• [RadioInsight] Radio Zindagi Acquires Central NJ Affiliate For $750,000

From RadioInsight via rec.radio.info Adm@21:1/5 to All on Sun May 15 00:02:44 2022
    XPost: alt.radio.broadcasting

RadioInsight

///////////////////////////////////////////
    Radio Zindagi Acquires Central NJ Affiliate For $750,000

Posted: 13 May 2022 04:09 PM PDT https://radioinsight.com/headlines/225727/radio-zindagi-acquires-central-nj-affiliate-for-750000/

Sunil Halis Zindagi 967 FM LLC is purchasing 96.7 W244DU Parsippany NJ from Cantico Nuevo Ministry for $750,000.

W244DU, which despite being licensed to Parsippany, covers the area in
    Central New Jersey around Edison, which is home to one of the largest South Asian populations in the country. The translator, fed by 1310 WXMC Parsippany-Troy Hills, carries the Radio Zindagi programming that is also
    heard on Om Sai Broadcastings 540 WBWD Islip NY and Factorial Broadcastings 1550 KZDG and Lazer Broadcastings 99.3 K257GE San Francisco CA.

Hali owns both Radio Zindagi LLC and Zindagi 967 FM LLC with the former assigning its option to purchase the translator to the latter. The
    translator is one of three South Asian targeted stations in the area along
    with EBC Radio 1170 WWTR Bridgewater and Radio Mirchi W224CW Franklin Township/WPRB-HD2 Princeton.

///////////////////////////////////////////
    Gina Ferraro Joins New Country 103.9 Dayton

Posted: 13 May 2022 03:29 PM PDT https://radioinsight.com/headlines/225721/gina-ferraro-joins-new-country-103-9-dayton/

iHeartMedia Country New Country 103.9 WZDA Beavercreek/Dayton OH has added
    its first local personality with the addition of Gina Ferraro to the
    station as midday host.

Ferraro most recently hosted middays at Cumulus AC Warm 98.5 WRRM
    Cincinnati from February 2020 until this past March. It marks a return to iHeartMedia Dayton for her as she previously co-hosted mornings on Hot AC
    Mix 107.7 WMMX from 2013-17 and again from August 2018 until her move to
    WRRM. In between her two stints on WMMX, Ferraro served as Program Director
    and afternoon host on CHR Channel 99.9 WCHD.

WZDA flipped from Alternative to Country in December 2021 following a
    Christmas music stunt. Her addition rounds out a lineup that includes the
    Bobby Bones Show in mornings, WGAR Clevelands Steve Wazz in afternoons and
    WPGB Pittsburghs Kasper at night.

iHeartMedia Dayton’s New Country 103.9 today announced the addition of Gina Ferraro to the on-air lineup. Gina’s show will broadcast weekdays from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.

“We’re really excited to add Gina to the station’s lineup of ‘The Bobby Bones Show,’ ‘After Midnight with Granger Smith,’ Wazz in the afternoon, and Kasper at night,” said Jeff Stevens, Senior VP Programming for iHeartMedia Dayton. “We know how involved Gina will be in the community and how much fun she’ll be while you listen to her during the day.”

“Gina is a talent ready to engage listeners both on the air and through an expanding social media presence on day one,” said Scott Sands, Area Senior
    VP Programming for OH WV. “Her energy and personality will really shine in Dayton.”

“I used to listen to my country music in the car with my mom growing up and that really started my love for country music,” Ferraro said. “The lyrics of country songs are really hard to match and have touched my soul through
    the years.”

Ferraro began her career in Dayton after graduating from Wright State University and worked in larger markets like Chicago and Cincinnati before returning home to Dayton’s New Country 103.9.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)