• [RadioInsight] Bret Burkhart Joins KCBS' Anchor Team (2/2)

From RadioInsight via rec.radio.info Adm@21:1/5 to All on Wed Jun 8 12:33:21 2022
    [continued from previous message]

said Brad Lane, Brand Manager, 830 WCCO. “Whether hes delivering breaking news, telling a family story or giving a restaurant recommendation, people trust him like a friend, and that’s exactly what the legacy and future of
    830 WCCO is all about.”

“I have always loved the creativity, the unpredictability, and the interactive qualities of radio,” said DeRusha. “I cant wait to bring my love for Minnesota and Western Wisconsin, as well as my two decades of curiosity about our neighbors and our news to 830 WCCO. Not many people get
    to have one dream job, let alone two. Ive loved my time in television and
    cant wait to dive into a new dream job in radio and podcasting.”

DeRusha has spent nearly two decades as a reporter and anchor at WCCO-TV, including co-hosting “WCCO Mornings” since 2013 and winning nine regional Emmy Awards for his work there. In addition, he’s one of the market’s best-known foodies – from being named a James Beard Award finalist for his “DeRusha Eats” television segment to serving as food critic and editor at Minnesota Monthly magazine, a role he’ll continue. DeRusha is also widely known for his social media presence and frequent volunteer work as an emcee
    and speaker for local charities.

DeRusha’s new afternoon drive show is part of a revamped weekday lineup on the station. Following “The WCCO Morning News with Vineeta Sawkar,” which launched in January, longtime 830 WCCO news anchor Adam Carter will be
    promoted to co-host a new show alongside Jordana Green, airing from 9:00
    a.m. to 12:00 p.m. CT. Green’s longtime co-host Paul Douglas will set aside daily hosting duties to become WCCO Radio’s Chief Meteorologist. Douglas
    will appear on air throughout the day and ensure the station remains Minnesota’s most trusted source for severe weather updates. Douglas became Minnesota’s first certified broadcast meteorologist in 2005.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)