• [RadioInsight] WBBH-TV: Cape high school yearbook is memorable for all

From RadioInsight via rec.radio.info Adm@21:1/5 to All on Thu Jun 2 04:56:45 2022
    XPost: alt.radio.broadcasting

RadioInsight

///////////////////////////////////////////
    WBBH-TV: Cape high school yearbook is memorable for all the wrong reasons

Posted: 01 Jun 2022 07:38 PM PDT https://nbc-2.com/news/2022/06/01/cape-high-school-yearbook-is-memorable-for-all-the-wrong-reasons/

ESPN 94.9 Nashville To Relaunch As 94.9 The Fan

Posted: 01 Jun 2022 03:44 PM PDT https://radioinsight.com/headlines/227375/espn-94-9-nashville-to-relaunch-as-94-9-the-fan/

Cromwell Media Sports ESPN 94.9 W235BW Nashville/WBUZ-HD3 La Vergne TN will relaunch as 94.9 The Fan on Monday, June 13.

The new brand will be anchored by Outkicks Outkick 360 from 2-5pm. The
    show, hosted by Jonathan Hutton, Chad Withrow and Paul Kuharsky, previously aired on Cumulus Sports 104.5 The Zone WGFX as the Midday 180 until January 2021.

W235BW will also carry programming from Fox Sports Radios Dan Patrick Show
    from 8-11am and The Herd with Colin Cowherd from 11am-2pm. The translator currently airs ESPN Radios national lineup and the Paul Finebaum Show from 2-6pm. It is also the home of Nashville Sounds baseball.

When I became program director, it was one of my goals to figure out how to bring @HuttonOutkick @TheChadWithrow & @PaulKuharskyNFL of @Outkick360 to
    the family. Launching 94.9 the Fan does that while also adding @dpshow & @TheHerd. I am pumped this all worked out! pic.twitter.com/lK8AQYHCs4

- Chase McCabe (@ChaseOnGame) June 1, 2022

WCSM-FM Relaunches As 96.7 The Wave

Posted: 01 Jun 2022 11:46 AM PDT https://radioinsight.com/headlines/227364/wcsm-fm-relaunches-as-96-7-the-wave/

Buzzards Media has rebranded Full Service Hot AC 96.7 WCSM-FM Celina OH to
    96.7 The Wave.

The relaunch follows Brent and Danielle Selhorst’s Buzzards Medias closing
    on its $1.3 million purchase of WCSM-FM and Country “Lake 100.3” 1350 WCSM/100.3 W262DC earlier this year. Brent Selhorst has served as Program Director at WCSM-FM since 2014 prior to acquiring the station.

pic.twitter.com/zumoBHAFTI

- WCSM Radio (@WCSMRadio) June 1, 2022

Handicapping The Summer Song of 2022

Posted: 01 Jun 2022 09:00 AM PDT https://radioinsight.com/blogs/226702/handicapping-the-summer-song-of-2022/

As we head in to June, we know that there will be a Summer Song of 2022
    that Top 40 radio is enthusiastic about.

We have multiple front-runners already in the top 15:

Harry Styles, “As It Was” — the most phenomenal record of the year to date,
    and a song that will almost certainly remain in power throughout the
    summer. “’As it Was’ has Song of the Summer wrapped up and will likely be Song of the Year,” says industry veteran Lee Chesnut. But there is also an outpouring for …
    Jack Harlow, “First Class” — also already a power; also already a Hot 100 No. 1; coming on the heels of a resurgence of uptempo Hip-Hop crossovers, following Latto’s “Big Energy” this spring and Megan Thee Stallion & Dua Lipa’s “Sweetest Pie.”
    Lizzo, “About Damn Time” — No. 1 on Spotifys Todays Top Hits at this writing. Often, Facebook commenters asked for their predictions tended to mention the three songs in the same sentence. (Whether you choose Styles melancholy or Lizzos willful optimism says a lot about what you want from
    pop music in our troubled times, and I decided that rates a separate
    article.)

We have the songs timed thematically for summer:

Nicky Youre f/Dazy, “Sunroof,” has been a TikTok phenomenon since February. I had previously asked why radio hadn’t grabbed it already, and the answer
    is that it was being timed for summer, “Watermelon Sugar”-style. “Sunroof”
    is one of the increasing number of mainstream pop songs that just happen to
    be at TikTok first, but we also have a true TikTok novelty in Duke & Jones
    x Louis Theroux’s “Jiggle Jiggle.”
    Super-Hi & Neeka, “Following the Sun,” made its first appearance on this column’s Big Hits Energy playlist in January, when it was a European hit.  Sofi Tukker, “Summer in New York.”

We have a rock candidate in Maneskin, “Supermodel,” raising the possibility that the Song of Summer could rock for two years in a row, depending on how
    you count Olivia Rodrigo’s “Good 4 U.” In some years, Ive done separate articles on all the Alternative chart songs that could be great summer CHR records. I could write that article again; this year both the Black Keys (“Wild Child”) and Florence & the Machine (“My Love”) have finally made their hit singles, even if CHR never becomes aware of them. Imagine Dragons Bones is also building steadily even pre-impact and with Enemy
    still in the top 10. There would also be a case for pop radio using
    Stranger Things to go back for Meg Myers Running Up That Hill, warmed up by Alternative for the last three years.

There are more than a half-dozen uptempo singles among the top 50 going
    into summer with appropriate growth:

Doja Cat, “Get into It (Yuh)”;
    Ed Sheeran f/Lil Baby, “2 Step”;
    Ava Max, “Maybe You’re the Problem”;
    Leah Kate, “10 Things I Hate About You”;
    Khalid, Skyline;
    Harry Styles, “Late Night Talking” — a test only of whether he can have two
    powers when “As It Was” isn’t going anywhere soon;
    Calvin Harris w/Dua Lipa & Young Thug, Potion, the most recent major artist release at this writing;
    Pitbull f/Zac Brown, “Can’t Stop Us Now”
    DNCE, Move

The early-summer formation of dance and Latin product has been less
    noticeable in recent years, but on the Latin side includes Becky G & Karol G’s “Mami” (already top 25) and Bad Bunny’s “Moscow Mule,” helped by
    first-week streaming of the entire Un Verano Sin Ti album. In dance, Diplo
    & Miguel, “Don’t Forget My Love”; Lost Frequencies & Calum Scott, “Where
    Are You Now”; KXS/Kaskade/Deadmau5, “Escape,” and Chainsmokers, “I Love U,”
    are already getting CHR airplay. David Guetta, Becky Hill & Ella
    Henderson’s “Crazy What Love Can Do” is already a Top-10 UK hit. 

There is a leading Country Song of Summer 2022 contender in Kane Brown’s “Like I Love Country Music.” From the title down, that one seems engineered not to cross to pop, especially after Brown’s CHR appearances coincided
    with a brief moment of seeming resistance from Country radio. There’s also excitement about Cole Swindell’s “She Had Me At ‘Heads Carolina,’” and that
    has just been released as a Country-radio single. Country and streaming combined to give us the one true surprise of last summer with Walker Hayes’ “Fancy Like,” and even with so many contenders already in formation, I again have to mention the possibility of a TikTok-driven outlier that isnt currently in play. There is also forthcoming music from BTS and AJR.

Its been nearly 15 years since All Summer Long created a strategy of
    left-field artist comebacks propelled by a summer song. There are
    surprisingly few of those lined up thus far. Streaming has already given us
    one (Sias Unstoppable). Diana Ross & Tame Impala are already top 15 airplay in the U.K. with Turn Up The Sunshine. John Legend is only starting to
    emerge at Adult R&B with Dope.

The Summer Song Handicap is never meant to be the entire list of growing singles — it spotlights songs with tempo, summer themes, summer vibes.
    There are ballads and mid-to-ballad titles that will be among the summer’s biggest songs. Dove Cameron’s “Boyfriend” is already there. Lady Gaga’s “Hold My Hand” has the excitement of Top Gun: Maverick behind it. There are also 3-4 uptempo songs in the No. 9 No. 15 chart range where the initial excitement has evaporated, but regaining momentum is not impossible. Those
    wont likely be Song of the Summer either, but I want them to be hits. Like
    the ballads, they reinforce the notion of a varied Top 40 with hit
    inventory on the shelves.

I talk about inventory on the shelves a lot lately. One of last summer’s
    more gratifying developments was a regular flow of Thursday-afternoon and Friday-midnight surprises from major artists. Going into Memorial Day, that flow has been erratic. That should be creating the opportunity for more
    varied projects to get attention from radio and labelsR&B crossovers, the aforementioned rock contenders. Instead, I’ve talked to more than one major-label rep who feel they have almost nothing to work right now. TikTok
    as both America’s Music Director and its label promotion person isn’t a good scenario, in part because even its biggest phenomena can’t quite reach the consensus hit level needed to unify the mother/daughter coalition.

Radio and labels, for their mutual benefit, still need a way of working together that keeps the shelves stocked in a way that works for both sides.
    Ive had some thoughts on that too recently. Uptempo, melodic hit music —
    the thing I think of as key to both a successful format — is the one thing that’s not really in short supply now, and once again, I have the playlist
    to prove it. Big Hits Energy contains my best left-field candidate this
    week, OneRepublic’s “I Ain’t Worried,” also from Maverick, but numerous others as well. I also wrote about the whole process of finding those songs.

So how does more music get to listeners? And what are your thoughts on the
    Song of Summer 2022?

Sara Osburn Bids Farewell To Mix 94.7 Austin

Posted: 01 Jun 2022 05:31 AM PDT https://radioinsight.com/headlines/227341/sara-osburn-bids-farewell-to-mix-94-7-austin/

After thirteen years in mornings at Audacy Hot AC Mix 94.7 KAMX
    Luling/Austin TX, Sara Osburn has departed the Booker, Alex Sara show.

Osburn joined KAMX in 2009 as producer/co-host of the JB Sandy Morning
    Show. She, Brad Booker and Alex Franco have hosted together since December 2013. She also previously held double-duty in middays at the station. Prior
    to KAMX, Osburn served as a producer for the Elvis Duran Show at WHTZ New
    York, co-host of the Bobby Bones Show at KHFI Austin, and morning show
    producer at KMVK Dallas.

Osburn wrote, Through a lot of thought, prayers, and tears, I have decided
    it is time to dream a new dream. When I was younger I took so many blind
    leaps, and it feels like the right time in my life to take another big leap.

Brad Booker and Alex Franco remain in place.

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by Sara Osburn Light (@saraosburn)

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by Booker, Alex and Sara (@bookeralexsara)

WSHH Moves Jordan Kline To Mornings

Posted: 01 Jun 2022 04:00 AM PDT https://radioinsight.com/headlines/227318/wshh-moves-jordan-kline-to-mornings/

Renda Broadcasting AC Wish 99.7 WSHH Pittsburgh has moved Jordan Kline to mornings and Melanie Heinkel to middays.

Kline has hosted middays at WSHH since 2016. She previously spent fifteen
    years at Saga Columbus including six years hosting nights at AC Sunny 95 WSNY-FM. Earlier in her career, Kline worked in Fort Wayne IN, New Castle
    PA, Scranton PA, and Youngstown OH. She will continue to track middays at Rendas 96.1 WEJZ Jacksonville FL.

Melanie Heinkel joined WSHH remotely in August 2020 from Fort Myers where
    she co-hosts mornings and hosts middays at Gator Country 101.9 WWGR. Prior
    to joining WWGR in 2011, Heinkel co-hosted mornings at iHeartMedias Cat
    Country 107.1 WCKT.

Mike Missanelli Departs Afternoons At 97.5 The Fanatic

Posted: 31 May 2022 03:33 PM PDT https://radioinsight.com/headlines/227306/mike-missanelli-departs-afternoons-at-97-5-the-fanatic/

After fourteen years in afternoons at Beasley Media Sports 97.5 The Fanatic WPEN-FM Burlington NJ/Philadelphia, Mike Missanelli announced that today
    was his last day with the station.

Missanelli told listeners, It’s difficult to get this out because it seems
    so surreal, but this is my last day as host of The Mike Missanelli Show. My current contract expires in a couple of weeks and the company and I decided
    to go in another direction. This is like the guy who comes into Bull Durham
    and they go the organization wants to make a change. Well that’s what’s going on. The station and I are talking about me remaining with the company
    in some kind of a role, but who knows. What I can tell you is they already
    have a replacement show under contract and I’m sure you’ll be hearing about that in the next few days.”

Philadelphia Sports blog Crossing Broad reports that Missanellis long-term contract expired last year and he had been working on a short-term
    extension.

Co-host Tyrone Johnson and producer Jen Scordo will host the 2-6pm show
    until a replacement is named.

Missanelli has been with the station since April 2008 predating the formats move from 950 to 97.5 in October 2009. He previously hosted middays at 610
    WIP and a sports talk show at 93.3 WMMR. He began his career as a writer
    for the Philadelphia Inquirer before moving to radio and also spent time at multiple Philadelphia television stations. His afternoon show was currently simulcast by NBC Sports Philadelphia.

Mike Missanelli is OUT at 97.5 The Fanatic! Mike announced just minutes ago that his contract is set to expire in a few weeks. He and the station have agreed to part ways. pic.twitter.com/t6fsgoWLcR

- Russ Joy (@JoyOnBroad) May 31, 2022

Albie Dee Becomes WLS-FM's VirtualJock

Posted: 31 May 2022 02:40 PM PDT https://radioinsight.com/headlines/227303/albie-dee-becomes-wls-fms-virtualjock/

Cumulus Classic Hits 94.7 WLS-FM Chicago will add Albie Dee as evening host starting Wednesday, June 1.

Dee comes to WLS-FM through VirtualJock.com. Dee has spent much of his
    career in the Washington DC and Baltimore markets including stints at
    stations including WPGC, WIHT, and 94.7 The Drive WIAD in Washington and
    WXYV, WZBA ane WWMX Baltimore. He has also served as Operations Manager for Adams Radio Group Salisbury/Ocean City, Program Director for WTMP Tampa,
    and worked on air at Pulse 87.7 WNYZ-LP New York after beginning his career with stints at multiple stations in Hartford.

Dee fills the timeslot that had been held by Kid Kelly Daily, until that
    show ceased production at the end of April.

VirtualJock President/CEO Jason Kidd remarks, “Albie’s resume speaks for itself. It’s so great to have one of America’s radio legends not only on our VirtualJock roster, but also on one of America’s most iconic radio stations. Special thanks to PD Wade Linder, VP/General Manager, Marv Nyren.
    We couldn’t be more excited to partner with such a great, leading brand.”

Matt Mony Joins WYOY As Program Director; Jenn Ryan Rises To APD

Posted: 31 May 2022 02:00 PM PDT https://radioinsight.com/headlines/227299/matt-mony-joins-wyoy-as-program-director-jenn-ryan-rises-to-apd/

New South Radio has announced a series of appointments at CHR Y101 WYOY Gluckstadt/Jackson MS.

Matt Mony joins the station as Program Director from late nights and
    weekends at LM San Diego CHR Z90.3 XHTZ Tijuana, where he has worked since 2019. Mony previously served as APD/MD/afternoon host at Inland Northwest Broadcasting CHR Z-Fun 106 KZFN Moscow ID.

The station has also promoted morning host Jenn Ryan to Assistant Program Director. Ryan and and Kevin ‘Bus’ Birdhouse have hosted mornings at the station since September 2020. Ryan has previously hosted mornings at CHR “Island 106” WILN Panama City and “Q92.9” WMFQ Ocala and KCHZ and KCJK Kansas City during her career.

With her new role as APD of WYOY, Ryan hands her cluster Promotions
    Director duties to Jan Michaels. Michaels spent 27 years at iHeartMedia
    Jackson in multiple roles including Promotions Director and Program
    Director until exiting the company last November. She most recently was
    hosting middays at Classic Rock “Z106.7” WSTZ

KFAITH To Debut In Santa Rosa

Posted: 31 May 2022 01:53 PM PDT https://radioinsight.com/headlines/227296/kfaith-to-debut-in-santa-rosa/

The Jennifer Sprenger led KFAITH will launch Christian Preaching K-FAITH
    103.1 on Wednesday, June 1.

KFAITH agreed to acquire Christian Rock “Broken-FM” 88.7 KORB Hopland and translators 89.5 K208GA Santa Rosa, 91.5 K218EN Santa Rosa, 103.1 K276FY
    Santa Rosa, and 101.3 K267BA Ukiah CA from One Ministries in April for $295,000. The new format will feature a mix of local preachers and national programming from Moody Radio and others.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)