea to pursue as I will. Not sure this works but if you stay in touch I will help you as I find out more. Good luck and keep pursuing your passion!!! Milo

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From deaddogone@gmail.com@21:1/5 to Maverick on Sat Feb 9 22:09:24 2019
    On Thursday, September 5, 1996 at 12:00:00 AM UTC-7, Maverick wrote:
    I need some serious help and advice. It's not so much that Scuba Diving
    is the problem it's more like I'm the problem. I have a condition that is called Tourette Syndrome (More detail if you re-contact me). Anyways,
    it's not a serious condition in fact, i can keep it under control most of
    the time. But I had to get a medical to get my certification for diving.
    I went to a special docter that specializes in scuba diving and he told me that I have to discontinue scuba diving because of my T.S.
    I am really rally really sad about this because my future career was to become a Marine Biologist (I am only 14). So now my future dreams for my future dream job have been destroyed. I think to my self "I can't believe that doctor only had to say one word and my whole life was ruined." I
    would greatly love some letters from you to help me.
    Thank You...
    --
    Maverick

Get another doctor or two. Sure sounds like you need a second opinion.

Bill

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)