• [RadioInsight] Rutgers Sports Moves To WFAN/WCBS

From RadioInsight via rec.radio.info Adm@21:1/5 to All on Fri May 27 08:44:23 2022
    XPost: alt.radio.broadcasting

RadioInsight

///////////////////////////////////////////
    Rutgers Sports Moves To WFAN/WCBS

Posted: 27 May 2022 04:00 AM PDT https://radioinsight.com/headlines/226886/rutgers-sports-moves-to-wfan-wcbs/

Rutgers University football and mens basketball will move from its longtime home on iHeartMedia Conservative Talk 710 WOR New York to Audacys duo of
    Sports 660 WFAN/101.9 WFAN-FM and News 880 WCBS New York starting this fall.

Audacy and Learfields Rutgers Sports Properties has agreed to a multi-year agreement to make WFAN the new home for Rutgers football and WCBS the
    flagship of its mens basketball network. All games will also be available
    on the Audacy app in the New York market.

WFAN will carry all football games along with 30-minute pre and post-game shows. Rutgers football joins New York Yankees baseball, New York Giants football, Brooklyn Nets basketball, and select New Jersey Devils hockey
    games on WFAN. Rutgers basketball games on WCBS will include 15 minute pre
    and post-game shows. WCBS also carries New York Mets baseball and some
    overflow from WFAN.

It was not announced whether Beasley Medias Fox Sports New Jersey 1450 WCTC/93.5 W228DY New Brunswick NJ will continue to carry the games as well.

Audacy and Rutgers Athletics have reached a multi-year agreement to make
    WFAN 101.9 FM / 660 AM (WFAN-FM/AM) the home for Rutgers football and WCBS
    880 (WCBS-AM) the flagship station for Rutgers men’s basketball.

“Rutgers athletics is on the rise under Greg Schiano and Steve Pikiell in
    the Big Ten, bringing excitement and anticipation to Tri-State area fans,” said Chris Oliviero, Market President, Audacy New York. “WFAN and WCBS 880 will provide listeners with unmatched coverage of the Scarlet Knights and
    we are honored to add Rutgers to Audacys market-leading play-by-play portfolio.”     

“We are excited to announce this partnership with Audacy,” said Pat Hobbs, Athletic Director, Rutgers. “Having our teams on WFAN and WCBS 880 is a
    great opportunity to expand our reach to sports fans in the New York metropolitan area. Our programs are having tremendous success across the
    board, and this allows for so many more fans to enjoy the excitement and
    join Rutgers Nation.”

Beginning with the 2022-23 season, WFAN will broadcast all regular games
    and postseason football games, including a 30-minute pregame and postgame
    show. Also beginning this season, WCBS 880 will air all regular season and postseason men’s basketball games, including a 15-minute pregame and
    postgame show. Both Rutgers football and men’s basketball broadcasts will also be available on the Audacy app in the local market territory. Both stations will also support the partnership and on-campus events through
    on-air, digital and social media promotion.

The partnership between Audacy and Rutgers Athletics was facilitated
    through Rutgers Sports Properties, the athletic department’s multimedia rightsholder and locally based LEARFIELD team. The team works alongside athletics administration on all aspects of the rights relationship with LEARFIELD.

KXPS Counting Down To Change

Posted: 26 May 2022 01:07 PM PDT https://radioinsight.com/headlines/226879/kxps-counting-down-to-change/

CRC Media Wests Sports Team 1010 KXPS/102.7 K274DA Thousand Palms CA is promoting a change is coming on Wednesday, June 1.

KXPSs website features a countdown clock to June 1 that features a logo
    icon similar to the one used by co-owned 1580 The Fanatic KQFN
    Tempe/Phoenix. On-air promos also indicate that the 1010 signal will be
    going away on that date and to keep listening on the FM. KXPS currently
    airs a mix of programming from the Fox Sports radio, CBS Sports Radio, and
    VSiN networks.

CRC Media West also owns Oldies Studio 100.9 1200 KPSF/100.9 K265FH
    Cathedral City in the Palm Springs market. KPSF is operated by Mark
    Westwoods Westmark LLC via LMA.

KIIS-FM To Depart SiriusXM

Posted: 26 May 2022 12:38 PM PDT https://radioinsight.com/headlines/226874/kiis-fm-to-depart-siriusxm/

For the first time since the launch of XM in 2001, a music station
    programmed by iHeartMedia will not be heard on the platform as 102.7
    KIIS-FM Los Angeles will be removed from channel 14 on June 1.

The deal dates back to then-Clear Channel purchasing a stake in XM
    Satellite Radio prior to its launch. The company at one point programmed
    nine channels on the XM platform including simulcasts of KIIS-FM, WHTZ and
    WLTW New York, WSIX Nashville, KHMX Houston, and WLW Cincinnati as well as
    many shows from WTKS-FM Orlando, Premiere Networks and Fox Sports Radio.
    The company sold its stake in SiriusXM in August 2013, with the deal being restructured that October to carrying just KIIS-FM and Z100 but on both the Sirius and XM platforms. WHTZ would be moved to streaming only in June
    2020, and KIIS-FM moved from channel 11 to 14 last November.

The SiriusXM channel guide lists Channel 14 as becoming home to limited run channels with Yacht Rock Radio airing there starting June 1. WHTZ will also depart the SiriusXM app.

INSTANT INSIGHT: At one point this would be a much bigger deal. But with
    the proliferation of streaming and each companys separate platforms, the continuance of KIIS with commercials around the remainder of SiriusXMs commercial-free music stations stuck out like a sore thumb. Now SiriusXM
    can focus completely on their brands, while iHeartMedia can push remaining KIIS-FM and WHTZ listeners to the iHeart platform.

WIXX Nabs Huggie For Afternoons

Posted: 26 May 2022 10:26 AM PDT https://radioinsight.com/headlines/226861/wixx-nabs-huggie-for-afternoons/

Dan ‘Huggie’ Amsden is joining Midwest Communications CHR 101.1 WIXX Green Bay as afternoon host on June 20.

Amsden most recently had a brief stint in afternoons at Hubbard Radio CHR “Movin 92.5” KQMV Seattle. He has also held on-air and production roles at Alpha Media CHR “Live 95.5” KBFF Portland, Townsquare Media CHR “103.5 Kiss-FM” KSAS-FM Boise and Kemp Broadcasting Hip Hop “Hot 97.5” KVEG Las Vegas.

With the addition of Huggie, current afternoon host Fife will move to
    middays. Those changes round out the WIXX lineup following the departure of Otis Day for a position outside of radio.

Dave Cruise Departs WXTU's Andie Summers Show

Posted: 26 May 2022 05:40 AM PDT https://radioinsight.com/headlines/226836/dave-cruise-departs-wxtus-andie-summers-show/

After three years in mornings at Beasley Media Country 92.5 WXTU
    Philadelphia, Dave Cruise has departed the station.

Cruise had joined The Andie Summers Show in June 2019 after six months as interim co-host from the APD/afternoon host slot at sister Variety Hits
    95.7 Ben-FM WBEN-FM. Cruise previously worked at WBEN-FM in multiple roles
    from 2005-2009 including Production Director, Morning Host, and
    MD/Afternoon Host. He has also hosted mornings at AC 99.5 WJBR Wilmington
    DE, afternoons at Country 94.7 WDSD Dover DE, and was APD/Afternoon Host at Classic Hits “106.9 The Eagle” WWEG Hagerstown MD.

Andie Summers remains entrenched leading the morning show at WXTU alongside producers Donnie Black and Shannon Boyle.

Richard Milne To Depart Mornings At WXRT To Care For Wife

Posted: 25 May 2022 01:47 PM PDT https://radioinsight.com/headlines/226786/richard-milne-to-depart-mornings-at-wxrt-to-care-for-wife/

Richard Milne will step down from mornings at Audacy AAA 93.1 WXRT Chicago
    on June 10 to take care of his wife.

Milne has been with WXRT since 1986 and took over mornings in January 2020, when Lin Brehmer moved into his midday slot. He recently returned from a monthlong leave of absence as his wife Charlene has end-stage
    frontotemporal dementia and has entered at-home hospice care.

In a staff memo shared by Robert Feder, Milne wrote, It’s long been my intention to be with Charlene through every moment of our remaining time together. Sadly, the end is coming more quickly than I ever would have
    guessed and now is the time for me to fully step away.” Milne indicated
    that he would like to someday return in a part-time role with the station commenting, “I do intend to return some day, host the occasional ‘Flashback,’ maybe do that Sunday afternoon thing again. We’ll see. Regardless, that won’t be until after a long period of mourning and reflection.”

Vic Canales Media Group Acquires WWNN

Posted: 25 May 2022 01:07 PM PDT https://radioinsight.com/headlines/226795/vic-canales-media-group-acquires-wwnn/

Six weeks after closing on his $1.25 million acquisition of Brokered Business/Talk 1470 WWNN Pompano Beach FL and translators 95.3 W237BD Boca
    Raton and 96.9 W245BC Lauderdale Lakes/Fort Lauderdale FL from Beasley
    Media Group in early April, Marc Paskin’s Marco Broadcasting is turning around and selling the stations to Vic Canales Media Group for a $200,000 profit.

The purchase payment will be made via an immediate $100,000 deposit,
    $850,000 at closing, $300,000 on or around December 31, $100,000 on or
    around May 31, 2023, and $100,000 donated to a charity of Paskins choice on
    or around May 31, 2023. An LMA will take effect ahead of closing, but is
    not specified in the sale contact.

Vic Canales Media Group owns True Oldies 95.9/106.9 W240CI North Palm Beach/W295BJ Jupiter fed via Hubbards 103.1 WIRK-HD3. If they add the
    acquired signals to that network it will expand the programming to the
    southern part of Palm Beach County and northern Broward County.

WSJS To Move To Mix Of Talk & Sports

Posted: 25 May 2022 11:50 AM PDT https://radioinsight.com/headlines/226789/wsjs-to-move-to-mix-of-talk-sports/

Truth Broadcasting will flip Sports 600 WSJS Winston-Salem NC and its four translators to a combination of Talk and Sports on Monday, June 6.

WSJS will add a local morning show Triad Today hosted by Jeffrey Griffin
    from 7-10am. The local Sports show The Drive hosted by Josh Graham will
    remain in the 3-6pm slot. Syndicated talkers Brian Kilmeade, Todd Starnes
    and Charlie Kirk will fill out the daytime lineup, while CBS Sports Radio programming will be heard at night and most of the weekend lineup. WSJS
    will also carry local high school sports, Duke University, and Westwood
    Ones national play-by-play coverage.

Truth acquired WSJS late last year for $625,000. The station currently
    carries a mix of national and regional sports programming. The station is
    also heard on 93.7 W229CH Greensboro, 101.5 W268CG Winston-Salem, 103.1
    W276DS Winston-Salem, and 104.9 W285EU High Point.

Truth Broadcasting is pleased to announce a format transition and
    acquisition of additional on-air talent for WSJS radio, effective Monday,
    June 6, 2022.

WSJS, the premiere news-talk-sports radio station in the Piedmont Triad,
    signed on the air April 17, 1930. The first broadcast originated three days later from the Easter Sunrise Service in Old Salem. It is the longest continuously airing special broadcast in radio history.

AM600 has connected listeners with the news, conversations, events and personalities central to Triad life for 92 years.

Following an ownership change, WSJS broke new ground in 2016, with the
    first and only all-sports broadcast schedule in the Greensboro/Winston-Salem/High Point/Burlington market. Closing out six
    years of unrivaled sports coverage, new-owner Stuart Epperson, Jr. is
    guiding WSJS home.

In the legacy of Wally Williams, Wayne Willard, George Lee, Glenn Scott,
    Gene Overby and Smith Patterson, WSJS is returning to a local
    news-talk-sports format with behind the microphone as the host of TRIAD TODAY, weekdays, 7:00 AM-10:00 AM.

Mid-day programming will include familiar voices and award-winning
    programming from Brian Kilmeade, Todd Starnes and Charlie Kirk.

THE DRIVE with Josh Graham will remain in place weekday afternoons, 3:00 PM-6:00 PM. Triad broadcasting legend JJ Jefferay is set to host THE YARD
    SALE Saturday mornings, 6:00 AM-8:00 AM.

Westwood One-CBS Sports and local programming will complete the evening and weekend broadcast schedule. WSJS’ long-standing relationship with Duke University through Learfield will continue, as will the station’s
    commitment to providing the best high school football coverage in North Carolina.

Triad listeners will continue to enjoy coverage of the nation’s most entertaining and electrifying sporting events including NCAA basketball and football, the College World Series, the NFL and The Masters.

Truth Broadcasting COO, Michael Carbone, is grateful for the opportunity to help rebuild and reconnect one of the cornerstones of Triad broadcasting
    with WSJS’ return to its roots in its 92nd year of broadcasting. “Its an incredible thrill, as well as a responsibility, to return the voice of the people to WSJS. A local talk station belongs to the listeners – our
    neighbors – to share their thoughts, their favorite things, favorite teams, their passion for the Triad, their celebrations, their issues, their
    dreams. We will restart that conversation and let the voices of the city
    color our days again.”

Market Manager, Tom Hamilton, welcomes WSJS’ return as the Triad’s first source for news, talk and sports content. “While WSJS enjoyed providing the Piedmont Triad with a 24/7 sports format, so much was lost with our
    connection to the Triad community with little to no live and local talk,
    news features, guest host hours, award-winning talk shows and more. Now, we’ve remedied that. Just wait until you hear it!”

Monday-Friday

5 AM-6 AM – FIRST LIGHT

6 AM-7 AM – AMERICA IN THE MORNING

7 AM-10 AM – TRIAD TODAY with JEFFREY GRIFFIN (9 AM-10 AM – EXPERT HOUR)

10 AM-12 NOON – THE BRIAN KILMEADE SHOW

12 NOON-2 PM – THE TODD STARNES SHOW

2 PM-3 PM – THE CHARLIE KIRK SHOW

3 PM-6 PM – THE DRIVE with JOSH GRAHAM

6 PM-9 PM – THE RICH EISEN SHOW

9 PM-10 PM – THE ZACH GELB SHOW

10 PM-2 AM – JR SPORTSBRIEF

2 AM-5 AM – AMY LAWRENCE

Saturday

6 AM-8 AM – THE YARD SALE with JJ JEFFERAY

8 AM-12 NOON – LOCAL PROGRAMMING (TBD)

12 NOON-6 AM – WESTWOOD ONE-CBS SPORTS

Sunday

6 AM-10 AM – LOCAL PROGRAMMING (TBD)

10 AM-11 AM – HOME MORAVIAN CHURCH

11 AM-12 NOON – CAROLINA NEWSMAKERS

12 NOON-5 AM – WESTWOOD ONE-CBS SPORTS

Finding More R&B At Classic Hits

Posted: 25 May 2022 09:00 AM PDT https://radioinsight.com/blogs/226267/finding-more-rb-at-classic-hits/

When “Keep On Loving You” by REO Speedwagon came out in late 1980, it was a big deal among my rock friends at University of Michigan. It was an edgy ballad, perfect for friends brooding over a breakup. It was the beginning
    of Hi-Infidelity becoming one of the biggest albums of the year. It was the record that both Rock and AC radio could agree on at the time they were
    setting the agenda for what was left of Top 40 radio during the “disco backlash,” even if “Celebration” was on the radio at the same time.

Then came “Take It on the Run.” It was almost the same song as “Keep On Lovin’ You,” but without the same edge and without the shock of the new. It was the next single, even though other songs on the album were more
    interesting (and readily available on rock radio). And it came as Top 40
    was continuing its descent in spring 1981. (The lyric didn’t quite scan either: “I think you’re cheating on me. I know you would never cheat on me, so I’m standing by you. But if you are cheating, I’m kicking you out.”) 

I’ve been listening to even more Classic Hits radio than usual recently for work reasons. Recently, somebody I follow tweeted, “When can we agree to
    just stop playing ‘Don’t Stop Believin?’” I’m sure I heard that song a few
    times a day in the course of my listening, but that wasn’t the one I
    noticed. It was hearing “Keep On Lovin’ You” every day that stood out. In the year of “Arthur’s Theme” and “The One That You Love,” it was the best
    of the available balladry. When things started to improve at Top 40 and the format rebounded, its job was, to some extent, done. 

But I hear a lot of corporate rock at Classic Hits radio now — some from
    the doldrums (REO, Journey); some after the format diversified and improved (Bryan Adams); some by bands from the corporate era but now associated with
    the hair-band era (Bon Jovi, Def Leppard); and one holdover that was 1987,
    but could have as easily been from 1981 (Cutting Crew). “Take It on the Run” was the one that stuck out — a likable enough trifle that hardly seemed to occupy the same place in the firmament as “Summer of ‘69” or “Don’t Stop Believin’” or “I Love Rock & Roll.”

Then reader Steve Reggie responded to my column about musical frame of reference and how I stuck with R&B and pop in the late ‘70s when most self-respecting kids switched to Album Rock. Reggie wrote that he had
    listened to it all. Now he wondered why nobody was playing it all. Reggie
    hears Classic Hits stations as “Michael Jackson, Prince, and not much else” from R&B. “I’m not sure what the theory is? When we were in our teens and 20s, we listened to Top 40 stations with a 50%-rhythmic playlist. But in
    our 40s and 50s, we want no dance music at all?” He goes on to ask if it’s the influence of former listeners to AOR in its narrowest period? “But
    then, wouldn’t they be listening to Classic Rock?”

R&B, as it happened, placed 28 songs in Billboard’s Top 100 of 1984 — considered the peak year of the CHR boom. That doesn’t count another
    handful of pop songs that R&B radio played (Madonna, Hall & Oates, Dan Hartman). Now there are eight songs among the top 100 most played songs at Classic Hits, according to BDSradio. That might seem more like the doldrum years, but even in 1981, there were 16 R&B titles in the year-end Top 100.

I’ve already spent 2,000 words telling you about my personal taste as “The Kid Who Would Not Rock”, and I have to avoid projecting it on listeners who seem very satisfied with a very successful radio format. But I do have some thoughts on how it happened:

Classic Rock Does Play a Role: I’ve noted for a while, especially in the
    last two years of calculating the Lost Factor of former hits — and the endurance of others — that the most-played late-’70s and ’80s songs are those that play on Classic Hits, Classic Rock, and Adult Hits. Those songs
    are more easily able to get a quorum. Adult Hits, with its emphasis on
    Classic Rock and ‘80s New Wave, had a lot to do with what songs endured
    from that era and in setting the agenda for Classic Hits as those formats
    moved more closely together.

Increasingly, AC Plays a Role: Those songs that don’t come from the Classic Rock/Adult Hits side tend to come from AC, which has helped reinforce songs like “Hungry Eyes” and “Break My Stride” at Classic Hits. As they did in
    1981, AC stations also reinforce those records at the rock/AC intersection
    — “(I Just) Died in Your Arms,” “Nothing’s Gonna Stop Us Now,” etc. It
    should be noted that some rhythmic titles, such as “Straight Up” or “Let’s
    Hear It for the Boy,” do better at AC as well.

Less ’70s: One of the ironies of the early ’00s was the success of Disco at AC and then Classic Hits (and even Adult Hits, which tended to use it for
    shock effect). Then those formats pushed forward out of the ’70s. That
    said, even now at Classic Hits, the top 100 most-played includes “September” (No. 56), “Stayin’ Alive” (64, not counted here as one of the
    eight R&B titles, although it was an R&B hit as well), and “I Will Survive” (78). In addition, some of the R&B that was part of rock radio in the ’70s (“Superstition” and “Low Rider” in particular) is also less heard now.

Less ’70s and ’80s at Adult R&B:  Adult R&B and R&B Oldies stations have always been about 10 years ahead of other comparable formats. Adult R&B is
    more centered in the ’90s than the ‘80s now. (As New Edition and its related acts become center-lane, I have seen more of those songs start to
    show through for some pop stations.) There were also a lot of soft R&B
    early ’80s titles — “Just the Two of Us,” “If Ever You’re in My Arms Again”
    — that were offloaded from Adult R&B to Smooth Jazz, then became less heard when Smooth Jazz disappeared. Some of those titles are back on the new crop
    of Soft ACs, however.

Focus on a Relative Handful of Artists: Because both Michael Jackson and
    Prince are so much deeper than any other R&B artists at Classic Hits, the airplay for any given title is diluted, meaning those songs are less likely
    to make the Top 100 most-played. (The only title, besides Jackson, Prince,
    and the aforementioned disco, is Whitney Houston’s “I Wanna Dance With Somebody [Who Loves Me.]”

Focus on Listeners Who Weren’t There: As listeners continue to move through the demographic window, we are increasingly playing the ’80s for listeners who weren’t there. If you were there, you notice that “Oh Sheila” and “Word
    Up” are missing. If you weren’t there, you have a better chance of learning those songs that are already on the radio. Then again, I noticed recently
    that “I Like” by Guy was having a TikTok comeback. That song didn’t even cross over in 1988. I’d be surprised if it could pick up enough critical
    mass to test old now, but I’d certainly want to test it and find out.

This will change. As Classic Hits Pushes Into the ’90s, R&B and Hip-Hop Are Harder to Deny. Alternative, the first format where any ’90s music tested, will help set the agenda. But already, it’s possible to see inroads for “U Can’t Touch This,” “Poison,” “This Is How We Do It,” “No Diggity,” and, as
    noted recently on KRTH (K-Earth 101) Los Angeles, “California Love.” As the format moves further into the late ’90s/early ’00s, we’ll hear “Family Affair” and even “Hit ‘Em Up Style (Ooops!),” because we’ve already seen
    those records work for those Mainstream ACs that will test them.

In the meantime, there are a few Classic Hits stations where ’80s R&B and dance have more of a presence:

WOCL (105.9 Sunny FM) Orlando: Better for hearing Rhythmic Pop than its
    peers, but also feels like it has a more varied, more tempo-driven ’80s
    list than some comparable stations. It’s been an industry favorite for a while.
    KONO-FM San Antonio: It was one of the last Classic Hits stations where you were likely to hear, say, “Kiss and Say Goodbye.” That type of song has moved to its AM, but the last three songs on KONO were “Straight Up,” “Good
    Times,” and “Let’s Groove.”
    KABG (Big 98.5) Albuquerque, N.M.: On the markets No. 1 music station, the
    top 100 most-played songs are still roughly 25% R&B.
    WFEZ (Easy 93) Miami and WDUV Tampa: WFEZ’s calling-card in recent years
    has been ’80s R&B, but as it increasingly adds tempo, you might hear “Point of No Return” by Expose or “I Can’t Wait” by Nu Shooz. WDUV’s recently
    played titles include “Let the Music Play,” “Isn’t She Lovely,” and the
    Taylor Dayne version of “Can’t Get Enough of Your Love Babe.”
    WNAV Annapolis, Md.: Under new owner/programmer Chris Roth, there’s still a ’70s pop component, but there’s more of a “Jammin’ Oldies” feel as well.
    Here’s the station as monitored in early May in p.m. drive:

Earth, Wind & Fire, “Fantasy”
    Kajagoogoo, “Too Shy”
    Harold Melvin & Blue Notes, “Bad Luck”
    Gloria Gaynor, “Never Can Say Goodbye”
    INXS, “Need You Tonight”
    Friends of Distinction, “Grazing in the Grass”
    Spinners, “I’ll Be Around”
    Kenny Loggins, “I’m Alright”
    Mathis & Williams, “Too Much, Too Little, Too Late”
    New Kids on the Block, “You Got It (The Right Stuff)”
    Fifth Dimension, “Workin’ on a Groovy Thing”

Domain Insight 5/25: Potential Rebrands In St. Louis & Nashville

Posted: 25 May 2022 08:29 AM PDT https://radioinsight.com/headlines/netgnomes/226756/domain-insight-5-25-potential-rebrands-in-st-louis-nashville/

As we approach the Memorial Day holiday, which historically used to be one
    of the busier time periods for new format launches, this year like the past couple of years looks to be a bit on the slower side.

Among the markets were monitoring for rebrands moreso than outright flips
    this weekend or soon after are St. Louis and Nashville.
    This content is for Premium Annual and Premium Monthly members only. Visit
    the site and log in/register to read.

Parker Hillis Heads To Houston As KILT Brand Manager

Posted: 25 May 2022 07:06 AM PDT https://radioinsight.com/headlines/226766/parker-hillis-heads-to-houston-as-kilt-brand-manager/

After just five months after being promoted to Assistant Program Director
    at Bonneville Sports 104.3 The Fan KKFN-FM Longmont/Denver, Parker Hills
    has departed to join Audacys Sports Radio 610 KILT Houston.

Hillis had been with KKFN since April 2019 first as Executive Producer. He previously spent five years in Dallas at “105.3 The Fan” KRLD-FM as a producer, weekend host, and pre and post-game host for Texas Rangers
    baseball.

He succeeds Armen Williams, who departed the station in February for a
    position outside of broadcasting.

Audacy has named Parker Hillis Brand Manager of Sports Radio 610 (KILT-AM)
    in Houston, effective June 6. In this role, Hillis will oversee content strategy, talent, operations and branding for the station.
    “Parker is a rising star,” said Sarah Frazier, Senior Vice President and Market Manager, Audacy Houston. “He has impressed us since day one with his innovative ideas, focus on talent coaching and work ethic. Were thrilled to have him join our Audacy team.”
    “I’m excited to join the Sports Radio 610 team in Houston,” said Hillis. “The opportunity to direct and grow an already incredible Audacy brand is truly an honor.”
    Hillis joins Sports Radio 610 after previously serving as assistant program director of Bonneville’s 104.3 The Fan in Denver, a role he held since January 2022. He joined Bonneville in April 2019 as executive producer.
    This move marks Hillis’ second stint with Audacy; he served in a variety of producer roles for Audacy Dallas’ 105.3 The Fan (KRLD-FM) from 2014 to 2019, including the station’s flagship coverage of the Dallas Cowboys and Texas Rangers.

WLTJ Brings Ya Jagoff Podcast To Nights

Posted: 25 May 2022 06:33 AM PDT https://radioinsight.com/headlines/226761/wltj-brings-ya-jagoff-podcast-to-nights/

Steel City Media Hot AC Q92.9 WLTJ Pittsburgh has announced it will bring
    the local Ya Jagoff! podcast hosted by Rachael Rennebeck and John
    Chamberlin to nights on the station starting Monday, June 6.

“Ya Jagoff on Q” will air weekdays from 7-10pm repurposing content from the podcast. The show is described as Guests join Rennebeck and Chamberlin to
    talk about food, entertainment, culture, local events and of course,
    jagoffs! The hosts also operate a local marketing, public relations, and multi-media production company based around their podcast and comedy blog.

U.S. dialect (chiefly in Western Pennsylvania) JAGOFF: a stupid, irritating
    or contemptible person. But in Pittsburgh, the word JAGOFF can be a term of endearment. “Howve ya been, ya jagoff?” Everyone in Pittsburgh knows a jagoff or two!

WLTJ-FM announces co-hosts of the popular Pittsburgh Podcast, “Ya Jagoff!” to the on-air line up starting June 6. Rachael Rennebeck and John
    Chamberlin, creators of the local podcast, will now bring “Ya Jagoff on Q” to 92.9 FM weekdays from 7 to 10pm.

“Ya Jagoff!” in its 6th year as a podcast and 11th as a blog, is all about the cool stuff going on in Pittsburgh. Guests join Rennebeck and Chamberlin
    to talk about food, entertainment, culture, local events and of course, jagoffs! The podcast is based on the Pittsburgh humor blog, Yajagoff.com.
    “Ya Jagoff on Q” will be a condensed version of the successful podcast.

“We’ve thought about a concept like this for a while, we needed to find the right fit with creative and local content that we believed in. Rachael and
    John definitely meet those needs,” says Steel City Media Owner/General Manager, Gregg Frischling.

Rennebeck added, “It is refreshing and humbling that Steel City Media believes in our podcast and appreciates our dedication. It feels like the
    right fit, and we are thrilled to be part of Steel City Media.” “We cannot wait to get started and be a part of something new in Pittsburgh!” says Chamberlin.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)