• Roller coaster Christmas presents

From Heather Kendrick@21:1/5 to All on Thu Dec 30 22:59:06 2021
    I hope everyone who celebrates one has had a happy holiday and will have a
    good new year. Wondering if anyone got any nice roller-coaster- or amusement-park-related presents this year? I got a porcelain carousel rabbit figurine and the ACE roller coaster calendar (the latter of which my husband gives me pretty much every year).

Digression: yes, I still keep a wall calendar. One at home and one in my office, actually. The one in my office always used to be the Painted Ponies calendar which was published for decades and featured very high-quality
    photos of rare carousel pieces, mostly photographed against black
    backgrounds. I bought it every year, usually either at the Magical Carousel Shop on the Seaside Heights (NJ) boardwalk or (after the Magical Carousel
    Shop closed) the Merry-Go-Round Museum in Sandusky. Unfortunately, that calendar was discontinued several years ago. It was already fairly pricey
    (due to high production values) and it reached a point where the publisher
    felt that the price they would have to charge for it would also make it impossible to sell. Anyway, at that point I started making my calendar every year with photos I took of carousels during the previous calendar year. So that´s the one that goes in my office now.

--
    Heather, the Carousel Rabbit

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Surf Dance Chris@21:1/5 to All on Sat Jan 1 17:34:19 2022
    I got one park related gift… a piece of a prop from the Saw haunted house from Universal Orlando’s Halloween Horror Nights 2017.

I always have paper wall calendar as well, but haven’t found any I like for a reasonable price this year. So it’s gonna be my first year without one, as of now. Maybe if the carnivalwarehouse.com’s gets reduced heavily, I may get that one. I don’
    t really use my wall calendar often but do glance at it, I keep one next to my desk in my place. I miss the days when many parks made calendars.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Rik P@21:1/5 to Heather Kendrick on Sun Jan 9 16:29:53 2022
    On Thursday, December 30, 2021 at 7:59:09 PM UTC-8, Heather Kendrick wrote:

Digression: yes, I still keep a wall calendar. One at home and one in my office, actually.

I've kept so many calendars from previous years that I tend to look through my stack of old calendars for one that matches the current year. Last year was a match for a 2010 Tigers calendar, this year is a match for a 2005 Dark Shadows/Barnabas Collins
    calendar. Leap years can be tricky.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05