• [RadioInsight] Jeff Kurkjian Joins WXTU's Andie Summers Show

From RadioInsight via rec.radio.info Adm@21:1/5 to All on Thu Jun 2 15:28:45 2022
    XPost: alt.radio.broadcasting

RadioInsight

///////////////////////////////////////////
    Jeff Kurkjian Joins WXTU's Andie Summers Show

Posted: 02 Jun 2022 12:13 PM PDT https://radioinsight.com/headlines/227436/jeff-kurkjian-joins-wxtus-andie-summers-show/

Beasley Media Country 92.5 WXTU Philadelphia will add Jeff Kurkjian as
    co-host of the Andie Summers Show on Monday, July 1.

Kurkjian joins WXTU from Beasleys 102.7 Coyote Country KCYE Boulder
    City/Las Vegas, where he has co-hosted mornings with Aimee Montgomery since March 2018. Kurkjian has also co-hosted mornings at Audacy Hot AC Q104 WQAL Cleveland and Syracuse Universitys CHR “Z89” WJPZ.

He fills the slot that had been held by Dave Cruise until his departure a couple of weeks ago.

Beasley Media Group announces Jeff Kurkjian has been named as the new
    Co-host of The Andie Summers Show on 92.5 WXTU-FM in Philadelphia. He will begin his new position on July 1, 2022.

Kurkjian has been serving as the Co-host of the Jeff and Aimee Morning Show
    on Beasley Media Group’s 102.7 The Coyote KCYE-FM in Las Vegas since March
    of 2018. His last day on the air at the station will be June 3rd, 2022.

Previously, he was heard doing mornings at Audacy’s Q 104 WQAL in
    Cleveland, Ohio.

“Jeff is a tremendous talent who has an amazing ability to create relatable and entertaining content for the Country format audience,” said Beasley
    Media Group Chief Content Officer Justin Chase. “I believe he will help us improve the already highly successful Andie Summers Morning Show and the
    XTU brand overall.”

“The opportunity to work with Beasley’s legendary WXTU, a station so beloved by our late founder, George Beasley, is a real honor, said
    Kurkjian. “I am looking forward to coming home to the east coast while continuing my journey in country radio with the incredible Andie Summers
    and the entire XTU family.”

“We are excited to have Jeff join the XTU Team,” said Vice President and Market Manager Joe Bell. “His contributions to KYCE in Las Vegas make him
    the “right guy” to add another dimension to the Andie Summers Show. Jeff is a transplanted East Coaster so we’re glad to bring him “back home” to continue his career.”

The Darnestown, Maryland native received a Bachelor of Science in Broadcast Journalism and Political Science from Syracuse University.

Isaac 'Brooks' Wenzel Joins KBAY As APD/Afternoon Host

Posted: 02 Jun 2022 12:05 PM PDT https://radioinsight.com/headlines/227432/isaac-brooks-wenzel-joins-kbay-as-apd-afternoon-host/

Alpha Medias Bay Country 94.5 KBAY Gilroy/92.1 KKDV Walnut Creek CA
    continues to staff-up with the addition of Isaac Brooks Wenzel as Assistant Program Director and afternoon host.

Wenzel was let go from Cumulus Medias 95.5 WFMS Indianapolis last month
    after two and a half years as MD and afternoon host. He previously served
    as midday host at iHeartMedia’s “96.3 Star Country” WMAD Madison WI and cluster Promotions Director from May-October of 2019 and was APD at La
    Crosse Media Group Hot AC “Magic 105” 104.9 WLXR-FM La Crosse WI and MD/afternoon host at Mid-West Family Broadcasting Country “KQ98” KQYB La Crosse.

Alpha Media San Jose’s Bay Country (KBAY 94.5 FM/KKDV 92.1 FM) is pleased
    to announce the hiring of Isaac “Brooks” Wenzel as the station’s first local afternoon drive personality and Assistant Program Director Country. Starting on Monday, June 20, Brooks will be hosting M-F 2pm-6pm on Bay
    Country and follows recently named local midday personality, Emily Harlan
    (M-F 10am-2pm).

Brooks is a ten year radio veteran from Minneapolis, MN. Most recently,
    Brooks served as the Music Director and Afternoon Drive host for legendary Indianapolis, IN country station, WFMS. Prior stops include WMAD/Madison, KQYB/La Crosse and WLXR/La Crosse. Outside of the studio, Brooks has built
    a large digital following through his online series Beers with Brooks and creating content on TikTok. (@Brooksradio).

Wenzel comments, This is a special opportunity that Im extremely grateful
    for. I cannot wait to share my love for Country Music with the Bay Area as
    the first ever Afternoon Host on Bay Country. Thank you to Bo Matthews,
    David Drutz and Alpha Media EVP of Content Phil Becker for believing in me.

Alpha Media San Jose Operations Manager/Program Director Bo Matthews says, “Brooks is perfect for Bay Country. It’s fitting in Silicon Valley to have a personality that’s not only a pro on the air but also top of his class in delivering digital content and engaging with listeners via social media.
    Bay Area Country Music fans are going to love Brooks!”

Alpha Media San Jose VP/Market Manager David Drutz shares, “Brooks is the ideal fit for what we’ve already built and will continue to build with Bay Country. I know Country Music fans will share my excitement in hearing him throughout the Bay Area.”

KHST Flips To Oldies

Posted: 02 Jun 2022 11:26 AM PDT https://radioinsight.com/headlines/227428/khst-flips-to-oldies/

Michael Landis has flipped his recently acquired My Country 101.7 KHST
    Lamar KS/Joplin MO to Oldies.

The jockless station is focusing on music from the 1960s and 70s, with some 50s. Operations Manager Kevin Welch told the Greenfield Vedette, “You could kind of say that our target audience is the old Hippies in the area. We
    want to give them the hits as well as some of the more obscure songs from
    the era: we have over 3,500 songs in our library.” KHST is also carrying Kansas City Royals baseball and Kansas City Chiefs football.

Landis acquired KHST last year in exchange for 1340 KSEK/107.9 K300DE
    Pittsburg KS. He also owns Somo Sports Radio 1560 WMBH/101.7 K267BY Joplin

Annalisa Joins WXRT

Posted: 02 Jun 2022 11:05 AM PDT https://radioinsight.com/headlines/227416/annalisa-joins-wxrt/

Audacy AAA 93.1 WXRT Chicago has announced the addition of Annalisa to its lineup starting Monday, June 13.

While a daypart has not been disclosed, Annalisa will fill the opening on
    the lineup created by Richard Milnes upcoming departure from mornings.

The Boston area native joins WXRT from afternoons at Northeast Broadcasting
    AAA “92.5 The River” WXRV Andover/Boston where she has been since October 2017. She previously had aa long run in San Francisco where she spent 20
    years at AAA 104.5 KFOG and a brief run in mornings at Classic Rock “98.5 K-Fox” KUFX. During her previous run in Boston she hosted middays at Rock 107.3 WAAF and mornings at Classic Rock 100.7 WZLX.

Audacy welcomes renowned radio personality Annalisa to 93XRT (WXRT-FM) in Chicago. Annalisa will be heard weekdays beginning June 13.

“Annalisa brings the knowledge, passion and respect for the music that
    93XRT listeners appreciate and expect,” said Laura Duncan, Brand Manager, 93XRT. “We are thrilled that Annalisa will be joining us as her integrity
    and relatability are a perfect match with the current team of personalities
    and the iconic brand that is XRT.”

“Joining the legendary 93XRT lineup is an absolute dream gig for a music
    geek like me,” said Annalisa. “I love radio and this heritage station with its storied past and an ear for the future. I can’t wait to come to Chicago.”

Annalisa has over three decades of on-air experience, most recently as afternoon drive host for WXRV in Boston. Prior to that, Annalisa spent two decades as midday host for KFOG in San Francisco.

Energy Shortage In San Antonio As KTFM Flips To Sports Star

Posted: 02 Jun 2022 06:31 AM PDT https://radioinsight.com/headlines/227411/energy-shortage-in-san-antonio-as-ktfm-flips-to-sports-star/

Alpha Media dropped the Top 40 Energy 94.1 format on KTFM Floresville/San Antonio this morning flipping the signal to a simulcast of Sports Star 1250 KZDC/103.3 K277CX this morning.

The move give San Antonio its first full-powered FM Sports talker, while
    taking KTFM out of the Top 40 battle between it and iHeartMedias Now 96.1 KXXM. KXXM currently ranks seventh in the market with a 4.7 share, while
    KTFM was eighteenth at a 2.0.

In a blog post announcing the move of the Sports format to 94.1, afternoon
    host Jason Minnix writes, Moving to 94.1 is huge – the signal is 37 times bigger than what we had yesterday. You know I am a music guy so this is
    like a band that started playing clubs, moved to arenas and is now playing massive stadiums. Like going from Wolff Stadium to Jerry’s World.

The current iteration of KTFM on 94.1 debuted in 2005 as Rhythmic Oldies
    before shifting to Hot AC and then Top 40 in 2010. The station relaunched
    as Energy 94.1 in January 2016. In recent years it had been positioning as
    San Antonios #2 Hit Music Station.

Hank-FM Returns To Wichita

Posted: 02 Jun 2022 04:00 AM PDT https://radioinsight.com/headlines/227386/hank-fm-returns-to-wichita/

Steckline Communications flipped its recently acquired 99.7 KHLT-FM Belle Plaine/Wichita KS to Classic Country 99.7 Hank-FM on Wednesday.

Steckline agreed to acquire KHLT-FM from La Raza LLC for $1.4 million in
    March. The move triggered a domino effect of format shifts with the
    Regional Mexican La Raza brand that had been on KHLT-FM moving to 102.5
    K273CX Wichta/KHLT-HD2. The translator had been rebroadcasting Conservative Talk 1480 KQAM, which now is heard just on the AM.

The move also brings the Hank-FM Classic Country format and branding back
    to Wichita. It was previously utilized on 100.5 KVWF from 2015 to 2017.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)