• Holiwood Nights 2022 Information

From adam krackenberger@21:1/5 to All on Sat Dec 4 12:07:55 2021
    https://www.holidayworld.com/shows-events/holiwood-nights/?fbclid=IwAR2j9YUsg6KQoFU9HJQNNpCG5FeSabGzyEbrdDhSJnGcfT4y0AXzhMtM6ZY

Event will be limited to 500 people, it is going to cost around 120 dollars also. To go, you have to submit an application and hope you get picked. You won't get picked until March or April.

Personal opinion is that they are either trying to kill the event or make it super personal. I can see a slight price raise and a capacity limit of say 750 or so, but what they did for 2022 is a bit extreme. With the cost and the capacity limit, it isn'
    t worth going in my opinion. For personal reasons such as walk of shame in 2018 on thunderbird (working on that not happening), working every weekend, and my wife's unpredictable work schedule, I haven't gone in many years and I have no idea when/if I
    will even get to a park again in the near future. I guess this year they had over 1000 people and Thunderbird was down the whole time which caused massive lines. That much attendance isn't normal and much like everything this year, it should've been
    expected to be super crowded. With the way covid restrictions were, some people were working major overtime (like in my household) due to staff shortages, going to parks was even harder. I don't know if it will ever go back to the golden days of the
    event (2013 was a good year imo).

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Heather Kendrick@21:1/5 to All on Sat Dec 4 21:47:53 2021
    On Dec 4, 2021, adam krackenberger wrote
    (in article<96dec8a1-4e27-46f4-964b-6f2cfa39c9ddn@googlegroups.com>):

https://www.holidayworld.com/shows-events/holiwood-nights/?fbclid=IwAR2j9YUs
    KQoFU9HJQNNpCG5FeSabGzyEbrdDhSJnGcfT4y0AXzhMtM6ZY

Event will be limited to 500 people, it is going to cost around 120 dollars also. To go, you have to submit an application and hope you get picked. You won't get picked until March or April.
    I understand limiting the event to 500 if that will make it a better experience, but I find the invitation process to be surprising and strange. Wouldn´t it be easier to just limit tickets to 500,
    first-come-first-served? I certainly wouldn´t want to be the one reading a thousand "why you should pick me" essays.

I have only gone once, in 2010. Seemed pretty low key at the time (in a good way).

--
    Heather, the Carousel Rabbit

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)