• Still running

From Ed Prochak@21:1/5 to All on Mon Oct 30 11:28:37 2023
    ... not far and not fast. Just short of 22 km last week.

Enjoy,
    ed

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Tim+@21:1/5 to Ed Prochak on Mon Oct 30 20:29:58 2023
    Ed Prochak <edprochak@gmail.com> wrote:

Enjoy,
    ed

I actually had an enjoyable run this afternoon/evening. Been a bit in the doldrums running-wise recently after having my first dose of covid and generally losing my mojo.

Decided to only run for fun, stop putting my runs up for public view on
    Strava and just run by feel.

I did actually run a race 2 weeks ago (the Mallorca half marathon). Had originally entered the full marathon but realised I wasn’t fit enough or motivated enough so changed to the half. Took the first 10km really easy
    and then spent the rest of the race passing runners which is always a nice feeling (as opposed to hating every step and just wanting to die). ;-).

Plan is to chill through November and then do the Marcothon in December (3 miles or 25minutes, whichever comes first) every day for 31 days. I’ve
    done it a few times before and the secret is to stick to the 25 minute time
    and just go slow.

If I’m feeling sufficiently keen after that I might repeat the challenge in January, but this time 31 runs of 3 miles, all in under 25 minutes. Just
    about killed me when I did it last year. ;-)

Tim

--
    Please don't feed the trolls

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Ed Prochak@21:1/5 to All on Tue Oct 31 10:40:23 2023
    On Monday, October 30, 2023 at 4:30:03 PM UTC-4, Tim+ wrote:
    Ed Prochak <edpr...@gmail.com> wrote:

Enjoy,
    ed

I actually had an enjoyable run this afternoon/evening. Been a bit in the doldrums running-wise recently after having my first dose of covid and generally losing my mojo.

Decided to only run for fun, stop putting my runs up for public view on Strava and just run by feel.

I did actually run a race 2 weeks ago (the Mallorca half marathon). Had originally entered the full marathon but realised I wasn’t fit enough or motivated enough so changed to the half. Took the first 10km really easy
    and then spent the rest of the race passing runners which is always a nice feeling (as opposed to hating every step and just wanting to die). ;-).

Plan is to chill through November and then do the Marcothon in December (3 miles or 25minutes, whichever comes first) every day for 31 days. I’ve done it a few times before and the secret is to stick to the 25 minute time and just go slow.

If I’m feeling sufficiently keen after that I might repeat the challenge in
    January, but this time 31 runs of 3 miles, all in under 25 minutes. Just about killed me when I did it last year. ;-)

Tim

Hi Tim,

I have only recently heard about Strava. The running group I recently joined has
    mentioned it. I'll definitely check into getting an account. See you there!
    ( I think I may also continue posting here on random occasions. )

Sorry to hear about the COVID. I had it once last year and thankfully no long term effects. Got the flu and covid vaccinations just last month. Stay healthy!

Good race plan! As slow as I am, I also take a bit to warm up so I tend to get passed a lot at the start, then later try (not always successfully 8^) to reel in
    a few runners. I certainly agree that it is a good feeling!

My goal right now is to run a half marathon next spring. Haven't specifically started a training plan [ cannot find m running books since the move 8^(. ]
    But I plan to join a race training group in January. I'll try to do one or two 5K
    races before the end of the year. Otherwise, I'm just building a base.

Currently running 20km a week. I have been making 22km most weeks, so
    I may increase it. Still pretty low milage, but on the upswing. That Marcothon sounds like an interesting goal. It does look like a tough goal to achieve. Good luck!

I may try that. It gives me all of November to get up to that milage per week. I'll let you know if I will try it. I have no problem going SLOW! 8^) LOL

Enjoy the run!
    Ed

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05