• The Bil Rodgers...aka troll from the early years.

From ro@21:1/5 to All on Sun Feb 10 00:52:49 2019
    Hi rec.running,

No-one here will remember me 'cos I was a regular on rec.running before most of you were born, but back in the day there was an (in)famous troll in this group called 'TheBillRodgers'.

Hmmmm...I should, at this point, note that many considered that I was a troll too, but that's bye the bye. :-)

I'm visiting because I wondered if the guy (girl?) was still alive. They were a rather unpleasant troll, but I had a few private email conversations with them and, whilst they never strayed far out of their troll persona, I came to believe there was a
    decent, but damaged, human being on the other end of the exchange. For some unaccountable reason, I liked them.

Anyway, anyone know if they're still alive? Just wonderin'

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Tim+@21:1/5 to rohunte@gmail.com on Sun Feb 10 16:33:04 2019
    ro <rohunte@gmail.com> wrote:
    Hi rec.running,

No-one here will remember me 'cos I was a regular on rec.running before
    most of you were born, but back in the day there was an (in)famous troll
    in this group called 'TheBillRodgers'.

Hmmmm...I should, at this point, note that many considered that I was a
    troll too, but that's bye the bye. :-)

I'm visiting because I wondered if the guy (girl?) was still alive. They were a rather unpleasant troll, but I had a few private email
    conversations with them and, whilst they never strayed far out of their
    troll persona, I came to believe there was a decent, but damaged, human
    being on the other end of the exchange. For some unaccountable reason, I liked them.

Perhaps, as in the film Beetlejuice, if you say his name three times, he
    will reappear? ;-)

Tim

--
    Please don't feed the trolls

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Phil M.@21:1/5 to All on Sun Feb 10 20:44:11 2019
    On Sunday, February 10, 2019 at 3:52:50 AM UTC-5, ro wrote:
    Hi rec.running,

No-one here will remember me 'cos I was a regular on rec.running before most of you were born, but back in the day there was an (in)famous troll in this group called 'TheBillRodgers'.

Hmmmm...I should, at this point, note that many considered that I was a troll too, but that's bye the bye. :-)

I'm visiting because I wondered if the guy (girl?) was still alive. They were a rather unpleasant troll, but I had a few private email conversations with them and, whilst they never strayed far out of their troll persona, I came to believe there was a
    decent, but damaged, human being on the other end of the exchange. For some unaccountable reason, I liked them.

I do remember. Haven't seen there here since the new millennium.

-Phil M.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Phil M.@21:1/5 to All on Sun Feb 10 20:46:11 2019

I do remember. I haven't seen them here since the new millennium.

-Phil M.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Ed Prochak@21:1/5 to All on Tue Feb 12 10:01:17 2019
    Hi rec.running,

The Bill R.
    I think he did poke his head back here maybe a year ago.

Enjoy the run,
    ed

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Ed Prochak@21:1/5 to All on Tue Feb 12 10:06:06 2019
    Hi rec.running,

I don't remember a 'ro' posting before, but I could be wrong.
    I did a search and fond possibly the last BillRodgers thread in 2010.

Enjoy the run,
    ed

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05