• Anyone have plans for 2021?

From DJ Wiza@21:1/5 to Alan Conceicao on Fri Apr 9 03:48:12 2021
    On Saturday, February 20, 2021 at 7:11:32 AM UTC-8, Alan Conceicao wrote:
    I'm already immunized, so I've got a whole slate of stuff I'm getting together for the first half of 2021:

-Heading to Dallas for a boxing match next month and looking to supplement it with some smaller credits I don't have yet in the metroplex and Abeline

-12 Hours of Sebring combined with a stop at Legoland to check out the Lego Movie Ride and Ninjago. Maybe some Fun Spot too. Who's to say?

-Vegas to peep Meow Wolf OmegaMart and the updated Manhattan Express.

I'm getting immunized on Saturday, and if Biden's claims of how quickly vaccines are going out are to be believed, then I imagine by the end of June, every adult that wants a vaccine will have been able to get one as long as state and local governments
    haven't been sabotaging distribution though either deliberate [in]actions or incompetency. I'd be surprised if COVID restrictions are still in place by then.

I've got a California road trip planned for August. Planning on hitting KBF/SFMM/Universal on Aug 16-18, as well as a bunch of non-park related stuff throughout California. I have no idea what to expect for crowds. One could argue that crowds could be
    high because there are a lot of people that have been delaying vacations now for a year and the flood gates of unrestricted travel could cause massive crowds. But on the other hand, a lot of people have been hurt very hard financially, though perhaps
    the people most vulnerable to job loss due to COVID might not be people that travel a lot anyways. Also, I know a couple people that even now say they won't travel for at least another year, even with the vaccine, in case they could still transmit the
    virus.

Of course, that's all assuming COVID restrictions are lifted by then.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From surfdancec@aol.com@21:1/5 to All on Sun May 2 20:53:35 2021
    I just rode VelociCoaster earlier today. It was nice to finally get on a new full size coaster. I won’t give any spoilers. Looks like IOA will have another winner with this one. Weird to think Hagrid's may take a backseat only 2 years after opening.
    Universal moves on fast.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Richard Bannister@21:1/5 to surfd...@aol.com on Mon May 3 03:41:14 2021
    On Monday, 3 May 2021 at 04:53:36 UTC+1, surfd...@aol.com wrote:
    I just rode VelociCoaster earlier today. It was nice to finally get on a new full size coaster. I won’t give any spoilers. Looks like IOA will have another winner with this one. Weird to think Hagrid's may take a backseat only 2 years after opening.
    Universal moves on fast.

According to RCDB there may be as many as eight new respectable coasters for me on my next trip to Florida – Gringotts, Hagrid, Ice Breaker, Iron Gwazi, VelociCoaster, Cobra's Curse, Guardians of the Galaxy, and Tron.

Exciting times.

-
    www.retrogamesformac.com

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Marshall@21:1/5 to All on Wed May 5 04:21:14 2021
    Just finished a 6 park swing...

SFoG - 4 new to me coasters - masks "required" - little-to-no enforcement off-rides
    Fun Spot Kissimmee - 1 new to me - masks on-ride/indoors only
    Legoland - New park to me - masks indoors/on-ride only
    Busch Gardens - 1 new to me/1 SBNO - masks required - loosely enforced outside(not enough staff to try)
    Seaworld - 1 SBNO - same as above
    Wild Adventures - New park to me - masks indoors/on-ride only - not really enforced indoors, varies by operator on-ride

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05